IDC Employee Reviews

productive
Warehouse Lead & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Responsible for daily warehouse duties, assists with pick-up(loading), transportation, and delivery (unloading and placement ) of goods in accordance with established procedures and prtocols, lifting, moving, installation and placement of heavy items by hand or with assistance of handling equipment.
Pros
everyone helped each other out on the shift including boss as well
Cons
early morning traffic on the way home
horrible place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown Hills, ILApril 28, 2016
I'd give less than 1 star if possible. This place is absolutely full of empty promises and the owner would rather have the company fail vs going and getting work from other places.
Pros
Cons
the owner
Awesome work environment with friendly coworkers.
Parts Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dos Palos, CAFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day would start at 7:00 am. I would help the work crews load any heavy equipment, and pull any parts they needed. (pipe, glue, PVC parts, etc.) After the work crews would leave the yard, I was in charge of cleaning the store, sweep, mop, and restock our shelves by combining partially empty boxes and bringing parts from the top shelves down to the lower shelves. This allowed me to have a better idea of what parts we needed to order more often and what parts could wait when making future orders. While making my rounds around the store, we would receive shipments throughout the day, and I would hop on the forklift unload the trucks and sort out the parts. It was my responsibility to check the invoices and make sure all the parts were there.I would then separate job parts from inventory. After breaking down what we received I would go back and continue where I had left at in the store. All while helping any customers that walked in and needed help. I would end the day by lining up our pallets in lines and write the job numbers on all four sides of the wrap so it was easier for the work crews to see what jobs we needed to knock out and the parts they would need. Also, I would sweep one last time before locking up because the warehouse was surrounded by dirt. I had one manager above me who handled the tech side of the store. He would do all the online ordering, shopping around for cheaper prices on parts, and answer the phone calls.
The hardest part of the job was being in a metal warehouse with out fans or air conditioning. At times it was like working in an oven.
  more...
The most enjoyable part was definitely my co-workers. I was the youngest worker by about 8 years, so all the guys saw me as a little brother and made the transition really easy.
Pros
Free lunches at times, holiday bonuses, and rotating weekends off.
Cons
Heat inside the warehouse, and the dust made it difficult to work at times.
very busy
Owner (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIOctober 7, 2015
Very professional company responding to customer needs.
Fun place to work with a great staff.
Logistics was both fun and challenging.
The hardest part of the job was sales. I was very good at sales.
Productive company to work for.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Tauton. MaJuly 16, 2015
Princess House is a direct sales company work for them over 25 years. I was a area manager, trained and developed new consultants. Wonderful company to work for. My upper management team showed me how to advance in this business and to become a very motived manager for my team. Love the company and how they treated their consultants and the families.
Pros
Free travel trips
Cons
Getting ladies to book home parties
nice place to work
Dan Ellis (Manager) (Former Employee) –  los angeles,February 12, 2015
i really enjoyed working at this job. Company was down sizing and I was one of the employees that was let go. The company was a telemarking company. i use to sell toner i worked very hard at doing this job.
Pros
calling was easy
Cons
people would hang up on you
Very nice people to work for
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LAFebruary 11, 2015
This company was a very fair place to work,there was alot of room for advancement,I was the only female that worked in this department and its was a very good experience.My co-workers respected my presence,we teamed up well and got the job done.The hardest part was not knowing what time your day was going to end.H ad to complete most jobs before you got to leave.The most enjoyable part was recieving a a well deserved paycheck on thursdays.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
unscheduled breaks
Stable company, nice people, low employee morale, heavy workload
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 5, 2015
It is a stable company that has been around for over 50 years. Many employees stay at the company for a very long time. The employees are very nice and most are easy to work with. The employee morale is low though. Most employees have very heavy workloads, which causes a lot of stress. Some managers try to improve morale and balance workloads, but they are given limited funding and resources to accomplish it.
Pros
lots of holidays and pto. friendly employees.
Cons
heavy workload, stress
Fast pace work.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day at work consist of me picking and packing products for trucks to be delivered to the hospitals throughout the NorthShore LIJ health system.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
constantly on your feet.
Good work experience for my first full time job.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 22, 2014
This was a good experience for my first full time job. On any given day I could be assigned a number of tasks, as I was responsible for many different accounts which were all very unique. I learned how to work well under pressure, and management was very helpful and good to their employees.
Good
MBA Intern - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 16, 2013
Good job with great company culture. Flexible hours and goal driven environment.
Stable company
Sales Ops / Lead Client Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 3, 2013
IDC is a stable company to work for, but not a lot of room for career advancement within some job descriptions. Some teams are very lean so work overload is a real problem. There are a lot of nice people that work at the company. People tend to stay a long time, but I don't think they offer benefits or career growth that entice or keep new talent.
Pros
stable company, generous with pto and holidays
Cons
work overload, some teams are too lean, not a lot of potential for career advancement for some job functions
Idc
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 4, 2013
This company no longer exists. The company went under after going through a hard economical time.
Pros
it was stable when the company was doing good.
Cons
it is no longer in existance
fun atmosphere with a lot of hands on training
Account Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 9, 2012
My job has been a culmination of learning and growing in a new arena for me..I have thoroughly enjoyed my training , my experiences and my boss.
The hardest part about the job is getting paid on my work.The buisness has a lot of cancellations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is servicing and working with my clients to give them a great experience.
Pros
flexible work week
Cons
lack of consistent pay
oppportunity to move up
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  las vegas, nevadaOctober 7, 2012
a good place to work, opportunity to move up, folding letters sending them out.
Pros
good benefits, place to move up
Cons
low pay
Mediocre Salary, Bad Upper Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 22, 2012
Salaries are not the most competitive at all.

Upper Management runs the company like accountants, no real innovation or real growth.

A good place to come in for a while, but not long term.
work office and driver
Courier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 3, 2012
delivery
package from law offices
mailroom government area
miami dade area
Most Employers-----UNprofessional
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 5, 2012
I loved this job at first and had the second most important job(besides the owner) with all of the responsibilities/employers to control that crept along. Our office had a business owner(my boss), and myself to run all of the administrative work, whereas; the other offices has an assigned employer for each of the 25 responsibilities my boss and I had. We had no office help---except for each other so you can imagine the stress I underwent when he was going to events to market us and all the other out of town meetings to attend---while I had to run the show. He and I were also both young(he's 27) I'm 24, and we managed middle age-older employers who several times were caught saying they did not like that(behind our backs). Most were uneducated and I had to constantly revise any paperwork(because I controlled all of it along with accounts) and at times I would have to work past midnight/weekends---NO OVERTIME just to get finished with catching up every employer's work because they were so unorganized. The people meant well---just wasn't easy handling 13 employers)which I forgot to mention were all MALE), so you can imagine the frustration in getting 13 older men to follow my instructions---daily.
Pros
good benefits, reimbursed right away, great boss, good experience
Cons
uneducated older male employers, stress without assistance, no overtime
This is the best company anyone could hope to work for. From the executive level to the administration level the staff here are top notch!
Receptionist / Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonFebruary 26, 2012
This is an A+ employer in every facet. This company though large immediately gives their employees a sense of family. Work and Life Balance are very important here and this is most refreshing. The working environment and conditions are top notch! The reception lobby is beautiful and calming.
Pros
compensation / benefits, culture / values, job security / advancement, management / work / life balance
Non-profit Good for your soul work.
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  AppropreationsFebruary 18, 2012
I had fun learning new ways to work with computers, the people were always nice, and I was always busy.
Pros
helping charities
Cons
no room for movement within the company.