Ignite Social Media Employee Reviews in United States

Small social media shop
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 16, 2016
The agency received a large piece of business and had to staff up quickly - growing pains ensued along the way.

Social media is a spontaneous industry as is, made more hectic by the nature the client/agency relationship.

Office is very relaxed environment - casual dress code, can bring dogs to work, etc. Internal staff is generally nice, happy people.

Clients can make or break an agency experience - some were terrific, while others took advantage of Ignite's small and inexperienced staff, ultimately overwhelming the shop with unrealistic timetables and expectations given the agency's resources.
Fun and faced paced
pm (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIAugust 8, 2014
Working with inspired teammates and working towards a common goal. It was a great workplace!!!
Supportive and creative workplace
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIAugust 6, 2014
Being employed at Ignite Social Media has been the most enjoyable work experience of my life. There I was trusted with creating content for Fortune 500 companies including FIAT Chrysler Automobiles, E & J Gallo Wine, Samsung, and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I spent most of my time creating content, art directing and conceptualizing social content, copywriting, strategizing, interacting with the client, scheduling and monitoring content, engaging with fans and followers, organizing setting deadlines for guest contributors, brainstorming, analyzing data, and a myriad of other ad hoc tasks.

My co-workers were inspiring and supportive, always willing to collaborate and offer up new ideas for content.

The hardest part of my job has been losing it (I was laid off with over 40 of my co-workers due to losing a major client).

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to create on a daily basis and interact with my wonderful co-wokers.
Pros
co-workers, flex time, come and go as you please, no micro-managing, beer keg, occasional free lunch, constant collaboration, support from leadership
Cons
unpredictability of future with clients.
Internship
Strategist Intern (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MIAugust 9, 2013
My bosses are wonderful and made me feel welcomed right away. It is a really fun environment.
Ignite is a Great Company
Community Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 25, 2012
Fun and supportive company to work for. Innovative and progressive in both working environment and client base.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ignite Social Media. Our community is ready to answer.