Icon International Employee Reviews

Voted one of Stamford's top places to work
Senior Buyer / Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to work that places emphasis on work life balance. Promotes from within and provides opportunities to transition into different roles. Good benefits.
An Extremely OK Experience
Media Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 30, 2017
I've been working at ICON for slightly over four years. The job is tolerable and I'm working with a lot of great people. If you're in the work-to-live camp or you've got a knack for the sort of position ICON is offering, go for it. However, growth at ICON is slow, both in terms of salary and in the acquisition of broadly applicable skills. You will learn how to complete a lot of company-specific tasks and find yourself having trouble explaining to family and friends what exactly the company you work for does. Deep fulfillment in your tasks will probably also be elusive, if you're looking for that sort of thing in a job.

All this being said, ICON is definitely worth a look if you're an industry player or just looking for a steady paycheck earned within normal working hours. It's full of friendly professionals who will help you succeed, if this is the sort of thing you want to succeed in. With an open mind and a positive attitude, ICON definitely has potential to be the answer to your job search.
An unexpected pleasure . . .
Manager, Merchandise Services (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 21, 2017
Enjoyed working with clients on a daily basis in creative and
mutually satisfying ways. Excellent customer service was and is my # 1 priority. Every day was a surprise as I never knew what requests I would receive from clients.
Pros
Unexpected 1/2 days, family atmosphere, wonderful outings
Cons
Cannot think of anything negative . . .
Great Company, Great Benefits, Great Experinces
Senior Broadcast Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Icon, it was a very rewarding experience. I gathered a lot of experience working with different markets and was able to be part of a large diversified team of professionals
Pros
Great Benefits, pay structure
Cons
Very hectic work pace, Constantly changing media plans
Lots of young people, lots of turnaround
Broadcast Service Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 4, 2017
It was a good place to work, really fun atmosphere, but there's a lot of turnaround. The job was easy enough, with lots of slow points but then would ramp up. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
lots of deals with client companies, lots of lunch deals, etc.
Cons
turnaround is high. expect to be let go after 3 months.
National Broadcast Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 26, 2017
National Broadcast is a great first job out of college, but realistically, there is very little room for growth. You do a lot of work for minimal compensation. Management varies but a lot of the management has a "I'm still in college mindset/attitude"
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10018March 12, 2017
Great work and learning experience. Was continually challenged in all areas of accounting field. Also, had great exposure to setup and implementation of new accounting software.
Great Barter Company
National Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 8, 2017
I learned a great deal of the inner workings of Barter and Media over my 6 plus years of working at Icon International. The company was dedicated to working with clients to offer solutions.
Work Hard Play Hard Environment
VP (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 26, 2017
Icon is a great place to work with a good opportunity for advancement. If you are willing to give them all that you got you will be rewarded. Also a good work life balance
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Great people
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Working at ICON is not hard, and easy to get out of bed and go to work. The management is great as well as all the people in general.
Pros
20% off lunch at cafe
Cons
Traffic
Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 6, 2017
1) Typical day- data entry and interacting with networks

2) you learn the internal system, how to negotiate buys between client and network,

3) most of management is very open, understanding, and willing to pull you forward if you show interest

4) co-workers are nice for the most part, but there are cliques, and bad apples. (like any place of business)

5) the hardest part of the job is "you" (If you don't like corporate work or data entry, DON'T come here)

6) the most enjoyable- the people co-workers, executives, clients, and most of the network reps.
Pros
getting to leave early sometimes
Cons
the pay
Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2016
They DO NOT know what they are doing there. They don't listen tot heir employees and expect way too much with little to no training.
Benefits
Cons
Great work environment, but tedious
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 4, 2016
A lot of tedious administrative work. I personally enjoy the environment, and great people. Training provided for each position.
Fun and nice work enviroment
Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Fun and nice work environment. Great work culture.

Great place to learn if you are just starting out in the industry.

Could have more room for growth
So So
Sales Department (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 31, 2015
Good place to work if you're looking to stay there. After a year or two you stop learning. If you want to continue learning this isn't necessarily the place for you.
Nice Company
Accounts Payable Intern & Billing Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 17, 2013
Nice place to work, relaxing environment, great benefits and company outings.
Chop shop
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 29, 2013
I've read some of the prior post. Obvious internal hr work.
This place at least on the sales side is a joke. Reward the suck-up's and fire everyone else is the culture. They do lure you with a high base but buyer beware, this one has rust all over.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Lying, politics, backstabbing
Fast paced media company- alot of overturn
National Broadcast Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 24, 2013
• Worked with clients to broadcast their commercials via television or radio targeting specific demographics.
• Efficiently managed project statuses for multiple accounts in a timely fashion.
• Corresponded with television networks as well as clients to ensure both parties are reaching desired goals.
• Performed data entry including projects, flow charts and reports and tracking.
• Prepared post analysis reports for clients at the end of each quarter showing how their buy delivered.
• Organized billing discrepancies between finance and merchants.
One of the most interesting companies you may never have heard of!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 8, 2013
Not many people have heard of the corporate barter industry. I certainly had not. I had been a client of the company and thought both the business model and the team I dealt with were first rate.

ICON's business model allows us to work with some of the biggest and best companies in America. In the sales department we have the pleasure of meeting with CEO's, CFO's and other C level execs to disuss a business model where all parties can win. Whereas in many companies you talk to the same people about the same problems, at ICON nearly every day can involve a new customer in a completely new industry which is great for personal growth.

The company, despite its size, is very entrepreneurial and your performance is directly rewarded. You are given the flexibility and freedom to manage your business without being overly stifled.

I would definitely recommend this for a sales oriented executive looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Pros
Financial strong company, great business model, flexibility/freedom to manage your business
Cons
Lots of travel (as with any sales position)
Fun workplace
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 14, 2013
I enjoyed my job and the people. The environment was friendly. I developed my skills while at my previous job but however being working long time I felt I was not able to reach my full potential because there was no room for advancement
I appreciate the skills I developed while with the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was performing my P&L analysis with detail and on time especially during closing deadlines.
Pros
good benefits - 401 k, healthcare medical, dental & family
Cons
the company does not offer tuition reimbursement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Icon International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8