iGate Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
Great work culture. Best part is health insurance which is really cheap.Good projects and management.Salary is average.
Policies are employee friendly.
Growth stalls after a certain period of time. Difficult to move out of a project.
Quantity over Quality
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2016
The Management an atmosphere at IGATE is very unprofessional. This is not a place to consider long term employment. Customer Service is not top priority, unfortunately, meeting an SLA takes precedence.
Pros
Work Schedule and Payment Compensation
Cons
Management is very unprofessional. You will be stressed to no end.
Productive workplace
Contractor (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 13, 2016
Company is casual dress, strict work ethics, can be cross-trained to work in other departments. Co- workers and management are helpful.
Pros
Able to change to different work areas.
Cons
Advancement is a lengthly procedure.
Easy job, but low pay and excessive hours
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2016
The particular department I worked at was an easy job in which we verified information on insurance claims. The job is fast paced and is a production based job, which you can only be released when all of the work is completed, therefore, your clock out time varies. The pay is low, but you make good checks due to the amount of overtime hours. In this job you learn the importance of teamwork since you cannot be released until all of the work is done, which is difficult at times because there are several co workers who are not willing to put the effort to do their share. The hardest part of the job was occasionally working 12 - 18 hour shifts, however on some days you could work 5 - 7 hours which was very enjoyable.
Pros
Easy job, occasional early release, holidays off
Cons
occasional 12 - 18 hour days
Military
Field Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 3, 2016
The USMC gave me a sense of direction, it showed me how to be a leader.
The people that i worked with was a team and that one thing that i miss about the Corps.
As I moved up in rank I was in charge of the Communication shop. I organized daily training for my Jr marines, coordinated with other offices to ensure that all communication were available for any operation. I supported over 30 operation in my career in the marine corp
Pros
team work
Cons
on call all the time
Good Company to start
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  dallas, TexasSeptember 2, 2015
Good company to start but less scope for 5-6 experience employee to learn new technologies.
Average management, less number of new projects.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Conpensation
Is a good mid sized company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 8, 2015
A very good company to start an individual's career. Provides with flexibility to maintain perfect work life balance. Ample opportunity for travel.
Pros
Environment that fosters good career, Good Mentor
Cons
Compensation and the fact its becoming part of big company
great place for a starter
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 30, 2015
An IT service provider with wide opportunities and great health care policies. The company recently got acquired and there is a lot of changes, which employees are not been informed off.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
low salary levels
stay away!!!!
underwriter (Former Employee) –  work from home after 3 weeks trainingMay 20, 2015
I worked for them for 4 weeks. They are incompetent, looking to get employees for the least amount of money they could get. No concept of fairness and fired 2 people in the first few weeks because of production issues. You do not want to underwrite for them unless you have too! Their maximum starting salary for underwriting remote is $26.00 hr- They tried to place underwriters for $15.00- $20.00. Even after I left, I continue getting e-mails soliciting me.
Pros
Cons
pay, lack of benefits, production driven w/o proper training, cheap equipment
Good Place to try multiple IT disciplines
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 15, 2015
Has a wide variety of IT job options depending upon your skill sets. You are encouraged to try different jobs as your qualifications allows for. The health insurance and benefits are good.The pay is average to above average depending upon what teams/groups you work.
Pros
Flexible job options
Cons
pay is average in some areas
fun
satellite tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 28, 2016
great place to work fun times loved working alone was able to ork alone and held accountable for my work.nice people great work enviorment
Pros
lunch
Cons
lunch
Good Company
SR. QA ENGINEER | TEST QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 18, 2015
Friendly environment. Helping co-workers. Management is good. Most enjoyable part is TGIM (Thank god it's Monday) where singing program is held every Monday. And fun Fridays where fun activities are organised within the team.
it is good but we dont have a set schedulle
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 30, 2015
the management team is not good organized, and its a big problem with the excessive hours. I like overtime but some weeks we just don't get any rest.
Zero advancement opportunities/Managers are clueless
Senior Associate III (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2015
Call center in Florida had managers who worked in India. Instead of hiring a manager for the call center, they hire people on as supervisors and have them perform the managerial duties. I helped transition a call center from a previous company to iGate, and the manager would ask how to run the call center and use the ideas as his own. For example, I would give detailed reports on call center performance. The manager would send out the reports after telling me not to do so (taking credit for the work), and then denied that I did the work on performance reviews. Good luck getting anywhere with this company.
Nice work
IT Engineer - System Associate level 3 (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 15, 2016
It's Nice work place and everyone is very supportive. I learnt lot of things from co-workers. I have enjoyed working there.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego,CAJuly 14, 2015
During clients hours we have worked, it helped us to maintain the customer and employee relationship. also directly client shared their requirements and communicate between customer and employees it help us to provide delivery on time with good quality product .IGate Management always support to maintain the relationship between customer and employees. Time to Time events and fun during work hours provide positive energy in work place.
Pros
Free Health Checkup, Indoor Out Door games
Average company
Program Manager/Project Manager/Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 8, 2015
It is professional company with growth opportunities early in the career. Under pays the employees though has good healthcare benefits. Less opportunity for advancement at middle management level.
Love the communication
Data Entry Operator/QC (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Liked the fact of getting to know new people everyday. Learned new process every now and then and makes me a better processor and qc member.
Pros
TEAM PARTIES, POTLUCKS
Cons
SHORT LUNCH
Worst job I ever had
Medicare Service Agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 19, 2014
The company is a mess from the VIPS to the cleaning ladies. This company uses the current economy to its advantage and pays their employees as little as they can get away with. The lack of benefits is one of the worst things about this company since you cant be out sick without your pay being affected. The daily operations in the facility are constantly breaking rules and regulation just to get the job done. The average worker does enough not get fired since the pay is low and no benefit package is provided. The only thing I take from this job is the learning experience in a great field. Most enjoyable part of the day is when I leave work.
Pros
work experience
Cons
low pay, no benefits, poor management
Not in-touch w/ employee
Lead IT Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2015
Spoke w/ hiring manager at the start of this job and on 1 year anniversary (when I called and ask for a raise). It took 5 months from the requested date to date the raise went into affect. Manager kept giving excuses when I tried to follow up every other week or so. Company policies nickel and dime the employees!
Pros
Average salary
Cons
No 401K match, 6 holidays per year, no annual evaluation