iCrossing Employee Reviews

Great office location, very friendly working environment
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT INTERN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
As an intern I've felt extremely welcomed. Whilst there is not much to do when you first arrive, people quickly get to know you and your capabilities, and then you are given a good amount of responsibility. Always invited to sit in on meetings, and employees are always introducing themselves to me.
going through changes
Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
I got to work with some very smart people here but most of them left by now. The new leadership team is aggressive but havent seen much improvement/growth yet. Too many politics, work/life balance can be good or bad depending on what team you are on - some teams are severely understaffed and nobody cares.
Terrible Culture; Great place to Learn Search
Strategy Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
Overall I did not like working there.

1. A few very rude senior managers/VPs that controlled major accounts. Big egos, which meant if they did not like you for whatever reason, pack your bags.

2. Lots of politics and inter departmental warfare. I have never seen so much dysfunction in my life.

3. Poor reward system. These folks are specialists in demoralizing teams/people.

4. Unfriendly and very cliquey. Very high schoolish.

5. Management does not care about employees: only the bottom line. They have had multiple layoffs in a short span of time (3 years). They do not care about you. You working over holidays, late nights, doing good work all means nothing if you're not playing "the game" and are not in the right political circles. They do not care if you have a family, they will get rid of you and laugh/gossip about you as you leave their offices. Personal experience.

iCrossing is great if you are a junior level person looking to get experience in Search. If you are mid to senior level, I would not recommend them as your job is not guaranteed.
Pros
Nice office location in NY. Great place to learn Search.
Cons
Dysfunctional. Poor leadership. Demoralizing culture.
relaxed environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
The work environment was great as was the job culture and people however there was limited work for me to do. On a typical day I'd work review Bermuda Tourism website for bugs and maintenance issues and make notations on improvements or adds-on in comparison to similar jurisdictions.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
limited productivity
Sub par agency
VP/Strategy & Planning (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 4, 2015
If you are a beginner, great place to start your career. If you are in mid to senior level management, don't bother joining this company
Pros
Great building
Cons
Poor leadership
This was 10 years ago
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2015
It isn't really fair for me to grade the old iCrossing vs the new iCrossing - when I was hired, the name was actually International Crossing and it felt like a sales oriented startup vs the thriving digital agency that it is today.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
ceo
Productive and fun place with ping pong table
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2014
I reach office at 8:00 AM, check emails, drink coffee, plan for the day and knock off small tasks before daily scrum at 9:00 AM. After scrum get back to work. Take a break for lunch at noon and then continue working till 5:00 PM.
The most important thing I learnt is to manage your work so that you deliver well. I like to make a to do list so that I capture all pieces of work and can estimate accordingly. I like to design(roughly) how I plan to implement.
My co-workers are fun and we work collaboratively. We respect each others suggestion/opinion and take collective decisions.
The hardest part is that we need more interesting projects.
Pros
Good work culture, ping pong table, small kitchen
Cons
Need more projects
Icrossing is a great place to work in search
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2013
Cutting edge of industry for search led by a team of very intelligent people.
Agency in transition
Art Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2013
iCrossing is an interesting agency as they have been a leading search agency that was bought by Hearst and is in the midst of transitioning into a full service agency.

It's been an interesting learning experience and becoming more familiar with search has opened my eyes to a lot of creative possibilities.

Because there are a lot of growing pains, the various groups (strategy, social, account, creative) don't really have a strong process in working together which creates a lot of unnecessary complications.

I've enjoyed that my role has been very heavily design focused. Also, working in a smaller group, my role included UX and production as well, which I feel has made me a more well-rounded art director.
Pros
start-up mentality with Hearst invested, benefits, vacation time, flexible management
Cons
no creative culture, poor leadership, lack of interesting clients, no appreciation
Productive and fun place to work
Search Engine Optimization Strategist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2012
Nothing is more resourceful and inspiring than having a strong team of gifted individuals. iCrossing has some of the most talented people around.
great comapny to work for
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicgao, ILJune 12, 2012
Intresting work in digital media.
Works in latest technology
Provided good insight in internet marketing
Pros
active lifestyle
Cons
team with limited work expriance