IDEXX LABORATORIES

IDEXX LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Atlanta Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: hard to advace within company
Productive place to work, laid back atmosphere, friendly co-workers, management has realistic goals for employees, tough to advance within the company
great place to work
Specimen Processing Supervisor (Current Employee), Totowa, NJJuly 28, 2015
great, friendly culture
Its a pretty laid back work environment. I have learned quite a bit since I have started working there. It is a nice place to grow as a person.
You can feel good about what you are doing because it is good work.
CORNERSTONE FIELD SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 11, 2015
Improves the lives of people and their pets. Environmentally responsible. Great benefits. This is a top of the line employer.
Supportive Strong Company
Field Support Representative (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Online collaboration does not allow for face to face with coworkers
Satellite employee
Consistently changing
Open to new ideas
Good Company to work at if you dont mind working GY and rotating Sats
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), West SacramentoJuly 2, 2015
Pros: PTO, shift diff, bonuses, annual pay raise
Cons: schedule
Co workers are nice and friendly.
Very fast paced environment which I have no problem with
Great shift diff pay and PTO hours
Nice place to work
IQA Tech II (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEJune 26, 2015
Great Company but lacking visibility
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEJune 22, 2015
In the years that I have been with IDEXX, we have taken a left turn off the path that many had believed the company was going. The idea of promoting from within has left the window and there's a really push to hire from the outside. This has made the climb of employees difficult as there is no longer a clear path of advancement with most opportunities going to outside applicants...
Don't waste your time.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), North Grafton, MAJune 19, 2015
Pros: You get paid
Cons: no breaks, no job security, negative environment
I worked for this company in accessioning for about two months. I worked a minimum of 40 hours a week. I was never allowed to take my two 15-minute breaks because the manager said we were too busy.

I had to sit at my desk for hours without a break. If I got up, I felt like I was being timed as to how long I was gone. I watched three people get fired and three other people abandoned the job completely without notice.

If you have an education, you are wasting it in this department. Other departments look happy and motivated- not accessioning.
Hard work is rewarded ten fold!
Histotechnian II (Current Employee), Grafton, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, great benefits, opportunity to improve current skills and to learn new skills.
Cons: Days can be long if you are not prepared to work!
Idexx is very busy, very fast paced, and I love it! Everyone pitches in and works hard to get the job done. Management is supportive and hard work does reap its benefits. The day flies by. The environment in the lab is very busy - but also very friendly. I love it here and wouldn't consider working anywhere else ☺️
Work is fast pace no room for errors, all test must ordered correctly, follow all SOP
Specimen Processor 2 (Current Employee), Totowa, New JerseyJune 11, 2015
On busy days we processed around 2500 to 3000 samples a night. Work is fast pace and need to meet TAT everyday or it gives a negative impression from Management. Co workers are good although they I need to show how to follow instruction in the computer which where our work are relied on. Learned a lot in processing samples that needs to go to other labs, batching, packing procedures. The hardest part of the job is meeting TAT everyday specially if we are understaff and needs to process STAT samples required by the clients.
No work life balance, Managers burn you out for production.
Digital Imaging Engineer (Former Employee), Westbrook, MaineJune 5, 2015
Travel every week to multiple locations around the country. Leave on sunday return on Friday. Train medical staff and physicians in how to utilize Idexx practice management software.
Very busy place.
Sr. Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
This place is not meant for you if you are looking for laid back place. Has good benefit package and vacation and sick time.
OK but Needs improvement
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Totowa, NJMay 29, 2015
Pros: Overnight hours, pay, independence
Cons: constant (required) overtime, short breaks, lack of training, lack of management, no confidentiality
Staff lacks through training and even minimum supervision so results are not always reliable. Overtime is nearly required because management won't allow staff to leave work unfinished. A job for the true workaholic. Not family or relationship friendly, management does not care what your priorities are outside of work or those you have to care or provide for.
Fast pace environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Elmhurst ILMay 6, 2015
Pros: there is always work to do
Cons: Short breaks, only one Saturday off a month
Management only cares about turn around time. Lack empathy for employees. When hired you are told you will be expected to work every other Saturday; which is not true. Try more like working three to four Saturdays before you get one off.
Great for student employees
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
I enjoyed working here as a laboratory assistant. My manager at the time was very flexible with my schedule. I was able to work while earning my degree from SWTCC.
Progressive company.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE II (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEApril 21, 2015
Pros: Health and wellness facilities, good benefits packages
Attention needed to management skill sets. Wonderful, cooperative group of co-workers, rather supportive. More transparency needed within upper management.
BAD WORKPLACE
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Poor managemnt
IDEXX has bad management but overall is a good company.
Pays ok and has good benefits. It was nice working there and the employees are ok. Very compact not a lot of area to work.
Very Nice Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEApril 15, 2015
IDEXX was a fantastic place to work as a temporary employee. The atmosphere was pleasant and fun and the managers were a part of this. Very professional and respectful employees. Was sad to get to the end of my assignment.
Same as previous answer
Area Instrument Manager (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Guiding, Managing, Leading, Growing
Cons: none
My advancement as a Diagnostic Practice Consultant, allowed me to help manage 10 Diagnostic Practice Consultants, as an Area Instrument Manager. Experience was a wonderful teacher, as I helped these new representatives, become stable, growing, salesman.
Horrible environment/ great benifits
Specimen Processor I (Former Employee), Memphis,TNMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: micromanaging and horrible coworkers
The moral is extremely low and the management is horrible. There is an extreme amount of micromanaging and the coworkers are kind at first but they quickly turn against anyone trying to move forward. All of the blame comes back to the processor and write ups are quick to come by. There are a lot of unnecessary and unfair rules that do not protect the employee. I found the job to be uncomfortable and unstable. There is the looming feeling that you are easily replaced and any moment is a chance to get fired. The only good part is the pay and benifits but that doesn't fix the harsh reality that this is the worst place to work.
Headquarters