ICU Employee Reviews

Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Love working in icu.
Love the families.
And pt care.
Get along with co-workers.
I work with ventilators
Did procedures with the dr.
Taking care of the families.
I enjoy the patient care.
Pros
NURSING WEEK
Cons
UNABEL TO EAT LUNCH
great leadership experience
Charge Nurse/Rapid Response Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2015
Great leadership experience in the ICU, started out as a ICU 1:2 pt ratio, CEU's offered annually, keep current with education, advanced to charge nurse, rapid response nurse.
Pros
great experience, room for growth
Cons
float, use sick time if low census
TYPICAL DAY
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 11, 2015
IT IS A VERY NICE TO WORK WITH THE CRMC FRESNO. GREAT MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISORS. JOB BALANCE IS GOOD, AND ALL COWORKERS HELP EVERYONE VERY GREAT. IT IS FULL OF RESPECT. BUT THE INCOME IS NOT ENOUGH COMPARE TO THE WORK. YOU HAVE TO WORK MORE THAN 10 DAYS TO BE QUALIFIED FOR OVER TIME.
Pros
GREAT MANAGEMENT, VERY FRIENDLY, IT IS LIKE YOUR HOME AND YOUR FAMILY
Cons
LOW INCOME, IF YOU WORK 11 DAY IN TWO WEEKS YOU CAN HAVE OVER TIME.
High Stress, not enough staff for high acuity unit, high turnover
Rn-patient advocate for quality of care (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 27, 2015
short staffed, rarely had PCT to assist with heavy patients. Very little education for staff. C.E.O. and C.N.O. unrealistic about expectations of staff.
Would not recommend.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
short staffed, no breaks
Great Job
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville,KySeptember 25, 2015
Friendly, great work environment. Managers all work well as a team. My direct supervisor is excellent and helps leaders under her grow.
ICU/CCU nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 17, 2015
Typical day included taking an accurate report on patient situation and events that transpired during the day related to patients progress on current treatments. Reviewing all medical orders was a must prior to carrying out any orders a must to avoid any potential mistakes. Good patient assessment and documentation essential from beginning of your shift and of all events that transpired during shift to avoid any potential liabilities. Learning how to record accurately in this setting was essential. Learning hemodynamics and how to manage the many different life saving or life maintaining equipment in this setting was interesting and exciting to me. During my time here I learned how to comfort families and patients alike in an environment where loved ones were connected to so many tubes and machines. The most satisfying part of this job experience was learning and becoming competent in managing this equipment but was nothing to the joy experienced when seeing a patient you have cared for at the brink of death get up and walk out of the unit.
Pros
great learning experiences, challenging work enviroment
Cons
sad difficult situations, death, shift work
great opportunity
supplemental staff (Former Employee) –  mdSeptember 16, 2015
I had great opportunity in working different hospitals with the company,however some hospitals were so short staffed that was difficult to perform at your best at times.The travel was hard at times,but overral great exposure
Pros
helping acute patients
Cons
short staff
Very rewarding experience
Senior critical care nurse. (Former Employee) –  Grady hospital, Atlanta, GaAugust 23, 2015
I loved the experience I got as an ICU nurse coming from no 1 trauma hospital. The work culture, and continuous education was very impressive.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
As critical nursing, the job was very tedious.
critical care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2015
third deployment to Iraq. was able to serve as shift leader of a deployment ICU caring for battle-injured servicemen and women
Pros
leadership
Cons
away from home
Enjoyed working with the patients and staff
ICU unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Lebanon MOAugust 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part was the staff. The hardest part was on a very busy day making sure you prioratize the most critical to least and not putting the least off at the same time. Management had an open door policy and would give you updates to where they could be reach at any time. I learn that you need to have confidence in yourself as well as dont be afraid to ask for help that working as a team is just that we where all responsable for the patients. There was know tipical day every day was filled with different challeges and patients.
Pros
busy day someone would go to the gift shop for chocolate
Cons
When you see you have time to eat and they have pulled the hot food.

Want to know more about ICU?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work included clerical duties, Excel worksheets, greeting patients' families, and helping on the unit as needed. I learned how to multitask well and to work under stressful conditions. Management was fair, I found they did a nice job but not understanding of needed time off. My coworkers were fair as well, they were kind and helped me from time to time. The hardest part of the job was helping around the unit during a code. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy with clerical duties because it made the day go fast.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Small ICU unit with excellent staff.
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  New OrleansJuly 11, 2015
Small ICU unit with a diversity of patients.
Fellow nurses were team players.
There were many vent patients which allowed for my knowledge to grow in this aspect of my practice.
Pros
Technology and fellow nurses.
Cons
rotating schedules
Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJuly 5, 2015
I have excellent co-workers, but management is very poor. Expected to follow policies and procedures when management does not follow them.
Requires a lot of patience.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
This job requires a lot of patience and compassion. You have to be able to interact with a diverse group of people. It requires a strong minded person with a gentle heart.
Tenet do not value their employees and their is no job security. Working for tenet you be keep a Union to help secure your jobs.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2015
Sometimes getting to work at 5:30 a.m. to accommodate patients you worked straight through until 5:00 p.m. without a break or lunch. We worked short numerous days and co-workers often talked of not getting the support from administration.
RN for Partial Hospital Program and Geriatric Psych
RNC, Geriatric Psych (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJune 9, 2015
I loved both of these jobs as they allowed me flexibility with my schedule. I enjoyed psych patients and received my psych certification while working in Geri Psych.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Easy hours, poor pay
Nurse Extern
Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVMay 18, 2015
Daily patient care, cleaning, assisting with bathing, and mobility
Heart Monitor reading
Receptionist
Assisting the Nurses
Excellent
RN (Current Employee) –  Aurora HartfordMay 5, 2015
I love working in ICU. The ICU at Hartford is a small community, lower acuity type patients. I am seeking a large hospital for a broader experience.
It is a rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit,MiApril 29, 2015
My tipical day is every time ready to accept people with an open mind and be able to help them while they entrust their lives on you.
was a typical hospital setting with outdated equipment to use and limited supplies
ICU/MedSurg Nurse (Former Employee) –  CRMC in Aransas Pass TxMarch 20, 2015
Worked with patient loads of 4-8 patients and more at times. The nursing supervisor I worked with was very helpful when needed while the other supervisors were not. Some co-workers worked as a team while a few only did for them selves and looked for faults in others. No raises were ever given to anyone at anytime. you were informed of any wrong you did but was not praised for exception or good work. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the patients.
Pros
had online education for obtaining ceus, bls, acls, and pals classes offered to employees
Cons
no raises, no praise, high deductable health insurance

4.2