Identity Employee Reviews

Free working space and friendly enviornment
DTP Freelance (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 8, 2015
Big company with large office space in mid-town Manhattan. People sit anywhere they want with their laptop. The food court within the office is so convenience.
Pros
free soda, coffee and snapple
Cons
chair missing from working space
Helping Others
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my work is helping youth and their families with case management and teaching and helping youth academically and in their development,
Cons
workinga lot of extra time
Working with youth this was one of the best prevention programs I have ever been a part of.
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gatihersburg, Md.October 1, 2014
As Youth Counselor I was assigned four different High schools in the Gaithersburg area. I was responsible for the recruiting and running of the program. Also the evaluation of each student, having 25 members in each group. After the evaluation I would make a decision for the referral of student to services if needed.
The curriculum was already established but at times needed some revisions depending on the group needs and benefit. The model was one of prevention but in some cases intervention was required.
The planning of the daily activities, collecting materials for the session and documenting the prior session was done in the morning and in the afternoon after school I would travel with one assistant to the school to do the next activity. The activities were group sessions educating the students on Substance Abuse issues, Pier pressure, family relations, self-discovering tools, decision making, Gang prevention, goal setting and community involvement. During the summer months Identity also had sessions that involved a one week camping trip that engaged the students physically and mentally in team building activities.
I build very strong relationships with he students. I was blessed to be able to witness many accomplishes with these students as graduations, beginnings of careers and futures that were meaningful and lasting.
Pros
being a part and witnessing the changes of at risk-young that entered the program.
Cons
accepting that not all youth made healthy decisions and seeing the consequences of that.
Great for my first non profit position
Youth Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  takoma park, mdJuly 24, 2014
I started working here straight out of college. In fact there are many young co workers within this non-profit. The organization is currently going through some changes which makes it a little frustrating to have to continuously change tasks but overall the organization is a great place to work as it is one big family.
ok place to start a career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  columbus, OhJanuary 15, 2014
good place to start a career, I like the freedom to call on accounts
Pros
good place to work
Cons
health care
Worked while I was in school
FX Artist / Compositor / Lighter (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 11, 2013
These guys were great in terms of giving me the opportunity to work in a feature film. I intern as an FX artist and a compositor. The hardest part of this job was coming up with economical effects that would save time and look good for the final outcome.
A different experience that helped developed different perspectives
Youth Development Worker, Mentor, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDDecember 29, 2012
This was a great job experience to learn about students beyond the classroom setting. It was also a great opportunity to explore ideas on how to approach their lives and help drive them to become motivated successful.

A day at work started by going over the plan for the day to carry out with the students. Making phone contacts for different types of aid. Contacting students' parents to discuss their child's progress or needs they were presenting. Entering and documenting information pertaining the students we were working with. Discussing important cases that required help with the case manager.
Positive, challenging, and most rewarding place to work.
Shipper (Former Employee) –  6025 Labath Ave., Rohnert Park, CA 95428July 12, 2012
After becoming forklift certified I loaded and unloaded trucks. After 6 months I became a forklift trainer. I packaged interior graphics and wall designs. I utilized a pallet jack to move materials into and onto metal beams. I called and recorded price quotes from different shipping vendors. I learned how to operate a forklift and certify others to use a forklift. The manager was there to teach me everything I needed to know to be able to perform my job correctly. He worked alongside and was training me to replace him, as he was preparing to retire. My manager was my only co-worker. The hardest part of the job was customizing pallets and boxes various shipping materials. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating the pallets and boxes.
Pros
weekly pizza parties for excellent safety practices.
Cons
receiving returns from customers due to shipping procedures, as many times the merchandise was damaged.
Bar
Bartender (Former Employee) –  511 East 6Th Street New York,N.Y.June 26, 2011
This bar is okay-good if you want nice mixed drinks.This bar is also good if you would want to have a good time drinking.This place offers conversational times with your new and old buddies.