Ignite Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
LICENSING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
I have wonderful managers. My work day is very productive. Sometimes fast paced. This job has been a great learning experience. I have learn a lot about Liquor Licensing in the past year and continue to learn every day.
Pros
Breakfast every Friday
Crazy hours
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2017
If you worked in IT supporting the restaurants, you are expected to work nearly around the clock, without adequate compensation for the hours you need to be available for.
It's Bad
Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
Place is crumbling around you. Just not a strong business plan and every month it seems like a fire drill to come up with ideas to keep revenue from plunging as it has for the last several year. Company probably won't exist in another 12 months.
Fun Co workers
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Terrible management. Our department head feels the need to mico manage every aspect of every employees job. They feel like they know everything and your opinion doesnt matter Employee's are not treated the same.
Pros
They serve breakfast every Friday
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Working at Ignite was a great experience. Everyone there is nice from coworkers to the managers. They have awesome benefits!
Good Food Good People
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Ignite is a place where a person can strive if given the opportunity. Management is tough to work for.
Steady pay check and fun co-workers
Pros
Friday Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Love my co-workers hated management
Server (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 22, 2016
Managers refused to set a time to train hosts properly so in turn the servers got the short end. Management didn't care because they're salary. Co-workers were very friendly and most weren't selfish.
Pros
Friendly hourly staff
Cons
Horrible management
Excellent Employer
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 17, 2016
I enjoyed this restaurant, it was a mutually beneficial restaurant. Very educational. Met a multitude of talented people and wonderful personalities.
Sub par company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2016
Ignite Restaurant Group treats their employees like modern day slaves. There is no work life balance, employees are required to always be available. It's frowned upon if employees leave at their scheduled time even if they arrived early and worked through lunch. The benefits suck. The company is going to craps and have had three layoffs within two years. The stock price is constantly falling which leads to more layoffs.
Fun place to work, room for advancement
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Restaurant group was fun to work with. Very diverse in their needs and employees. Good group to work for and lots of room for advancement.

Want to know more about Ignite Restaurant Group?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 4, 2015
I loved this job! I made decent money for a greeter and had fun doing it. Great atmosphere. They dance and play fun music. There was definitely no shortage of hours if you are willing to work.
Good company
Bar Manager and Marketer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I bar tended and marketed for a specific restaurant. Work schedule was flexible, although I was part time.
Great Risk Management Department!
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
No day was the same, I learned quite a bit about restaurant customers in general, different computer systems, the importance of FULL COMPANY teamwork; but most importantly, I learned the most from my manager who always made sure we kept perspective. My co-workers were AMAZING!!
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
hours
Fun as a Server
Server (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 1, 2014
Very typical serving job for the most part, as you are expected to memorize the menu, selling points of menu and retail items and are ranked as a byproduct of your performance. Rankings at my particular restaurant got you more desired premium shifts if you did well.

Management is very professional for the most part, and had a surprisingly lower turnover for a restaurant job. If you need days off it is usually granted and if not, it is fairly easy to cover shifts quickly which makes work/home balance great.

As in most restaurant jobs, some employees were having outside romantic relationships, some professionally acceptable, others not; which does have a negative impact on the staff occasionally.

The best part of the server job (aside from earning cash pay daily) would have to be the fact that you don't take stress from work home with you - after your shift is completed, you're done!
Pros
Heavily discounted meals, fun atmosphere
Cons
Unprofessional coworkers at times
Fun place to work. Always Busy.
Level 2 IT Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Everyone got along. Could always ask for help and 90% of the time would get it. Management and Upper management was very sociable. The hours worked for me personally were not ideal, but were handled.
Pros
Good environment. Free Lunches on Friday. Free Breakfast on Mondays
Cons
2 short breaks allowed. Very busy. (Good or bad depending how you look at it.)
very good work place
Lead Network architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2014
very good workplace, very employee friendly. provides catered lunch and breakfast throughout the week. offers many additional benefits to it's employees to achieve a pleasant work environment
Cons
IT dept work remotely is frowned upon
legal dept & hr deptis are a nightmare to work for
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2014
The company as a whole does not value good employees. There are administrative assistants who do not know basic office functions and are promoted while seasoned employees remain in current positions. There is no room for advancement. HR is mismanaged. Legal is also mismanaged. It's very apparent to the entire floor how disorganized and unhappy the employees are. You will be sexually harassed, yelled at, screamed at, called stupid...go to HR and they do nothing about it. You cannot rely on their open door policy, it is nonexistent, if you complain the company will screw you over to save their butts. The only thing they take serious are employee lawsuits, which will be paid.
Pros
creative department which has now completely left the company
Cons
you are a slave with low pay and no room for advancement
Joe's Crab Shack Daytona
server (Current Employee) –  daytonaFebruary 13, 2014
Never work here!! The turn over is crazy and the managers sleep with the hourlies! Everybody is micromanaged and the managers have no idea how to talk to people. If you want to be bullied and treated like garbage then this is definitely the place to be!! The only reason why so many people stay around is because its good money thanks to the tourists.
Pros
Good money
Cons
management are aholes. especially fat boy ronnie
All work, some play.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
They say flexible hours...I learned about politics in the work place.... I created a great relationship with managers and trainers, with them knowing that they will receive an answer ASAP.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Micro Managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ignite Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9