IGS Energy

IGS Energy United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Energy Consultant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work by yourself.
Cons: traveling away from home for months to years.
The job is what you make of it. After training you are given your own area to work, no boss over your shoulder, stickily self motivated
Great environment, great company!
HOME ENERGY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), BEAVERCREEK, OHJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be me knocking on doors in the area I live in, educating customers on how to read their energy bills, and compare the rates to see if I can lower the cost for them. It was a big eye opener for me as I worked for them due to the fact that I, like the majority, had no idea how to read energy bills. The job itself is not one for everyone. You have to stay positive when you are getting rejected, and even more when you hit a neighborhood where nobody is home. The encouraging aspect is obviously when you enroll someone, or taking a step further and getting referrals from those customers. My team lead and manager were always supportive, giving suggestions, walking in the field with me, and meeting me in the office to better my skills. The office as a whole was filled with energetic and friendly coworkers. Obviously the hardest part in working for an energy company is the rejection. I had to meet a quota which can be very stressful. The best part of the job was being able to meet all types of people and learning how to mold my conversation to match theirs.
A Day In The Life
Home Energy Consultant (Current Employee), cranberry paNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: structure, direction, vision. untrustworthyness
A typical day at work includes travel to a neighborhood and knock door to door selling home energy products. We are selling mostly utility savings such as gas and electric. We also sell Utility line protection, and HVAC protection plans.

I learned the finesse side of sales, when to push when not to push. How to close, how to be personable, and what it takes to be a salesman.

I would say my direct supervisor has been great but overall management from corporate could use some tending to. The main reason why I'm searching for new employment is because I feel that we were pushed into a brand new untested market without vision or direction. All any employee asks for is that the people in charge take care of the employees and myself along with other employees feel that there is serious lack in that department. We no longer know who the enemy is, and that is a problem.

My co-workers are the reason I stayed with the company this long. We all know how terrible things have been for the past few months, yet we continue to motivate each other to do the very best we can. I am truly going to miss those people.

The hardest part of the job has been the continuous downward spiral of production from our branch.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to meet new people on a daily basis and the freedom.
Fun job at times but...
Sales Represenative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2014
The people that work there are easy to get along with but management and organization skills are lacking severely. The hardest part of the job is not knowing whether or not your deals will go through and whether or not your going to get paid on them. Also, not knowing how much you're going to get paid' if it is approved, during the time of the deal being made. The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling to different cities and meeting new and interesting people.
IGS Energy
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2014
The company is a very good company and they offer excellent benefits/pay for door-to-door sales. It is also easy to make the required amount of sales to meet weekly goals.
great company!
Sales Trainer - Home Energy Consultant Channel (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJune 15, 2014
A great place to work overall! The people there are excellent and really care about their work! It is very much a family environment!
Fast paced Door to door
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dayton ohioJune 4, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: long days, cancellations
Going door to door selling IGS energy, by supporting the client to choose a certain gas provider instead of the broad "DPL" provider.
hard work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: self motivated
Cons: commission
IGS Energy is an independent energy supplier providing Natural Gas and Electricity to more than 1 million customers throughout the US. IGS Energy offers choices to energy consumers rather than being locked into an inflexible relationship with the utility; consumers can now choose their energy supplier. From this innovative view of energy sales to our commitment to American energy dependence, IGS Energy is a pioneer in the industry.
Nuturing Place For Chilren
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2014
Pros: free food, great management
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Management was great for the exception of pay rate which was $100 weekly. The home daycare was colorful and warming. It was a second home to the children that attended.
ok area meet new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: traveling to different parts of city
Cons: no breaks
co workers would have brief meeting before sent on field and trained go door to door and reduce charges on comed bill
Bad Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garfield Hts, OHApril 3, 2014
This was a very bad work experience. hey never answer the phone. They never pay employees on time.
great family run company
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Current Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great paid benefits
Cons: leadership skills
very fast and growing company
most enjoyable part of job is the co-workers
great job
Verification agent (Former Employee), dublinDecember 26, 2013
I thought this job was great! I like the pay, the hours, and the fact that the bathrooms where always clean. Management was very relaxed but made sure business was taken care of.
No room for advancement
CSR (Former Employee), Dublin, OHOctober 15, 2013
Not a fun place to work. at least at an entry level. the management needs help badly. I don't recommend this job to any one.
A nice building to work in.
IT Help Desk Support (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2013
Pros: free concert tickets
Cons: no flexibility in scheduling
Good benifits though not big on promoting from within or cross training.
fun sales job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: traveling to different cities.
Cons: there is no hourly pay straight commission.
A typical day at work just consist me talking to residence in different cities in the state of ohio about lowering cost on their utilities every day is different so you don't know how your day will go some days better than others. What I learned from working here is maintaining a positive attitude no matter what the day may bring and just to keep working. The most enjoyable thing about my job is just to talk to different people and staying busy it makes the day go fast. The hardest part about my job is that I'm walking all day door to door and working in all type of weather all year long.
sales, customer service
Field Agent (Sales) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2013
Pros: sales
bringing to clients information , to lower there montly bill cost down
Productive and fun
Senior EDI Consultant (Current Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 8, 2013
Pros: very friendly environment
Cons: compensation might not be competitive.
Great place to work for
Good friendly environment
Great work life balance
Good chance of gaining more customer service skills
Broker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2013
Job only offered pay based on commission.
The day at work consist of my team and I going out doing door to door consultation to advertise our company. The hardest part was working with difficult customers who showed no interest at all. The most enjoyable part was actually making the sale.
easy to do
Door to door sales (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 6, 2013
Pros: good money and helps you interact better with people
Cons: sometimes you dont make nothing
Working at IGS Energy is really not a complicated job. You basically go to people houses to try to convince them to lower they gas bill and if they accept you get paid for that person which is 20.00 dollars a person.