IEA Renewable Energy

IEA Renewable Energy Employer Reviews

Compant in closed
Lead Analyst/Data Reviewer (Former Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: closed
Good place to work however management changed causing the company to close.
Decline further discussion.
Senior Procurement Agent (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 10, 2013
Respectfully decline further discussion. Company was very badly hurt by the 2009 recession.
an excellent organization as previously reviewed
Interim UniServ Director (Former Employee), Matteson, ILOctober 10, 2013
Pros: excellent salary and benefits
Cons: hours can be long and stressful
Among educational employee advocate organizations such as the National Education Association, or by any standard applied, IEA is an outstanding association. It was a leader in collective bargaining efforts for educational unions and has remained a leader in the field.
Great new field for just about every kind of position.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER - HAWIAII PROJECTS (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 3, 2013
Pros: transportation, great medical, good group of workers.
Cons: 6 ten hour days which is due to weather and enviromental conditions in erecting the trubines
As the Construction Manager hired to build the Operations and Maintenance buildings which housed the control (SCADA) rooms for the wind farms, scheduling was critical because of the mandatory turn over to maintain the PPA for the project. Quality Control, Safety and Enviromental protection of endangered species added to the assignment. We built the – more... first two BESS (battery energy storage system buildings directly connected to Wind Turbines for backup to the system in the US.( A 15 MW and a 24 MW plant). As a Manager, I also held POD meetings, Quality Control inspections for footings, and filled in on a rotating basis for management. I was also the RME for the company in Hawaii for all projects. – less
Excellent place to work.
Shipping lead/Shipping coordinator (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIJuly 6, 2013
Pros: good pay, when busy you will be working a lots of hours, good people, very humane
Cons: health ensures no good, is been slow lately on 32 hours per week, bonus sucks, it can get really hot if you don't have an office
I love working at IEA.
A really nice place to work and they have giving me the chance to advance. I started in the aluminum department now I'm the shipping lead man and coordinator. I mean you have to be willing to learn in a fast pace and prove that your capable of doing anything. Management is ok not that bad i can't really complain.
Strong company with traditional values
Engineering Intern/ Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIJune 23, 2013
Pros: close family feel
Cons: older management crowd suppresses much needed change.
A typical day at work varied, as many times I was called out of my regular duties to assist others in tasks I had been involved with prior. However, on a regular basis I was involved in larger scheme tasks that would take place over time, which meant each day was a different step in analysis, problem definition, brainstorming, evaluation, redesign, – more... and finally implementation. From this company, I take a vast amount of knowledge. This knowledge spans social skills, manufacturing expertise, design engineering skills, and general office interactions. The age difference between my co-workers and I provided a bit more of a challenge, but was rarely a hindrance. Often, I was asked for assistance because of my youth. However, this age difference was the hardest part of the job. Because of the very different ways of accomplishing tasks between the common age at IEA and my age, there was often confusion as to what I was talking about during discussions, or just misunderstandings in general. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support I had from certain members of the team at IEA. Its not often that people recognize an opportunity to help an upcoming member of society and take advantage of it, and I am very grateful for the people who had the patience and kindness to help me mature in the Industry. – less
A good ride while it lasted
I&C Technician (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEJune 6, 2013
Pros: casual atmosphere
Cons: instability
Corporate structure very expensive which makes it difficult to win work.
Nice and good enviroment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIApril 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad bussines -short hours
Nice place to work, but bussiness slow down and short hours.
Good place to work.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIApril 16, 2013
Always moving. Never the same thing twice.
Nice co-workers.
A typical day at work is:a) Shipping and receiving paperwork and duties
Bill Of Lading, UPS, FedEX, DHL, Packing slips
Shipment packaging, staging and ordering trucks
Material handling, Inventory control, Invoicing
value added resources within personel at rmt
Field Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 15, 2013
Great project teams very professional and rewarding job responsibilities
Growth incentives
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ashburn, VAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: quarterly luncheons to meet and greet.
A small growing gcompany with alot of energy. Incentive for employee growth and nice place to work. People oriented and sincere about employees and their wellness.
Overall a great collection off men and women working together.
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: better than average pay, see the country and get paid for it.
Cons: being away from family to long for weeks on end.
A typical work day would be group stretch and flex in the am, then sidebar meetings with work divisions, i.e. Tower Crane, Civil Excavation, Electrical, and Subs.
We would either be excavating or backfilling foundations, clearing right of ways and leveling side to side and front to back prepping for crane travel from site to site. Construction of access – more... roads and building turn radiuses for delivery's of turbine components. We also maintained all existing county roads for the duration of the project as well as assist with the Tower Crane crews.
At the end we would do final clean up and restoration, and de mobilization. Working on the road for weeks at a time you become family with your co workers.
The hardest part of the job is being gone from your wife and children for 6 weeks or more and only get a few days at home on R&R very 6 weeks. In a 12 month period you will only be home for 1 month.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a successful project being built from the beginning to the end, and pay day helps a bit. – less
Overall a great collection off men and women working together.
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: better than average pay, see the country and get paid for it.
Cons: being away from family to long for weeks on end.
good pay
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: good per diem
liked that it was fast paced was aloud to just do my job the way i wanted had very good management.
Provided Excellent Opportunity for Advancement
Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 18, 2012
Pros: great variety of work and fast-paced environment
Cons: location
A typical day involves working on a variety of tasks that include financial reporting, budgeting, contract/procurement, invoicing, and working with field staff on payroll, timesheets, etc.

RMT has been an invaluable resource in learning new skills such as financial/accounting principles and concepts.

My co-workers are generally hard working, efficient, – more... and pleasant to be around. I have learned a variety of things from these great people.

The most enjoyable part of my day is the challenging and variety of tasks that I am required to do. I am never "bored" and am always finding interesting and new things to do. – less
Excellent opportunity with a challenging assignment.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIOctober 3, 2012
Pros: mentally challenging, excellent location
Cons: unexpected short tenure
Basic work involved the development of heat dissipation systems. The work dealt with analyzing test data comparing this information with calculations and developing a course of action including designing heat transfer surfaces, radiator framing and tanks, and tooling required to manufacture fin configurations and assembly radiator.
Great place to work!!!
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Barnesville, GAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
Would still be woking there if business hadn't closed and moved back to Kenosha Wisconsin after 9/11/2001
Great Government organization to work for.
Immigration Enforcement Agent (Former Employee), Miami FLA area.July 12, 2012
Great environment to work in, had great relationship with my co-workers, work was very independent but with lots of responsiblity. you were expected to carry your workload..Work at times could be very tedious and time consuming. The end product was the best part of the job, each time a close was closed it was misson accomplished.
Mid-size consulting company with potential for growth
CHEMICAL ENGINEER III/HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 18, 2012
Pros: great experience
Worked with great people within the Philadelphia office and within engineering departments in general. Work was always challenging and gained great experience in various industries.
Ambiente laboral agradable con horario cómodo y facilidad para convivir con la familia además de trabajar
administrativo (manejados de fondos y valores) (Former Employee), Aguascalientes, AGUSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: horario corrido, guarderia, vacaciones, incentivos, servir al publico
Cons: salario bajo, poca superación personal
llegar a organizar las actividades del día, empezar a llenar formatos administrativos , archivar, atención al público ,reunión con jefe de departamento para dar los pormenores del día así como los problemas que no se han resuelto en el día, guardar los valores en la caja fuerte.

Aprendí a convivir muchas horas con un grupo de personas en una oficina – more... ,sin causar conflictos y hacer amena las tareas que se hac8ian en grupo , el trato al publico, a tener un jefe inmediato al cual dirigirme en casos especiales.

mis colegas eran excelentes personas las cuales siempre estaban dispuestas ayudar en cualquier situación , sobre todo cuando eres nuevo integrante del equipo de trabajo.

Lo mas difícil era la responsabilidad de manejar valores, pero con honestidad nunca tuve problemas por eso, el equipo era muy bien logrado y nos ayudábamos unos a otros.

Lo que mas me gusto del trabajo fue la parte de dar servicio al público ,ya que nunca lo había hecho y ha sido de gran ayuda para mi vida personal , ya que no tenia la habilidad de tratar a las personas y después de este trabajo lo logre hacer . – less