ICU

ICU Employee Reviews

Requires a lot of patience.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
This job requires a lot of patience and compassion. You have to be able to interact with a diverse group of people. It requires a strong minded person with a gentle heart.
Tenet do not value their employees and their is no job security. Working for tenet you be keep a Union to help secure your jobs.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2015
Sometimes getting to work at 5:30 a.m. to accommodate patients you worked straight through until 5:00 p.m. without a break or lunch. We worked short numerous days and co-workers often talked of not getting the support from administration.
RN for Partial Hospital Program and Geriatric Psych
RNC, Geriatric Psych (Former Employee), Zachary, LAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Easy hours, poor pay
I loved both of these jobs as they allowed me flexibility with my schedule. I enjoyed psych patients and received my psych certification while working in Geri Psych.
Nurse Extern
Nurse Extern (Current Employee), South Charleston, WVMay 18, 2015
Daily patient care, cleaning, assisting with bathing, and mobility
Heart Monitor reading
Receptionist
Assisting the Nurses
Excellent
RN (Current Employee), Aurora HartfordMay 5, 2015
I love working in ICU. The ICU at Hartford is a small community, lower acuity type patients. I am seeking a large hospital for a broader experience.
It is a rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Detroit,MiApril 29, 2015
My tipical day is every time ready to accept people with an open mind and be able to help them while they entrust their lives on you.
was a typical hospital setting with outdated equipment to use and limited supplies
ICU/MedSurg Nurse (Former Employee), CRMC in Aransas Pass TxMarch 20, 2015
Pros: had online education for obtaining ceus, bls, acls, and pals classes offered to employees
Cons: no raises, no praise, high deductable health insurance
Worked with patient loads of 4-8 patients and more at times. The nursing supervisor I worked with was very helpful when needed while the other supervisors were not. Some co-workers worked as a team while a few only did for them selves and looked for faults in others. No raises were ever given to anyone at anytime. you were informed of any wrong you did but was not praised for exception or good work. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the patients.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIMarch 16, 2015
Overall this company is rated 4 stars; co workers are team oriented, they were friendly, dependable, caring, and very knowledgeable.
Great learning opportunities at each location
Supplemental Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
My tenure at these facilities allowed me to gain the experience and exposure to a variety of clinical situations in which my knowledge base was expanded.
Shift
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 14, 2015
While I was able to utilize my skills as they grew, it was hard to get any feedback unless it was negative. Management was only aware of when things went wrong, not how we worked on the ovenight. That was hard and also being able to met and discuss things with management when things were calm. My co workers and patients were the best.
ICU RN
ICU/CCU RN, EMH Regional Medical Center (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMarch 5, 2015
Provide care to surgical patient types and post-operative cardiothoracic patients immediately recovering from surgery requiring specialized care.
Good experience
Registered Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee), californiaFebruary 3, 2015
Good building blocks to learn and gain experience. Was there a long time . Would work there again if I had the chance too. large hospital with lots of teaching support available
My first job at BHCC ICU staff nurse.
Staff Nurse and Manager (Former Employee), Lakeway Regional HospitalJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent co-worker, positive patient outcomes
Cons: occasionally no lunch but thats understandable.
Staff Nurse at Baptist Hospital Cocke County: 12 hour shifts with total patient care. Assessment, communication with physician and multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcome. Physician orders implemented in a timely manner. Patient advocate top priority. Excellent report to next shift for continuity of care. I also learned to anticipate patient needs according to diagnosis and changes in patient status. Staff worked as a team because in ICU you have to trust and work as a team because patient status can change in a matter of seconds/minutes. The hardest part of this job was dealing with death and dying and family needs. Most enjoyable part of this job was positive patient outcomes and smiles on my patients at end of my shift. Patient care and outcomes most important.
Fast paced and rewarding position with an amazingly supportive unit director
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elmira, NYJanuary 16, 2015
This is a wonderful unit to work for. Every single day provides new learning opportunities and a chance to develop and improve upon critical nursing skills. Every day is also a challenge when managing up to 3 critical care patients as well as provide emotional support to their families that are able to visit around the clock. I enjoy the privilege of working closely with such highly intelligent people like my fellow nurses with all levels of experience and knowledge as well as the Physicians and Residents who are always willing to teach and answer my never ending questions. The Unit Director of this unit is highly supportive of her staff and always is available to help out or intervene on behalf of her staff.
Great experience
RN, BSN (Current Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 17, 2014
Working in the ICU has taught me a great deal about nursing. I have gained experience in critical thinking and time management. My co-workers are generally very helpful and I can always come to them with questions or advice about a patient. The hardest part about the job is taking it home with you. It's impossible to forget a patient that died that day or a family member who is struggling with the reality of their sick loved one. I enjoy my job because I truly feel the greatest pay I can receive is the feeling when I go home and know that I have truly made a difference in someone's life that day. The management at my current job could be improved. Taking time off is a huge struggle and the turn-over rate is very high.
Great job
Unit Coordinator/PCT, Physicians Regional (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 16, 2014
• Provided nursing care in accordance with resident care policies and procedures.
• Ensured the safety and well being of the residents is maintained.
• Assisted residents with bathing, dressing, hygiene, and grooming in accordance with established care plan.
• Given enemas to patient when needed.
• Measured and recorded patient's fluid intake and output.
• Managed supply inventory and supply requisitions.
• Provided medication reminders.
• Provided patient transportation to doctor appointments.
Travel nurse worked in several different facilities
Travel Nurse (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2014
Travel RN worked in several different facilities
All duties requires of ICU RN
Learned to multitask quickly in a new environment
Worked with several different computer programs
Enjoyed working as a travel RN
Great experience in critical care nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), EnidNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: sometimes overwhelming if short staffed
I worked 12 hour night shifts in the ICU from 7 pm to 7 am. I typically worked with the same group of staff each shift, but varied from week to week. Nurse to patient ratio was 2 nurses to 1 patient, typically. I managed care for critically ill patients including patient's on numerous drips, ventilators, and various drains/tubes. The hardest part of the job was taking care of a patient who was close to a code blue or taking care of another patient when taking care of a patient with a code blue. The best part of the job was the experience I gained in critical care. The best job I have ever had!
Great place to work.
RN (Former Employee), AKa kgan university hospitalNovember 20, 2014
I really enjoyed work at ICU, it was one of my favorite places to work, everybody was very supporting.I recommend every RN to have experience of ICU at least once in their job life.
Nursing Student Experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAOctober 29, 2014
Great opportunities provided for learning and the staff welcomed the students and allowed us to work directly with the patients.

1 2 3 4