ICL Employee Reviews

Where executives get better with us
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 5, 2017
It was great working with people except for the unbelievable greed of the executives they will let you go so fast and lie about why . the team in Staten island rocks the executives in Manhattan could not give two poops about the blue collar worker and the say "people get better with us" what they really mean is executives get better beware your job security not so secure due to greed
Pros
Heping people that need help
Cons
Greedy executives
Rocky Mountain Partner
Sales Rep/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2017
We would come in and practice our "pitch". Then receive a motivational speech before we left for the field. Plan a route before walking the field. Knock on fifty doors a day three times each (150 doors). Then return back to base and reflect on the day.

Most part of the job I enjoyed was the freedom we had to form our own system.
Pros
Learned how to become an entrepreneur
Cons
You do not work with honest people
Great learning experience as an intern
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2017
You will learn clinical skills and be provided with assistance from supervisors, director, and other staff. I would recommend student entering the mental health or social services field to apply for internship opportunities.
Pros
Free Lunches
Not recommended or worth the risk
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 2, 2017
You will get a lot of experience in the mental health field, but you may be putting your life/health at risk for it. You work illegal hours(16+), you don't get paid for lunch and you can't leave the facility for lunch. Your co-workers and the residents will have conflicts with one another there is no staff, low pay, and unprofessional management.
Pros
N/a
Cons
1/2 hr lunch, May be putting your life at risk.
review
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Meeting with clients, entering case notes within 24hours of client contact. Work culture Is good if you are working with a great team than you are really lucky. Clients are often very needy and you have to make contact with them often times on your day off because they are constantly calling. Benefits is horrible you're practically paying out of pocket to see your doctor.
Pros
Great Staff, get to know clients
Cons
Horrible Benefits and Horrible medical insurance
Poor salary
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  125 broad stMarch 21, 2017
Management is very unorganized. Raises are seldom given. Employees are often overworked. Extremely high turnover rate. Health insurance and dental are incredibly expensive.
Family oriented
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
Fast paced, there's always something to do
It's a joy to work with residents and getting to know them
Take every training course that is offered as it is beneficial
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Make sure to make time for lunch
Fast paced atmosphere, friendly environment, self motivated staff
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2016
I appreciate the new skill sets obtained, case management experience, and advancement opportunities provided by the company. However, the agency is going through some changes and I'm unsure how long my current program/ position will be available.

I also relocated recently and unfortunately this agency doesn't have any program offices based in New Jersey.
Pros
vacation time, possibilities for advancement, promotes from within.
Cons
healthcare is a little expensive. Also raises are not offered often, nor are they performance based.
Good Entry Level
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2016
This is a great place to begin your career and learn about the nonprofit sector. However, it is very corporate, which is difficult to achieve tasks in the social work sector.
Overwhelming due to . over worked and underpaid
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2015
a typical work day consists of having to do the work of other departments thus not giving you the ability to do what you have planned for your work schedule. Being understaffed because of ongoing budgetary issue(s) has one having to do the work of what should be 3 to 1. Salaries are low, workload is high and systemically, the agency does not have systems that increases work that ends up being a lot of wasted time or double work. .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High co pays, low contribution to pension
Enjoy position
Unit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2015
Working for ICL is great; my co-workers and my direct supervisor are supportive and assist with the work load and the bonus is my enjoyment of working with the MICA (mentally ill chemically addicted) population.
Pros
shift hours
Cons
need more client interaction
Always busy
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Typical day at this plant is "non typical: of other plants. Everything changes everyday, we batch ingredients to make a final product. This "formula" can change hourly as we batch different products into the final product based on needs & supplies we have. Hardest part is organizing your day, as mentioned the schedule changes often.
Pros
You stay busy, time flies
Cons
Its not a controled envioroment, summers are hot
The job was good for me while I was finishing my MSW. I now need something more lucrative.
Front Desk Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2015
Front Line employees are poorly paid. Health Insurance is too costly. My co-workers are great. They trained me. I learned more Crisis Intervention working with the seriously mentally ill comorbid with substance abuse and the issue of homelessness.
Pros
Vacation and Sick Time
Cons
Healthcare, salaries
Good place to work.
On call desk Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2015
A good environment to work for, it has its downfall but it's not that bad. They need to do better with the salary. The pay is too little.
Pros
you get job security
Cons
little room for growth. poor salary, Overworked underpaid
very good place to work
Administrative Assistant/Unit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Long Island cityDecember 3, 2013
ICL is a veterans shelter. We service over 200 veterans and the facilily is a 24 hour shelter. I have recently been promoted to the Administrative Assistant from a Unit counselor position at another site. I am a team player and my work relationship with my coworkers are good. I don't find any part of my job difficult as I enjoy my position as an administrative assistant.
Pros
I have my own office and my Director is very nice.
Cons
we are only allowed 1/2 for lunch
Learning experience
Over Night Residential Counselor/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens Village, NYSeptember 2, 2012
I learned how to better work with people that have a mental illness, history of subtance use, and chronic medical conditions.

A typcal day at the residence would be an exchange of shift information, counting off the narcotics, getting directions from my supervisor, following up with providers and making appointments, monitoring medication, meeting with clients, checking rooms, meeting with next staff coming on, and recording events of the day in a log book.