iD Tech Camps Employee Reviews

Summer Job That Relies Mainly on College Students
Lead Instructor, Tech Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 6, 2017
There isn't too much to say about this job other than what I wrote in the title. Overall, it's not a terrible job and working for one summer gave me a good amount of experience in a "teaching" environment. Overall, my coworkers were super fun and were one of the main reasons I could tolerate the job.

Not bad money for college students though, especially if you can get work at an overnight camp. They'll give you housing and some meals. On top of that, you'll get more hours, which means more overtime pay.
Pros
Some meals are paid for and some housing is paid for
Cons
Long hours if overnight
Fun, many breaks, workplace is amusing to explore and communicate with other employees
C++ Programmer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
I would go to class, sit for hours on end, then get up and get to my daily three times a day meal. Their food was amazing, their staff was hilarious, their names were cute, and their amazing software was even more fun to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good rooms, nice staff, friends come to play
Cons
Expensive Camp
iD Tech Camps
Large Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 30, 2017
iD Tech Camp is a wonderful company to work for. The staff, kids and parents are all great. I am a director for the company and I cannot wait to possibly work my way up to a year around position.
Amazing work culture, but very little free time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 19, 2017
I worked as an overnight instructor, which meant that I worked literally all day long on site, Sunday through Friday. My first shift was instructing kids from 7am until around 5pm, then my second shift picked up watching kids from 5pm to 11pm. Working with kids has it's ups and downs. Some days, it would be the best job I've ever had and other days I was counting down the seconds until I could just go to bed. The people was what really made this job one of the best experiences I've ever had. I made some amazing friends there, and having those friends made the job not feel like work.
Pros
Great people, free lunch, fun kids, interesting courses
Cons
Very long hours, no breaks, your social life depends on how well you get along with your coworkers
Fantastic Summer Job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 20, 2016
I worked at ID Tech Mini. It was a fantastic summer job and the company has a lot of options for advancement. The most stressful part of the job was being on the opposite coast of the main offices (they're in California), which meant that they would occasionally send time sensitive paperwork after we had left for the day. Other than that, this is a great job if you love kids and have the patience to teach technology.
Pros
Free Lunch, Travel Compensation, Work Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Wonderful Learning Experience
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Created weekly schedule and individualized lesson plans to foster skill-building and learning at various levels. It was a wonderful opportunity to be honest.
Fun and energetic job. Great for tech lovers
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 14, 2016
As an instructor you would get to get your daily lesson plan for your class and prepare anything that needs to be setup before the kids arrive. upon arrival kids stay outside and play game with instructors before heading inside to jump into instruction. You'll instructor for most of the day besides a break for lunch and afternoon outside activity.
Pros
Free lunches, access to a vast amount of knowledge
Cons
Kids can be a handful
Amazing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2016
iD Tech is filled with amazing staff and instructors that help keep the keep the camp life fresh and exciting. It also provided the right tools to help me get started teaching students with excellent resources and past staffers.
Great Work Place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  GeorgetownFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at iD Camp in the summer of 2015. Even though some weeks were stressful managing 10-12 year olds, I always loved seeing how much progression the kids made in 1 week. Doing the overnight part allowed me to do really fun camp activities with the campers that I may not have had time to do in the day. The only downside to this job is that if you do overnight, then its hard to allocate outside of work free time because you only really get a 1 1/2 day weekend. Other than that the pay was great, the management was great and my co-workers became my good friends.
Pros
Satisfaction, Free food, Co-Workers, Fun Activities, Interesting Students
Cons
Short Weekends, Sometimes Stressful
A Fun Experience You'll Never Forget
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2015
I worked as an instructor for iD Tech Camps during Summer 2013 and Summer 2014. I worked for six consecutive weeks each summer, and stayed at the camp location overnight and over the weekends. Each week, each instructor taught a class of eight campers. Classes were focused on technology and game design. At the end of the week, the campers received a diploma and showed their parents everything they learned. Most campers are day campers, but some stay overnight for extra activities.

My managers and my co-workers were all excellent. iD Tech Camps does an exceptional job of fostering a fun and positive culture. Teaching the campers and making a difference was very rewarding, and the job as a whole was a lot of fun.
Pros
Free meals, housing, and travel
Cons
Long hours, Job can take over your life
Wonderful Summer Experience
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 14, 2014
During my summer breaks I worked at iD Tech Camps. As Lead Instructor at Rollins College this summer, I designed the curricula and taught Mobile App Design, RPG creation, Minecraft Level Design and similar classes. I strove to maintain a high energy and positive environment throughout all hours of the day at this overnight camp, designing and leading many activities from scavenger hunts to competitive team tournaments, and working with wonderful co-workers to make it possible. Our higher ups, the regional managers, did a great job in helping us however we can, and the reward of a smiling camper with a project you helped him make was the best part of the job. The hours were long, and there was little time to relax, but it truly was a labor of love.
Fun and Rewarding Workplace
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
Sometimes the days are long and can be stressful but well worth it.
Awesome!
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 1, 2014
If you don't mind kids and being paid to act foolish, this is the best job ever. Not only is iD a great place to work if you have no summer plans, but hard work is rewarded and the people, even corporate, are great to work with which can be very rare these days.

The only downside is the time it will take out of your schedule, especially if you don't commute, but the paycheck and friends you'll make are worth it by far.
Pros
everything is paid for so your paycheck is actually more than just the number
Cons
you will have very little free time for 5-7 weeks
work with others passionate about video game development, influence the future of game devs
Game Level Design Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 15, 2013
-Work tirelessly with students to help them make video games
-Make sure they are in a safe fun environment
-Try and maker gamer kids sociable by playing outdoors
-Take tours of game studios
-make connections
Pros
free food, free beds, tours of game studios
Cons
no paid travel, obscene hours, no AC during summmer
Amazing Place to Work!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYSeptember 5, 2012
iD Tech was one of the most amazing places I have ever worked. The staff I worked with were a group of great people and the company really provides everything that they feel you'll need to be the best you can be.
Pros
meals included, great staff, upward mobility, amazing experience
An engaging and rewarding place to learn and teach game design
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 4, 2012
A typical day of work involved organizing campers for three meals a day and effectively teaching them difficult concepts of both level and game design. Additionally, it entailed ensuring other instructors had what they needed to teach their respective classes effectively. The management was also very receptive and open to suggestions and were extremely adaptable. The hardest part of the job was teaching in a very loud, crowded room. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing kids genuinely understand and enjoy creating their own levels and actively seek out more information.
Pros
ability to teach and do what i love, very receptive management
Cons
long hours, can be highly stressful
Great part time work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 2, 2012
I felt at ease at all times, and my manager was firm but fair about what needed to be done along with what might have been considered ridiculous.