IES Communications Employee Reviews

productive, punctual and quick learner
Lead position, supervising employees (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IA 50009January 11, 2017
Productive, punctual and quick learner. I have lots of experience working as a tech. I have worked with copper, fiber, inboxes, cassettes, logistics, testing equipment, scopes, and much more.
Good Company but the manager shouldn't be in a position of authority!
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2016
Worked for IES in San Antonio, Texas. The Manager in charge of projects had no people skills what so ever. Got away from that company as soon as I could go!
Pros
Cons
Negative approach from the manager on a daily basis!
Great company with a small company feel
Director, Data Center Integration Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
IES is a rapidly growing company with many great benefits. They are driven and growing great but are still maintaining the small company feel. They treat their employees very well and go or of their way several times a year to have group recognition and thank you events.
Pros
Safety, good pay, company events
Cons
Growing rapidly, demanding of employees
IES not what they seem
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2016
IES comes across as a fair equal opportunity employer. However the truth is they only follow the rules they want to and make the company policy read as they want it to.The upper management gives special treatment to those who never stand up for the other employees Give new meaning to the phrase back stabbers
Cons
Amazing workplace with an incredible staff and motivating leaders
Cabling Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 8, 2016
Working in the cabling and networking industry is very enjoyable. I love it. Everyday of work is a learning experience. I think i enjoy that the most.There is never a set assignment as far as what i do its always something different daily but it is all in the cabling field.My co-workers are great people to work with and the managers are even more amazing.The hardest part of the job to me is leaving after the shift is over.
Pros
Learning experiences, Amazing staff, Extended amounts of work
Great Place to Work
Contract and Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 7, 2016
IES is a great place to work. The management team is concerned about moral and making sure that everyone feels part of the team. I have worked with some really great people in my 19 years at this job. The hardest part of my job is dealing with general contractors who feel that their job should be the most important job that we handle even when it is a small time and material job and we have fifty other jobs going on at the same time with the same schedule and time restraints. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with.
good company to work for
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Boydton, VAMay 23, 2016
Good project and pay that will run several more years. Lots of overtime when I first started but trailed off towards the end
Good Job
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 25, 2015
This is a good place to work. I like that I am able to take lead on my job sites and work closely with the customers. I enjoy moving to different job locations and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job is finding good help.
productive fast paced inviorment and great learning experience
Fiber Optic Lead (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 18, 2015
A typical work day involves building a complex cable backbone infrastructure in a confined area. You learn not only how to apply your specific trade skills to the project but also how they are incorporated into the overall scheme of things to complete the project. The complexity of the projects require the management personnel to stay actively involved at all times. Your coworkers are all important components of an intricate team required to perform your task and meet your deadlines. The hardest part of the jobs are coordinating your task around other trades to meet the required time frames. The most enjoyable part of the job is building something so technical starting from nothing and finishing with something like a data center.
Pros
oppturnities to learn, broad knowledge pool to pull from, friends.
Cons
Travel is usually required for long peroids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IES Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9