Ideal Concepts, Inc. Employee Reviews

Change in management
Friends with a worker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 20, 2018
This was a nice company until it changed it's management. No communication, no listening skills. They say he's one of the best, well if this is the best then find someone new. There's a reason why he's still there and it's not due to management quality or work quality. 🤔

This company also stabs past employees in the back underhandedly.

I would have never expected this with this company.
Cons
What was listed in review.
Make what you want to make with all the support you need
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 21, 2017
From my first interview to now, Ideal Concepts, Inc has been nothing but a blessing for me and my family. I have had jobs in insurance that gave me promises of making great money, yet they never lived up to there promises. Ideal Concepts, Inc has been the exact opposite. They are very straightforward as far as what they expect from you and how they will give you all the tools you’ll need to be successful. As long as you work your business you will succeed with this company. I would even say you are GUARANTEED to succeed due to the tremendous marketing they do to provide FREE LEADS and also all the technology and support from management to ensure your success. If you are looking for a lasting career I am pleased and honor to say you will find it with this company.
Pros
Make your own hours, make your own income, it’s your own business
Cons
None.
January 8, 2018

Hi Agent! Thank you for your kind words. Please feel to reach out with any suggestions! We want you to continue to be happy here! -Alisha Leavelle

not truthful about leads and earning potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  work at home anywhereDecember 10, 2017
They have an excuse for every problem that arises. I followed what they said to do and am not getting enough qualified leads to make more than 1 sale a day during the peak of Obamcare enrollment
Pros
make your own schedule and work from home
Cons
leadsare not what they are advertised to be for most of the agents
January 8, 2018

Hi Agent! I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to successfully sell on our platform. I will say you are in the minority, and therefore, perhaps it's not the leads, as everyone works with the same leads. You're saying you're not even closing one per week, when running a quick report, I see that our average agent during OEP closed 7 to 10 sales per week. And that's our average sales persons- our top earnings closed 30 and above during the first week of December! In addition, while OEP is fun because there are a lot of easy closes, many of our agents enjoy SEP more because they earn more per sale than during OEP.

I would love for our sales management team to sit down with you, perhaps even shadow you for a few hours, to figure out what's missing. There's a number of things it could be, but if you truly aren't receiving enough "good" leads, it could be the states you're in- not enough states, or not high lead states. There are lots of things we can do to work on getting your sales numbers up. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can connect you with a sales manager and get you shadowed! Since all of our tech, support, and marketing is free to you, we are not successful unless you're successful, so of course we want to do whatever we can to make sure you're making sales!! -Alisha Leavelle, ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

Ideal Concepts is the future of insurance sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 18, 2017
Ideal Concepts has created the ultimate individual insurance sales package for agents: free leads, free sales tech, free training, free support. They take a hairline cut of your commissions to cover all of that. For agents afraid of ACA, I don't make my money on Obamacare. I use Obamacare to get in the door, but I make my money on dental, vision, accident, etc.
Pros
Massive income potential, Specialized and intensive training, Quality products, Caring management, High-tech sales technology, Interesting and fun atmosphere, Competitive commissions, Work from home, Make your own hours, Control your income
Cons
1099 contractor position, no guaranteed income
September 19, 2017

Thanks Agent! You've got a great sales strategy and attitude. We're lucky to have agents who value our platform! -Alisha Leavelle

Best insurance opportunity I've found in the industry!
Health Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PASeptember 5, 2017
I'm so glad I ran into Ideal Concepts! This company changed my life, for the better. I was selling life insurance independently, and wary of joining a captive platform, but this company delivers! The health insurance part of it was tricky (transitioning from life to health) but well worth it. The only way I would leave is if I found a company that did this exact thing, only for life insurance, which I enjoy selling more. That being said, rumors are floating that Ideal Concepts will eventually get into life and when they do, I'm hoping aboard that team, because I can't think of anything better!

The one thing that's worrisome is what the government is going to do, but I feel pretty confident in AIO that they will survive and do the best they can do for agents. They have so far!
Pros
1099 position; Control your own income/work hours; Excellent training, support, assistance, technology, leads, management; Great CRM and their own health exchange to make things fast & easy.
Cons
Commission only, no benefits, Obamacare changes are constant and rocky, You have to work full time hours in order to succeed, Start up costs to a commission only job are high
September 18, 2017

Hi Agent!

Thank you for your feedback/review. We love hearing from current agents! We understand the uncertainty agents have about the individual market, and we appreciate your confidence in our ability to pivot and adapt. That's our speciality!

In response to your suggestion on life insurance, it's definitely one of our goals. Expect a life department to be launched within the next few years.

-Alisha Leavelle

Positive, Motivated Workplace Capable Of Big Things
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 26, 2017
My time at Ideal Concepts has been extremely pleasant. I've found the work to be challenging and satisfying and I feel surrounded and supported by helpful, knowledgeable people willing to teach.

Ideal Concepts has strong business ethics and has an administrative staff that understands how to motivate employees.
Pros
friendly, helpful workplace; understanding management; challenging, satisfying work; open to new ideas
Cons
limited remote work opportunities for non-agents
Run...Run away as fast as you can
Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 17, 2017
The head manager is a QUACK!!! If you go to work for them you'll find out what I mean. There training is horrible, they just throw you to the wolves. All he trains on is the script and brags about himself. Pathetic
Pros
Cons
Training is the worst, Head Manager is very Arrogant
August 25, 2017

Unfortunately, I suspect this is a fraudulent review. We do not have, and have never had, a "Licensing Coordinator". We do have a Licensing team, but their manager is a woman, not a man. In addition, all of our Licensing team members have been at their positions for more than a year and this reviewer identifies themselves as a "former employee". If this is in fact an agent who mistakenly identified themselves as a "Licensing Coordinator", as well as an "employee" (our agents are contractors), then I apologize for any issues you may have had. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any complaints. We welcome the opportunity to receive constructive feedback! -Alisha Leavelle, ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com

No ping pong table like the suggestion, but lots of commissions
agent (Current Employee) –  macungie, paApril 19, 2017
I've had several sales positions before and I enjoy this one the most. I make my own hours and work whenever I can. Their training was helpful and even though I'm an experienced agent, I believe I am better at my job than I was previously. I like selling over the phone, and I enjoy that more than driving to appointments like I have in the past. My income is agreeable and I make more than just a good living. I'm comfortable in my position here and I hope to be a long term agent. I would recommend any experienced agent give it a try- there's no cold calling (although there are of course bad leads sometimes), no appointments and no walking into someone's creepy house.
Pros
No driving, free leads, good commissions, make your own hours.
Cons
No benefits, full commission, "dry" days with bad leads occassionally.
It's very rewarding Place to work at.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
Working at Ideal Concepts, Inc has been very beneficial.

As an agent the support we receive from the staff is of the utmost value. Weekly we are informed of the any changes or updates regarding the companies we represent. Thus making our business more effective and profitable.

Pros
Dynamic. Effective
October 10, 2017

Thank you for your review, Agent! We appreciate the feedback. -Alisha Leavelle

Ideal Concepts Rocks
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 9, 2017
Rated #9 best place to work in the lehigh valley. I can't say enough nice words about this company. As an agent they worked hard to train me. They value their agents and employees. This is a rapidly growing company so if you are looking for advancement it is certainly here.
Pros
Parties and Events
Cons
Tough Job
Delivers on promises, great ethics, great sales organization
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAFebruary 28, 2017
This is my first insurance sales job, but not my first sales job. As a sales organization, you couldn't find a better place. They incubate their agents, really train them and care about their results. The compensation is great (I'm on track to make $90K), and they never mislead me to believe I'd make more or less than that. Their recruiters are pretty spot on and up front about what it means to be an agent here. As mentioned, I'm new to insurance sales, but $90K is more than I made in the credit industry, so I'm happy with it. Their sales tech is super cool and the leads are good- and free! Basically you sit down, put on your head set, and start selling. Easy as pie.
Cons
There is a fairly big up front cost, if you're not already an agent. State licenses, in multiple states, carrier appointment fees, etc. If you're already an agent I'm sure it's less of an investment. But either way, it is an investment. The return is worth it.
Not what it seems
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 13, 2017
They tell you 50% of the people make over 100k and the lowest makes 60k. Which is a lie. They post numbers daily/weekly and there are only around 20 people who sell 3+ a day who make the daily achievement list. Which means 180 people are selling less than 2 policies a day which comes no where near making even 60k. So that's a lie. They tell you their lead system is the best in the industry and you will get exclusive leads. Yet people will tell you they've been called by 4+ agents from one application they filled out, so that's a lie.
Pros
Get to work from home
Cons
Disappointment in what was sold on
February 16, 2017

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been making the compensation you expected, and I'm disheartened to hear that you're not where you'd like to be. Obviously our goal is to make every agent successful, and we are disappointed whenever an agent can't meet their income goals.

I would like to first point out that you stated around 20 people a day are closing 3+, and then you say that means "180 people are selling less than TWO policies a day", which is incorrect. Perhaps you meant to say that means "180 people are selling less than THREE a day", which is closer to correct. (Although you also did misstate the number of agents we have selling per day.) In fact, our average agent sells 1.9 policies a day, year round. That, plus our average cross sell rate, nets you just over $100,000 per year. In fact, the agents closing 3+ clients a day, with our average cross sell rate, are netting closer to $200,000 per year.

Without going into too much detail because this would be an even longer post: Our average health sale nets a commission to the agent of approximately $407 for the year. This includes the average of ACA vs. Short Term policies being sold, the average cross sell and the average retention rate. If you do the math, if an agent actually worked every business day of the year, they would make well over $100K a year. However, most agents obviously do not work every business day of the year. If you reach out to me personally, I'd love to go over an exact breakdown of our commissions in detail: ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com.

If you are not tracking $100,000 per year, you should  more... reach out to our sales management team to figure out what how they can help you get to that average closing and cross sell rate.

One last point- please remember that most clients don't only input their information on one website when shopping for insurance, because they think the more places they reach out, the more choices they'll get. We cannot control how many websites a client gets a quote from; we can only control the leads we generate ourselves, which are exclusive to us. If they are getting calls from other lead generation sites, they can mistakenly think they are all coming from the same source. Thank you for your feedback and please feel free to reach out to me through email to further discuss your concerns! -Alisha Leavelle

Wouldn't recommend overall
Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 10, 2017
They promise you get exclusive leads. Most of the customers say they put their info in one site and a whole bunch of agents called them. They bragged to me that 50% of their employees make over 100k. Last year as an outside sales agent I made 90k before that when I worked phone sales I made 100k 3 years in a row before I was laid off. I'm set at my pace to make 35k right now. Here I barely get one sale a day and they have a few reps showing they sell 4+ customers a day. I find it hard to believe with my sales background that I'm unable to pull barely 1 sale a day. I follow their sales process exactly as it was taught. They will tell you they don't send leads to certain people. But I find it hard to believe. You will get voicemails all day and if you are lucky to sell most people who tell you they want to sign up, they don't have money in their checking account. I'd say overall if you have nothing going on I guess go for it, but don't take a chance switching jobs if you are working and making decent/good money it isn't worth it.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Voicemails all day
March 15, 2017

Hi Agent! This review looks very similar to another review posted on here, so I'm wondering if it's the same agent. If so, please reach out to me personally to see if there's anything I can do to help. Obviously you are unhappy here, and that's so disappointing to hear. I'd love to set up some extra training, one on one with a sales manager, to see if there's something we can do to help you become more successful.

We obviously have a lot of successful agents here, and our average agent is making between $90-$120K. If you are tracking below that, then you are below average, and I'd like to see what we can do to get you above that. To be honest, if you're truthfully tracking below $50K, you're actually losing us money, based on the free leads, tech, training and support we provide. We don't start generating any revenue on an agent until they are tracking well above that, since our operating costs are so high. Because of our high level of commitment, we are very selective in our hiring process, and selective with the agents we choose to continue to support. I'd be very surprised to hear an agent who is working 40 hours a week is selling less than one to two sales per day during SEP. Usually agents who are struggling like that are pulled into trainings by our sales managers. As you know, we don't make money if you don't make money.

To reiterate, $35K a year is completely unacceptable, both for us as an organization and you as an agent. PLEASE reach out to your sales managers with your complaints. They enjoy helping agents become successful; that's their entire purpose. Or feel  more... free to email me directly so I can work on getting you more support and/or training ASAP! -Alisha Leavelle, ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com  less

Very Happy Working Here
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 27, 2016
I am very glad I found Ideal Concepts. As an experienced agent, they've been able to hit all of the check boxes on my list of what I'm looking for in a company. Great commissions, flexible working hours (I work whenever the heck I want!), good training, helpful management. They could use more support but I think because they are growing so quickly they are adding a lot of employees and will soon get to a point where it's easier to get support. Sometimes if I have a quick question, I know it won't get answered for an hour or two because there are so many agents. However, I've never had an "insurance emergency", so I just either call, text, email or go into a chat box the managers and someone helps me as soon as they can. The managers are helpful, supportive and knowledgeable. I feel like not only am I making more money because the compensation is better than it was at my last company,b ut also because my skills have gotten better. Also, I appreciate that they aren't just out there to make a buck. They actually want to sell good products to people, instead of just the one that makes the most money. My belief has always been if you sell good insurance and give good customer servive, the money will follow, and Ideal Concepts seems to have the same philosophy.
Pros
good training, products, commissions
Cons
need a little more support staff
Great Place to Learn
Licensed Agent (Current Employee) –  HomeDecember 7, 2016
Excellent place to learn and grow. You log in everyday and reach out to people. You don't have to chase lead, which is nice. Management is helpful. You have to stay motivated.
Pros
Positive and helpful environment
Great co-workers in a growing company
Assistant Medicare Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 28, 2016
Nice, kind and compassionate Co-Workers. Upper management needs some organization and an HR Department. Benefits are getting better. All in All Ideal is a rapidly growing company with a lot of good people. It just needs a few tweaks
Great company to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 7, 2016
Ideal Concepts is well organized company. My position is a virtual but the company provides good training and support. I learn new ways on how to get better on selling our products. I'm on the phones 8 hours a day which is the hardest part of doing my job. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I'm able to help clients with their medical needs and the gratitude I get from them.
Pros
Virtual
Cons
the indusrty is changing
Be careful
Remote agent (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAOctober 17, 2016
Be careful. These reviews will have you thinking it's an awesome job. Its awesome to work from home but that's it. The sales managers only help their favorites. It is difficult as a remote agent to even get someone to pick up the broker assistant line. The sales managers yell at you and laugh at you. They will also give your locked leads to other agents. I lost everything listening to their lies. I walked away from my company because it's captive. Now I'm at the food bank feeding my family. You are talking to voicemails and getting cursed out most of the day. Its possible to make great money but as a female, they don't give you a chance, you are going to have to work ten times as hard to get somewhere.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Sales management
November 2, 2016

I am so disappointed to read this! This is not what our company stands for or believes in. We pride ourselves in providing every single agent with a great opportunity. I know each of our three sales managers cares deeply about their brokers, and works diligently to help each individual agent succeed. Your success is their success, and your failure is also theirs.
In regards to locked leads, it is not the sales managers who make decisions there- we have an examination process conducted by our administrative manager to determine who really owns a lead. Locked leads are never passed to another agent without thorough investigation and a clear reason, and even that is very rare.
Please reach out to me at ALeavelle@IdealConcepts.com to discuss your concerns in more detail. Even if you are done working with us, I relish feedback that I can pass along to management.

I love this place and would recommend any serious sales professional try it out.
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 16, 2016
-Amazing and ongoing training/support
-Great comp.!! (Average $400 annually per client)
-Competitive yet "team" atmosphere
-Values agents, and acknowledges accomplishments (Top Ten lists, prizes, bonuses, Agent of the Month, etc.)
-Work from home, make your own hours
-30+ top carriers in 30 or so states across the country
-Awesome sales technology that is ever-evolving
-Encouraging and knowledgeable sales managers
-Super smart President/CEO who is very involved in the day to day operations and really cares about his business
-Highly developed and tested sales process- I mean, they literally thought of EVERYTHING
-Ever-expanding markets, carriers, even now they are branching into Medicare
-Top 25% of Inc. 5000 List for 2016
-Named "Business of the Year" for 2016
-CEO named "Top Forty under 40" for 2015
-#1 in individual health insurance sales for UnitedHealthcare nationwide in 2015 & 2016
Pros
See above list!!!
Cons
I would normally say "No room for growth" because agents usually stay agents, but another agent I know just moved into a National Sales Manager position for Medicare
Insurance Producer/salesman from home office (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 20, 2016
Ideal Concepts is the ideal place to work. Great salary, fun people, good atmosphere! The trainers are very good, and do all they can to help any and everyone succeed.
Pros
income potential, trainers, atmosphere
Cons
100% commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Concepts, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5