Icon plc Employee Reviews

Innovative and goal oriented.
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAAugust 3, 2016
Overall ICON was a great place to work. They are one of the leaders in clinical research, and are very goal driven. They have a very fast paced goal for document management, including cutting down processing times by half. Its very demanding and competitive.
Pros
results based
Cons
limited job growth
Very Disappointed with ICON
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 2, 2016
This is not the quality organization that I was expecting. Training is non-existent and resources just are not available to run a study.
N/a
Clinical Trials Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAApril 1, 2016
My typical day at work is assisting Project Managers and Clinical Trial Managers. I have learned a great deal int the 8 years I have been with the company, from how to do the incoming mail and shipment to updating our CTMS. I love my co-workers. ICON has a lot of employees so you get to meet a lot of different people, which is an added perk to the job. The hardest part about my job is doing meeting minutes! The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things that expand my experience.
Pros
PTO
ICON puts profits over people
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2016
ICON Clinical Research is led by an accountant that puts profits over people. Morale is on the decline as he keeps on cutting budgets while asking his employees to do more and more with less and less.
Great people, poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Staff very collaborative and friendly. Management micromanaged and very critical. Money minded approached. Over work the salaried staff and not hire additional staff to save money. No incentives to work harder or longer.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Management.
A great place to work...
DOCS Contractor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 11, 2016
A truly great place to work, they have worked very hard to ensure that each individual has the tools they need to do their job function efficiently. Have a huge amount of training for upcoming managers.
Lack of support from management
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
Lack of support from management, has a negative reflection of the company. I would not recommend for those who are interested in furthering their career path.
Independent work
Associate Translation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 15, 2015
Very structured with SOPs for every necessary task in order to maintain compliance. Supportive management but disconnected Director.
Opinion of ICON
Programmer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2015
There are pluses and minuses working at ICON, just as with any employer. On the one hand, the work-life balance and management team at ICON are both very good but, on the other, the opportunities for advancement seem to be limited. That said, my overall takeaway working here is that it's competently run and that it has provided me with a generally enjoyable and rewarding professional experience.
Pros
Work-life balance, management
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
No Job Security
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale NYSeptember 19, 2015
If you are looking for job security, this is not the place. They have a core of individuals that they never lay off--particularly those that do not have college degrees--because they will do anything as they could not go elsewhere with those titles without a degree. If you think getting a degree will improve your chances at this company, it won't because you won't be paid for the knowledge you gain from going to graduate school and gaining a fund of knowledge. Some of them tell you they have a degree, but when it comes down to it they may have attended the college, but never graduated!!!

Some employees that have been there for a very long time are very knowledgeable and work very hard; they should get a degree and move up the ladder with a pharmaceutical company, or other research laboratory.
Pros
Premises are very clean and it is a friendly place to work.
Cons
No advancement, they do not appreciate employees who are above average, and they do not invest in their employees who are their biggest asset.
Pleasant atmosphere where you can develop your skillset
Document Management Associate II (Current Employee) –  212 Church Rd, North Wales, PA 19454August 18, 2015
I index 60 time-sensitive documents a day. I mainly interact with the staff in my department. I've learned a vast amount of information from my mentors. The managers are helpful, but often bogged down with work and meeting company deadlines. The most challenging part of the job is completing work that should already be done by the document submitters. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the goals that has been set forth by the client.
Pros
Excellent work culture, wealth of information
Cons
Limited upward mobility, creative ideas
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2015
Nice relaxed environment, relaxed atmosphere, high security, friendly staff, good management, easy access to leave and enter parking area
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
down time
Excellent Place to work!!
In House CRA (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJuly 6, 2015
Would highly recommend anyone who works in clinical research. I came from the site side of research and transitioning was very easy because ICON gives you all the tools you need to effectively do your job.
Non-Management are a good group
Annon. (Current Employee) –  PAJune 16, 2015
Once people reach management the lack of support is not the greatest. People become us vs them mentality. Lack of support when needed. Over worked and under appreciated.
Pros
The people
Great Company
Regional HR Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 8, 2015
ICON is a really great company to work for. They are moving to bigger and better things in the very near future. As they grow, I have a potential to continue to grow.
work-life balance, Good for getting experience & than move on
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  FarmingdaleJune 6, 2015
ICL, Farmingdale ( June, 2015) ...New management is Horrible. Good People are leaving & Work is slow. If they hire than ready to leave/ lay off any time.People do not want to work certain department in Lab area. Do not leave the Job for ICL because It is worst here. ICL is not growing, not good pay, no Job Safety, no career advancement, Low Pay so students are always welcomes. In certain Department, Due to politics manager/ supervisor gives verbal & written warnings to let you go from Job.
Pros
Nice Culture
Cons
ICL Not growing, not good pay, no Job Safety, no career advancement, Low Pay
Productive place to work.
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 7, 2015
The company is high on quality work. They meet deliverables and train their staff well on the most up to date processes and programs. The atmosphere is light and easy-going but with great attention to doing the job right and finding ways to improve work performance.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Cons
Not enough counter space in cafeteria.
Great First Job
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMay 6, 2015
ICON Clinical Research was a great company to work for. I enjoyed developing strong relationships with my coworkers and clients.
Management needs improvement
Validation Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TXApril 30, 2015
The company still follow the old paper documentation rather than going for all electronics and because of that it is very hard work to document all the test results, objective evidence and progress. It is too much micro management. Other departments are nice to work with. People are very friendly.
Pros
Fun company events
Cons
no personal growth, benefits are not that good.
lack of managment support
Investigator Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 13, 2015
Management is usually work from home so its hard to get the training and support. Great experience but no structure. Lack of training within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Icon plc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9