IDT Energy Employee Reviews

good place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Helped around the office and in the field, communicated with costumers and assisted them when they had questions or misunderstandings. I enjoyed working with many different people and as a team with my co-workers.
Terrible experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
I worked long hours daily and was not fairly compensated. I received about 4 to 5 checks and didn't not gross over $150.00. I stayed with the company as long as I did because I needed a job and was hoping that it got better.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Little to no pay
Work environments ok
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 1, 2017
Management only want you to work here so they get overrides & money off of every sale you make. They don't help you not care about you enjoying your job.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Bad management
the company in Jamestown seems to be run by very lazy people
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 1, 2017
I always did my best to meet management's expectations but felt some talent was under-appreciated and I deserved advancement. I agree with the former review, training is very lax and/or incomplete in some cases. The best, most professional and most organized department by far is Data Processing, who provided the best training. Compensation and benefits are wonderful, as is HR, unfortunately I have to give this company only 2 stars.
Pros
Have not seen any violence take place
Cons
Cliques, the holiday party is not until Jan
It was nice but not for me
Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJune 5, 2017
It was a good experience and I'm proud I joined but it just wasn't a job for me. I felt like being on commission I couldn't stand not making money one day. Plus when it comes to being in a commission job, taxes don't get taken out so you have to pay back a lot at the end of the year.
Pros
Money
Cons
Commission job
Great environment
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 1, 2017
Helped me get out of my comfort zones to talk to people and not feel weird. Learn things really quick, just had to practice to know things. I like to work in different environments and this helped me.
Its a jon ypu wprk alome sp if ypur a lomer oys great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed it I was being paid salary though and from what I hear it's not that way but even without salary you can make A LOT OF MONEY with commission and bonus and my boss Rob was awesome i loved them I only left cause I got sick I'd go back in a min of I could
Pros
Grreat money
Cons
Sucks working in the rain
Fun and friendly co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2017
If you like the outdoors and walking you'll love this job. You have to be a people's person because you're going to people's homes knocking on their door
Pros
You get to be your own boss
Cons
Short breaks
idt energy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 3, 2016
A typical day at work should run smoothly peaceful n positive environment. You learn everyday and at work you should be learning how to be better and do your job better. Management taught me how to be a better worker as well how to be productive in the work force. My co-workers help one another to stay focus NO MAN OR WOMEN LEFT BEHIND. Hard part is staying positive through out the day with rude clients. What I love is knowing that I was productive and positive and that I helped someone that day.
Pros
very easy going and understanding
Cons
may get inpatience with some rude people
Fun & Energetic Workplace, Friendly
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2016
This job is a very dedicated job & you have to be a very good soiciable person to work there. It takes a lot of courage. It teaches you life skills. You just have to be self motivated. There is so much to learn from various people that have had different life experiences. The care there is very admirable. They show love and make sure everyone is comfortable. Your never pressured into doing anything you don't want too. Its always about what you want.
Pros
Hands On Training
Csr
Data entry in Microsoft Excel (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 10, 2016
Hours are terrible and training is minimal.
Too many phone calls no enough workers.
Terrible job overall.
Would not recommend to anyone.
its an ok work envoirment is a go getter type
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 30, 2015
it's a go getter type of work place they try to motivate their workers before they head out for the day. but in all they do not take control of their workers they are not very organized and the supervisors try to show off their work position and try to make it seem like they're better than the people that work for them.
great fun work evironment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive team. We motivated each other to do our best. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers who were fun, unique and exciting. There was something to look forward to each day and each day was new. The hardest part of this job would be working outdoors in the Winter time. Also with that said, Winter is the most unstable time for income due to commission based only contract. Other than that, talking to different people from different neigborhoods is awesome and i loved it.
Cons
unstable source of income
Exciting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 5, 2015
My experience working for IDT energy was very exiting. One of the most exiting thing was learning from different people, the environment was very welcoming and people respected your values.The only downside was that the benefits wasn't very good.
Productive Place and Co-workers made it enjoyable
Channel Support Specialist - Salaried (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 4, 2015
Channel Support Specialist for Field and Sales Director
Administrative Suppport, however assistant and interact with Marketing Dept and other internal Departments as well.
Pros
Free Gym and Games on Facility, Nearby to good Local places to have a healthy lunch
Cons
Parking, Culture
Great easy fun sales job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2015
Loved working with them, maybe its because i love doing sales. other than that great staff and clean environment for the employees.
productive work place
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2015
manage coworkers and team with sales product and d2d energy sales. manage workers and customer accounts. best part of the job is the atmosphere and the workers.
Pros
work environment
Cons
commission
Marketing and Promotional Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 14, 2015
I didn't like this job at all because we did a lot of walking and I don't like how they pay. But the people were very friendly.
engaging with others
IDT Agent (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2015
Walking in different cities talking and engaging in activities. Spreading the word about our company was interesting and the money was quick and easy.
Pros
esy money
Cons
walking 7 hours
working for IDT Energy
Door to Door Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
this job is ok but I only been working for 9 days. ive learned how to communicate with different people. my manager is very nice. don't know but one co-worker cause he trained me. the hardiest part of the job is trying to get people to sign up for this energy program.
Pros
i buy my own lunch
Cons
hour break