IGT Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Some of the other negative reviews are spot on. They demand all of your time and expect you to be ready to work at a moments notice, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They claim they are focused on safety, but if you complain that a certain task is unsafe you will get in trouble for not doing it. You are expected to climb on ice and snow covered roofs to service satellite dishes. Management plays favorites, and anyone that isn't in their little "group" is not given raises and is given the tougher tasks. You can be fired at a moments notice, for the most ridiculous of reasons.
Pros
Cons
see reviee
Great Job
John G, Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 12, 2017
I love working for this job, great co workers and management. Moving up in the company is possible and raises are great. give this job a chance and you wouldn't be let down
A grossly inefficient, corner cutting company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2016
In my opinion this company cuts so many corners you wind up going in circles.
- The work/ life balance is okay but, you have to force it. If you volunteer to work OT or extra days management will take advantage of you until you stop it.

- Compensation is below average. Management prefers to hire cheaply and under qualified as opposed to paying a higher wage for better talent. Benefits are industry standard however, the vacation time gets 5 stars.

- Long term contracts are a benefit but if the company loses a bid you're out of a job. There is no room for advancement and management does nothing to mentor employees. You can be fired for the most insignificant things.

- Management is completely disengaged. They preach teamwork only because it saves them from the effort of recognizing individuals. As management would say "you succeed as a team and fail as a team." Your annual reviews are rated purely on statistics as management has little to no clue what you really do in the field. The FST is held accountable for everything, even things completely out of the FST's control. Management will issue directives without providing alternatives to the cause. Management effectively ignores suggestions, particularly where spending money is involved.

- Job culture is centered around inefficiency often wasting gross amounts of the FST's time. This is due in part to a paging system that doesn't page the closest FST and a corner cutting tactic that causes FSTs not to have adequate inventory to perform service calls. The job itself isn't that difficult but is made so by management nurturing
  more... an adverse environment.

- A typical day involves chasing service calls, performing necessary installs or removals. If luck is on your side you'll get calls close by and be very productive. If luck is not with you the calls will have you driving 1-2 hours out of your way despite the fact there were calls close by and another FST is closer to the retailer to which you are driving. Each call serviced is done so with a sense of dread, a sense of dread you won't have the equipment to service the retailer and will have to locate a FST who has what you need. That person could be 1-2 hours away from you. Service calls have time limits in which they are to be closed. Projects are typically started in the last quarter and each one is done as if it is the first time. Nothing is ever learned from the failures of previous projects.
The bright side is you are unsupervised 99.9% of your time.

- Coworkers are hit and miss; some are awesome to work with while others are incompetent and try your patience. Because of management corner cutting mentality the incompetent FSTs are kept because they work for cheap while the competent FST has to go behind and clean up shoddy service repairs. Management also refers to this as 'teamwork.'

- The hardest part of the job is dealing with retailers who are not compliant therefore causing issues with the equipment and the FST not getting any support from management. As previously mentioned the lack of parts or equipment to properly service retailers. The FST learns to overlook issues as a simple repair can quickly turn into a fiasco due to not having parts or equipment.

- The most enjoyable part is the quick accumulation of vacation time and the rare occasion you get to spend time with favorite coworkers.
Pros
Vacation time, mostly unsupervised
Cons
Cheap, inefficient, disengaged, cronyism
Just a springboard
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2016
This company is not led by a progressive, forward thinking leadership team. It is a good place to start and gain some experience and leave shortly thereafter.
The work environment is not a good one due to the fact that management team is weak and ineffective.
Pros
The equipment is rather relevant as far as gaining experience.
Cons
Weak Management/Double Standards/Lack of a Company wide vision
Plenty of work but at the sacrifice of your family
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Essentially IGT rely on long standing contracts an prides itself on prompt field service to failing equipment that they fail to upgrade and properly secure for their customers to prevent frequent service visits. This in turns creates a very busy requirement of technicians in the field on all at a moments notice and although that might be great for a single person itching to make money; it ruins your chances at a normal life.

The reluctance to allow acquired vacation time and a schedule that shares the normal Saturday-Sunday weekend wreaks havoc with your personal life.

This is very true if your family life involves having children and the choices for your spouse looking for work are seriously limited; as you never know if you are going t be stuck at a site and CAN'T pitch in to take care of your kid.
Pros
one week vacation upon hiring
Cons
see above review
Exciting culture if you work for the right people.
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 3, 2017
The company has been around a long time. The industry is exciting and growing. The company itself has a long sustainable future. There is a lot of job security.
Pros
Job security
Terrible manangement!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 31, 2016
Management very clicky! This job will make you literally sick. Revolving door! Not sure how management gets away with all they do. Nowhere to go for issues. Run the other way!
Cons
Enjoy atmosphere and learning something new everyday
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2016
Great Supervisors very energetic positive. Long Hours very well worth it. Started job not knowing a thing about slot machines, now Im assembling trouble shooting. Doing things with a slot machine I thought I never could have done.
Really small low key call center
Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2016
I learned a lot about the Lottery business by working with this company. I learned the ends and outs of the technical side.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
pay/Salary
Great Company over all
Current Position-Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2017
Great Company over all. Great staff. great benefit. I have zero negatove things to say about IGT. I am thankful for the opportunity and the growth this company allowed me to have.
Giving a 110% everyday
Picker/ Material Handler driving a Picker forklift (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 16, 2017
Always setting goals for myself and what I could do better to achieve those goal. How can I motivate my fellow co-works to be a better team and more reliable.
Pros
willing to give a 110% on any job
Fun place
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 17, 2017
Igt is one of my fav place to work at with all the different machines you learn every month. I like working for them becuse they give me the skills i have learned. I also had a great coordinator who trained me and show me everything she knows by now.
Fun work at different casinos
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2017
Nice environment with good bosses
I learn a lot about new electronic devices
and about a different models of slot machines
from different companies.
The hardest part of the job is the shift time
but is work at slot machines.
Pros
long breaks sometimes
Cons
Graveyard shift is hard
Great place to work..
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 3, 2017
I enjoyed working there. my day went smooth, getting to know the workers were great. not a big fan of friends but these people were just great. working in this facility as it being my first time in a call center I learned a lot.
Excellent Place to Work
Systems Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2016
Really good work experience, Work/Life balance is pretty good. Got an opportunity to learn new things.

I have done all my certifications while working in this company.
Nothing good
Lottery Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 6, 2016
Horrible call center and pay freezes for years. Revolving door with little to no peer support. Very poor team structure.
Test Lead
Senior Project Manager - Testing Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2016
Responsible for managing Performance testing, Automation testing and functional testing activities for project’s, and offshore and onshore coordination
Easy work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2016
There is not much work/life balance at IGT. There is mandatory overtime if the Powerball/Mega Millions reaches a significant amount. The work is easy, but the environment isn't healthy.
Igt
Tech II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2017
A wonderful place to work for. They put a lot of effort into improving their employees and cultivating them to take a more advanced role.
IT Professional with 10+ years experience on Dotnet Technologies.
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2016
1. Learning lot from regular work
2. Supporting Management
3. Supportive co-workers.
4. The hardest part of the job.
5. Salary is average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9