IGS Energy Employee Reviews

Great experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Had my first airplane ride with this company. It was one of many leaps. This company got me off the ground and I was feeling alive. The start of my journey to outside sales! what a dream.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 11, 2018
meeting different people through out the day. helping customers meet there goal needs. and showing great customers skills. following up with customers
good benefit
Commercial Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 9, 2018
good salary, good benefit, the idea of change the door to door vision you can grow fast whit the company they training you that you be ready we al the tools
Very good place to work with good benefits
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 6, 2018
The job culture is very collaborative and mutually encouraging of success and advancement. Their are many benefits. And the management and training are very good. It is well organized with cutting edge technology to make your job more productive.
Pros
Oppurtunity for advancement and high earnings.
Cons
Must work outdoors during bad weather
Fun job
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 1, 2018
The job was very fun, I got to meet a lot of new people and I never knew what the day would bring. The downfall was having to work door to door in the rain, thunder, lightning, and snow with a bunch of electrical equipment.
horriable
Outsbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 1, 2018
was lied to when I was hired, had to meet goals that were unobtainable per the calls that we were taken.also never felt like I was apart of the team per the way upper management treated us after or during training..was ask to meet goals on programs that management understood was we was not going to get money from set up to lose worst decision of my life to get to this co..out bound sales had a high turn over rate for a reason....JUST DONT DO SALES AT THIS CO!!!
Pros
Checks
Cons
Sales goals are unreall in th programs they have you calling
Great Place to Work
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 18, 2017
Days were fun and and the culture and environment were very positive. Education was a focus, and I learned the industry in depth. Optional, free classes on fitness, mental health, industry and other topics were available and time to participate in these classes was generously offered. Management was respectful and treated employees with respect and as individuals. The hardest part of the job were days when call volume was high and times when our pricing was not competitive with other's in the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and the focus on educating employees. I built genuine friendships with many of my coworkers and my direct supervisor.
Pros
Culture, Administration, Fair Wages, Full Benefits
Cons
Limited path for Advancement
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
My responsibility was to help clients how to save money in their electricity bill give them the lowest rate in renewable energy , and regular energy .
IGS Energy
Commercial & Industrial Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2017
IGS is a great company with an amazing culture. Top management values each employee and works to ensure that everyone in the company is growing. It is a great company.
Fun place to work
Home Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
The job is tough but rewarding to those that stick to the given system of selling themselves and the product. I found the co-workers were very supportive and my market manager was always there for me.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Door to door dales
IGS Energy
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
This is a great place to work with benefits and a positive work environment. You also will work with good people and enjoy a decent base salary. This company had a winning business model with the technology of the future in mind.
Best Company I ever worked for
Solutions Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 2, 2017
Family owned company and very down to earth CEO. Company works on having a positive work environment. Quarterly meetings. Thorough training when hired.
IGS also wants to be working for the community and has two days in which employees are volunteering their time.
Pros
They really look out and give what they can to keep employees happy suck as a free fitness center
Cons
Healthcare not the best
I enjoyed it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 22, 2017
I thought it was a great place to work. People were great, nice atmosphere. Decent pay, bonus available. I liked it. I left because of a family situation at the time. But I would recommend IGS Energy for sure.
Pros
nap room
Cons
Saturday work
Igs
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work, however the door to door part of this job got to me. The best part of the job is obviously the pay. Typical day is driving to an area to go door to door to convert customer to IGS as their energy supplier.
Pros
Great management teams, no big brother over theshoulder
Cons
Weather, Rejection at the pitch
Pressure cooker
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 21, 2017
Principals of the company are good, but not practiced well away from the home office. Field Management is unable to stick to a single plan. Often forgetting what they originally said.
Very great atmosphere!
Satellite Lead (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJune 26, 2017
Excellent culture and work environment. Many incentives to keep you excited and thrilled. Definitely recommend anyone who wants to work there to give it a try.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Challenging job
Door to Door sales --- unrealistic demands -- STAY AWAY!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LEHIGH VALLEYJune 15, 2017
Unexpected demands with no real management. Expected to put in 12 hour days and also forced to work Saturday. The compensation comes to less than minimum wage when considering the hours required. Driven by numbers only and when you don't meet them you are gone quickly. Does not care about employees. Constantly harassed by phone calls to work harder on your sales which they keep increasing. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Especially in the LEHIGH VALLEY area.
Pros
Cons
Less than minimum wage when considering the hours required. No real management.
Overall good company to work for
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 13, 2017
If you don't mind the outdoor canvassing door to door than this is a great company to work for. Decent starting wages and regular raises. Also possibilities for advancement are good. If I didn't have trouble with the physicality of this job I'd still be there.
Pros
Great starting wages
Cons
strenuous physically
Territory Manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2017
Don't do this job if you are a female. My team lead never talked to me and he acted as though he ran the office instead of the manager. Not what they promised.
Pros
pay and retreat for sales force
Cons
management, hr operations
Door to door sales
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 5, 2017
This job carries with it unexpected and unrealistic demands and does little to compensate you for your trouble. Door to door sales are emotionally exhausting and this company is driven by numbers, not care for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGS Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8