IGA Employee Reviews

Close to home with hometown feel in customers and other employees
Meat Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYFebruary 25, 2017
Rate of pay was horrible, especially for tasks expected for completion each day.
I started in the Deli and quickly moved up to cashier, then the meat department within a few months.
The meat department manager quit so I was replacing her and took on every job she had previously endured each day for almost half the pay;however, I was promised a raise which I never received, and after 3 months I quit.
I would cut all the meat for each sale change as well as normal cuts provided to meet demands of the community each day.
I remerchandised the cases according to sale changes each week, as well as removal of products that were not selling or approaching date of expiration per quality control.
I did not feel I was appreciated by management by the pay rate and not receiving my raise as promised so I quit, especially with expectations increasing on a daily basis.
Pros
Close to home, people working there were great
Cons
Rate of pay was horrible, not much employee appreciation nor major advancement opportunities
Productive and Fun work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day at work here is busy! I learned how a manager goes about their day because I was given that opportunity here. The management there is okay. Workplace culture is great. The hardest part of the job would be working in the deli department. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a cashier and seeing familiar faces. Meeting people and talking to them is also great. If I were offered more money there, I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Company provides food for special occasions.
Cons
Low wages
Fun people but new management
Full Time Stock (Current Employee) –  Saint Stephen, SCDecember 26, 2016
I have worked here for a good while and met some of the best people God has put on this earth here. The tasks are various and you should be expected to multi-tasking regardless of your positions, but the friendly Co workers and most customers make it worth while.

We are still getting used to cope rate management, and other than the occasional gripe we are fairing well. This is a great place to start, but not to stay.

Job advancement opportunities are few and far in between.
The people are what make the job worth it.
Cashier/Carryout/Stocker/Deli (Current Employee) –  Colerain, OHOctober 24, 2016
A typical day at work is overall tiring and sometimes stressful. I have learned how to work with customers in person and on the phone. I have learned to be respectful to those who may not even deserve it. My managers are great people but tend to get irritated when you ask questions which in the end is very destructive. My co-workers are nice people for the most part. The carryouts tend to only want to talk though because they are young. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is the amount of stress you get after being there for so long and working so hard to get nothing in return. If you do nothing for the store you still get paid the same amount as the person who has been breaking their back for the past few years. The most enjoyable part is the relationships you build with the customers and co-workers. I love my job, honestly I do but I can continue to break my back for someone who can't see the potential I hold or tries to limit me.
Pros
Free Food on Holidays/Special Events
Cons
No healthcare, pay raises, hours are always changing, ect.
Cashier job with somewhat bad management and discontent workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delta Junction, AKAugust 29, 2016
While I enjoy any job that lets me work with people, this was not a job I enjoyed. My co-workers were nice people and I quickly fell into a group with them, but the management was unprofessional and often unreasonable. For example, I was extremely dizzy one day (to the extent that I couldn't stand unaided) and one of the owners refused to let me leave, despite the recommendation from my on-the-floor supervisor that I go home.

Besides being somewhat unreasonable, one of the owners was very unfriendly during every interaction I had with her. I had always been told to never work here, but I was desperate one summer and regretted working there very early in my employment.
There is an extremely high employee turnover here, and it is not because people are fired: it is because they quit or leave for school and do not reapply the next summer. Even when the employees all work well together, the general work environment is not one with a content or happy vibe.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
discontent work environment, somewhat bad management
It was a nice high school job.
Cashier / Florist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 2, 2017
I had this job in high school and it was nice while I did not have many bills to pay. They rarely give you raises. It is a hard place to advance, but the environment was nice and it was an easy job.
Overall a good place to work to learn new experiences.
Cashier and Salesperson/ Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nashville, INAugust 9, 2016
A typical day consists of quality assurance stock cleaning trimming and more stock. I have learned a lot of valuable skills from every department in the store since i have worked most of them my time as a floater. Most management tend to be fair but do not communicate as often as needed. The hardest part of the job is staying out of politics. The most enjoyable part are most customers and the sense of community in the store
Pros
Nice customer base, Decent product, Decent prices
Cons
short breaks, no communication, no way to advance within store
Ok
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Opp, ALJanuary 29, 2017
IGA is ok for a high school job. Most of the people that were there was usually in high school. The pepole there are friendly and the management is willing to work with you.
Benefits
productive and hard working
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hawley, PAAugust 25, 2016
I was a cashier and bagger, also stocked shelves put merchandise out and brought in carts. Learned about cash management and multitasking. Management was hard to get along with sometimes but the coworkers were great and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers but always made them happy in the end. Happy customers made the job easier.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no benefits
Very productive and organized
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newton Falls, OHNovember 21, 2016
Job is organized and procedural, but the Newton Falls owner can impose a feeling of suppression, or sadness. Before applying, make sure you can handle stress, angry management, Boss or superior verbal criticism (yelling). If you can work very hard, and precise you will be fine, but you will receive dirty looks, and screaming lectures from the owner from time to time.
Pros
Paid vacation, good hours
Cons
Bad/negative management
Questionable management, otherwise good.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAOctober 7, 2016
I know other people have had good experience with this store, or at least seem to because they've worked there for years. Personal experience, while limited, wasn't good. I was hired with management knowing I would have a somewhat hectic soccer schedule for the fall season. I was then released from my job 3 weeks later for my schedule being too complicated. The job itself wasn't bad. Typical grocery store courtesy clerk: bagging, cart return, cleaning, customer service and stocking.
fast paced ,productive enviroment steady work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Delta Junction, AKNovember 28, 2016
process orders to the deli face display cases ,rotate stock. and replenish as needed and handle customer special order request .
The hardest part of the job ,would be having to go home . The most enjoyable is part, is starting the day .
Pros
Close to home, steady work .
Cons
No medical or retirement benifits
Entry Level
Stock/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIMarch 7, 2017
Another entry level job easy work. Something you do if you are in school or need to get the work experience. This is not a lifelong career job. Duties are simple repetitive and easy to do.
productive work place with friendly employees
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mackinaw, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Clean the sitting area and get food ready for customers. Help them get the salads/meats/hot case items that are needed. Decent management, friendly coworkers.
Cons
short to no breaks, never get to work 8 hours
productive day at iga
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at iga is pretty steady. All the workers are always busy doing something productive. Some things I learn are how to work with the public, use machinery, and overcome difficult task that come my way. The management at my work is not to bad. My boss usually treats you how you treat I'm, very respectful. My co-workers are very social able and easy to work with. The hardest part about my job is mainly nothing because I try my best at what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people.
Vary well put together store/job.
Bagger/ Stalker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, WYJune 6, 2016
Working at IGA was a fantastic job. I Worked as a Bagger/Stocker/Closer. Work was a typical 6-8 hour day 4-6 days a week. Vary well managed and Friendly environment. Pay was Standard with Posibilities of advancement. Learned a lot on keeping a good quality store. management was at the top of the list. Helped me on a personal level getting to know My customers. Labor intensive. Would reapply again.
Pros
great work enviroment
Terrible place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockfield, KYNovember 1, 2016
There was a lot of things to get accomplished and not enough time to do them given it was mainly a part time job. The management was horrible and wouldn't work with any school schedules.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, TNMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work is taking orders for county events, I have learned that the best thing to do is to listen what people are saying and to handle WIC. Management is great, they really work with your schedule. The hardest part about the job is worrying that every order meets the stores standards and the customers.
Pros
Work time and management
Cons
Benefits and pay
No go
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 11, 2016
Kept this job long time. Paid the bills but felt those years were wasted. No benefits no appreciation. Stayed too long. Slave driver. Was a franchise store not Corp
Caring enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lumber City, GAJuly 13, 2016
This IGA is located in a small town and the job culture is family oriented. The management is great and the work load is reasonable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGA. Our community is ready to answer.