Ids Employee Reviews

Mobile tech
FLEET MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Wish I did not have to move. Great place!. Great job training! Owner will take time to train you on engines and repairs. Clean mobile trucks to work out of. Small company but great company to work for.
Budget Cuts
Lead, Residential Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, CTAugust 22, 2017
Committed a 100% to my clients and job. Became displaced when funding was cut.I managed 6 staff 24 hr living arrangement. Dealt with challenging behaviors.Experienced first hand how having good staff can improve a persons quality of life, enabling them to reach their goals
Pros
a chance to make a difference
Cons
no benefits
Great coworkers and enjoyed the work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2017
Government mail facility. Sorted inserted and metered mail from various state agency's. Also did business card shipping and FedEx, UPS & USPS shipping.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Loved the job, but boss was hard to deal with
Demolition Worker (Current Employee) –  AlleganAugust 3, 2017
Love the work, tearing stuff down and enjoyed the coworkers, hard work but good work. Just thought boss wasn't honest enough with us promised things that he never delivered, and treated us pretty bad sometimes. I loved the job and didmy job 100 percent and came to work ready to work and help coworkers when needed
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Being yelled at
good work place
Installer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2017
I loved the environment everyone is friendly and welcoming they pay well and give good hours. I say it a job worth waking up to in the morning to get the day started because im always in different areas and on the move.
Pros
they worked with my schedule
Cons
just being in hot areas
Deicer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2017
Is a great job for someone who dont have a car or reliable transportation because the guys that work in the company can pick you up if you really need to.
Great place to work during Winter
Deicer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Spray planes all day
It is like playing a video game
Management is good
Workplace is relaxed
Hardest part of the job is paperwork
most enjoyable part is spraying the planes
Fun enjoyable environment
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 16, 2016
Busy and fast paced good people who help make the day go by faster routes expand from Portland to all over maine and include some of new hampshire
Productive workplace with breaks
Developer/Designer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 2, 2016
As an intern with IDS, my team has gotten the opportunity to work with an outdated piece of software that we've been tasked to bring to the modern era. Over the past few months, we've done just that.

About 30 minutes into our internship, we go on a daily walk to get our blood pumping and out of any slump we might've found ourselves in when dealing with the project. It's a nice way to let ideas come up naturally on how to approach certain problems in the code.
Work hard no time to play
Revit/ Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 2, 2016
I worked hard and learned a lot, to many chiefs and not enough Indians, sweat shop and not enough staff to get the job done. Helped in Revit and then had it taken away from me, like a kid trying to get candy from a babysitter, not good and not good for your moral.
Pros
Big firm
Cons
Company requires a lot out of you but dosen't return the favor
My time with IDS
Partner (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 12, 2016
IDS is an entrepreneur's greenhouse. They foster and encourage growth and dare. They allow you to explore your potential with great latitude.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
N/a
Fun work
Installer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 24, 2016
The work was fun. The people you worked with became good friend and the management actually cared about you. The work was always challenging but worthwhile
Pros
too many
what you learned
Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJDecember 17, 2015
I learned so many new things at work, New technologies helped me a lot which is useful for my future. When coming to work experience i am so glad to work as Network Engineer
Boss was awesome
Supervisor of Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 2, 2015
Great Place to work - Very professional and great perks money and medical - Loved teaching all the girls about sales and selling
Select Staffing
Order Packer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 5, 2015
Order packer for "shoes for crews," just pack, label, and load onto conveyor belt. Very tedious work, low pay, no benefits. Hardest part was loading into trailer truck in intense heat.
Pros
easy work sometimes, 40 hours a week sometimes
Cons
low pay, no benefits, temporary work only
Fun work place
De icer (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 20, 2015
Arrive to a truck check eat a quick breakfast and wait for plane departure. Remove ice an snow from planes willing keeping in contact with crew and pilot safe and fast as possible.
Pros
No set schedule
Cons
pay rate could be higher
productive and fun place to work.
Forklift driver, team lead/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  indianapolisJuly 19, 2015
I had a great relationship with management and employees, very challenging job, but I learned a lot learning a new system and given the opportunity to be a team lead I learned I got good experience in management.
Typical day
Jr. Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 19, 2015
Review Ids VPN, and DNS logs for malicious activties.
How to read packet captures (A little)
Great management
Also have a good team of co-workers. That make a day a little eaiser.
Dealing with the false positives
Spotting an malicious event or Beacon, and stopping it.
Fun
Deicer / Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 13, 2015
Good company to work for during the winter season to make extra money. Not the type of job you want to make a career out of. If you have a fear of heights or big plans this is not the job for you.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
Cold weather
Amazing work place,with a lovely teamwork.
Freelance interior designer (Former Employee) –  FreelancerJune 13, 2015
I worked on a project from Saudi Arabia,place of work was Jordan I worked with an Amazing project manager.

Me,Interior designer we started to have a brief about the project and what the client is expecting from us,it was an amazing project full of challenges.

I learned new things about materials in markets,details drawing,the way the project manager looking at a project and the way Interior designer looking at it.

The hardest part was its a new world wide company for me,it has rules,tools,whole new different system to me.

I enjoyed working in the company atmosphere and getting in the team work were there is no difference between a project manager or an Interior designer,Every one have to work.
The most amazing thing was getting deeper in the project working hard to do the handover in time.
Pros
Free Coffee, flexibility in coffee breaks