Ideal Image Employee Reviews

Proceed with Caution
Associate (Current Employee) –  CorporateJune 6, 2017
Ideal Image is not for anyone looking to advance their career. We are known for paying in the bottom percentile, and have an outstanding turnover rate. You will get free treatments, if you want them, and you may make great friends, but you will be overworked and underappreciated. There is yoga in the corporate office twice a week, but there is no time to go. 401(k) isn't matched, benefits are outrageous, and the we have lost so many amazing people over the last year. Upper management is out of touch and there are so many people who are always talking about leaving. Management would rather have new people come in and start over than have anyone who was there prior to them. HR does not have your back and employees are constantly in fear of taking surveys about the company and retaliation for speaking up about situations that arise.
Pros
Free treatments
Cons
No 401(k) match, Management is out of touch, High turnover, low pay
Unprofessional and poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 9, 2017
I did a shadow at the Raleigh location for an RN position. What I experienced was poor management and unprofessionalism. I was asked "off limit" questions like if I was married and if I had kids- not in a "getting to know" you tone. I was then told that the last employees left because of work/life conflict; i.e. had families.
Employees speak poorly of clients and I saw a women who came back after she got filler because it didn't look right (which it didn't, it looked terrible) and the nurse brushed it off and said she looked great. I would never recommend working at Ideal Image, I am so happy I got to shadow.
RN at Ideal
RN (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 9, 2017
Great workplace environment and exciting opportunities to learn about the aesthetic field. Was trained on all laser hair removal, cool sculpting, injectables and ultherapy.
I enjoyed learning the different modalities and working closelly with guests.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
I really enjoyed the laid back environment and the autonomy. It was also nice to only have to work a 4 day work week, however, some days were long. I also enjoyed performing treatments of LHR, coolsculpting, working with injectables.
Excellent Company and Culture
Director of Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 25, 2017
A typical day/week at Ideal Image is Tuesday through Saturday and an occasional evening for our "Ladies Night Out" events. We also participate in health fairs, radio spots and many charity events.
I consult with potential clients both male and female who are interested in improving their looks and assisting them with solutions which will enable them to achieve their best look through state of the art cosmetic non-surgical techniques.
Ideal Image uses a consultative sales approach and provides a tremendous amount of information about Laser Hair Removal and Aesthetic Facial treatments which are available to the prospective clients.
Owner is involved and truly cares about his staff. He provides incentive trips to staff and significant others when clinic goals are met and he is always available for new ideas and marketing strategy meetings.
The workplace culture is very family oriented and the team is supportive, high energy and totally committed to provide excellent service and treatments to everyone.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone who needs our services. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the transformation of our client's and the excitement of what has been achieved.
Great place to work when you're done working at a hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 8, 2017
You get to meet many clients, learn new aspects of aesthetic nursing, great working environment and fosters team atmosphere.
As with any job, if you have a good manager, you will love your job! However, poor managers can foster a negative environment. I love meeting new guests and helping them feel better about themselves. I feel that if you are loyal to this company, they will be loyal to you. Good pay, good opportunities for bonus.
Pros
Upbeat and team atmosphere, opportunities for bonuses
Cons
Work most Saturdays, very little room for advancement for registered nurses
I recommend against.
GSC (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 30, 2017
You do not want to work in Guest Services here. You are not treated well. In a typical day you will have about 300 tasks to complete, all while the sales consultant leaves (while on the clock) or takes a nap in their office. You're working nonstop. The pay isn't great, especially considering the amount of work you do. The hours vary all the time, and they changed hours twice while I was here & just expect you to make it happen. Nobody at the company is really invested in you as a person - they don't' care. The hardest part of the job is working SO HARD with no appreciation.
Pros
discount and free services
Cons
no break (but having to clock out for one), terrible management, dictator sales consultants, no room to move, no one cares about you
Depends on which center you are at
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Like the title says, if you are able to get on with a center that as an attainable goal and has a large enough facility to treat the volume of guests, then it is awesome. If you get a center that is the opposite you are in trouble.
Pros
a free cosmetic procedure
Cons
stressful environment
Love the field
GSC/Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Seems like things always changing when it comes to policy and structure. I learned a lot in sales but there isn't room for growth in my region.
Pros
Bonuses and goals
Cons
Sometimes goals arent met and you dont make money
Great Co-Workers
Guest Services Consultant Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 5, 2017
Busy day in the office! But when you enjoy your time with the ones you work with, the time seems to fly! Sometimes there's too much responsibly and no credit for my position here, but if I don't do the work, then who is?
Pros
No Management
Cons
No Managment
Young and enthusiastic employees.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 19, 2016
Staff is always ready to learn and open to new ideas.
Employer is actively engaged in leading edge aesthetic procedures.

Employees are ready to learn in engaged in providing high quality customer service.
Pros
A lot of education available
Stay Away
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2016
They promise alot and leave you holding the bag. No support, you are on your on to figure out how to keep money coming in for them but they dont support your efforts to do so.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Regional Director is a joke, demeaning and condescending.
great coworkers and guests, awful management and company.
Treatment Provider (RN) (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 5, 2016
Great coworkers and guests. Management leaves much to be desired. Minimal usage of actual nursing skills. No room for career advancement or promotion.
Pros
pay, coworkers, free treatments
Cons
greedy company, job security, uninvolved management which occasionally intervenes with micro-management
Terrible place to work
Guest services consultant (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJuly 13, 2016
Awful place to work. The LSC was a horrible person to work with. Constantly talked bad about the guest and always put the providers and gsc's down. Management in general doesn't exist with this company. Its a joke really. And they always take pride that they are a "full medical facility" but yet half the time what the medical professional assess the guests at it doesn't matter because the LSC is going to sell whatever she can to make more money in her pocket.. She was always out for herself very greedy!!
Cons
Too many to list!!
Ideal Image
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2016
Was one of the best company's i have ever worked for. They make sure you are happy and create the necessary environment for you to grow within.
good
Registered Nurse, Laser Treatment Provider (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 5, 2016
Great management. Hours could be better. Better for people who are quick and good with people. Must have a lot of patience.
Worst Place To Work
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 27, 2016
I felt like a slave working 8:30am-9pm (open-close) 6 days out of week with only one day off. You do not get proper training. Felt like a chicken running around with my head cut off. You don't get the same respect from co workers because they been there 2-3+ Not fair at all. No one works as a team. Management is never around so everyone thinks they're boss. No structure at all due to lack of staff commutation and teamwork. No one was genuine. Always had to reschedule guest or cancel appointment after they spent thousands for treatments. Turn people away if they were only 15 mins late. Overall working for this company was ridiculous. Not worth the stress.
Official response from Ideal Image
December 15, 2016

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time working for Ideal Image. In order to make sure all of our associates enjoy an excellent work environment we encourage feedback from all our associates. Currently we are adding Center Managers in all of our centers. This extra layer of management will improve both the associate and guest experience.

Positive Environment, Team oriented, Strong Communication skills,
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43219April 18, 2016
Typical day would include checking daily emails, answering phone calls, checking guest in and out, scheduling guest appointments, medical terminology, interact daily with guest so strong customer service skills, filing, scanning charts.
Pros
team players, on going education, positive environment
Cons
Scheduling issues, need another center, super busy location for columbus
Cosmetic nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2016
Only work 4 days a weeks, commission and bonuses. The guest's want to be there. Training on different cosmetic services.
Pros
One free service a year
Cons
Short staffed
Don't bother
Consultant/ Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 29, 2016
This company could care less about you as an employee whether you do good or bad. I became a top seller within two months working there and they still treated me like I was in debt to the company. HR is a joke, they send emails using slang. They change the schedule without notice, they over pack the guest schedule so there is no chance for a break (even though they mandate you take one and will still clock you out!) and paid training is a joke. They send you at least 4 hrs of training modules to complete before your 1st day.This is the only job I have ever held that I actually feel like I need to warn strangers about!
Pros
You and your coworkers will bond over how much you hate this place!
Cons
Oh there are way too many to list!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ideal Image. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8