Idaho Central Credit Union

Idaho Central Credit Union Employee Reviews

Best company I have worked with!
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 2, 2016
I have never felt more welcomed in a company by every employee from the CEO on down. I have never been treated as less than another individual and always made to feel as if I am in a family environment, which I can honestly say I consider my company as family. There is amazing benefits as well as the company has Values that I have not seen anywhere else. They promote individual growth and education. The support and friendships I have developed here have not been matched by any other company. I couldn't ask for a better company to work with!
Pros
Culture, the people, the benefits, growth opportunities, everything
Cons
I didn't come to work here sooner
Wonderful company until management changed
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 16, 2016
My first 6 months were great, very productive and inspiring. I had a wonderful manager that gave great advice in achieving job performance. Management switched 6 months into my job and I was neglected to fend for myself even though I was still learning. I reached out for help and received none. It was terrible last half of year and all of the staff is now leaving including myself.
Cons
No breaks, didn't get paid for all hours worked there.
ICCU Review
Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 10, 2016
Manager was very pushy and wanted results very quickly after a short time training. If you have never worked in banking the particular store I was at would not be a great fit for someone entering the job. The manager told me flat out my college degree was worthless and I could set it on fire and it not mean anything. However I talked to other people at different locations who said it was that location is the reason I didn't like it. Overall company and everything is great except for the management.
Pros
1 hr Lunch, Culture, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Manager
Does not uphold standards of "values"
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 4, 2016
I found the culture that iccu prides themselves on to be fake. All the kindness and smiles stops once you are hired. They are not following the strict codes of values that the preach. They don't treat their employees with "dignity" or "respect". In fact I felt personally attacked by several members of the "team". There moto may say "helping members achieve financial success", but the helping part does not apply to their employees. They say that they were voted best place to work in Idaho, but I can honestly say that the best place to work does not apply to everyone.
Cons
Very degrading personnel who verbally attack employees
Supportive, inclusive environment
Mortgage Construction Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJune 7, 2016
Very strong culture. Very supportive of work life balance and put employees first. Won best place to work in Idaho four years in a row.
Idaho Central Credit Union
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 20, 2015
I have greatly enjoyed working with Idaho Central Credit Union. The management team really helped me gain experience in many different fields of my job. I was given weekly and monthly reports for my specific branch. I was able to assist in training our new employees. I worked very closely with management creating monthly marketing event for the branch. I quickly became the person seasoned employees came to with questions and for help on their projects. I loved being in a team environment and working with so many different types of personalities. The hardest part of my job was not always having control over my success. With working with other departments, their success became my success and when there were issues in getting those departments successful, it created a strain with myself since I worked face to face with our members. Learning how to keep the negative experience a positive one for our members was the most difficult challenge to learn.
Pros
Great Hours, Management, Compensation
Cons
Employee turn over rate.
Idaho Central Review
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 7, 2016
ICCU has an incredible culture, and I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for such a great company. I hope to find another company with similar attitude in the future.
Treat employees with respect. Value their opinion.
Indirect Lending Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoJuly 7, 2016
I enjoy working at ICCU. They are a good organization that respect the employees. Their pay is a little below standard but they make up for it in other ways.
Great Company.
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 15, 2015
Overall good company , advancement is hard to come by. Great benefits and culture. Pay is average for the state. Good work/life balance.
It's ok
eServices Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJanuary 13, 2016
I loved the people I worked with at Idaho Central Credit Union. However, the unique culture was not a fit for me. Currently they are experiencing growth pains.
Was able to perform my job duties with ease while performing member banking transactions
Member Service Specialist/Teller (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2014
I was able to work in a fast-paced work environment which included maintaining a cash drawer, performing member banking transactions as directed and ran the counter as a teller while also multi-tasking by providing friendly service through the drive-through teller window. The credit union members were outstanding, kind and very courteous during busy times throughout the day.
I learned how to perform many duties all at once by answering a multi-line telephone service, banking transactions all while maintaining a positive a friendly attitude towards my co-workers and banking members.
Pros
Great co-workers- we were like family
Cons
No room for advancement
Great culture...great people.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDAugust 23, 2014
They provide a culture that promotes personal growth and development.
Pros
Amazing culture.
Cons
Limited space/opportunity for advancement.
Productive and Fun workplace; great culture
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 26, 2014
Best place I've worked yet. Excellent culture, growth opportunities, lots of friends.
Beware of which branch
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 10, 2015
This company has been voted one of the best places to work, but be careful which branch you go to. Not all branches are as great
I loved working there:)
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 20, 2015
Helping members achieve financial success. Made transactions like deposits, withdraws, and payments. I also was able to assist with any information on the accounts
Pros
my managers were amazing
Cons
i honestly dont have one thing to complain about.
Amazing company
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 24, 2014
My usual day is pretty busy. Working in a "bank" environment can be very straining. I love the company and the people I work with!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Idaho Central Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2