Idaho Central Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work for anyone
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 7, 2017
Idaho Central has the best culture of any company I have worked for. They genuinely care for each and every team member and do everything to make sure you are taken care of. They give you raises quite often. They take time out of each month to make sure your concerns/ comments are being heard and taken seriously. They praise good performance and coach poor performance. They provide you with everything you need to be successful in the company, and more.
Pros
Culture, tools for learning, management, growth opportunities
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Idaho Central. It was a face paced environment and the management was very fair. I liked that they valued their employees and wanted to see them succeed.
Pros
Good team to work for
Cons
average pay
Great atmosphere.
Member Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDMay 30, 2017
ICCU was a great place to work for and definitely taught me how to expand my professionalism in a work place. A typical work day was filled with very pleasant members calling in needing help. I loved interacting with them and getting to know them. They taught me many jokes and life lesson. Occasionally you would get an upset member that seemed to make your day harder. In my mind they made me learn to be more patient and understanding as you never know what they are going through at that point in time. The management was so friendly and made you feel that they actually cared for you. They helped me to strive to be a better version of myself. The people I worked with became great friends to me, inside and outside of work. If I ever needed anything they helped me. The hardest part of the job was sitting down all the time but I was able to look at the positive of it and when it was slow and I had completed my current tasks I would read books. I loved getting to know our members, team members, and especially gaining knowledge in the banking industry.
Pros
Free logo wear and lunches
Cons
Strict Attendance Policy, Against tattoos/piercings in the workplace.
Co-workers are great, management needs some help
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 17, 2017
Managers are not very helpful or supportive. Managers were supposed to do weekly meetings, and they never did and then wondered why there was problems.
ICCU is great
IT (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 17, 2017
if you're ever lucky enough to work for ICCU, you'll experience one of the best work cultures you'll experience in your life. They have a unique way of making you feel important.
Pros
9 to 5, amazing people, tons of opportunity, awesome senior management, everything is great
Cons
none i can think of
Idaho Central Credit Union
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work, amazing culture and people. Most enjoyable part of the job is that we are enabled and encouraged to always do the right thing for each other and our members.
Amazing employer
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 3, 2017
Seriously one of the most compasionate emploerys around. The leadership from the top down cares about education, growth and promoting a postively respectful culture!!
Pros
Everything about them
Cons
Less growth opportunities than larger financial institutions
Wonderful company until management changed
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 16, 2016
My first 6 months were great, very productive and inspiring. I had a wonderful manager that gave great advice in achieving job performance. Management switched 6 months into my job and I was neglected to fend for myself even though I was still learning. I reached out for help and received none. It was terrible last half of year and all of the staff is now leaving including myself.
Cons
No breaks, didn't get paid for all hours worked there.
Treat employees with respect. Value their opinion.
Indirect Lending Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoJuly 7, 2016
I enjoy working at ICCU. They are a good organization that respect the employees. Their pay is a little below standard but they make up for it in other ways.
Supportive, inclusive environment
Mortgage Construction Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJune 7, 2016
Very strong culture. Very supportive of work life balance and put employees first. Won best place to work in Idaho four years in a row.
Does not uphold standards of "values"
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 4, 2016
I found the culture that iccu prides themselves on to be fake. All the kindness and smiles stops once you are hired. They are not following the strict codes of values that the preach. They don't treat their employees with "dignity" or "respect". In fact I felt personally attacked by several members of the "team". There moto may say "helping members achieve financial success", but the helping part does not apply to their employees. They say that they were voted best place to work in Idaho, but I can honestly say that the best place to work does not apply to everyone.
Cons
Very degrading personnel who verbally attack employees
Best company I have worked with!
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 2, 2016
I have never felt more welcomed in a company by every employee from the CEO on down. I have never been treated as less than another individual and always made to feel as if I am in a family environment, which I can honestly say I consider my company as family. There is amazing benefits as well as the company has Values that I have not seen anywhere else. They promote individual growth and education. The support and friendships I have developed here have not been matched by any other company. I couldn't ask for a better company to work with!
Pros
Culture, the people, the benefits, growth opportunities, everything
Cons
I didn't come to work here sooner
Idaho Central Review
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 7, 2016
ICCU has an incredible culture, and I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for such a great company. I hope to find another company with similar attitude in the future.
ICCU Review
Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 10, 2016
Manager was very pushy and wanted results very quickly after a short time training. If you have never worked in banking the particular store I was at would not be a great fit for someone entering the job. The manager told me flat out my college degree was worthless and I could set it on fire and it not mean anything. However I talked to other people at different locations who said it was that location is the reason I didn't like it. Overall company and everything is great except for the management.
Pros
1 hr Lunch, Culture, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Manager
It's ok
eServices Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDJanuary 13, 2016
I loved the people I worked with at Idaho Central Credit Union. However, the unique culture was not a fit for me. Currently they are experiencing growth pains.
Idaho Central Credit Union
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 20, 2015
I have greatly enjoyed working with Idaho Central Credit Union. The management team really helped me gain experience in many different fields of my job. I was given weekly and monthly reports for my specific branch. I was able to assist in training our new employees. I worked very closely with management creating monthly marketing event for the branch. I quickly became the person seasoned employees came to with questions and for help on their projects. I loved being in a team environment and working with so many different types of personalities. The hardest part of my job was not always having control over my success. With working with other departments, their success became my success and when there were issues in getting those departments successful, it created a strain with myself since I worked face to face with our members. Learning how to keep the negative experience a positive one for our members was the most difficult challenge to learn.
Pros
Great Hours, Management, Compensation
Cons
Employee turn over rate.
Beware of which branch
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 10, 2015
This company has been voted one of the best places to work, but be careful which branch you go to. Not all branches are as great
Great Company.
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 15, 2015
Overall good company , advancement is hard to come by. Great benefits and culture. Pay is average for the state. Good work/life balance.
I loved working there:)
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 20, 2015
Helping members achieve financial success. Made transactions like deposits, withdraws, and payments. I also was able to assist with any information on the accounts
Pros
my managers were amazing
Cons
i honestly dont have one thing to complain about.
Was able to perform my job duties with ease while performing member banking transactions
Member Service Specialist/Teller (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2014
I was able to work in a fast-paced work environment which included maintaining a cash drawer, performing member banking transactions as directed and ran the counter as a teller while also multi-tasking by providing friendly service through the drive-through teller window. The credit union members were outstanding, kind and very courteous during busy times throughout the day.
I learned how to perform many duties all at once by answering a multi-line telephone service, banking transactions all while maintaining a positive a friendly attitude towards my co-workers and banking members.
Pros
Great co-workers- we were like family
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Idaho Central Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Idaho Central Credit Union Reviews by Location