IEWC Employee Reviews in United States

An Ok Stepping Stone for a Career.....
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 23, 2015
IEWC is a distributor of wire and cable. It has always been a very laid back, enjoyable place to work. The company culture was much more welcoming and congenial when I started with the company.
Over the years the culture has become more corporate and business-like, which is not a terrible thing....but it's a very different environment than what it was when I began. The best part of working at IEWC are the friendships I've made and the people I've gotten the opportunity to work with. The organization also did give me the opportunity to work in several different positions, which allowed me to further develop my experience within the Supply Chain.
Compensation and benefits are average to below-average, and training across-the-board is poor. I've worked in several different departments throughout the organization, and training was an issue in each one.
Pros
Company events, somewhat laid-back atmosphere
Cons
Poor training
Family style company going through growing pains
San Francisco Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2015
The company's backbone is strong, but is spread very thin as it tries to expand into different markets.
Fair benefits. Getting better with fair compensation.
Employee-Owned Company with Opportunity
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 7, 2015
IEWC is a company growing more into a corporate entity, but it still maintains a great company culture and laid-back attitude. I appreciate IEWC's ability to promote interpersonal and comfortable communication, while growing and becoming more of a world-known presence. I love the fact that IEWC is employee-owned.
IEWC does provide opportunities for advancement and the ability to move to different departments and try things new positions out. I have been able to greatly improve my communication skills as well as strengthen my computer analytical skills, Excel for example. I've also learned great negotiation skills on both the procurement and sales portions of business.
Co-workers are great, and will be what I miss the most about the organization. I have made great friends during my tenure with IEWC. IEWC does have a great community culture, and there's little separation between Management and subordinate.
The most difficult part of working for IEWC is training. I have found this to be a great company weakness across the organization, as I have had the opportunity to work in four different departments. I know it is something they're trying to address, but it continues to be a weakness. Pay also used to be very competitive in the marketplace, but during my tenure they have fallen off the mark a bit. Benefits are just ok.
Pros
Employee-owned, opportunites for changing positions
Cons
poor training, less than average pay
Nothing to brag about asking to much with little compensation
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 14, 2014
Maybe the front office is great but down in the warehouse prepare to sweat with little insentive. prepare to work for lower than average wages at a job that works you harder than the norm. If you can't manage stress stay away nothing like getting that last order out when the truck left 20 minutes ago, on a daily basis thanks sales. Some individuals are where they shouldn't be. Good luck to who ever wants to work there and is working there. I'm not saying it's the worst place but it's not the best...keep looking.
Pros
benefits if hired on
Cons
over worked, low starting pay both temp and hired on, questionable management tactics
20+ year tenure says something
Business Process Expert (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 16, 2014
IEWC is a growing global company with more than 50 years in the wire and cable distribution field. A typical day at work for me may include meeting with end users, department directors, project managers, or trainers to discuss upcoming projects, current project status, enhancement testing, or implementation plans.

During my 20+ years at IEWC, I have grown exponentially having worked in 6 different job roles, attending various soft and hard skill trainings, and many SAP-related conferences. IEWC has allowed me to grow and advance my career by internal promotions and investing in my education.

The hardest part of my job is managing multiple priorities/timelines in the current fast-paced global growth environment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. In an ESOP (employee owned) company, the people really do make the difference. The atmosphere of coworkers who all put their head, heart, and hands into everything they do is a rare and phenomenal feeling.
Pros
esop
Cons
lack of virtual work environment (work from home)
Fun Workplace
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 15, 2014
Answering 100-150 emails a day. Training meetings and Training sessions with other locations. Very busy, relaxed work place. Great Place to work.