ICON Clinical Research, Inc. Employee Reviews

Pleasant atmosphere where you can develop your skillset
Document Management Associate II (Current Employee), 212 Church Rd, North Wales, PA 19454August 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent work culture, wealth of information
Cons: Limited upward mobility, creative ideas
I index 60 time-sensitive documents a day. I mainly interact with the staff in my department. I've learned a vast amount of information from my mentors. The managers are helpful, but often bogged down with work and meeting company deadlines. The most challenging part of the job is completing work that should already be done by the document submitters. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the goals that has been set forth by the client.
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: down time
Nice relaxed environment, relaxed atmosphere, high security, friendly staff, good management, easy access to leave and enter parking area
Excellent Place to work!!
In House CRA (Current Employee), North Wales, PAJuly 6, 2015
Would highly recommend anyone who works in clinical research. I came from the site side of research and transitioning was very easy because ICON gives you all the tools you need to effectively do your job.
Great Company
Regional HR Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), North Wales, PAJune 8, 2015
ICON is a really great company to work for. They are moving to bigger and better things in the very near future. As they grow, I have a potential to continue to grow.
work-life balance, Good for getting experience & than move on
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), FarmingdaleJune 6, 2015
Pros: Nice Culture
Cons: ICL Not growing, not good pay, no Job Safety, no career advancement, Low Pay
ICL, Farmingdale ( June, 2015) ...New management is Horrible. Good People are leaving & Work is slow. If they hire than ready to leave/ lay off any time.People do not want to work certain department in Lab area. Do not leave the Job for ICL because It is worst here. ICL is not growing, not good pay, no Job Safety, no career advancement, Low Pay so students are always welcomes. In certain Department, Due to politics manager/ supervisor gives verbal & written warnings to let you go from Job.
Productive place to work.
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Former Employee), North Wales, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Cons: Not enough counter space in cafeteria.
The company is high on quality work. They meet deliverables and train their staff well on the most up to date processes and programs. The atmosphere is light and easy-going but with great attention to doing the job right and finding ways to improve work performance.
Great First Job
Project Assistant (Former Employee), Warrington, PAMay 6, 2015
ICON Clinical Research was a great company to work for. I enjoyed developing strong relationships with my coworkers and clients.
lack of managment support
Investigator Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 13, 2015
Management is usually work from home so its hard to get the training and support. Great experience but no structure. Lack of training within the company.
Quality and Productivity
Document Management Associate 1 (Current Employee), North Wales, PAMarch 7, 2015
Always the bottom line Quality and Productivity hand in hand.Thrives to be one of the Top CRO's.

Need to increase for cost of living.
LOWWW PAY
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), North Wales, PAJanuary 18, 2015
the pay here is extremely low couldn't even afford to pay for a tire on my car
did not feel training was adequate
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee), North Wales, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: friends i made while i worked there
Cons: never being thanked for special effort when project needed to be done
Start the day by entering data
I learned how to check data
Management was not active
My co-workers were great
The hardest part of the job was learning to finish a task
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to finish a project
Great place to work - people place
Clinical Studies Associate (Former Employee), North Wales, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough training
I spoke with study sites to obtain regulatory documents for their participation in a clinical trial. Made sure documents were current and correct. Helped sites get approval from their local IRB's by reviewing informed consents. Made sure all documents were accounted for approval to ship study drug.
Jr. Network Administrator
Clinical Research IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 4, 2014
More than 10 years’ experience installing, configuring, and administering networks, infrastructure, and security solutions.
Technically astute and forward-thinking professional adept at evaluating, selecting, and implementing robust hardware, software, and equipment to support high-capacity networks. Offer exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to maintain system availability, eliminate errors, and support user needs. Articulate communicator able to interact with technical and non-technical individuals, including vendors, clients, end-users, and managers.
Great people working in a challenging environment
Executive Assistant - Strategic Development (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: strong and busy environment with breadth of client base that keeps the easily bored very challenged.
Cons: ever changing teammates and projects with multiple contact points around the globe, it's fast and keeping up is a challenge, but once you get it, its gotten
ICON was a job I had never really considered until I was called by their recruiter. The CRO world runs at a pace I had never imagined, and truly thoroughly enjoyed. Many will tell you - ICON is about great people - and it is!!! While any global company has its challenges, one thing that really stood out is that everyone - everywhere in the world - met those challenges in a team oriented fashion which – more... resulted in a great deal of satisfaction as an employee. My boss was dedicated and worked harder than just about anyone and it motivated me to stay 'in it to win it!' The hardest part of the job wasn't really hard - it was just never ending. With a global organization - I could pick up the computer or phone and someone somewhere in the world was actively working on a project that touched me - and so I could work unending. But ironically, there is a sense of fidelity that grows and encourages 4am meetings so you can include people from Germany and China, etc. – less
Good company to work for with opportunities for advancement.
Assoc Dir Global Operations, IT (Former Employee), North Wales, PAAugust 5, 2014
ICON is a fast growing Global company who continually restructures to find the best utilization of people.
ICON
Study Start up Associate II (Current Employee), North Wales, PennsylvnaiAugust 4, 2014
pro: Great benefits, enjoyable work environment, flexible hours, compressed work weeks

cons: Lot of work without employee appreciation. Unable to work from home
A nice place to work
Document Management Assistant (Current Employee), North Wales, PAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: teambuilding meetings
Cons: short work week
ICON is a nice company to work for. They provide opportunities for career growth within the company. Nice vacation and benefits.
Cannot present review. Position was a contract position, time was too short for further evaluation
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee), North Wales, PAJuly 11, 2014
Management appear to be well trained and dedicated to project. Training procedures were also well organized.
Clinical company
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), North Wales, PAJune 25, 2014
I not bad if you are an actual employee, they aren't the best to contractors
Great place to work.
Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 29, 2014
Typical day included preparing, handling, distributing, and filing clinical documentation of the trial; handling and providing clinical trial supplies to the study team and investigative sites; accurately tracking and maintaining the clinical systems of the trial as well as the recording of meeting minutes.

Clinical trials are a great benefit to Patients who have trouble affording the drugs or treatment they need. Some patients have no alternatives for treatment and permanent debilitation or death are imminent. In such cases, participation in a clinical trial may give them hope or possibilities that do not exist otherwise.