IGS Energy Employee Reviews in United States

Great culture and support system
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Twp, PAApril 27, 2016
Great company to work for! They take pride in their culture. Health and wellness are huge and the benefits and paid time off are fantastic. The team is great and everyone gets along and there is a great support system.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
Great Company to work for
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 30, 2016
I am not a salesman... If you are people driven , motivated and confident in yourself this job is for you. you must generate a goal every week on sales achieve and maintain it. I could not reach my weekly goals in sales... I took this job cause no one else would hire me so I tried something new, well I could honestly say being a salesman is a tough job... I just could not close the deal... the company is a great place to work for they are a great group of people and the Company is a driven company to provide and help there customers in saving energy cost. I'm just not a salesman.
Terrible employment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2016
This company by far is the worst company. I knew someone that worked hard and always made a sale each time they went to advertise solar and that person was terminated for no reason at all. and they have a law suit out! Do not go with a company with this type of reputation.
Pros
Productive and fun place to work
Home Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 10, 2016
• Generate business by working an assigned territory selling utility line protection, HVAC protect, natural gas and/or electricity.
• Use a consultative selling approach; increase customer’s awareness of choice as well as competitive advantage over other energy providers; provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the sale.
• Assure quality and accurate representation of products; represent the company professionally and ensure that potential customers have an exceptional experience.
• Keep detailed records of sales activity
Pros
Great people, flexible shift
Cons
Job security
Amazing Culture
Director of IT Solutions Delivery (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 16, 2016
IGS Energy is a great place to work! Working at IGS feels like working with family. The Executive Team keeps you informed and genuinely care about their employees.
territory manager
Home Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 24, 2016
Your benefits of this job would be pay and it goes up after a couple of months of being there. The position is door to door outside sales representative which can possibly bother some people due to working in all sorts of weather inclement. You definitely have to be tough skinned for the job because alot of customers will say not interested. Moreover my team lead and market manager were okay for the most part however my conflict came when I told them upfront i was in a fulltime masters program and they told me the job would be Monday-Friday and no Saturdays but to find out Saturdays were required also which affected my school schedule. So they want you to work Monday thru Saturdays for $535 per week for around 50 hours a week which the extra day became not worth it. Also our location market manager seems to take off every week one day out of the week because his dog is sick which is completely ridiculous. There is also a huge disconnect between corporate and the offices. Technically when it gets dark you should go home according to corporate but the individual offices want you to work until 9:00pm or 7:00pm knocking on doors. Also here's what they don't tell you, 0-10 sales is your base salary but if after training you don't make your sales you get three strikes then your fired. Also they don't explain commission real well. Let's say you got 7 sales in a week which they require 10 after training , and you got 16 renewals then that's like $45 times 16 but what they don't tell you is that you have to make those 10 sales every week in order to get the additional money and if you  more... don't then you just made 16 renewals for the company extra in their pockets but it screws you over. In the winter they lower sales goals every week because they know sales will be lower but not the individual 10 sales per week. Training ends after 1 month so if you figure in the first week it isn't the job for you start applying to other jobs. Also you can't leave the position until 6 months or longer.  less
Cons
not telling the complete truth to potential hires during interview
Doesn't pay employees!!
full time (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 14, 2015
My husband was laid off from work and we were stuck on unemployment. He applied for IGS on a whim, and received an offer letter. We initially declined the offer, as the hourly rate wasn't enough for our family of 4. After being assured it would be more than that after the solar panels installed were counted and the promised "bonuses", he accepted the job. The very first pay check never came, and it was supposedly "accounting's" fault. We gave them the benefit of the doubt, because human error, first pay check, etc. It was sent via wire transfer, and they made us pay the $15 fee and the check was only $300 after working 80 hrs! Less than unemployment, which we were vehemently assured it wouldn't ever be in the offer email. Now, 3 checks in, all have been short. Always an excuse. It was so and so's fault for not counting the solar panels, or the promised bonuses never happened. Not once has the check been more than unemployment!!! When the labor board was contacted, someone was told they had a previous business that was shut down FOR NOT PAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES!!! Needless to say, I do not recommend this company, and don't at all be surprised if they get shut down but the labor board, again, who has been contacted by more than one employee. And don't bother trying to contact the CEO, instead of showing up to the employee set up meeting as promised, he's fled to China. Happy Holiday's everyone!! We can not afford to get our children presents this year because of this "company". I hope someone in this place reads this, and can show compassion, or, at the very least, fear of their  more... day in court.  less
Great place to work depending on department
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 8, 2015
Great environment some people in management tend to not lead by example. Which can make it tough at times. be prepared to hit the ground running know the industry even more k now your customers. know what to expect.
Pros
great company
Cons
know the industry and background
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 21, 2015
n/a I don't want to talk about it at all for the fact remains I will be silent about what takes place her.................................................
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Family atomosphere
Customer Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 13, 2015
A typical day at IGS is taking inbound calls concerning gas and electric bills. Note the calls and try to upsell or sell depending on the customer.

IGS taught me how to properly read my bills and thru that understanding I was able to put myself in the customer's shoes and explain things easily.

Management at IGS was ok... a lot of passing the buck when it came to personal matters or asking for time off. Insurance was lacking greatly which lead to me leaving since I'm diabetic.

My co-workers were amazing. I still keep in contact with a lot of people that are still at IGS and those that have moved on.

The hardest part about the job was the lack of growth both with hours offered and promotions. There was a lot of animosity between customer service and the other offices because customer service was thought of with so much negativity. We were unable to attend a lot of functions the company offered primarily because we were "stuck on the phones."

My co workers made my job very enjoyable. Since our department was always frowned upon it brought all of us together no matter whose team you were on.
Pros
co- workers, free coffee
Cons
insurance, customer service being on the bottom of the totem pole, no bonuses or different hours.
Na
Home Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 19, 2015
IGS seems to be a good place to work for since I am a recent college graduate. What I can not make a statement about is working outdoors during the winter, which will be upon us soon, only time will tell.
Cons
Outside work
very friendly environment, work was fun and productive
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 15, 2015
Co workers were very friendly, the work kept you in shape, worked all day through all weather conditions non stop. some customer were rude and others were generously nice. managed your own paperwork and hours. work everyday, Sundays were optional. most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people everyday and build relationships with customers who were already in the system. hardest part was having to work through the winter time. I learned marketing skills, how to approached customers many different effective ways and how to talk my way into a sale.
Pros
traveling, get sunday off, able to work even off the clock
Cons
working through all weather conditions, the rude customers
Business Analyst
Business Analyst / Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 1, 2015
Nothing but good experiences at IGS. They move very quickly because they have exploded in growth the past couple of years. Learning every day and great people too.
Pros
Building is awesome, people, learning
Cons
Hours can get long, tough to keep up sometimes
Sales/Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2015
great coworkers, learned new skills, better communication, group oriented, self motivated, customer service, good workplace, customer satisfaction, great work experience,
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 2, 2015
The job is what you make of it. After training you are given your own area to work, no boss over your shoulder, stickily self motivated
Pros
work by yourself.
Cons
traveling away from home for months to years.
Great environment, great company!
HOME ENERGY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  BEAVERCREEK, OHJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be me knocking on doors in the area I live in, educating customers on how to read their energy bills, and compare the rates to see if I can lower the cost for them. It was a big eye opener for me as I worked for them due to the fact that I, like the majority, had no idea how to read energy bills. The job itself is not one for everyone. You have to stay positive when you are getting rejected, and even more when you hit a neighborhood where nobody is home. The encouraging aspect is obviously when you enroll someone, or taking a step further and getting referrals from those customers. My team lead and manager were always supportive, giving suggestions, walking in the field with me, and meeting me in the office to better my skills. The office as a whole was filled with energetic and friendly coworkers. Obviously the hardest part in working for an energy company is the rejection. I had to meet a quota which can be very stressful. The best part of the job was being able to meet all types of people and learning how to mold my conversation to match theirs.
A Day In The Life
Home Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  cranberry paNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work includes travel to a neighborhood and knock door to door selling home energy products. We are selling mostly utility savings such as gas and electric. We also sell Utility line protection, and HVAC protection plans.

I learned the finesse side of sales, when to push when not to push. How to close, how to be personable, and what it takes to be a salesman.

I would say my direct supervisor has been great but overall management from corporate could use some tending to. The main reason why I'm searching for new employment is because I feel that we were pushed into a brand new untested market without vision or direction. All any employee asks for is that the people in charge take care of the employees and myself along with other employees feel that there is serious lack in that department. We no longer know who the enemy is, and that is a problem.

My co-workers are the reason I stayed with the company this long. We all know how terrible things have been for the past few months, yet we continue to motivate each other to do the very best we can. I am truly going to miss those people.

The hardest part of the job has been the continuous downward spiral of production from our branch.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to meet new people on a daily basis and the freedom.
benefits
Cons
structure, direction, vision. untrustworthyness
Fun job at times but...
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2014
The people that work there are easy to get along with but management and organization skills are lacking severely. The hardest part of the job is not knowing whether or not your deals will go through and whether or not your going to get paid on them. Also, not knowing how much you're going to get paid' if it is approved, during the time of the deal being made. The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling to different cities and meeting new and interesting people.
IGS Energy
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2014
The company is a very good company and they offer excellent benefits/pay for door-to-door sales. It is also easy to make the required amount of sales to meet weekly goals.
great company!
Sales Trainer - Home Energy Consultant Channel (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 15, 2014
A great place to work overall! The people there are excellent and really care about their work! It is very much a family environment!