Idaho State University Employee Reviews

Overall, a good place to work.
Office Specialist II/Transcript Evaluator Senior (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 28, 2016
My time at ISU was very enjoyable and very fulfilling. My greatest accomplishment was in aiding graduating students through the numerous hurdles associated with graduation. My proudest moments were when students, faculty, and staff thanked me for my professionalism and commitment to each and every one.
Pros
healthcare, retirement benefits
Cons
management
Fun and easy going
Intern (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 26, 2016
Great place and great people. I am only a graduate teaching assistant and not looking to advance here, which probably makes working here more laid back for me.
Pros
Fun and easy going environment
Cons
Minimal opportunity to advance in house.
Na
Technical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 14, 2016
A great place to work. Takes time to move up the ladder and the pay is lower in this area then in other markets. The benefits are why I work here. The student and most faculty are wonderful.
A great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 26, 2016
this school was a great place to work and I was fortunate to work for so may great people.

I was able to see the inner workings of departments and see how committed the professors and staff are inn their duties. I was a part of that and I was included in all the departmental parties and celebrations.
Pros
people are awesome
Cons
no benefits for students
Excellent learning environment
Clinical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 18, 2016
New tasks/skills to learn each week regarding the health sciences. Great opportunity to learn about clinical trial research.
Idaho State University is a great institution.
Staff Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 13, 2016
Busy schedule, positive atmosphere, friendly coworkers. Most enjoyable was all of the incidental learning afforded to me while doing my job. Management was very supportive and checked in with us daily as to the goings on in our specific fields. The hardest part about the job was getting from upper campus to lower campus in the allowed time, especially during the winter or rainy season.
Pros
Autonomy, able to work independently.
Cons
Inclement weather and having to walk great distances between classes.
Independent Lab Research
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 5, 2016
Varied tasks gave a wide variety of experience. Instructors were very helpful. Tasks required critical thinking and problem solving.
good place to work
Economics Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 23, 2016
work well with schedules easy to get along with the supervisors they work well with allowing you the freedom you need to work well in your environment
Cons
nice state job with benefits
Library Assistant 3 (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 9, 2016
Working at ISU is good. Good hours and benefits. I have flexibility in my work schedule, that enables me to make up time in the evenings or weekends.
good place to work
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 8, 2016
Good place to work, I enjoy the people that I work with. Fast paced always learning something new. A typical day at work always includes deadlines and goals being met and prioritized.
Fun people and work
paint crew member (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 8, 2016
Typically we would paint a few apartments or dormitories a day and I learned how to use mud to seal holes in walls and how to paint walls, ceilings, rails, and baseboards.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Work Study job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 21, 2016
I would assist the main custodians with custodial work. I would wipe table tops down, vacuum, and clean windows. During the summer, I would help with extraction on the floors
Pros
work in a team setting
Productive and interesting job
Computer and Security Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at work would be to check security cameras and any security equipment that should be online. I coordinate with supervisors and co-workers to mitigate any problems and ensure their equipment is working correctly. I have come to enjoy learning and understanding new tech equipment and working in an IT environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to do what I love to do; I work with new and interesting equipment to fulfill my craving for working with computers, I have a fun time working with co-workers helping solve problems. The hardest part is that its only temporarily and part time. The job is great but the current position I hold cannot support me financially.
Great Place to work
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 21, 2015
I would have stayed longer but it was time for me to retire. I had advanced all that I could and I was turning 65. Time to look for a fullfilling part time job now
This is the best job opportunity I have had thus far in my career. Very multi-tasking and learning experience.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 15, 2015
The Small Business Development Center at ISU was the most motivational and inspiring position I have ever had. The interpersonal and professional skills I learned from my supervisor have been the most valuable skills I know.

The opportunity to begin in a position when the office was just opening was incredible. I was there to organize and manage a very small office of two. By the time I moved away from Pocatello and had to leave the job, there were six full-time employees. It was the most rewarding personal and professional position that I had the pleasure to be a part of.
Pros
Excellent job. Excellent growth opportunity, great benefits.
Cons
Cannot think of a one.
excellent
student (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 3, 2015
great school to attend and love the professors and easy relaxed environment.
I started at the University in 2010 and have enjoyed obtaining two degrees while I am there. I was hesitant to attend school and live in Idaho at first but I have grown to love the beautiful state of Idaho and its easy going way of living
Pros
easy environment to work in
Cons
temporary employment
Product and Fun Work
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 25, 2015
work with my classmate for a final project.
learned how the team work together to achieve a goal .
I have not work in any company.
Fun work place
Student (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 12, 2015
Responsible for publicizing, preparing for, and working during various campus events. Staff was very Friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the other students at Idaho State Univerisity
Pros
Friendly Staff
Interesting and Positive Workplace
Health Physicist (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IdahoOctober 6, 2015
Idaho State University (ISU) is an interesting and positive workplace that has many opportunities in a variety of fields. Currently ISU is excellent in education, counseling, and pharmacy related fields and is experiencing growth in engineering and health science related fields.
I loved working in a people friendly atmosphere.
Adjunct Lecturer for Preparing (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 2, 2015
It was fun working ad a graduate student. Gained skills in leadership and instructional technology.I was happy going to work every morning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Idaho State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2