IES Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome
Technical Support/Business Applications (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 18, 2016
This is the intuit side of frontier. My favorite job i've ever had. Would definitely return to this company. Definitely would be one of my first choices.
Coworkers worked as a team.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Price Rd. Brownsville, TXJuly 1, 2016
A typical day was organizing the day and preparing for a fast paced day. Preparing for meetings and doing assessments. Meeting with the children and providing with their weekly phone calls. Taking notes of the child's needs and asking the children regarding their well being. Preparing exiting packets for the children that will be discharged. Multi tasking preparing for staffing and other assessments that needed to be completed.
Pros
Excellent communication.
Productive and Fun work place
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
run conduit, cable trey, pull wire, terminate junction boxes, terminate motors , motor controls, and work on live panels.
Employee or Independent Contractor
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 23, 2016
I recently had an interview with IES to become an outside sales rep, and overall I was really impressed with the business plan and product being pitched. The major question mark here is that the company wishes to sign all of their reps to independent contracts.

I understand why this is the way they would want to go, but there are some attributes to the hiring process that probably should classify perspective candidates as employees and not IC's.

The three major characteristics of separating the two classifications of employment are behavioral, financial, and type of relationship. As an independent contractor with IES they are going to control what and how the worker does their job. There would also be an ongoing relationship with the company heads as well. Perhaps the biggest concern was the company setting hours for the contractors with very limited flexibility.

Again, I think the overall company is positive, but they may have some worker misclassification issues arise in the future. If you are looking to sign on with them understand your rights as an IC first before you accept.
Non Productive
office assistant (Former Employee) –  idaho fallsJanuary 27, 2016
Not an organized office. Very misleading. Not a positive atmosphere. Was not able to get password for their data entry program and then blamed me for not being able to learn the program on time. For 4 weeks I was only able to answer phones and filing.
Pros
New program learned
Cons
short breaks
Not Organized. Company in Irvine will not last.
technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 25, 2015
This company promises the world to you and no results. Pulling cable only with zero advances. Think twice before applying. You have been warned.
Pros
Some decent techs around.
Cons
Horrible Project Management. All the jobs are just pulling cable and termination, and still mess that up. You will be blamed for issues.
Not a bad place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  McComb, OHNovember 17, 2015
IES was my first fresh out of high school job that proved to me that hard work will pay off. I leaned a lot about team work here.
productive workplace with HR problems
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Tho 'productivity is imortant,,Human Relations is a critical part of A
anyones imployeement ,Electronics is my passion for work.
Pros
good holidays
Cons
lacking in good PR
Interesting Learning Experiences
Fill In Temporary Warehouse Positions (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 7, 2015
Worked at numerous different facilities in warehouses, trying to improve productivity. Mostly physical labor with short brakes. I worked with mostly great supervisors that were very patient and trusting of me. I was always encouraged to do well.
Pros
Motivated me for college, very organized
Cons
Mind numbing
they suck!!
FOREMAN/FIBER OPTIC SPECIALIST, OSP/ISP (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2015
no way would i there again, they are the worst company T havr ever worked for. There is no words to discribe how bad they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very flexible company to work for.
Lineworker (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 25, 2015
IES is a great staffing agency to work for. They are very understanding, and flexible, they give just about anyone a chance to work thru them. They have a good selection of jobs to choose from, and the wage is decent.
Hard work and rewards
Concrete finisher / laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2015
The overall service that the staffing service provided was excellent. There were certain entities that made the process harder than it needed to be at times. Would recommend IES to any one starting out
Pros
Daily assignments
Cons
poor wages
Temp Service
Food Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 5, 2015
They are very selective on who they employ. Not my first pick for a temp service. I didn't feel appreciated as a potentional employee
IES Cable Instasller
CABLE INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Tempe ArizonaJanuary 5, 2015
Installing cat 6 & cat 5 cable for computer network....
I've learned how to to make contact to get network service
the hardest part on the job is crawling through small spaces.
The Co-workers I've worked with where great in helping me
to make the right choices.
Pros
alwat work to be done..
Cons
not able to get work done with time of the contact...
Just like working for comcast
Tradestar temp (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Long hours inside customer homes sometimes till 1am.
management only called to see why jobs were taking so long. lots of addict and crawlspace work. Angry Customers.
Pros
steady work.
Cons
long hours, management is not helpful.
Great Hands on Experience
Instrument/Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXDecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work would include obtaining permits, filling out the JSA, working on the task at hand, maintaining the work area, and working safely. I have had the opportunity to get maximum hands on experience. The upper echelon seems to perpetuate the notation of "do the bare minimum". 90% of the workers are some of the laziest and least motivated people I have ever had the chance to work with, which is why I was able to get a lot of hands on, most of which was trial by fire. The hardest part of the job was getting someone that was willing to help me learn task which I was inexperienced with. The most enjoyable part of the is going home.
Pros
developed craft
Cons
poor mangement
best temp service in pocatello
Temp help (Former Employee) –  main st pocatello idOctober 4, 2014
IES good temp service but that is what it is a temp service to lead you to full time employment
Pros
work when you have none
Cons
may not be where you want to go to work at
Good company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  port arthur, txSeptember 8, 2014
Learned alot from this job. And it was very challenging. Running conduit and tray were the main things on this project.
Great people to work with.
International Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 8, 2014
Fun people to work with great personalities, and always looking for a challenge. Co-workers bring different experinces.
Pros
owner is sweet and understanding, and fun to work work.
Super good people...
Industrial Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 27, 2014
I worked with alot of hard workers and some great folks too...