iD Tech Camps Employee Reviews in United States

A Fun Experience You'll Never Forget
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2015
I worked as an instructor for iD Tech Camps during Summer 2013 and Summer 2014. I worked for six consecutive weeks each summer, and stayed at the camp location overnight and over the weekends. Each week, each instructor taught a class of eight campers. Classes were focused on technology and game design. At the end of the week, the campers received a diploma and showed their parents everything they learned. Most campers are day campers, but some stay overnight for extra activities.

My managers and my co-workers were all excellent. iD Tech Camps does an exceptional job of fostering a fun and positive culture. Teaching the campers and making a difference was very rewarding, and the job as a whole was a lot of fun.
Pros
Free meals, housing, and travel
Cons
Long hours, Job can take over your life
An engaging and rewarding place to learn and teach game design
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 4, 2012
A typical day of work involved organizing campers for three meals a day and effectively teaching them difficult concepts of both level and game design. Additionally, it entailed ensuring other instructors had what they needed to teach their respective classes effectively. The management was also very receptive and open to suggestions and were extremely adaptable. The hardest part of the job was teaching in a very loud, crowded room. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing kids genuinely understand and enjoy creating their own levels and actively seek out more information.
Pros
ability to teach and do what i love, very receptive management
Cons
long hours, can be highly stressful
Wonderful Summer Experience
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 14, 2014
During my summer breaks I worked at iD Tech Camps. As Lead Instructor at Rollins College this summer, I designed the curricula and taught Mobile App Design, RPG creation, Minecraft Level Design and similar classes. I strove to maintain a high energy and positive environment throughout all hours of the day at this overnight camp, designing and leading many activities from scavenger hunts to competitive team tournaments, and working with wonderful co-workers to make it possible. Our higher ups, the regional managers, did a great job in helping us however we can, and the reward of a smiling camper with a project you helped him make was the best part of the job. The hours were long, and there was little time to relax, but it truly was a labor of love.
Awesome!
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 1, 2014
If you don't mind kids and being paid to act foolish, this is the best job ever. Not only is iD a great place to work if you have no summer plans, but hard work is rewarded and the people, even corporate, are great to work with which can be very rare these days.

The only downside is the time it will take out of your schedule, especially if you don't commute, but the paycheck and friends you'll make are worth it by far.
Pros
everything is paid for so your paycheck is actually more than just the number
Cons
you will have very little free time for 5-7 weeks
work with others passionate about video game development, influence the future of game devs
Game Level Design Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 15, 2013
-Work tirelessly with students to help them make video games
-Make sure they are in a safe fun environment
-Try and maker gamer kids sociable by playing outdoors
-Take tours of game studios
-make connections
Pros
free food, free beds, tours of game studios
Cons
no paid travel, obscene hours, no ac during summmer
Amazing Place to Work!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYSeptember 5, 2012
iD Tech was one of the most amazing places I have ever worked. The staff I worked with were a group of great people and the company really provides everything that they feel you'll need to be the best you can be.
Pros
meals included, great staff, upward mobility, amazing experience
Fun and Rewarding Workplace
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
Sometimes the days are long and can be stressful but well worth it.
Great part time work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 2, 2012
I felt at ease at all times, and my manager was firm but fair about what needed to be done along with what might have been considered ridiculous.

Want to know more about iD Tech Camps?

Ask a question