IES Employee Reviews

Professional and Productive place to work.
I&C Commissioning Techncian (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work was professional and always busy. Everything was organized and planned correctly. If a job challenge came up, a meeting was conducted to plan a good job plan and the work was done correctly and safely.
Good Company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2017
They are good to work for. I would recommend them to other electricians looking for a job. They mainly work on big commercial projects and handle service work.
Rewarding and productive
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 11, 2017
This job gave me a new perspective on life. I learned how fortunate we are to be in this country and how we don't take full advantage of everything we have. We tend to take things for granted and not realize how rich we are to have what we do.
Fun workplace
Skilled packer (Former Employee) –  McComb, OHApril 7, 2017
Great people to work for, good training,several jobs to be trained on,assembly fast paced,friendly supervisors, always willing to help, with any issues.
Not Really room to Grow
Electrician Top Helper (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 28, 2017
Wasnt too pleased with the Way management handled Crew. Very One sided. Alot of Favoritism along with low Balled Pay. MAybe it was just the crew i was on. But if the company as a whole is the same, Then i would not want to be apart of it again
Productive, easy, and fun work experience
Imbassador (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 3, 2017
As an ambassador, I post on online forums of the benefits of studying abroad, specifically in Spain. I work with the Off-Campus Studies department at my school with events they plan for students who are thinking of studying abroad. The most enjoyable part of my job is relaying my experiences and the hardest part of my job is my tasks being mostly online because I enjoy getting to know the other ambassadors.
Pros
Discussing my experience abroad with people who want to know about it.
Cons
Stagnant assignments
Wonderful
Electrical Estimator/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
great place to work, they were a large company that had wonderful benefits and were very helpful teaching new things. Would tell anyone looking to work for them
ho hum
Multifamily Estimator / Commercial Estimator (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXNovember 14, 2016
Not a bad place to work. Don't expect a professional work environment, much direction or up to date technology. People are great. You do feel like you are working for the stock holders.
Pros
fexible work schedule
Cons
environment
Loved my job
Leadman Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 4, 2016
Great place to work. Small customer crew but great group to work with over 10 years. Always worked as a team. The people I worked with were like family.
Greenhouse/Lab Tech. (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 23, 2016
When I was in need of a job IES was very helpful by finding me a one right away. The job they found me was a good job as well, and well paying.

Want to know more about IES?

Ask a question
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXOctober 19, 2016
I remember when we had an external audit on my warehouse they left my warehouse with zero findings, they saw warehouse really nice and clean, we had an average of 20 shipments per day and shipments were always on time.
Awesome
Technical Support/Business Applications (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 18, 2016
This is the intuit side of frontier. My favorite job i've ever had. Would definitely return to this company. Definitely would be one of my first choices.
Coworkers worked as a team.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Price Rd. Brownsville, TXJuly 1, 2016
A typical day was organizing the day and preparing for a fast paced day. Preparing for meetings and doing assessments. Meeting with the children and providing with their weekly phone calls. Taking notes of the child's needs and asking the children regarding their well being. Preparing exiting packets for the children that will be discharged. Multi tasking preparing for staffing and other assessments that needed to be completed.
Pros
Excellent communication.
Employee or Independent Contractor
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 23, 2016
I recently had an interview with IES to become an outside sales rep, and overall I was really impressed with the business plan and product being pitched. The major question mark here is that the company wishes to sign all of their reps to independent contracts.

I understand why this is the way they would want to go, but there are some attributes to the hiring process that probably should classify perspective candidates as employees and not IC's.

The three major characteristics of separating the two classifications of employment are behavioral, financial, and type of relationship. As an independent contractor with IES they are going to control what and how the worker does their job. There would also be an ongoing relationship with the company heads as well. Perhaps the biggest concern was the company setting hours for the contractors with very limited flexibility.

Again, I think the overall company is positive, but they may have some worker misclassification issues arise in the future. If you are looking to sign on with them understand your rights as an IC first before you accept.
Non Productive
office assistant (Former Employee) –  idaho fallsJanuary 27, 2016
Not an organized office. Very misleading. Not a positive atmosphere. Was not able to get password for their data entry program and then blamed me for not being able to learn the program on time. For 4 weeks I was only able to answer phones and filing.
Pros
New program learned
Cons
short breaks
Good employees and enjoyable work
Inspection/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PADecember 29, 2015
Although I enjoy working for IES, it is a small company and I am at risk of getting laid off due to a lack of work. I need a more secure working environment. The benefits package could be better to but it is a small company and are limited.
Pros
day light hours 5 days a week
Cons
small company and no job security
Not Organized. Company in Irvine will not last.
technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 25, 2015
This company promises the world to you and no results. Pulling cable only with zero advances. Think twice before applying. You have been warned.
Pros
Some decent techs around.
Cons
Horrible Project Management. All the jobs are just pulling cable and termination, and still mess that up. You will be blamed for issues.
Not a bad place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  McComb, OHNovember 17, 2015
IES was my first fresh out of high school job that proved to me that hard work will pay off. I leaned a lot about team work here.
Very flexible company to work for.
Lineworker (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 25, 2015
IES is a great staffing agency to work for. They are very understanding, and flexible, they give just about anyone a chance to work thru them. They have a good selection of jobs to choose from, and the wage is decent.
Hard work and rewards
Concrete finisher / laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2015
The overall service that the staffing service provided was excellent. There were certain entities that made the process harder than it needed to be at times. Would recommend IES to any one starting out
Pros
Daily assignments
Cons
poor wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IES. Our community is ready to answer.