ICL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Learning experience
Over Night Residential Counselor/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens Village, NYSeptember 2, 2012
I learned how to better work with people that have a mental illness, history of subtance use, and chronic medical conditions.

A typcal day at the residence would be an exchange of shift information, counting off the narcotics, getting directions from my supervisor, following up with providers and making appointments, monitoring medication, meeting with clients, checking rooms, meeting with next staff coming on, and recording events of the day in a log book.
very good place to work
Administrative Assistant/Unit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Long Island cityDecember 3, 2013
ICL is a veterans shelter. We service over 200 veterans and the facilily is a 24 hour shelter. I have recently been promoted to the Administrative Assistant from a Unit counselor position at another site. I am a team player and my work relationship with my coworkers are good. I don't find any part of my job difficult as I enjoy my position as an administrative assistant.
Pros
i have my own office and my director is very nice.
Cons
we are only allowed 1/2 for lunch
Always busy
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Typical day at this plant is "non typical: of other plants. Everything changes everyday, we batch ingredients to make a final product. This "formula" can change hourly as we batch different products into the final product based on needs & supplies we have. Hardest part is organizing your day, as mentioned the schedule changes often.
Pros
You stay busy, time flies
Cons
Its not a controled envioroment, summers are hot
The job was good for me while I was finishing my MSW. I now need something more lucrative.
Front Desk Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2015
Front Line employees are poorly paid. Health Insurance is too costly. My co-workers are great. They trained me. I learned more Crisis Intervention working with the seriously mentally ill comorbid with substance abuse and the issue of homelessness.
Pros
Vacation and Sick Time
Cons
Healthcare, salaries
Good place to work.
On call desk Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2015
A good environment to work for, it has its downfall but it's not that bad. They need to do better with the salary. The pay is too little.
Pros
you get job security
Cons
little room for growth. poor salary, Overworked underpaid
Enjoy position
Unit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2015
Working for ICL is great; my co-workers and my direct supervisor are supportive and assist with the work load and the bonus is my enjoyment of working with the MICA (mentally ill chemically addicted) population.
Pros
shift hours
Cons
need more client interaction
Good Pay
Industrial Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 22, 2013
Good Pay and not too hard of work and everyone was easy to work with

Want to know more about ICL?

Ask a question