ICW Group Employee Reviews

Biggest problem is management
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 3, 2017
When I started there I had no problems with my manager. Later she left the company and I got a new manager who frequently talked down to our team and based her judgments on our performance on unrealistic goals.

The company is based out of California, however they are expanding into the east coast. Because of that the procedures and designed for California and don't always work in other states or smaller offices.Everyone in our team of three wore multiple hats and I felt it was unfair to judge our performance based on other larger offices where they had more specialized staff as well as more staff generally. Also I frequently felt disrespected by the way my manager would speak to me as if I was a child.

I frequently noted one of my coworkers staying late to complete tasks and not get the recognition he deserved for it.
Large company, great benefits, great company culture
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Very enjoyable job - lots of quotas to meet and high expectations. Great team and great leadership.
Productive work place
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMarch 24, 2015
Fast paced environment
Opportunity to work in the casualty personal lines arena
Task driven work environment
High volume, busy call center
Bad Management/No growth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del MarJanuary 8, 2015
They employ people with who agree to accept low salary, it affects the entire team performance. They have different rules for different people, the management lacks people management skills, are unable to quantify and judge your work. As a result you do not get bonus, and increments.
Good people Bad management
Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  CANovember 24, 2014
The managers at this company are its own worst enemy. Executives and managers are completely out of touch with employees.
Pros
Good life-work balance
Cons
Silos, Lack of Support
good company to work for
IT Procurement/Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2013
i learned alot while working here. good company vibe and great people
Many Challenges
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2012
A very interesting place to work. Many challenges. Lots of turn around due to amount of software development
Co-workers are great but the pay is horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2012
This company has been described as "bootcamp" before working for another insurance company. Described as medium sized but operates like a small company. The CEO let us out 2 hours early maybe once a year and the holiday party is in the atrium--not very fun and has gone down in the recent years. The bonuses are spread evenly throughout the company and it does not matter if your department did well or not. Not exactly a pay for performance.