IDT Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Ethnically diverse place to work.
Corporate Accounts Executive (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 30, 2015
Good company, strong product. To succeed with the product of this company, you must speak Spanish and not necessarily English.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Compensation level low
Great Place to Work
Manager of Internal Reporting (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 29, 2013
The best part of working here is the people. A very nice bunch of coworkers, positive atmosphere, good managers, convenient to mass transit. However, not that much opportunity for job advancement. Health benefits are not exactly great (very high deductibles and co-pays).
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
medical benefits are so-so
A positive work environment
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 27, 2015
A positive work environment, A person not a number. Great interaction between upper management and staff. Great work and life balance. Management was encouraging, support and empathetic. A place where you felt your work was greatly appreciated.
Family oriented place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 21, 2012
very family oriented place to work for. Ample room for growth, great benefits,
realy a protuctive nice place to work a relax emvironment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cupey, PRDecember 26, 2014
this company a typical day off work the call wear for customer calling for the prepay calling card wear they complain about the time the call give them and asking for credit .I did learn how to handle to help the customer and give the beast to provide e excellent customer experience .The management wear gate they did help to give training to better customer service rep and point us what we have to keep working to be a better rep. what i did most enjoy off this job is when i finally help the customer and give hi a satisfactory call.
Fun and laid back atmosphere
Customer Service/Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 8, 2012
Work day consists of solving problems, implementing new procedures/processes and meetings. I learned all aspects of technology, the business and how everything works internally and externally. Management was very helpful and down to earth. Co-workers were dependable and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job would be having to be on call 24/7. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and relationships you build with people within the company from all of the departments.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
health insurance
Call volumes very high, hostile mamagement
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 7, 2012
Mon-Thur the days were not as bad as Fridays. However everyday was stressful due to irate customers calling with complaints of poor service with phone performance. Fridays and the 1st week of the month were the worst b/c the phone service was automatically generated thru computer system, so when the service was disrupted for non-payment and sometimes the payment was there and just not posted to account the customers were very angry. So the reps had to solve whatever their problem was or loose the customers service. If you lost a customer you were penalized for the loss. Very stressful. However the co-workers were great we helped each other with customers & provided support for one another daily.
Pros
games during day to relieve stress thru management, holiday gatherings
Cons
didnt support reps, healthcare, money hungry, poor service, no cultural values
Job location was very accessibile to mass transit
Customer Service Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 3, 2012
A typical day of work was too relaxed, not enough focus from management for productivity. There were no dress code enforcement, most people came to work wearing skimpy clothing that bared too much. My co-workers (some) were unprofessional and showed up late a lot. The hardest part of my job was to staying focused on my callers needs because of noisy surroundings, and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that there was room for growth.
Pros
occasional bonuses for meeting qoutas
Good place
Retail Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2013
I love my co-workers, we have a great team even though some of them do not respect the other territories. The communication with our manager is excellent. He always listens to us and tries to solve any situations that we have. The most enjoyable part is dealing with the customers and trying to make them happy and of course get them to like our product and not the competition. The hardest part is working hard a customer, make them sale our products and then the Corporate office decides to take you off when the account is running very good, it is really annoying because we are always starting over!!
Pros
the relationship between the boss and the employees is excellent, and the relationships that we create with the customers
Cons
don't pay car allowance, miilleage or any expenses. don't respect the accounts and the territories.
Idt corporation
Payment Processing Rep (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2012
As a csr at idt was very pleased to work for this company, I expanded my work skills and learned how to process payments and trouble shoot in the techinical dept. Management was very fair co-workers were real team players. The hardest part of this job was getting a talkative customer that has finished with their business but still wants to talk. But talking to all kinds of people was a big perk
Pros
helping customers
Cons
company relocating to puerto rico

Want to know more about IDT Corporation?

Ask a question
All that Glitters in not Gold
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, NYFebruary 29, 2012
A big Company with Poor Management Skills, On one side they try to provide a fun workplace. Hope they can improve Management issues it will be a wonderful company to work for as u can learn a lot from them.
Pros
follow rules and regulations
Cons
poor management, do not acknowledge hardwork, experience and education
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2012
processing any where from 300 invoices and 300 expense reports, learned to process expense reports, management was wonderful, coworkers great , No hard parts and enjoyable part was wehn traveling employees was happy when their expenses was processed on time
Pros
happy vendors and employees
Cons
no cons
Stocks
Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2012
Answering many phone calls, to talk proper but yet get call over quickly, Management was excellent, coworker very polite , hardest part was talking to a caller who called to change stock over because a loved one just died and enjoyable part when I made customer happer
Pros
happy callers
Cons
death calls
IDT was a very productive place to work at.
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 24, 2013
I enjoyed working at IDT because there was plenty a growth to move up in the business. I was working as a customer service representative. A few months later I was promoted to Collections and Retentions. I enjoyed assisting my fellow co-workers when they needed my help. It was a friendly environment.
Challenging workplace
Retail Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2013
The people that make this company are friendly and helpful, but since is a company that is driven by sales, the pressure can be quite high. Great company that will provide you with everything, but the market will be the one that determines whether you stay or go.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
too numbers driven
Lots of Experience
Trainer, Coordinator, Supervisor, QA/CSR (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 19, 2013
I enjoyed this job, I was able to navigate through each department and become a supervisor, then a trainer, then a QA, I created manuals and trained CSR as well as Supervisors
Pros
was able to work at my own pace
Cons
company was outsourced to mexico