IDT Employee Reviews in United States

worst company in America
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2015
Terrible place to work. Racist, incompetent, management who play politics. A publically traded company that blatantly does not follow Sarbanes-Oxley. What more can i say?
HR Rep, best job I ever had
HR Generalist/Benefits Admin (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 8, 2015
Had a wonderful HR team that allowed for everyone's success.

Worked all aspects of HR. Began as HR Asst, quickly promoted to Benefits Admin, then to Sr. HR Rep.

This was one of IDT's manufacturing sites (semi conductors and more). I had the privilege and honor to work with hundreds of people from all around the world. And because of my role in HR I got to meet each and every one. I problem solved much of the time, which is one of my strengths.

Was layed off in the 7th round of lay offs. Since that time, the facility was sold and manufacturing went to Ireland and China.
Productive Environment
Fault Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 18, 2015
It is requires one to be very productive, and must be a team player. The role is one that requires an individual who knows how to work with multiple personalities.
IDT is a good place to work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 22, 2015
I used to work there when its just a small company. Everyone on the floor knows each other and get along so well. We worked hard and enjoy having a potluck on Friday.
Looks great on paper
Retail Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 22, 2014
The job looks great on a resume. There were many things I didn't make commission that I should have.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low commission
Great Company to work for
Hadoop Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2014
One of the best companies that I ever worked and highly recommended.
Great work environment with growth potential
Asst. Supervisor/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 2, 2014
Great work place. Was very fast pace. Good building with many different cullers. Well managed building. I managed great crew of security officers. We kept the building and the workers safe 24/7 365.
Pros
growth potential
Cons
staff cut backs
Idt
Product and Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2014
Well, a good group of people to work with but too many upper level management levels changes and decisions are made in secret meetings. The new CEO seems only to care for the stock price. Honestly the stock is way overpriced now.
wonderful
B2B Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 19, 2014
I love it. I really do love it. I had fun wonderful time. Would recommend.
worked for Satallite acquisition
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2014
Our industry was analog & software intensive; IDT's historic & current dependency involved hard-coded ASIC's (clock buffers, digital switch management, and currently switching power regulators.) There was an apples-avocados interaction during every quarter telecast & forecast, ultimately our entire infrastructure was dissolved.

As our department was downsized, our local management and co-workers remained in-tact; only regional executive responsibility changed hands during the multiple levels of downsizing.
Pros
networking - working with colleagues in the semiconductor industry
Cons
unsupported - our product line was un-understood & ultimately unsupported.

Want to know more about IDT?

Ask a question
productive and fun working place
Java Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 19, 2014
it good organization, there are lot many things to learn, and working will be fun. good team and good management.
good
Cons
nothing bad
Great commute for me
HR Assistant / Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2014
Company has a great group of people to work with. Has a gym onsite, basketball and tennis courts and a cafe as well.
Great people to work with
HR Executive Assistant / HR Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I love working here. IDT has great people, great location and they offer great benefits as well.
Pros
gym and cafe onsite.
Cons
n/a
Wachovia bank /idt operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 9, 2013
Nice place to work. Co-workers were friendly and Management was helpful.
productive, face paced, room for growth
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2013
Idt was a face paced customer service call center. It was a professional and busy environment. They offered reasonable shifts and also provided free transportation.

My duties were to resolve customer care issues with their telephone service and accounts.

company downsized, and then closed shortly after.
long days of mystery
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Meeting in the morning, head out to location, try to reach out to people and get them to sign up for discounts. If no one signs, there is no money going your way.
Pros
meeting new people and going to new places
Cons
sometimes no break, on commission no salary
Very productive/informative with idt
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 11, 2013
Typical day was very high speed call volume. I learned alot of things concerning telephone and bill options. Management where always willing to assist with difficult calls/customers the hardest part of the job was very irate cutomers
Pros
discounts
Cons
irate customers
hard work , but very compensatory
Supervisor Social Work/Intervention/Monitor (Former Employee) –  algarve, PortugalSeptember 4, 2012
hard work both in physical and psychological
Working with people with addictions, or basic needs, or behavioural issues, it´s not easy at all.
Each day is a day, each person is a case, each case is several issues.
I have training in the area and I always gave my best efforts to promote healthy lifestyles, or to give my energy to empower others, so they be able to have a better life.
Pros
working with people, p2p
Cons
payroll, not contract, a lot of instability related to formalities with employer-employee
IDT was my dreamjob!
Bandwidth Buyer/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 25, 2012
I was employed at IDT for 8 1/2 years, coming into the corporation as an entry-level Administrative Assistant and being promoted several times. The year I was laid off I had been a Bandwidth Buyer (for 2 years) I have done everything from supporting one Executive and his staff of 10 representatives to supporting a whole department consisting of 150 in addition to our offices and employees and clients internationally. So this promotion was definitley a turning point for me. I had become one of the several people I was supporting years prior. I learned everything from Engineering, Project Management, Legal negotiations, Reporting, and every technical aspect of Telecommunications on a whole new level.
The management there was rewarding and they all had faith that lifted me further in my career there. My coworkers were very business minded and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was being laid off. I would still be there if I could be.
The enjoyable part of my was the perks. I worked with a remarkable Executive that took me under her wing and showed me so much more than I knew existed. I went to site tours, business meetings, Tradeshows, etc. in addition to very decent salary and 10k per year in bonuses.
Pros
free lunches, great compensation, great people to work with.
Cons
being laid off.
Involves alot of Travel and I enjoy doing so.
Outside sales- Territory and Route (Current Employee) –  Eastern Ohio/ Western PaJune 13, 2012
Travel follow route plan. Cold Call , Service existing customers. Collections. Promotions....
Pros
enjoy working with differant people daily.
Cons
management changes structure mid way. no consistancy. (weekly)