IGA Employee Reviews in United States

Easy Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunman, INApril 22, 2016
VERY fun managers and place to work. The only thing that was bad was the customers sometimes, but that happens every where. Very easy and fun job,
cashiering
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hardin, MTApril 11, 2016
Helping customers check out as fast as possible as well answering any questions. Stoking shelves and putting product away. Bagging groceries..etc..
Pros
fast paced
Cons
slow sometimes
great job
stocker (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 4, 2016
Iga was a nicely ran job. Management treated me well. The co workers worked together at a orderly fashion to get things done.
Easy job, friendly environment, and it taught me communication skills
Stock (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 4, 2016
A typical work day consist of mainly the same routine such as, stocking shelves, grabbing carts, answering questions, cleaning, helping customers, and employees. At this job i learned to communicate with people better and to get use to working. My coworkers were all very nice and everyone got along well, it was easy to keep a strong friendly relationship with everyone. My job was fairly easy, but the best part of my job was helping people out, especially the other people who i would offer to help them carry something or just do whatever to make their lives easier.
Pros
built up communication skills, fellow employees were nice
Cons
not enough time
typical work day at IGA
deli crew (Former Employee) –  Hardinsburg, KYMarch 28, 2016
a typical day was waiting on customer cleaning and cooking and unloading trucks. i learned how to deal with the public make certain foods and how to unlaod truck and put products away. management was okay and co workers were friendly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
part-time no free meals, minimum wage
free food that was close to expiration date hoilday parties
Book keeper (Former Employee) –  OrifinoMarch 24, 2016
Loved this job hate I had to move back to nc very friendly environment and a overall pleasant work place learn a lot at this job love the returning customers and the opportunity to learn all that I did
Pros
HOILDAY PARTIES
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Not to bad
Barista, Cashier, Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delta Junction, AKMarch 21, 2016
Iga was my first job and id say it was a good job, my day included serving and greeting customers along with running the espresso.
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  .March 21, 2016
Not a very organized place to work. The owner was sexiest and only hired women. But I enjoyed meeting new customers. Easy place to work.
Good Experience for future jobs
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erwin, NCFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the part time job i had there. Great place to work, good enviornment and close to home. Gave me spending money and gas money for the car.
Enjoyed working at IGA
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Cave, WVFebruary 12, 2016
I worked here for a season. I am retired from the US Postal service. Enjoyed communication with the people I worked with, and customers, Especially the importance of people ,service and the company satisfaction.
Pros
n/a
Cons
bathroom duty
alright place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 12, 2016
normal meat cutting day starting with reworking

the fresh meat case

learned that all meat dept are not alike and all do things different

all my co-workers were very good to work with
Good entry level into the workforce
Head Cashier/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCFebruary 2, 2016
IGA is a good start for younger folks entering the work force. There is not a lot of advancement and sometimes you just get stuck and overlooked.
Pros
n/a
Cons
advancment
I am not challenged enough.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tuscola, ILJanuary 25, 2016
A normal shift for me, at our local IGA, is a six hour evening shift. My responsibilities are to scan and bag groceries, communicating with the customers in a kind and friendly, welcoming manner, and, on closing shifts, cleaning all stations and the front floors.
The top manager of the cashiers at IGA usually makes the schedules and does not schedule enough hours to match what I need (though I have asked for more and have an open availability schedule). The office mangers under the top manager are accommodating and professional.
My co-workers are also professional as well as reliable and friendly. Some I have grown close with over the past months that I have worked here.
The hardest part about my job is not being challenged enough. I feel that I need to more than standing in one place and doing a repetitive job, but there is an upside to my job.
My co-workers and customers bring a positive light to my job. I meet new customers that have stories to tell about their long drives from all over the country and even daily customers that I get to welcome again with smiles. My co-workers, again, make my job a great place to be, because with them, I am a smiling, brighter person.
Pros
Great co-workers, getting to interact with different customers everyday, Sometimes getting to organize the isles, cleaning on closing shifts, close to home
Cons
Management, repetitive responsibilities, not getting to move around much, not enough to do, not being scheduled enough
.For part time only
Stocker (Former Employee) –  McDowell, KYJanuary 4, 2016
No full time - so they dont have to pay for insurance on their employees.
Would not recommend employment for anyone supporting a family.
Summary
Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCDecember 15, 2015
I loved working at IGA. I was given the opportunity for promotion many times. They recognize hard work and the management was very friendly. Would recommend this job for a high school student as you are required to stay under 29 hours if you are not management.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newton Falls, OHDecember 10, 2015
Busy normally, how to use a slicer, management is good, co workers are nice, hardest part is covering someone else shift especially if you have been there all day, nice environment.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Covering shifts
Easy work but boring
Stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethel, OHNovember 22, 2015
This was my first job! We had to stock the shelves as well as what they called face the product basically make your isle pretty for the customer. We would occasionally get called for carks. The hardest part was dealing with one of my managers who make me do ridiculous jobs like clean all the chrome in the store with vinegar water. What I enjoyed was how easy it was.
Pros
Easy work, Low pressure
Cons
Low pay, Very Boring
loved this job
Cashier, Stocker, Loved (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYNovember 10, 2015
great people to work with loved being a cashier and waiting on people. handled counting money well love being a cashier.
Could have been better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCNovember 3, 2015
They took someone off the schedule becasuse of a doctor writting someone out for a week. Typical day at work was just standing around talking to the other emplyees. My co-workers made that job fun, the job itself was boring.
Pros
coolers for drinks
Cons
no insurance, poor pay wage
associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoopeston, ILOctober 29, 2015
Very small town with a small grocery store. Would take over when department manager where gone and order when needed. Store manager was an okay leader.
Pros
okay managers
Cons
hours