IGA Employee Reviews

Management was okay but work environment was horrible
Shelf Stocker (Current Employee) –  Greenup, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Overall in the short time I’ve worked here I have not enjoyed it, it was boring, the management was awful and I would not recommend working here or recommending this place.
Pros
Built social skills
Cons
Short breaks
nice but poor pay under 18
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mahomet, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Is nice to work at and is family friendly as it is a grocery store, however, the pay is only 7.75 until you are 18. Other than that, they are strict on many policies but the employees are all super nice!
Pros
nice
Cons
pay
Okay for a first job
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Wartburg, TNJanuary 8, 2018
For the most part, I loved my management. There is nothing I regret about working here besides the fact I didn’t think I was paid fairly for the work I did.
Enjoyed working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennett, MOJanuary 5, 2018
I quit to relocate to Baytown, Texas. Was a great and fun place to work. Greatly enjoyed my time there.The company has gone out of Business and the owners have since passed away.
Its not a bad first job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camden, SC 29020January 4, 2018
When you first start all you do is ring up customers which what your getting paid to do, but if you have been there for at least one year you are asked to do more without getting paid for it. I have been there for two years I have only received one raise. I have received many cashiers of the quarters but I have received any advances to be moved into the office, rather management puts their trust in high-schoolers who do not take the job seriously. Your hours are never the same you may work 4 days one week and 1 day the next.
Pros
Management will give you time off if you need it.
Cons
No benefits. No discounts. Below minimum wage for some people. No career advances for most people.
Working with others was what I liked most, relaxed environment for the most part, but could be fast paced depending on time of year.
Service counter cashier (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 3, 2018
Would not recommend working at IGA. Pay is not great unless you're just looking for something part time. Hours are never the same each week unless you are a full time employee.
Horrible
Cutting table (Former Employee) –  Dallas, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Worse place I have ever worked. The superviser was the worse you can ask for. He was very rude. They just throw you into the pool and expect ypu to swim. When you asked a question a oyt something you didn't understand, they look at you like your crazy.
A great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GADecember 30, 2017
IGA is a great employer and a very laid back environment to work in compared to many competitors in retail grocery. I would highly recommend anyone a future with this fine company.
average day
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INDecember 29, 2017
A typical day is counting the register before working on the floor. greeting customers and providing excellent service is one of the main proprieties for this job. Managing transactions and being responsible when money was very important too. you have your regulars who are nice but with every retail store you have people who are not going to be too friendly. The key is to patient when you work with the public and try to provide the best service as you can.
Pros
Holiday parties
Cons
poor pay, short breaks
slow days
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILDecember 27, 2017
Usually had to go help anywhere else I could just to get through a shift. That store doesn't get enough business during a normal work day. Holidays and the week leading up to them were always jumping though

Want to know more about IGA?

Ask a question
Sad and boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elgin, SCDecember 22, 2017
A cashier job at IGA is not great. The grocery store itself is rundown and not up-to-date. It is very old school and the only people who shop there in my town are elderly people and drug addicts. It was not a job for me. Standing in one spot for hours at a time hurts my back too bad, i like to be able to move around.
iga career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCDecember 22, 2017
I was a underpaid cashier and a teen. The manager was very tough. Our raises were always about 40 cents every year no matter what outstanding job you did. It is a great job for a teenager
Pros
laid back and easy job
Cons
low pay and no advancement opportunities
Good people
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Happy, KYDecember 21, 2017
I work with some of the nicest people I have ever meet at any job I have had. Management is pretty relaxed as far as breaks and lunches. There's no dress code as far as I know.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough pay
Typical Grocery Store
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hawley, PADecember 15, 2017
Job was decent enough. A bit stressful, but that's to be expected in any form of retail. Fellow workers were good people.

Supervisors varied from terrible to great. At times management could be problematic when dealing with issues, including choosing to disregard reports of harassment, or simply telling the person suffering it to just ignore it and leaving those doing the harassing free to continue as they pleased.
Friendly Environment
Assist Customers (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYDecember 14, 2017
The employees and mangers were very respectful. The pay was brutal, I was only making $7 an hour. I barely got any hours But I loved helping the customers out to their cars.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Short hours, Low pay
Great starter job for kids
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILDecember 12, 2017
Great starter job for kids that are looking for a starter job just part time while they get everything figured out for school while they go to college
terrible
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJDecember 11, 2017
i didn't like working there!! they don't care about what you do and they choose favorites plus they make you work terrible hours. I don't recommend working there!
Pros
good starter job
Cons
they dont care about what you do
Iga
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 4, 2017
IGA is a good company to work for in my opinion. It was a good first job, but there was not much room for improvement within the company. The pay was minimum wage, but is ideal for a student working part-time.
A good company to start out working for.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, INDecember 4, 2017
Entry level positions there are stressful, scheduling is chaotic because of hour cuts and budgets. The management is great but upper management is disconnected and "bossy". The hardest part is dealing with disrespectful employees, the best part is my supervisor and equals.
n/a
cashier (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCDecember 1, 2017
do want to comment on this job there is a lot of turn over, does not keep most of there employee a long period of time, not really chances to advance , would not recommend if looking a full-time postion