Icon International Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and nice work enviroment
Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Fun and nice work environment. Great work culture.

Great place to learn if you are just starting out in the industry.

Could have more room for growth
So So
Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 31, 2015
Good place to work if you're looking to stay there. After a year or two you stop learning. If you want to continue learning this isn't necessarily the place for you.
The company is productive to the extent of customers' demand. Nice place to work.
Wirer. (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIMay 13, 2015
The productivity of the company depends on customers' demand. Most management personnel are very friendly.Job security there is at most high, thanks to IBEW union. Good working atmosphere. The factory is well equipped with state of the art work benches and table.Nice place to work.
Pros
Company provides pizza and coffee & doughnut occassionally.
Cons
A minute late including grace time (2 minutes) is not paid for.
Abc
Media Coordinator/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 9, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed.
Nice Company
Accounts Payable Intern & Billing Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 17, 2013
Nice place to work, relaxing environment, great benefits and company outings.
Chop shop
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 29, 2013
I've read some of the prior post. Obvious internal hr work.
This place at least on the sales side is a joke. Reward the suck-up's and fire everyone else is the culture. They do lure you with a high base but buyer beware, this one has rust all over.
Pros
high salary
Cons
lying, politics, backstabbing
Fast paced media company- alot of overturn
National Broadcast Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 24, 2013
• Worked with clients to broadcast their commercials via television or radio targeting specific demographics.
• Efficiently managed project statuses for multiple accounts in a timely fashion.
• Corresponded with television networks as well as clients to ensure both parties are reaching desired goals.
• Performed data entry including projects, flow charts and reports and tracking.
• Prepared post analysis reports for clients at the end of each quarter showing how their buy delivered.
• Organized billing discrepancies between finance and merchants.
One of the most interesting companies you may never have heard of!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 8, 2013
Not many people have heard of the corporate barter industry. I certainly had not. I had been a client of the company and thought both the business model and the team I dealt with were first rate.

ICON's business model allows us to work with some of the biggest and best companies in America. In the sales department we have the pleasure of meeting with CEO's, CFO's and other C level execs to disuss a business model where all parties can win. Whereas in many companies you talk to the same people about the same problems, at ICON nearly every day can involve a new customer in a completely new industry which is great for personal growth.

The company, despite its size, is very entrepreneurial and your performance is directly rewarded. You are given the flexibility and freedom to manage your business without being overly stifled.

I would definitely recommend this for a sales oriented executive looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Pros
financial strong company, great business model, flexibility/freedom to manage your business
Cons
lots of travel (as with any sales position)
Fun workplace
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 14, 2013
I enjoyed my job and the people. The environment was friendly. I developed my skills while at my previous job but however being working long time I felt I was not able to reach my full potential because there was no room for advancement
I appreciate the skills I developed while with the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was performing my P&L analysis with detail and on time especially during closing deadlines.
Pros
good benefits - 401 k, healthcare medical, dental & family
Cons
the company does not offer tuition reimbursement
Productive, laid back work environment.
Local Broadcast Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at ICON was predictable. Everyday, you were to expect the unexpected. I enjoyed my co-workers and time there. I learned a great deal and acquired excellent references. I feel that ICON was a great stepping stone in my professional career.
Corporate Barter Firm
Asst. Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford CTFebruary 12, 2012
Specialized finance company with an intriguing business model. Primarily a financial resource for corporations with large amounts of untapped or underperforming assets. Icon would engage in multimillion dollar business contracts, centered on barter. Exchange of goods and services for guaranteed annual media service contracts. Part of a larger multimedia firm, Omnicom, this allowed Icon to receive tier one rates on said media campaigns. Work was structured to be time and cost efficient and designed to minimize human error. The opportunities for growth and development were limited to interdepartmental. Strong divides between the media and barter sides of the company. .
Pros
strong leadership, steadiness and constistency of work.
Cons
limitied opportunities for growth, develpoment, and salary advancement.