IGA

IGA Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee), Lake City, SCJune 2, 2015
Every day at work I would cash checks, process any bill payment the customer needed to do and process any western union transactions. I enjoyed the people I worked with there. Just wasn't enough hours for me.
The Deli Counter is Cool
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Copiague, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Easy Work
Cons: Extremely Lazy Co-workers and Management
The managers at this place are the laziest bunch of people on the planet. They are afraid of disciplining people who don't do there jobs so nothing gets done. Luckily the people I worked with behind the deli counter were a nice group. Though some of them are lazy too.
work and play
Cashier (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: fun environment, management
Cons: early mornings
this job was filled with high school kids. there was nothing hard about this job. I learned about customer service, how to work a cash register. the true meaning of earning my first dollar.
Fun work environment, small town friendliness
Cashier (Current Employee), Granite Falls, WAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great place to work is you just want to make a little extra and work part time.
Cons: low pay, no advancement opportunity, inconsistent schedules, no consideration for employees life/work balance.
IGA stores are independently owned and part of a franchise with Standler Foods. Independent means non-union which can be both good and bad. Each owner/operator can decide whether to advance people or not, give them raises and decide on amount of hours they give people on the schedule with no baring to seniority. They can hire in managers without consideration to allowing advancement opportunities for their current workers. These are not ideal circumstances for individuals who would like better pay, better scheduling and room for advancement. Life/work balance is non-existent and is an unfortunate byproduct that decreases employee moral..
Good place to start out
grocery employee (Former Employee), Carlisle, KYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good breaks
Cons: Schedule changes
Good atmosphere and work place to work for. Learned the ways of stock work in a grocery store environment. Co-workers were usually easy to get along with. Hardest part were during truck days. Enjoyable part is seeing the community come in and shop around and have good personalities.
Professional and friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Clinton, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Family like atmosphere, positive for customers and employees
Cons: none
A typical day would be stocking shelves, assisting customers, Trying to get the product out for them and rang up for them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
I learned the value of being reliable and part of an outstanding team.
The management was great and easily someone you could go to if you had a problem with confidence they would handle it.
Co-workers were professional and courteous. I knew I could count on them.
The hardest part of the job was leaving. I honestly still miss this place. It was like a family.
The most enjoyable part was working so cohesively with everyone to deliver the best service to the customers.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee), Nancy KYApril 19, 2015
this was a very easy job you stock shelves ring up customers and help customers find the things they were looking for. Handled money controlled gas pumps and handle customers when they were mad. run credit cards and checks.
It is all right but you can't get now where there.
casher (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 30 min for lunch.
Cons: We don;t take no break;s .
I only had one raise one time and i been there over four year;s.I started at $7.25 and only makinr $7.50 know. The hardes part is being nice to very rood custermer;s.I like every one i work with. Ienjoy helping other;s.
Very productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Whiteville, NCMarch 30, 2015
Most days I get in early so, I can be ready to start my Job and start my day. Everyday I'm Willing to learn different ideas that is set out before me. I can get along with all management and i have the most respect for them. My Co-workers are like my brothers and sisters we are a team and it is very important for us to get along with each other. the hardest part of the job is when we can't get along
the most enjoyable part of the job is my customers making them happy.
Alrght place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Flora, ILMarch 24, 2015
There wasn't a lot training and explaining of the job. Coworkers were really nice but there needs to more training and explaining for the job to seem more comfortable with it.
wonderful
Office Manager (Former Employee), Burkesville, KYMarch 18, 2015
great place to work friendly co workers and great benefits the only downfall to working at this place is the pay its basic pay and not many hours offered.
Family oriented and I loved working with the public.
Cashier, Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free groceries
Cons: i was part-time so health insurance nor bonous pay
I was a cashier and also worked at the customer service desk. This position was part-time but paid well. The owners were very friendly and also would step in to help in time of need. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry or drunk customers but we were well trained for that. I enjoyed meeting different people from all walks of life.
Good customers, terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free subway
Cons: minimal hours
job was routine enough that you'd know what would happen every minute of your day, though the management playing favorites and stealing was enough to cause me to leave.
Friendly and Professional Workplaces
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and great management
Cons: not enough hours, pay wasn't good
Typical day at work included helping customers, cleaning, handling money, completing task within a timely manner, using computer technology, and working with the public. I learned how to count money, complete task quickly and correctly, how to properly handle customers. Management was very good, all the managers were professional and passionate about their job. Co-workers were all good as well. They are all very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was leaning all the codes for the fruits and veggies. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the community.
seasonal
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Montauk, NYDecember 26, 2014
Pros: location was next to the beach
Cons: seasonal
Show up to work. I learned how to make orders. Management was good, co-workers was able to assist each other. The hardest part of the job was not enough hours of work. The most enjoyable part was the location was next to the beach.
Productive, good place to work, good hours, good management, and always put the customer first but also dedicated to their employees as well.
Courtsey Clerk (Former Employee), Isom, KYDecember 26, 2014
Pros: good hours, good management, low prices, dedicated to satisfying their employees as wel as their customers.
IGA is a local grocery store in Isom. It is a good place to work, managed very well and you also get good hours. They aways put the customer first but are also dedicated to keeping their employees happy, motivated, and giving them a good work enviroment where they enjoy coming to work everyday
This was a great place to work with great people.
Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2014
Pros: advancement opporunities
Cons: lack of stability
Although great places to work and plenty room for advancement for someone that puts forth all of the extra effort such as myself, it was difficult as we were financially backed by Fleming Foods. Each time Fleming made a decision to close a location, it resulted in my unemployment.
Fun workplace, easy going, fast paced.
Cashier/Customer Service/Stock/Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Arcola, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: busy day, and nice employees
Cons: little pay, make up for others slack
A typical day at work consisted of me staying busy and doing my job. I often had to pull the weight of others to keep the store running.
I love my manager!!
Scan Coordinator (Current Employee), Florence, SCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: insurance, managment.
My manager but our warehouse employees are burnt out and they don't love their jobs any more.
I come in to work get everything set up 6AM.
Receive truck, do price changes.
produce manager then promoted to asst manager
Produce Manager/Asst Manager (Former Employee), Bamberg, SCDecember 1, 2014
produce manager order merchandise, over all cold produces near produce section, relay merchandise, won the first year with best Christmas fruit display, open and closed store, unloaded trucks, kept wharehouse in order

1 2 3 4 5

About IGA

IGA (Independent Grocers Alliance) was founded in America in 1926 and represents an alliance between wholesalers, retailers and – Read more

IGA Salaries