Idle Games is looking for a hands-on Senior DevOps Engineer to join our awesome team of DevOps experts.
This is an excellent fit for a talented engineer who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment. Our DevOps team is excited to meet a highly skilled technical candidate that’s challenge-driven and capable of adapting quickly to master new tools and framework in a matter of days. You and the DevOps team will work efficiently to build and maintain our high-capacity, high-performance cloud infrastructure in order to meet the demand of Idle Games’ future objectives. With the DevOps team, you will collaborate alongside our software engineering team and product team to design, deliver and implement our highly ambitious yet successful product.
What product, you may ask?
Right now, Idle Games has further demonstrated its commitment to quality by delivering one of the highest rated online poker games on the market called Fresh Deck Poker. We are proud of the response we’ve received in the gaming industry from our fans, notable gaming bloggers, journalists, and experts (Check out what the press is saying about us at idle-gaming.com). Our game is currently available on Facebook, iPhone and iPad. Our incredible engineers are working hard to meet the demand to promptly release our games (and upcoming projects) across multiple platforms, which is why we are looking for a truly outstanding candidate who is eager to help strengthen our teams’ efforts and help to meet our Company’s exciting goals.
In order to fulfill the responsibilities for this position, our new Senior DevOps Engineer will require experience and qualifications in the following:
- Expert in configuration management frameworks (e.g. Puppet, Cfengine, Chef)
- Expert in using the nix command line, power tools, and sh/ksh/bash scripting
- Expert in configuring and managing enterprise monitoring and resource tracking systems (e.g. Nagios, Munin, Zabbix, Ganglia)
- Expertise with firewall applications (PF / IPTables)
- Expertise in using and managing source code management systems (e.g. Subversion, Mercurial, Git)
- Expertise in a high-level language like Python or Ruby.
- Architect, implement, scale server and network infrastructure to support high growth rates
- Hands-on scripting background (Bourne/Korn Shell, Python/Fabric, make/Makefiles)
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions like MongoDB and Redis
- In depth knowledge of Network and Application security principles and practices
- High competence with network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, cabling, etc.
- Be a nix expert and be able to reflexively use the command line to perform complex tasks
- Use SCM reflexively and diligently check in code, configurations, documentation and recipes
- SQL database administration experience a strong plus
- Thorough familiarly with Debian/Ubuntu Linux and/or Free/OpenBSD
- Experience using Amazon Web Services API (or other cloud/bare metal control API)
Think this might be you? Great!
Email us at: recruiting (@) idle-games (DOT) com
About Idle Games:
Until now, social games haven’t realized the promise of being truly “social”. Idle Games is changing that via products inextricably and uniquely integrated into the social graph. Idle Games is a small company with big goals, geared toward delivering visually-stunning popular games all while challenging the social gaming industry in setting higher standards of development and production values. Our teams consist of smart, unique, success-driven individuals who possess an incredible amount of experience and talent. Together, their strive for innovation and quality have contributed to the several praises and accolades Idle Games has received thus far (feel free to check out our collection of continuous press over the last 3+ years at http://www.idle-games.com/press). We are excited for the opportunity to add an awesome and talented candidate as a valuable addition to this amazing team.
Why Idle Games?:
Idle Games’ office is located in the heart of the tech industry, in the SOMA neighborhood of lovely San Francisco, CA. You can get to our office from anywhere, convenient by Bart, Muni, bus, and Caltrain, all accessible by walking or bike. We are just blocks away from Yerba Buena Gardens, Union Square, and South Park. We are surrounded by lots of great places to eat, fun bars, shops, and can easily catch a movie or listen to great music nearby. It’s seldom boring around here.
Idle Games full time employees are entitled to an extensive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and commuter benefits. Our office is equipped with an arcade cabinet with hundreds of games, an Xbox with Rock Band, and other gaming consoles. All employees get to enjoy our stocked fridge full of sugary drinks and red bull, our pantry full of salty and sweet snacks, our delicious beer fridge, and a variety of deliciously prepared dinners served 4 nights a week. We do our best to keep you well caffeinated, hydrated and fed while you’re being productive.
Idle Games is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact from recruiters NOT ok. Candidate must respond on their own behalf. No phone calls please, email only. Only candidates who submit qualifying submissions will be contacted.