IGS Energy Employee Reviews

Not a good fit
Door to Door Sales (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAMarch 15, 2017
The people are good to work with but it's a very tough and stressful job only a certain kind of person can do it.if you don't hit your quota for the week you work 6 8 hour days
Pros
The people are nice
Cons
The job sucks
Bad Experience
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2017
Management made it hard to work efficiently. Could not produce their expectations. Outdoor sales. No productivity from selling door to door. They tried to make a workplace culture but it felt more forced than anything else.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
Worked out in hot elements making it difficult to be enthused
Fun place to work but a lot of hard work
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 20, 2017
Outdoor sales Representative positions are easy enough to come by but, you have to put in the time to benefit from the position. Great starting pay with plenty of opportunity to make extra money. I'm just not great at sales so it didn't fit my lifestyle or stability level I was looking for.
Great company to work for
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Its very competitive to get yourself into the door and the company has been growing. The energy industry is competitive however they have a great sense of employee moral.
Fun and a different career
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Like the fact we get to meet twice a week to catch up on latest news, most enjoyable part of the job is the person to person interaction. I learned to balance my work life with my social life. Management is very understanding and brings the best out of yourself.
Pros
Great balance in work life, advancement in business is possible with good work ethic
Cons
Nice place for entry/mid level
Territory Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for IGS but towards the end of my employment I found the sales goals to be more about New Agreements and less on client services. It was my impression that if we took care of our clients, the business would take care of itself. With the low variable rates offered by the utilities, I started believing less in the benefits of the overcharged fixed rates we were offering.
Pros
Excellent work environment and community service programs
Cons
ever changing sales goals and compensation criteria
Great at the beginning of employment.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time at IGS, however, they asked you to work outside of your permitted hours, had you work in areas that no solicitation ordinance was in effect and put you in very rural areas where there was no market for gas and some no electric (Amish folks). I had been warned many times by law enforcement which is embarrassing. They were not totally truthful about compensation as well. We were supposed to get residual income I never saw it. I was promised $25 dollar gift cards for achievements and on three occasions I never got them. Great job in the summer but winter left a little to be desired, very light weight jackets, no neck warmer, gloves. Mileage reimbursement was less than half the national average. Not to mention you beat your car up on rutted, dirt roads.

Upper management was good, middle mgmt. was often unreachable. Voice mail boxes constantly full, untimely return of phone calls, sometimes two days later. When you have an emergency and leave management a message you would think you would get a response. When I finally spoke with him, I got "oh, I never got the message or txt".

If the company would learn the demographics of the areas they are working in, instead of micromanaging things, I think they would have great success.
Pros
Some travel
Cons
Mileage, exceeding permitted hours, winter clothing.
Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2016
If you want to risk losing your job for not reaching a certain quota, this i the job for you. I worked there for almost a year, caused no problems and did everything i was supposed to and they laid me off.
Company on the rise
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2016
Company is all about change. Trying to change the culture of their sector. Typical day would be to come in and make roughly 300 calls a day to current and past customers to obtain new enrollments. Coworkers were great. Middle Management was sub par, but upper management was great.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Swing Schedule, and immediate leadership
ok
Budget billing rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2016
Igs was ok i had to sign go door to door signing to help them save and lower there bills

the hardest part of work there was like my last job i get payed based off how many people i put in
I walked in my office over 2 years ago and just knew this was home.
Sales- Leadership (Current Employee) –  PaOctober 15, 2016
IGS Energy- family owned, family culture 24/7, living the values !
I love my job!!!!
Planning on staying here until it's time to retire lol.
I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Compensation is legit and so is this company
Cons
None to speak
A Productive place to learn something new
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2016
I enjoyed being around and to work with different people.what i learn bout to the job is that it can become stress,but u have to keep calm and focused on your task.The management were very professional.
My co-workers were very helpful and also focused on there task also.Having a difficult time going to door to door and dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part bout the job was meeting new people.
Pros
free learning
Cons
working in any weather example: rain, snow
Commercial Industrial Sales Intern
Commercial Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
IGS Energy sets their commercial industrial interns up for success. From the rigorous training, to the excellent mentoring, you truly learn the ins and outs of the energy industry and how to become an effective sales person. Fantastic work place culture, employees, and a can do attitude at every turn.
Lots of Freedom!
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2016
I was able to pretty much do whatever I wanted to do as long as I hit my quota. I hated attending the monday morning meetings because it was never very helpful and always very far out of my way.
Pros
Commission
Cons
If you did not hit your quota you got in trouble.
Direct
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJuly 6, 2016
Direct marketing company. No appreciation by the consumer.
Quota oriented and high pressure to fulfill quota weekly. Door to door sales is not a job at all.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No appreciation by consumers
False promises of gift cards never recieved.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 17, 2016
This is a mindless job and pretty much anyone who can speak and walk can do this job. If you are not from the United States and work in some branches you will not be treated as well as your American Co-Workers despite working harder than any of your team mates. The most successful employees lie to customers because IGS rates are often higher than other companies and even utility company. The company stalks your every move such as what you use ipad for on your break. If they think you need your job will take full advantage of you because they know you are stuck. Ipad constantly go off in the heat. If looking to do door to door consider alarm company. Some of Co workers were great. Management let some who even were not making nearly as many sales get away with so much more. Great job if you want to beat car up and do not expect promises fulfilled.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
heat
Great culture and support system
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Twp, PAApril 27, 2016
Great company to work for! They take pride in their culture. Health and wellness are huge and the benefits and paid time off are fantastic. The team is great and everyone gets along and there is a great support system.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 20, 2016
IGS was Great I Loved working there. I learned alot from working at IGS energy like strengthen my communication skills and my customer service skills. Managers were awesome and co-workers were awesome. No hard parts just the beginning when i was working on my communication skills. Most enjoyable part about the job was the travel. We traveled out of state sometimes and i really enjoyed it.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
It Was Commission Only
Great Company to work for
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 30, 2016
I am not a salesman... If you are people driven , motivated and confident in yourself this job is for you. you must generate a goal every week on sales achieve and maintain it. I could not reach my weekly goals in sales... I took this job cause no one else would hire me so I tried something new, well I could honestly say being a salesman is a tough job... I just could not close the deal... the company is a great place to work for they are a great group of people and the Company is a driven company to provide and help there customers in saving energy cost. I'm just not a salesman.
Terrible employment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2016
This company by far is the worst company. I knew someone that worked hard and always made a sale each time they went to advertise solar and that person was terminated for no reason at all. and they have a law suit out! Do not go with a company with this type of reputation.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGS Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7