IDEAL Employee Reviews in United States

i like working there
Front End (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2016
It gives me the experience that I always dreamed of. the environment is great, the customers were nice, the managers too, but what I missed the most is the fun that I had
big divide between factory workers and management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Only interned, but I noticed a big divide between the line workers and the supervisors. Line workers don't receive as much credit as they should.
Productive and funny environment
Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  West Burlington IowaJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work, I would get given my tasks to work for the day. I could be told to clean up the entire office and shop, or another day I'm given 3 trucks with problems in them and told to have them fixed by a certain day and time. I was also given tasks to go to different stores and buy parts for trucks and machinery. I learned so much, which is great because it can get me ahead of the other people in my college classes because I will have real life experience.The hardest part of the job was probably the heat, otherwise I loved every part of this job. My favorite part of the job was getting to know my co-workers and be a small part of something big.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Heat
talking with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gordon, NEApril 19, 2015
i really like working there because of the customers and some of the coworkers they were fun to work with and the hours were good
Construction
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clayton, OHMarch 3, 2015
It has helped in the knowledge of hand tools. It has also allowed me to travel and see different areas. I enjoyed working with the guys that were on my crew. In a typical day at work, we did a lot of framing.
Very professional
Small Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 26, 2014
A very organized and professional environment. Owner is polished with excellent customer service skills. Clients feel at ease knowing they are in good hands.
Pros
open to new opportunities / great people skills
Excellent co workers
Middle School Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2014
Ideal lacked adequate materials and administrative support. Often schedules and requirements changed at a moments notice.

I taught 3 different grade levels, 6, 7, and 8th. 2 classes each of 6th and 7th graders and one 8th grade class. I taught the Earth Sciences standards to 6fh grade, the Life Sciences to the 7th graders and Chemistry/Physics to 8th grade. The school day ran from 8:15 to 3:45 Mon thru Friday. There was a staff of 6 middle school teachers. I had an hour of planning and 1/2 hour for lunch.

I learned to prioritize my time and to compartmentalize my efforts. I also sharpened my classroom management and organizational skills. We were trained in the use of the Smart Board. I also became adept at developing curriculum and content for the 3 different levels.

My co-workers and I spent at least 2 hours at the end of the day planning instructional strategies, given our population that included 50 percent special needs students. We would have monthly pot luck afternoon meals.Everyone was professional and collegial.

Management was emotionally supportive yet inept when it came to future planning and communication. While I had freedom to instruct, I did not get notices on last minute changes to my schedule or the schools implementation of polices or events.

The hardest part of the job was planning 3 lessons a day, 5 days a week with no curriculum, text books, supplies, or content.

The most enjoyable part was the freedom to deliver instruction in an innovative manner and my relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
lack of materials and support.
Ideal Services Corp was great place to work.
Commissary Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, ColoradoFebruary 10, 2014
Everyday was a challenge due to the nature of the business, fresh cold food vending machines was always a challenge. Finding new menu ideas was always fun, meeting specific customer request could prove quite interesting as the products had to fit a cold food vending machine.
Pros
excellant family values
Cons
early morning shifts
creative work place where you could grow in skills and responsibility
sanding technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia,TNJanuary 23, 2014
begin the day with reviewing the work order. stock the truck with materials for the days assignment. travel to our work location and prep the floors. sanding usually began with a rough grade sand paper unless the floors were newly installed, then we either fine sanded or started a very extensive buffing of the floors. once all sanding was complete we prepped for the sealer or stain depending on the customers request. once we sealed/stained the floors this would end our day. the hardest part of my day was staining the floors as you know there's only one real way to apply stain, that's on your hands and knees rubbing on and wiping up. the most enjoyable part would be looking at the finished product.
Pros
others enjoying my craftsmanship
Cons
staining 1500 sq ft everyday for weeks at times
fun work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILMarch 19, 2013
great place to work with friendly employees. great managers and hr.
Pros
great place
very well rounded environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 7, 2012
productive well structured place to work. Fast pace environment keeps you busy at all times .

i learned at lot from the shipping and receiving aspect to order pulling,packing , forklift, cherry picker, etc.
Pros
being well rounded in the company
Cons
i think the work you do should speak for you
worked there 7 years
Designer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 3, 2012
Sucked.....Long hours, Bad pay. you couldn't pay me enough to work there again
Cons
everything, worse job of my professional career
Varied duties - not boring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 20, 2012
New to the area; co-workers friendly. After 9 months able to cut back to part-time.
Pros
busy - time passed
Cons
healthcare provided; vacation
it was a wonderful experience
cashier, stock up, sales person, security (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2012
It was indeed a great experience I had. yes I worked my self those hrs but its all about persistent and time management. the people were good to me and well respected to the customers . it was an interesting job just say. I learned a lot.
Pros
ddiscounts, service, the people, the accuracy, the managers off both departments
Cons
long hrs . not enough sleep or managing time
flexible office job
Sales Coordinator/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  morganville, NJSeptember 3, 2012
i worked mostly from home and used the computer and phone to do most of my projects. i had meetings once a week with sales reps to discus there sales and there sale production. i was in charge of payroll, installations, tech issues, and storing sales info. became adapt at excel
Pros
work from home, salary based
Cons
terrible management