IDT Energy Employee Reviews

idt energy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 3, 2016
A typical day at work should run smoothly peaceful n positive environment. You learn everyday and at work you should be learning how to be better and do your job better. Management taught me how to be a better worker as well how to be productive in the work force. My co-workers help one another to stay focus NO MAN OR WOMEN LEFT BEHIND. Hard part is staying positive through out the day with rude clients. What I love is knowing that I was productive and positive and that I helped someone that day.
Pros
very easy going and understanding
Cons
may get inpatience with some rude people
Exciting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 5, 2015
My experience working for IDT energy was very exiting. One of the most exiting thing was learning from different people, the environment was very welcoming and people respected your values.The only downside was that the benefits wasn't very good.
Csr
Data entry in Microsoft Excel (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 10, 2016
Hours are terrible and training is minimal.
Too many phone calls no enough workers.
Terrible job overall.
Would not recommend to anyone.
Traveled alot and met alot of new people.
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2015
I was the driver for the company every morning I met my co-workers.Traveled 2 hours outside of philadelphia to work the field.Practiced scripts and ways to communicate with our customers.The hardest part of the job was getting others ready to do their work.The thing I enjoyed the most was seeing the end results of a hard week of work.Reaching sales qouta and being pleased with my pay check.
Pros
Free gas and company van
Cons
no benefits, commission based pay
its an ok work envoirment is a go getter type
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 30, 2015
it's a go getter type of work place they try to motivate their workers before they head out for the day. but in all they do not take control of their workers they are not very organized and the supervisors try to show off their work position and try to make it seem like they're better than the people that work for them.
great fun work evironment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive team. We motivated each other to do our best. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers who were fun, unique and exciting. There was something to look forward to each day and each day was new. The hardest part of this job would be working outdoors in the Winter time. Also with that said, Winter is the most unstable time for income due to commission based only contract. Other than that, talking to different people from different neigborhoods is awesome and i loved it.
Cons
unstable source of income
Productive Place and Co-workers made it enjoyable
Channel Support Specialist - Salaried (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 4, 2015
Channel Support Specialist for Field and Sales Director
Administrative Suppport, however assistant and interact with Marketing Dept and other internal Departments as well.
Pros
Free Gym and Games on Facility, Nearby to good Local places to have a healthy lunch
Cons
Parking, Culture
productive work place
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2015
manage coworkers and team with sales product and d2d energy sales. manage workers and customer accounts. best part of the job is the atmosphere and the workers.
Pros
work environment
Cons
commission
Great easy fun sales job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2015
Loved working with them, maybe its because i love doing sales. other than that great staff and clean environment for the employees.
engaging with others
IDT Agent (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2015
Walking in different cities talking and engaging in activities. Spreading the word about our company was interesting and the money was quick and easy.
Pros
esy money
Cons
walking 7 hours

Want to know more about IDT Energy?

Ask a question
Marketing and Promotional Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 14, 2015
I didn't like this job at all because we did a lot of walking and I don't like how they pay. But the people were very friendly.
working for IDT Energy
Door to Door Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
this job is ok but I only been working for 9 days. ive learned how to communicate with different people. my manager is very nice. don't know but one co-worker cause he trained me. the hardiest part of the job is trying to get people to sign up for this energy program.
Pros
i buy my own lunch
Cons
hour break
Productive work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2014
typical day at working at IDT is very busy. making appointment's and filing paper work. I've learned how to multi-task using the computer and answering phone calls and also scheduling appointments. Managements were not bad just made sure your on top of your work. my co workers were very nice and friendly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Long hours; not treated by supervisors/mgr.'s w/respect. Poor training.
Consumer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 30, 2013
Answer telephones, learned budget billing for gas & electric w/customers. Co-workers were young, immature and swore a lot. Supervisors belittled you and constantly looked for errors even if you were not at fault. Hardest part of job was having only three days training and then you were on your on on the phones. Most enjoyable part were my hours 11:00-7:30.
Pros
Hours of position.
Cons
Lack of proper training; terrible supervisors and co-workers.
enjoyed working with the people
a fortune 500 associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 23, 2015
all and all , I would work the job anyday because it is something I would not mind doing anyday . the haredest part of the job , would probably be waiting to find a customer . the best part is getting my sales the correct way and leaving the customer satisfied
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no lunch
Fun workplace
Door-to-door sales (Former Employee) –  Albany nyApril 8, 2015
Met new people every day over the phone. I learned that people do not like to be called at home by telemarketers. The hardest part of the job was signing customers up over the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was celebrating when I found out I received a bonus.
Review
QUALITY CONTROL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Jamestown NYNovember 17, 2013
The company is a good company as they strive to get energy customers lower rates (which never happens). The management was great when I first started but later on as polocys changed, they got more strict.
Assistant Manager of Sales (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 23, 2015
Mostly independent work required. A typical day consisted of going door to door to sell alternative energy programs. Great experience working for this company.
unpredictable
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 1, 2014
each day we go door to door to tell people about our special offer to reduce their gas and light bill if they sign up with our energy supplier. we get doors slammed in our face and we had great customers. but the hunt for new customers was exciting to me
work enviroment very relaxed and productive if deicated to what you do
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 19, 2012
Job was ok if you can handle the pressure of being a door-to-door sales representivative
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
to many no's before you get that one yes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDT Energy. Our community is ready to answer.