Ignite Restaurant Group

Ignite Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Greeter (Former Employee), Branson, MOJune 4, 2015
I loved this job! I made decent money for a greeter and had fun doing it. Great atmosphere. They dance and play fun music. There was definitely no shortage of hours if you are willing to work.
Good company
Bar Manager and Marketer (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I bar tended and marketed for a specific restaurant. Work schedule was flexible, although I was part time.
Great Risk Management Department!
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: My co-workers
Cons: hours
No day was the same, I learned quite a bit about restaurant customers in general, different computer systems, the importance of FULL COMPANY teamwork; but most importantly, I learned the most from my manager who always made sure we kept perspective. My co-workers were AMAZING!!
Fun as a Server
Server (Current Employee), FloridaNovember 1, 2014
Pros: heavily discounted meals, fun atmosphere
Cons: unprofessional coworkers at times
Very typical serving job for the most part, as you are expected to memorize the menu, selling points of menu and retail items and are ranked as a byproduct of your performance. Rankings at my particular restaurant got you more desired premium shifts if you did well.

Management is very professional for the most part, and had a surprisingly lower turnover for a restaurant job. If you need days off it is usually granted and if not, it is fairly easy to cover shifts quickly which makes work/home balance great.

As in most restaurant jobs, some employees were having outside romantic relationships, some professionally acceptable, others not; which does have a negative impact on the staff occasionally.

The best part of the server job (aside from earning cash pay daily) would have to be the fact that you don't take stress from work home with you - after your shift is completed, you're done!
Fun place to work. Always Busy.
Level 2 IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good environment. free lunches on friday. free breakfast on mondays
Cons: 2 short breaks allowed. very busy. (good or bad depending how you look at it.)
Everyone got along. Could always ask for help and 90% of the time would get it. Management and Upper management was very sociable. The hours worked for me personally were not ideal, but were handled.
very good work place
Lead Network architect (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2014
Cons: it dept work remotely is frowned upon
very good workplace, very employee friendly. provides catered lunch and breakfast throughout the week. offers many additional benefits to it's employees to achieve a pleasant work environment
legal dept & hr deptis are a nightmare to work for
anonymous (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: creative department which has now completely left the company
Cons: you are a slave with low pay and no room for advancement
The company as a whole does not value good employees. There are administrative assistants who do not know basic office functions and are promoted while seasoned employees remain in current positions. There is no room for advancement. HR is mismanaged. Legal is also mismanaged. It's very apparent to the entire floor how disorganized and unhappy the employees are. You will be sexually harassed, yelled at, screamed at, called stupid...go to HR and they do nothing about it. You cannot rely on their open door policy, it is nonexistent, if you complain the company will screw you over to save their butts. The only thing they take serious are employee lawsuits, which will be paid.
Joe's Crab Shack Daytona
server (Current Employee), daytonaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: management are aholes. especially fat boy ronnie
Never work here!! The turn over is crazy and the managers sleep with the hourlies! Everybody is micromanaged and the managers have no idea how to talk to people. If you want to be bullied and treated like garbage then this is definitely the place to be!! The only reason why so many people stay around is because its good money thanks to the tourists.
Constantly Putting Out Fires
Finance Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch on monday and breakfast on friday, plus $150 credit towards their restaurants.
Cons: disorganized, unprofessional environment.
The management constantly created more work through restatement issues, an acquisition, going public, etc. However, compensation, raises always lagged behind and was not consistent in the timing of the raises every year.

The benefit of $150 to spend on food at their restaurants is a nice perk, but does not begin to compensate for obvious deficiencies in efficiency, prioritization and compensation.

Co-workers were fun and made the day less mindless data dumping.

About Ignite Restaurant Group

Ignite Restaurant Group is a portfolio of restaurant concepts fused together by a common commitment to provide guests with memorable, – Read more

Ignite Restaurant Group Salaries

General Manager
$72,000 per year

Ignite Restaurant Group Photos

Kitchen Counter Roll out
Lunch menu: $7 in 7 minutes or it's FREE!!
Kitchen Counter Rollout