Company is a premier developer of performance analysis, automated operations and systems management tools for HP NonStopâ„¢ systems. Through an alliance with HP, Idelji designs, develops and supports products currently in use by hundreds of major companies throughout the world. Company is located in Los Angeles near UCLA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Testing and validation of application software
- Development and maintenance of test plans
- Bug tracking and reporting
- Software configuration management (QA and Production)
- Prepare/proof and finalize product and technical documentation
- Some monitoring of production applications
- Bachelors degree in MIS/CS and/or 1-2 years experience in software quality assurance, application development or database administration
- Proficient working knowledge of client/server, web technologies, and server maintenance and support
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Proficient working knowledge of QA methodologies
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be a team player
- Understanding of automated testing tools and technologies is highly desirable
Brief Job Description
Responsible for analyzing functional specifications and technical documents in order to write and execute test cases, test scripts and test plans. The position is more than just performing traditional QA functions. This position will require a high degree of technical aptitude which includes the configuration management of the QA and Production environments in the areas of hardware, operating system configuration and maintenance, database administration, and other operational duties. Requires expertise in MSWord, Excel and Visio experience, be very PC savvy and have a very good understanding of MS Windows based software development tools and environments. Experience testing client server and/or Web based applications is required. Experience maintaining content on Web sites using HTML is highly desirable. Experience with other presentation and Web based tools (e.g. Wordpress is a plus. Experience or training on HP's NonStop development tools is also a plus.