IDEXX Laboratories Employee Reviews

Bottom of the barrel
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 12, 2018
If you need a full time job with little to no experience this is the place. The culture is terrible and I’ve watched people purposely sabotage others, this includes management. There’s little room for advancement, and the hours are terrible. It’s a dead end job that has a high turn over, and almost everyone is miserable there. But if you need a quick in between this could work, but absolutely not a long term or career type of job.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, management, schedule
a typical day at work with idexx
Courier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 10, 2018
a typical day at work with idexx is you have a set start time and you have to get to each stop at a timely but safe manner . you are in total control of your day and how it goes, I really enjoyed being my own boss but making money as a typical employee would,
Big pkace but not enough administration.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 19, 2017
Working is good over there you can have challenge of your life they have lot of opportunity but the Administration isn't able to give you access to achieve your goal.
Great Job Security and job culture
clean and orderly (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHDecember 17, 2017
I have been with Idexx for about 14 years now and still going strong. A lot of great team work and a lot of opportunities for growth advancement. It can be very challenging but with great focus and team effort it can be pulled off in a timely manner in releasing great results to clients on time. I enjoy a lot of the great benefits that come with this company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short staffed
Great Place to Work
Immunology Technician I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2017
Idexx was a great place to work if you are ok with the hours ( 2am-10:30am) Crew was friendly and management was nice. Offered decent benefits, pto hours were given up front.
Pros
great pay, fun environment
Cons
work hours
Good benefits; management needs improvement
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 4, 2017
The benefits are really good and pay not bad. However, the management is not very good. Positions promised that you will never get. If you throw people under the bus you stand a better chance of getting a better position. They will work you to death and not much of a break. Overtime hours are expected and extra work not appreciated. Current manager makes for an unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Benefits, experience
Cons
Manager, little or no breaks, overworked daily, unfilled promises
Great place to learn about billion dollar global company
Practice Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 26, 2017
Very good sales training; great resources to help you do your job; best practices were openly shared; lots of tenured and experienced people to learn from.
Pros
Top company in it's field.
Cons
Tough but achievable goals.
Relaxed Environment and they treat their employees well
Data Services Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 24, 2017
Idexx is a good company to work for, there just is not any room for growth or advancement in the department that I work in. The job also involves a lot of sitting and staring at a computer screen all day long.
I enjoyed the job itself, tremendously. it was fun especially if you love animals.
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 24, 2017
I worked under the table. My roommate was elderly but needed to work so he was the real employee. He drove while I did the rest of the work. The manager knew and was fine with him. But the manager took the work from workers in which they needed and did himself paying other employees to put the hours in their pays so he wouldn't get in trouble. It had its ups and downs
Pros
meeting new people and visiting the animals.
Cons
no breaks and no benefits or vacation.
It was a good place to work very laid back
Production Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 20, 2017
It could be ran better management wise. The communication skills through chain of command is very poor. The growth opportunities within the company could be better as well
Great company, tough to advance
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MENovember 9, 2017
The company is probably the best total package in Maine, but hard to move up or change roles. The rest of the company is very different from the Customer Support/Inside Sales and would provide a lot more flexibility in scheduling. Additionally, salaries in other departments are more commensurate with experience.
productive
Assembler team (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MENovember 8, 2017
Wasn't bad at all. had a good working environment. got along wit other coworkers and did my job. There was no scrutiny and it was relaxed yet productive.
Pros
relaxed and productive
Cons
alittle distanced from home
Experience is based on which location you work at
Medical Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 2, 2017
Overall, Idexx is a good place to work. The benefits and pay is good. Some locations have a poor management/employee morale. The work atmosphere is fast pace and can be stressful some times.
Benefits
Cons
Low morale
One of my favorite jobs
Specimen Processor/Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2017
This was a temporary job and most all of the employees were awesome to work with, the only problem I had was a supervisor who felt threatened by my quick advancement. I would definitely recommend this job to someone who I felt was qualified.
Great Company, Tough Culture
Corporate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEOctober 29, 2017
IDEXX is a brilliant company with outstanding strategic positions. It also has outstanding facilities, including a gym and very nice dining. However, the culture is competitive and a bit bureaucratic.
Pros
International, Great Facilities
Cons
Competitive Culture
Great place
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MEOctober 26, 2017
Very good work environment & great culture. Love the benefits IDEXX provides. I work with a great group of team members. They value so many things including the life of pets.
Stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2017
Very much a micro management way of management. Expected to work long hours and many weekends.

Had a nice training program. Military style of management. I thrive in a macro management style of management.
Pros
Training
Cons
Management Style
Productive and fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2017
Idexx was one of my favorite places to work great coworkers climate control building the hours management made sure everyone ways treated everyone the same from regular employees to the temps it was a real family environment
Pros
Employee give a ways
Cons
Short lunches
Unique work experience
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST I (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 23, 2017
Varying work, goes from high pressure and fast paced to very slow towards the end of the shift. Management is terrible in our area but not necessarily in every department. Excellent benefits, enjoyable coworkers. Like most things in life, is as good as you choose to make it.
Pros
Excellent benefits, regular breaks on the job, lots of PTO
Interesting w/ Good Benefits
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 21, 2017
Great Pay and Benefits. It's amazing what you can learn and what you are doing for patients. The company itself is great- one of the best I've worked for. Laid back but gets the work done properly & efficiently with great customer service.
Pros
Benefits, Schedule, Management
Cons
N/a