IES Communications Employee Reviews

Owners Son is wrecking havic on major project
Level III Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 28, 2017
They are very strict on their safety standards which make completing a task almost impossible. Their management structure for the site I worked on was 2 of upper managements children with little to no industry experience an knowledge to be fit for the roles they are currently in. Which in turn has made to technicians who have vast amounts of industry experience look foolish infornt of a major Fortune 500 client.
Pros
Family First environment, teamwork
Cons
uaually same day notice for over time, poor management
good working environment
Construction worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 13, 2017
good fun relax work place at the facebook data center, with good coworkers that were willing to teach me the job and treated me with respect. get very busy at times but mostly laid back.
Poor National Manager
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 30, 2017
National Manager replaced me for the son of the customer without ever being written up. I barely knew any supervisors, only saw them when I was getting more or the customers work
Pros
No Management
Cons
No support
Horrible Place To Work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2017
Unless you are a friend or related to upper management you might as well forget it. HR is of no help whatsoever. They run to management and tell on you. Raises are less than a $1 if you're lucky. No room for advancement.

Comment – August 17, 2017

They are not employee driven. Management only cares about themselves.

unfortunately bad corporate culture
ENGINEERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2017
My direct reports were very dedicated professional engineers with superior engineering knowledge and experience....a real joy to manage and lead. Difficult atmosphere
Pros
pay
Cons
poor leadership
Terrible Culture
Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2017
Management is continuously changing not evolving to industry standards, Coworkers are always out for your job and creating cliques where they ignore you and don't train you. Your expected to jump into action day 1 and are told not to stand around doing nothing and not being directed to projects. Avoid Irvine office like the plague. The San Diego offices are exceptional. I feel sorry for businesses that have dealings with the failing standards of the Irvine office.
Pros
Cons
Irvine Office is a Debacle
very business oriented company great to work for
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 21, 2017
l learned many things its not hard and the hardest part of the job is trying to get the freight sent out but once you get the hang of it easy the most enjoyable part of the job was the Christmas party to win some amazing prizes I Love them they take you in and treat you like family.I wouldn't hesitate to go back if they ever need me for anything i would like them to call me or contact me
Blessing and Thank you for giving me a chance
Pros
great company and best people to work with
Cons
no cons at all
Poor management
Logistics and Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAJune 13, 2017
No training provided yet management is only after results. Management creates inefficiency's while complaining about completed work load. Management does not respect their work force and will not take responsibility for the current situation.
Pros
you can say that you work at facebook
Cons
Poor management
Large projects, high standards
Technician (Current Employee) –  Boydton, VAJune 12, 2017
IES Communications is a great company to work for if you want experience working very large projects for Fortune 500 Companies. As a 'traveller', company housing, rental car and per diem are provided. A normal deployment is measured in months rather than weeks however, so if you are close to your family you should be prepared to go long stretches without seeing them.
Amazing Team and Clean Workspace
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAMay 23, 2017
When I first went in the people there were great and helpful. Each and everyday I showed up at the site and we pulled and terminated Fiber Optics. While I was there I learned more about Fiber cables and how to dress them to where it looks professional.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Team
Cons
1 Break
Work life
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 8, 2017
Working at IES was great the first time around and had many great traits to helping me understand how Microsoft operates. I felt like I was able to carry an understanding of the system and was able to continue learning.
Pros
New co-workers every 3 months
Cons
Management was poor
good knowledge
Technician & Data center construction (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 27, 2017
Complete Data Center construction. Stage 1, set up, material ordering (including all tools), staffing and safety training of contracted workers. Stage 2. Rough construction, wire lay out, sever cabinet mounted and wired and labled. Stage 3.Punch Down and test. Stage 4. patch and test
Good place to work if you don't mind extreme stress
accounting dept (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2017
IES has no concern for employees where it matters. They work you like a dog for as little money as possible. The keep piling the work on and expect the same production rate as before. When you fall behind, even though they know the reason they fire you.
Pros
Friendly coworkers. Laid back enviornment. Good benifits
Cons
Workload is extreme. Supervisors don't care about employees, just care about how much can you do regardless of stress. Do nothing to make it better, just keep adding on.
No employee welfare
Network Implimentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 1, 2017
The management did not care for employees and made the work place miserable. They made promises and tagged me along until i had had enough. and even then they did not seem to care.
Great, but unorganized.
Communications Technician for Network and Database (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 19, 2016
Great company, job if you like to travel, but unorganized with work at times. overall great, but security is 50/50. Promises made, some ukept for most part.
Pros
travel
Cons
neglect of work, and unorganized.
Good Company but the manager shouldn't be in a position of authority!
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2016
Worked for IES in San Antonio, Texas. The Manager in charge of projects had no people skills what so ever. Got away from that company as soon as I could go!
Pros
Cons
Negative approach from the manager on a daily basis!
Great company with a small company feel
Director, Data Center Integration Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
IES is a rapidly growing company with many great benefits. They are driven and growing great but are still maintaining the small company feel. They treat their employees very well and go or of their way several times a year to have group recognition and thank you events.
Pros
Safety, good pay, company events
Cons
Growing rapidly, demanding of employees
IES not what they seem
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2016
IES comes across as a fair equal opportunity employer. However the truth is they only follow the rules they want to and make the company policy read as they want it to.The upper management gives special treatment to those who never stand up for the other employees Give new meaning to the phrase back stabbers
Cons
Amazing workplace with an incredible staff and motivating leaders
Cabling Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 8, 2016
Working in the cabling and networking industry is very enjoyable. I love it. Everyday of work is a learning experience. I think i enjoy that the most.There is never a set assignment as far as what i do its always something different daily but it is all in the cabling field.My co-workers are great people to work with and the managers are even more amazing.The hardest part of the job to me is leaving after the shift is over.
Pros
Learning experiences, Amazing staff, Extended amounts of work
Great Place to Work
Contract and Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 7, 2016
IES is a great place to work. The management team is concerned about moral and making sure that everyone feels part of the team. I have worked with some really great people in my 19 years at this job. The hardest part of my job is dealing with general contractors who feel that their job should be the most important job that we handle even when it is a small time and material job and we have fifty other jobs going on at the same time with the same schedule and time restraints. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with.