IDT

IDT Employer Reviews

Great work environment with growth potential
Asst. Supervisor/Security Officer (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 2, 2014
Pros: growth potential
Cons: staff cut backs
Great work place. Was very fast pace. Good building with many different cullers. Well managed building. I managed great crew of security officers. We kept the building and the workers safe 24/7 365.
IDT
Product and Testing Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2014
Well, a good group of people to work with but too many upper level management levels changes and decisions are made in secret meetings. The new CEO seems only to care for the stock price. Honestly the stock is way overpriced now.
wonderful
B2B Sales Lead (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 19, 2014
I love it. I really do love it. I had fun wonderful time. Would recommend.
worked for Satallite acquisition
Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: networking - working with colleagues in the semiconductor industry
Cons: unsupported - our product line was un-understood & ultimately unsupported.
Our industry was analog & software intensive; IDT's historic & current dependency involved hard-coded ASIC's (clock buffers, digital switch management, and currently switching power regulators.) There was an apples-avocados interaction during every quarter telecast & forecast, ultimately our entire infrastructure was dissolved.

As our department was – more... downsized, our local management and co-workers remained in-tact; only regional executive responsibility changed hands during the multiple levels of downsizing. – less
productive and fun working place
Java Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: nothing bad
it good organization, there are lot many things to learn, and working will be fun. good team and good management.
Great commute for me
HR Assistant / Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2014
Company has a great group of people to work with. Has a gym onsite, basketball and tennis courts and a cafe as well.
Great people to work with
HR Executive Assistant / HR Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: gym and cafe onsite.
Cons: n/a
I love working here. IDT has great people, great location and they offer great benefits as well.
WACHOVIA BANK /IDT OPERATOR
Operator (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 9, 2013
Nice place to work. Co-workers were friendly and Management was helpful.
productive, face paced, room for growth
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2013
Idt was a face paced customer service call center. It was a professional and busy environment. They offered reasonable shifts and also provided free transportation.

My duties were to resolve customer care issues with their telephone service and accounts.

company downsized, and then closed shortly after.
long days of mystery
Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and going to new places
Cons: sometimes no break, on commission no salary
Meeting in the morning, head out to location, try to reach out to people and get them to sign up for discounts. If no one signs, there is no money going your way.
VERY PRODUCTIVE/INFORMATIVE WITH IDT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 11, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: irate customers
TYPICAL DAY WAS VERY HIGH SPEED CALL VOLUME. I LEARNED ALOT OF THINGS CONCERNING TELEPHONE AND BILL OPTIONS. MANAGEMENT WHERE ALWAYS WILLING TO ASSIST WITH DIFFICULT CALLS/CUSTOMERS THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS VERY IRATE CUTOMERS
Loved my work and the people HR mgmt needs improvement
HR Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, people, activites, long term employees lots of rehires
Cons: upper management in hr
I was managed many products when I started I was HR analyst and moved into operations I learned staffing iplemented a ATS system I would facilitate NHO every Monday then I would process new hire paperwork and enter into SAP I processed tuition reimbursent, VOES, verify employment and implement new processes. I had alot of friends there and a great team! – more... Great manager the VP HR came in and re did the whole department and it fell apart. – less
IDT was my dreamjob!
Bandwidth Buyer/Administrative (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great compensation, great people to work with.
Cons: being laid off.
I was employed at IDT for 8 1/2 years, coming into the corporation as an entry-level Administrative Assistant and being promoted several times. The year I was laid off I had been a Bandwidth Buyer (for 2 years) I have done everything from supporting one Executive and his staff of 10 representatives to supporting a whole department consisting of 150 – more... in addition to our offices and employees and clients internationally. So this promotion was definitley a turning point for me. I had become one of the several people I was supporting years prior. I learned everything from Engineering, Project Management, Legal negotiations, Reporting, and every technical aspect of Telecommunications on a whole new level.
The management there was rewarding and they all had faith that lifted me further in my career there. My coworkers were very business minded and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was being laid off. I would still be there if I could be.
The enjoyable part of my was the perks. I worked with a remarkable Executive that took me under her wing and showed me so much more than I knew existed. I went to site tours, business meetings, Tradeshows, etc. in addition to very decent salary and 10k per year in bonuses. – less
Involves alot of Travel and I enjoy doing so.
Outside sales- Territory and Route (Current Employee), Eastern Ohio/ Western PaJune 13, 2012
Pros: enjoy working with differant people daily.
Cons: management changes structure mid way. no consistancy. (weekly)
Travel follow route plan. Cold Call , Service existing customers. Collections. Promotions....
Telecom project management across the river from NYC
Project Manager (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMay 24, 2012
Lead two telecom/helpdesk projects. worked across the river from NYC which was an incredible experience. There is no place like New York city.
Easy and detailed with a good sociable environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cupey, PRMay 9, 2012
Pros: company parties and trips
Take call and help customer recharge there calling cards or pin numbers to call to other states or country. I learned that many people communicate more over phone than written correspondence. A great team supervisor always helping and showing what to do and not to do . Co-workers very respectable always helping one another in any doubt or question one – more... would have during work hours. Solving issues with the customers connection that would sometimes be difficult at times because the phone lines would be overloaded with callers. The satisfaction of a customer satisfied with the service. – less
Was a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMay 1, 2012
I worked at IDT before the big tech stock bust. Before that it paid well and I had a good time working for the company. I don't know how it is right now since I haven't worked there in years.
Good job
Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 17, 2012
It was a good company. the company is closed now so I don't know what I can really say
NOT A GOOD PLACE
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 11, 2012
Cons: too many, to list
after 5 days of training not only did i not feel ready for the job but the supervisors were not trained very well either
Always new enhancement with top managment.
"Manager-HR/IR" (Current Employee), ThaneDecember 14, 2013
1. Typical day - 11th November 2011
2. Learn - Management vision
3.. Management - Excellent & Team works
4. Co-Workers - Hard-workers & Punctual
5. Hard Part of Job - Performance Appraisal
6. Enjoyable part of job - Salary Management

About IDT

Integrated Device Technology, Inc., founded in 1980, delivers system-level innovations that optimize customers' applications and – Read more