ICON plc Employee Reviews

lack of managment support
Investigator Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 13, 2015
Management is usually work from home so its hard to get the training and support. Great experience but no structure. Lack of training within the company.
Flexible and family like environment
Accounts Payable Clerk/Auditor (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 13, 2012
Very good organization for job as they offer excellent other job benefits. They are employee focused.
Pros
they provide lots of free items like jacket, t-shirt, coffee mug etc. every year.
Cons
vacation, health insurance, flex. spending money & other perks are good, too.
Productive and Fun place to work at. Great benefits and great job advancement.
Project Specialist/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 12, 2014
My typical day at work at ICON was wonderful. I would assist my director and project managers all day with there project dead lines, submit their vox file/language request for their project research studies. I would use the computer most of the day. Using outlook email and submitted emails with important deadlines through a third party portal sight. I would have to communicate with the third party portal sight a lot via phone. I would also book travel arrangements, set up conference calls, Gate meetings, order lunch for the meetings ect. I would do some filing, light scanning, mail, fax and file and most administrative duties as well. I loved the position I had there.
Great place to work...
Investigator Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAOctober 1, 2013
ICON is a great place to work. The moral of the offices are wonderful. The only thing that was tough was the amount of work that the employees had to take on. It was very overwhelming at times.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
compensation
Great place to work.
Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 29, 2014
Typical day included preparing, handling, distributing, and filing clinical documentation of the trial; handling and providing clinical trial supplies to the study team and investigative sites; accurately tracking and maintaining the clinical systems of the trial as well as the recording of meeting minutes.

Clinical trials are a great benefit to Patients who have trouble affording the drugs or treatment they need. Some patients have no alternatives for treatment and permanent debilitation or death are imminent. In such cases, participation in a clinical trial may give them hope or possibilities that do not exist otherwise.
Jr. Network Administrator
Clinical Research IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2014
More than 10 years’ experience installing, configuring, and administering networks, infrastructure, and security solutions.
Technically astute and forward-thinking professional adept at evaluating, selecting, and implementing robust hardware, software, and equipment to support high-capacity networks. Offer exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to maintain system availability, eliminate errors, and support user needs. Articulate communicator able to interact with technical and non-technical individuals, including vendors, clients, end-users, and managers.
Great Company
Regional HR Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 8, 2015
ICON is a really great company to work for. They are moving to bigger and better things in the very near future. As they grow, I have a potential to continue to grow.
Cannot present review. Position was a contract position, time was too short for further evaluation
Document Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJuly 11, 2014
Management appear to be well trained and dedicated to project. Training procedures were also well organized.
Great place to work at.
Clinical Trial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CTJanuary 26, 2014
It was a pleasure for me to work at ICON. Co-workers were always supportive and management eas extremely understanding and always available.
Icon
Study Start up Associate II (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PennsylvnaiAugust 4, 2014
pro: Great benefits, enjoyable work environment, flexible hours, compressed work weeks

cons: Lot of work without employee appreciation. Unable to work from home
Productive place to work.
Clinical Data Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 7, 2015
The company is high on quality work. They meet deliverables and train their staff well on the most up to date processes and programs. The atmosphere is light and easy-going but with great attention to doing the job right and finding ways to improve work performance.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Cons
Not enough counter space in cafeteria.
Excellent Place to work!!
In House CRA (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJuly 6, 2015
Would highly recommend anyone who works in clinical research. I came from the site side of research and transitioning was very easy because ICON gives you all the tools you need to effectively do your job.
Great place to work - people place
Clinical Studies Associate (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PADecember 12, 2014
I spoke with study sites to obtain regulatory documents for their participation in a clinical trial. Made sure documents were current and correct. Helped sites get approval from their local IRB's by reviewing informed consents. Made sure all documents were accounted for approval to ship study drug.
Pros
Cons
Not enough training
Great people working in a challenging environment
Executive Assistant - Strategic Development (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2014
ICON was a job I had never really considered until I was called by their recruiter. The CRO world runs at a pace I had never imagined, and truly thoroughly enjoyed. Many will tell you - ICON is about great people - and it is!!! While any global company has its challenges, one thing that really stood out is that everyone - everywhere in the world - met those challenges in a team oriented fashion which resulted in a great deal of satisfaction as an employee. My boss was dedicated and worked harder than just about anyone and it motivated me to stay 'in it to win it!' The hardest part of the job wasn't really hard - it was just never ending. With a global organization - I could pick up the computer or phone and someone somewhere in the world was actively working on a project that touched me - and so I could work unending. But ironically, there is a sense of fidelity that grows and encourages 4am meetings so you can include people from Germany and China, etc.
Pros
Strong and busy environment with breadth of client base that keeps the easily bored very challenged.
Cons
Ever changing teammates and projects with multiple contact points around the globe, It's fast and keeping up is a challenge, but once you get it, its gotten
Absolutely the best place I have ever worked - Employees were valued.
Project Analyst II (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAApril 17, 2012
ICON has a team oriented environment with a focus on delivering the very best, every time to their sponsors. Quality comes first.
Pros
flexibility, great mentors, out of the box thinking, drove efficiencies at all levels.
Cons
revenue stream driven by contracts awarded, multiple lay-off periods during recession.
Good teams and valuable work experience.
CRA Manager (Former Employee) –  RegionalJanuary 14, 2013
I learned alot during my time at ICON.
I learned the basics of monitoring clinical trials, managing sites and teams and the improtance of team work.
My co-workers were great and most of the teams and managers I worked with were very supportive.
You must by young and fit in- not retiring from here
Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJuly 4, 2011
This is a newer company that does not focus on the longevity of an employee for retirement. They have no plans on retiring employees, they would rather seem them leave first. They are always buying companies to meld those new employees into that companies value system.
Company was not very team oriented -- Working hours 8-5 roughly -- sat at my desk and launched projects -- not an ideal job for the outgoing team ori
Client Manager/Assistant Translation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 17, 2014
launched and delivered project -- hardest part of the job was no interaction
Great First Job
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAMay 6, 2015
ICON Clinical Research was a great company to work for. I enjoyed developing strong relationships with my coworkers and clients.
Good company to work for with opportunities for advancement.
Assoc Dir Global Operations, IT (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAAugust 5, 2014
ICON is a fast growing Global company who continually restructures to find the best utilization of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICON plc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9