Ignite Restaurant Group

Ignite Restaurant Group Employee Reviews in United States

Sub par company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2016
Ignite Restaurant Group treats their employees like modern day slaves. There is no work life balance, employees are required to always be available. It's frowned upon if employees leave at their scheduled time even if they arrived early and worked through lunch. The benefits suck. The company is going to craps and have had three layoffs within two years. The stock price is constantly falling which leads to more layoffs.
Constantly Putting Out Fires
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2013
The management constantly created more work through restatement issues, an acquisition, going public, etc. However, compensation, raises always lagged behind and was not consistent in the timing of the raises every year.

The benefit of $150 to spend on food at their restaurants is a nice perk, but does not begin to compensate for obvious deficiencies in efficiency, prioritization and compensation.

Co-workers were fun and made the day less mindless data dumping.
Pros
free lunch on monday and breakfast on friday, plus $150 credit towards their restaurants.
Cons
disorganized, unprofessional environment.
Fun place to work, room for advancement
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Restaurant group was fun to work with. Very diverse in their needs and employees. Good group to work for and lots of room for advancement.
legal dept & hr deptis are a nightmare to work for
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2014
The company as a whole does not value good employees. There are administrative assistants who do not know basic office functions and are promoted while seasoned employees remain in current positions. There is no room for advancement. HR is mismanaged. Legal is also mismanaged. It's very apparent to the entire floor how disorganized and unhappy the employees are. You will be sexually harassed, yelled at, screamed at, called stupid...go to HR and they do nothing about it. You cannot rely on their open door policy, it is nonexistent, if you complain the company will screw you over to save their butts. The only thing they take serious are employee lawsuits, which will be paid.
Pros
creative department which has now completely left the company
Cons
you are a slave with low pay and no room for advancement
Fun as a Server
Server (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 1, 2014
Very typical serving job for the most part, as you are expected to memorize the menu, selling points of menu and retail items and are ranked as a byproduct of your performance. Rankings at my particular restaurant got you more desired premium shifts if you did well.

Management is very professional for the most part, and had a surprisingly lower turnover for a restaurant job. If you need days off it is usually granted and if not, it is fairly easy to cover shifts quickly which makes work/home balance great.

As in most restaurant jobs, some employees were having outside romantic relationships, some professionally acceptable, others not; which does have a negative impact on the staff occasionally.

The best part of the server job (aside from earning cash pay daily) would have to be the fact that you don't take stress from work home with you - after your shift is completed, you're done!
Pros
heavily discounted meals, fun atmosphere
Cons
unprofessional coworkers at times
Fun place to work. Always Busy.
Level 2 IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Everyone got along. Could always ask for help and 90% of the time would get it. Management and Upper management was very sociable. The hours worked for me personally were not ideal, but were handled.
Pros
good environment. free lunches on friday. free breakfast on mondays
Cons
2 short breaks allowed. very busy. (good or bad depending how you look at it.)
Great Risk Management Department!
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
No day was the same, I learned quite a bit about restaurant customers in general, different computer systems, the importance of FULL COMPANY teamwork; but most importantly, I learned the most from my manager who always made sure we kept perspective. My co-workers were AMAZING!!
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
hours
Great place to work!
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 4, 2015
I loved this job! I made decent money for a greeter and had fun doing it. Great atmosphere. They dance and play fun music. There was definitely no shortage of hours if you are willing to work.
Good company
Bar Manager and Marketer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I bar tended and marketed for a specific restaurant. Work schedule was flexible, although I was part time.
very good work place
Lead Network architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2014
very good workplace, very employee friendly. provides catered lunch and breakfast throughout the week. offers many additional benefits to it's employees to achieve a pleasant work environment
Cons
it dept work remotely is frowned upon
All work, some play.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
They say flexible hours...I learned about politics in the work place.... I created a great relationship with managers and trainers, with them knowing that they will receive an answer ASAP.
Pros
free drinks.
Cons
micro managed

2.9