IDT Corporation Employee Reviews

Great work atomphere
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 15, 2017
Setting up customer with long distance service. Adding lines, taking payment etc. Loved everything about it and sad we closed at that time, One of my best job !!!!
Pros
Loved my experience there
Cons
we closed down in 2006
great
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 2, 2017
loved working here, staff is great to work with. manger is the best. pay is great, to bad they closed down I would of love to keep working there.i learned so much from staff.
Pros
food food food and more food
Cons
great pay
Stable company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 1, 2017
Calling and offering to customers siptrunking, call termination A to Z and sometimes gateways, solutions and cloud platform to entrepreneur customers ..
excellent staff
Technician (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 31, 2016
Enjoyed going to work .Found the job challenging. Our team was excellent to work with. Always worked together to solve problems and make the system mole efficient.
Pros
near home
Fine place to work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 27, 2016
Nice benefits. Friendly atmosphere. Brand new accommodations. Game rooms. Large kitchen/dining areas. Free parking across the street. Lovely garden out front. Nice outdoor patio on 4th floor.
Pros
Game rooms
Cons
No room for growth on some levels.
My overall rating about this company is my best rating.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2016
Successful communications company which had problems because wrong investments.

Six years of very professional experience, developing my skills. I developed a very good relation with my colleagues and bosses from different cultures and from different social levels.
Positive atmosphere but lacks motivation to innovate and excell
Senior Manager - Corporate Operations (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 11, 2016
Needs professional management to lead, motivate, engage employees. Benefits and working conditions are acceptable. No annual performance evaluation, feedback and training/development.
Good Place
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for IDT, however they don't have room to grow so much. Definitely a good boss and management. Very good commute and friendly atmosphere
i liked my job at IDT
IDT Energy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
i enjoyed working with my coworkers and my supervisors at the company. we all got alone real well through out my time at company, people were all hard workers.
Pros
great time and good performance with all the coworkers
Cons
no complain
Ethnically diverse place to work.
Corporate Accounts Executive (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 30, 2015
Good company, strong product. To succeed with the product of this company, you must speak Spanish and not necessarily English.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Compensation level low
A positive work environment
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 27, 2015
A positive work environment, A person not a number. Great interaction between upper management and staff. Great work and life balance. Management was encouraging, support and empathetic. A place where you felt your work was greatly appreciated.
realy a protuctive nice place to work a relax emvironment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cupey, PRDecember 26, 2014
this company a typical day off work the call wear for customer calling for the prepay calling card wear they complain about the time the call give them and asking for credit .I did learn how to handle to help the customer and give the beast to provide e excellent customer experience .The management wear gate they did help to give training to better customer service rep and point us what we have to keep working to be a better rep. what i did most enjoy off this job is when i finally help the customer and give hi a satisfactory call.
Great Place to Work
Manager of Internal Reporting (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 29, 2013
The best part of working here is the people. A very nice bunch of coworkers, positive atmosphere, good managers, convenient to mass transit. However, not that much opportunity for job advancement. Health benefits are not exactly great (very high deductibles and co-pays).
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Medical Benefits are so-so
Good place
Retail Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2013
I love my co-workers, we have a great team even though some of them do not respect the other territories. The communication with our manager is excellent. He always listens to us and tries to solve any situations that we have. The most enjoyable part is dealing with the customers and trying to make them happy and of course get them to like our product and not the competition. The hardest part is working hard a customer, make them sale our products and then the Corporate office decides to take you off when the account is running very good, it is really annoying because we are always starting over!!
Pros
The relationship between the boss and the employees is excellent, and the relationships that we create with the customers
Cons
Don't pay car allowance, miilleage or any expenses. Don't respect the accounts and the territories.
IDT was a very productive place to work at.
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 24, 2013
I enjoyed working at IDT because there was plenty a growth to move up in the business. I was working as a customer service representative. A few months later I was promoted to Collections and Retentions. I enjoyed assisting my fellow co-workers when they needed my help. It was a friendly environment.
Lots of Experience
Trainer, Coordinator, Supervisor, QA/CSR (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 19, 2013
I enjoyed this job, I was able to navigate through each department and become a supervisor, then a trainer, then a QA, I created manuals and trained CSR as well as Supervisors
Pros
was able to work at my own pace
Cons
company was outsourced to mexico
Challenging workplace
Retail Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2013
The people that make this company are friendly and helpful, but since is a company that is driven by sales, the pressure can be quite high. Great company that will provide you with everything, but the market will be the one that determines whether you stay or go.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
too numbers driven
Family oriented place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 21, 2012
very family oriented place to work for. Ample room for growth, great benefits,
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2012
processing any where from 300 invoices and 300 expense reports, learned to process expense reports, management was wonderful, coworkers great , No hard parts and enjoyable part was wehn traveling employees was happy when their expenses was processed on time
Pros
happy vendors and employees
Cons
no cons
Stocks
Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 17, 2012
Answering many phone calls, to talk proper but yet get call over quickly, Management was excellent, coworker very polite , hardest part was talking to a caller who called to change stock over because a loved one just died and enjoyable part when I made customer happer
Pros
happy callers
Cons
death calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9