ICU Employee Reviews

Productive and Creatively Enlightening Workplace
Principal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
The ICU was a collaborative group of creative persons focused on digital media and content development. A typical day was focused on finding genuine and relevant stories that were worthy of a larger visual detail and creation via planning, video recording and editing. Editing was a 24/7 initiative which involved shifts, late nights and constant turnover.

As the founder of the company, one of the many things I learned was how to best work with undeveloped talent and managing the most conducive process to harness that talent into an experienced creator able to either master a skill or how to take a production from A to Z as a one person army. I focused on developing "preditors" - creatives who were skilled at production, direction and editing and could play any part of a creative process.

The hardest part of the job was always making our passion out pace any lack of resources or budgetary limitations. We wanted to create the best work for the client and the company portfolio without being confined to mundane limitations or hurdles.

The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a great piece of content that not only pleased our clients but that also taught us new solutions, encouraged new techniques and was widely recieved by others.
Pros
Constant education and creative enlightenment
Cons
No 401K
Nurturing and suportive education experience
Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Atlanta Medical Center ICU
Practical experience in a Level 1 Trauma Hospital ICU
Rotated between all four Critical Care Units including the Surgical, Cardiac, Vascular,
and Neuro Intensive Care Unit
Familiar with support of critical care patients including assessment, counseling,
education regarding medications and treatment, lab work, documentation with care plan for diagnosis, and administration of treatment procedure.
family enviroment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 1, 2016
I enjoy working here.
Excellent team work
competent manager.
great benefits.
flexible schedule.
great learning enviroment
ICU is the place for me!
Staff RN, Tenet Healthcare, Critical Care (CA) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 25, 2016
I absolutely love and am passionate about working in ICU.

A typical day in ICU may include monitoring a ventilated client, starting IVs, and assisting in a "Code Blue" situation, to say the least.

I have learned countless skills and am better able to utilize my attention to detail, history in teaching, and strong critical thinking.

A good manager brings out the best in his/her staff.

ICU has an understood culture that we automatically assist each other, especially if a client's condition is declining.

The hardest part of ICU is seeing families so broken hearted about the loss of their loved ones.

I enjoy the complexity of ICU client care, decision making, collaborating with surgeons and intensivists, assisting with bedside procedures, and using my natural talent and training to provide the best client outcomes possible.
Pros
Constantly learning and growing!
Cons
Clients sometimes are so ill that they pass away.
Opinion
ICU Post Term Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 21, 2017
I believe a good day at work will allow you to not only make progress individually but also collectively for your team. I feel that the workplace culture needs to be one that you believe in so that you are producing positive vibes that attracts good energy
Excellent team building unit
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TX 79072November 10, 2016
I absolutely loved working in the ICU. The staff all strived to work together for the best patient outcome. I always had staff members and would assist with changing patient position, bed baths, and trouble shooting with feeding tubes and ET tubes. The most difficult part of this job was counseling with family as they prepared to looser their loved ones life. The most enjoyable was celebrating huge milestones as patients improved daily and were able to go home.
Pros
death
Cons
complete recovery of patients not expected to survive.
Fantastic place to work!
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 29, 2016
The ICU at St. Mary's Jefferson City, and the entire hospital is a fantastic place to work. The hospital is absolutely gorgeous, as are the people working there. The culture is so inviting and friendly, everyone there is kind. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Very nice staff, great insurance, gorgeous hospital
Things may have changed in last 20 years
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WV 26651December 7, 2016
worked in busy icu as new grad. co- workers were friendly but had little time to help. management friendly but leaned hard on employees. I believe facility was strugglling at this time but have heard better things since
Pros
nice people
Cons
low workplace morale
Excellent teaching hospital
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2016
Hahnemann was a very good place to work; especially if you wanted a career in nursing. Extremely diverse environment and many learning opportunities available through online courses and even on the unit.
CCU/Telemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work because of the staff, which are usually very supportive of each other. If one is has a good control of time management, it is a very rewarding experence
good place to work
ICU - staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 25, 2017
Co-workers are awesome, management leaves something to be desired however.
Hardest part of the job, is the never ending demands placed on staff by management.
Awesome
Medical Manager/ Lead RVT (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 22, 2016
Love it. Best job i ever had. I learned a lot there and was also able to teach others what i had learned. Great place to start a career as a veterinary technician.
Criticare staffing agency
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for this local staffing agency, but most of the jobs were in Dallas and Frisco area. I am in FW. I began working at Baylor which was closer to my house.
stressful envirnoment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2017
high stress i worked nights, there was little training and just coming out of nursing school made it difficult. it was very clickish, hard to find people to help you
Great Learning Envirnment
Veterinary Technician II (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 12, 2017
The Kansas State Veterinary Hospital provides a wonderful learning atmosphere for not only the veterinary students but also its employees. The education I received was priceless.
Going down fast
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 20, 2017
Morale and security dropping fast. Used to be the best work environment of all area hospitals. Trust was not a problem . great work environment. Loved it then.
Pros
Some of the employees
Cons
No honesty or trust
Florida Hospital RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Really enjoyed working there, team work is awesome, cons would be that our unit was not properly staffed. Love working here
Pros
great co workers
Cons
UNDER STAFFED
productive workplace
CCU Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ 07094December 4, 2016
Great place to work had a great experience with the customers and the owners of the company as well. I really learned alot from my experience at this company it was a great experience.
Good work environment
ICU Director to Operating Room Circulator (Current Employee) –  Blairsville, GAOctober 29, 2016
A varied offering of surgical specialties and growing to meet the needs of the community. Small community clients. Caring atmosphere. Close work family. Clean hospital.
Pros
Flexible time-off schedule for vacations
Cons
Lazy co-workers
was a typical hospital setting with outdated equipment to use and limited supplies
ICU/MedSurg Nurse (Former Employee) –  CRMC in Aransas Pass TxMarch 20, 2015
Worked with patient loads of 4-8 patients and more at times. The nursing supervisor I worked with was very helpful when needed while the other supervisors were not. Some co-workers worked as a team while a few only did for them selves and looked for faults in others. No raises were ever given to anyone at anytime. you were informed of any wrong you did but was not praised for exception or good work. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the patients.
Pros
had online education for obtaining ceus, BLS, ACLS, and PALS classes offered to employees
Cons
No raises, no praise, high deductable health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICU. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2