ICL Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
On call desk Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2015
Pros: you get job security
Cons: little room for growth. poor salary, Overworked underpaid
A good environment to work for, it has its downfall but it's not that bad. They need to do better with the salary. The pay is too little.
very good place to work
Administrative Assistant/Unit Counselor (Current Employee), Long Island cityDecember 3, 2013
Pros: i have my own office and my director is very nice.
Cons: we are only allowed 1/2 for lunch
ICL is a veterans shelter. We service over 200 veterans and the facilily is a 24 hour shelter. I have recently been promoted to the Administrative Assistant from a Unit counselor position at another site. I am a team player and my work relationship with my coworkers are good. I don't find any part of my job difficult as I enjoy my position as an administrative assistant.
Good Pay
Industrial Intern (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMarch 22, 2013
Good Pay and not too hard of work and everyone was easy to work with
Learning experience
Over Night Residential Counselor/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Queens Village, NYSeptember 2, 2012
I learned how to better work with people that have a mental illness, history of subtance use, and chronic medical conditions.

A typcal day at the residence would be an exchange of shift information, counting off the narcotics, getting directions from my supervisor, following up with providers and making appointments, monitoring medication, meeting with clients, checking rooms, meeting with next staff coming on, and recording events of the day in a log book.