IDI Distributors Employee Reviews

No recognition for DC Managers
DC Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2015
When you perform 6-8 different jobs and then yours there is no time to get everything done. Inconsistent and Poor communication from Corporate Office and Branch Managers on various situations!! They are just worried about numbers and dollars for their resumes, not the actual worker bees.
Cons
No time for lunch, Doctor appts
Day To Day work
DC Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Up beat work place with a friendly team of co workers.
IDI is a fast growing company in the residential and commercial building world. IDI has a great future ahead for the company and Employees.
They really care about their employees
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonJune 15, 2015
IDI offers opportunities for career advancement. Good benefit package. IDI cares about their employee home and personal life and provides summer hours on Fridays allowing the branches to close one hour early. The organization is full of knowledgeable and friendly support staff at our corporate office. IDI provides a fast paced work environment which in turn makes the days go by fast. Overall this is a great place to work and call "home". I look forward to growing and working for IDI for a long time.
Pros
casual friday's, summer work hours on Friday's, flexilble schedule to allow for personal appointments, friendly support staff at corporate office, fast paced work
Cons
Salary a little low
June 16, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience and reviewing our company IDI Distributors. We appreciate the kind words! IDI strives to create an environment that allows its employees to have a good work/life balance and we're happy to hear this is what you're experiencing. We continue to expand on the ways we support work/life balance and are excited for you to see what's in store.

We recognize commitment, dedication and loyalty. It is taken into consideration for the end of the year reviews, which provide the potential for a salary increase. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure it will be rewarded.Thank you again for taking the time to review IDI and we're grateful to have you on the team!

Service Driven, Family-Oriented Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MNJune 12, 2015
IDI Distributors is an excellent company to work for as the management team ensures each member feels appreciated as contributors to success. A top-notch benefit package, work/life balance resources, and training opportunities are provided to all full-time employees. Customer service, both externally and internally, is vitally important and at the core of the business. The company continues to grow exponentially so the workload can be overwhelming at times; however, the growth is managed well through teamwork and effective planning.
Pros
Strong commitment to employees and customers alike, excellent benefit package, active and dedicated management team, training and advancement opportunities, knowledgeable industry experts
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times
June 15, 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our company, IDI Distributors. I'm glad to hear that you feel appreciated and recognized for your commitment to IDI. The company's increasing work load reflects how quickly the company is growing. It is employees like you that make IDI's growth possible. Thank you for recognizing our dedicated management team. We appreciate your feedback and hope for many more years of service from you here at IDI!

Productive and fast paced
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 4, 2015
Family oriented work environment. Friendly staff who work as a team. They are very helpful when assistance is needed to complete a task.
June 15, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our company IDI Distributors. Nothing is better than having a great team to work with. The comradery that you're experiencing is exactly what we like to see. IDI is able to meet deadlines and be productive because of team members like you who work value teamwork. We pride ourselves on our family environment and appreciate your contribution. Glad to have you on the team and thanks again for the review!

Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FloridaDecember 3, 2014
The deliveries and the job are actually pretty good. Lousy management and the HR Department very unprofessional. The part time driver will never get the hours they promise. But the full time driver will get overtime. They call you in at 5am and at 7am you will be done.The pay is lousy and the Jax branch will lie right to your face. Worst company i ever worked for. The company is self centered around itself and they could care less about you. Good Luck.

P.S.
They will tell you 20-30 hours a week. lol
Pros
Trucks are decent.
Cons
Lousy pay, lousy management, unfair practices, 10-15 hours a week.
June 15, 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience at IDI. It is important for our company to understand where and how we can improve. We strive to prevent bad experiences and your review will highlight how we can do that.

Our part time positions vary from branch to branch. The hours are dependent on the weekly work load and season. We will improve on clearly communicating this to future PT drivers. Our Management and HR teams place an importance on the best interest of the employee and I'm sorry to hear you did not experience this. I assure you our company will utilize your feedback to make sure all our employees feel appreciated and cared about.

Local driving
Class B Delivery Driver/Trainer/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Sharon, MASeptember 24, 2014
*Local New England Driving
*Great co-workers
* Not the same day twice is the best part
*Hardest part is warehouse is not organized
Pros
Great guys to work with, home every night
Cons
too early start, warehouse unorganized, poor benefits
June 15, 2015

Thanks for your feedback on our company, IDI Distributors. Our Boston team is a fantastic team to be part of! We're glad you enjoy the Delivery Driver position and are able to adapt to the unique workload of each day.

We are continuously researching how we can improve our benefits and wellness initiatives. We hope that you reach out to your HR team to discuss how they can help you get the most out of your benefits and make adjustments that meet your needs. Thank you again for the review!

Great learning experience, tough market, great product
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2014
Overall it was a good company to work for, not much support from the management team, not sure why, but working there made me force myself to be more creative with my selling skills, extremely resilient when a customer told me no, and to build a tough skin and a positive attitude that showed me that I can accomplish anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDI Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8