Position Description: Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Preventative and proactive maintenance on all databases and database servers.
2. Research upgrades and patches to the databases, database servers, applications, application servers, and install essential ones.
3. Monitor security and activity logs. Document and investigate irregularities and make improvements where needed.
4. Troubleshoot database and application performance problems.
5. Create and maintain security on the servers and databases.
6. Backup the Manager of IT Infrastructure, Network and Server Administrators as needed.
7. Work with various application vendors, departments, and end users to ensure most efficient use of database environment.
8. Special projects as directed by the Manager of IT Infrastructure.
Qualifications & Work Environment:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of windows server and network administration
- A demonstrated aptitude for learning technically advanced concepts
- Entry level SQL programming, security, database management, and architecture design required.
- Ability to monitor, tune-up, and troubleshoot environment performance and implement changes to make improvements.
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery methods and applications required.
- Ability to maintain reporting, alerts, and scheduled SQL DB jobs.
- Experience with web, application, and mobile application development and programming a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to explain instructions to people
- Motivation to solve problems quickly, but thoroughly as well as the ability to proactively and continuously look for potential ways to improve functionality and performance of the end users.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience as a customer focused and user advocate in a support role
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and one- two years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
IDEAL IMAGE is a premier global leader in laser hair removal and non-surgical cosmetic services operating through more than 120 locations in...