IGT Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 3, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Friendly family environment. Opportunities to improve. I strongly recommend that you work there. Great place to work. Learned a lot.
Fun workplace
Project Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2017
I love working at IGT. Everyone is well trained, kind, helpful, understanding, and willing to help. The atmosphere is very positive and light, and the people in the office are friendly and know how to have fun when there is time.
A good job where you do not need a lot of training.
Lottery Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West TexasJuly 26, 2017
Your job includes servicing accounts on a consistent bi weekly basis and getting to know your customers. There is a great deal of driving and geography to cover.
Pros
Product is easy to market.
Cons
Salary could be better based on geography.
A team oriented prodject
Material Handler/ Qa (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2017
During my last UGA installation I worked with a very processional team.
Completing our projects on time. All members were detailed and willing to teach what they learned
ok to work here, management tries to get you for every little thing
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 25, 2017
I picked up and dropped off parts at certain areas of the warehouse.
Checked and counted locations of parts when needed to.
I had to handle parts very carefully, the parts were very expensive.
Also delivered kits to the production floor and to their lines.
Very fun and productive to work there
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
Would repair lottery terminals all day learn to repair printers and readers for the them amagement was very good and heplful very enjoyable cause would get to snack and drink at thr desk
The pay was good
Computer Operator I (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 15, 2017
Working at IGT was alright I guess. I unfortunately got partnered with someone who hated any new person that came in and didn't want to help train at all. I was stuck not knowing how to do my job and it fully understanding how everything worked. The employee that had problems with me also had problems with every single person in the operations room and her attitude sucked and she still was there. Everytime I went to management/HR I was just told that they pay me to do a job and not to be happy. And not to mention they wanted to fire us both because it seemed like just her and I were not getting along when that wasn't true. I ended up quitting after 8 months of working because I couldn't handle it. The days are long. Sometimes nothing would happen in one day and other days it gets busy. If you're the day shift it's hard to work appointments around it because of the rotating shifts. If your shift lands on a holiday you work that holiday even if it's Christmas.
Pros
1 hour lunches, all benefits (health, dental, vision 401K) right when you start, you get vacation right when you start
Cons
Long days, not helpful management, no proper training, not a good company culture in he office I worked in
Very cliqueish
Marketing/Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Greenwich, RIJune 9, 2017
I liked the people I worked with but some of the management were condescending. When I left it seemed like there was a lot of turnover due to the problems I just mentioned.
Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 6, 2017
Another cut-throat, corporate environment with an HR dept (states-side) that needs more diversity and some sensitivity awareness training. Another former employee warned me that this was a RACIST company. She did not lie. Heed the negative reviews - they're spot on!!
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Too many to list
Ok
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 31, 2017
The make too many excuses of why they're not hiring the amount to pay for compared to the amount they paid for production support is not right and hardly ever around they spend more time in meetings they do working on the floor
long hours of driving
Service Technician/Installer 3 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 31, 2017
would start at 7 am and on call until 10 pm so potentially could receive a call at 955 pm for a service call 300 miles away working late hours and taking a lot of time away from family. also working 15 plus hour days becomes very dangerous at times driving so late at night
Really loved working here. Met great people who are good friends now.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 24, 2017
As a Material Handler at IGT, I was responsible for inventory control for the international branches of the company.

The work environment is fun and relaxed. It is occasionally fast-paced, some times slower. The work is tedious, but time flies by due to the work environment.

Pay is fair, and sufficient for living in NV. Plenty of good benefits available if you are smart and take advantage of them.

Be careful about schedule changes and mandatory over-time.
Pros
Plenty of benefits available, Good people, Relaxed work environment
Cons
No-choice overtime hours
Great company
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2017
• Developed strong customer service and multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
• Documented specified steps to rectify system issues
• Maintained skype meeting calls
• Facilitated Engineers to specified properties for immediate assistance
Very good overall.
Sr Helpdesk/Dispatch Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2017
At the time, I did not have much experience working in a call center. This was my first experience after returning to work after a long illness.
This turned out to be a very good experience. At this call center I have made lifelong friends.
Pros
As above.
Cons
Unfortunately this call center had relocaled to Rode Island, with breaches in Austin, Tx and another further up the east coast.
great company
Casino Services Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NYMay 23, 2017
great company to work for, the management was spot on, very professional, good money and good employees, the down side is living and working the casino life
Pros
good money
Cons
casino life
This was a great place to work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. The management and on the job training was "spot on". It aforded the chance to work directly with customers and all the challenges that come with being an FST.
Overall one of the best learning and challenges oprojects worked on
Systems Integration Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 7, 2017
Learned and accomplished most projects on VMware, windows systems administrators, automated testing, regressions, black box, functional testing, white box and monkey testing...overall a great learning, challenges in gaming industry experiences
Pros
free coffee
Cons
401k, health care
Great Place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 5, 2017
I love the company, great coworkers, & great leadership! They give you the chance to learn & train while you work & also attend college while working there.
Typical Day
Software Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
multitasking several projects, supporting the team and reporting to management any escalations. I enjoy an open culture where people can be innovative and think outside of the box.
Spent a longer term here than my other contracts
Desk Side Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 30, 2017
- Management gives you freedom and access to new technology
- Fast paced corporate environment
- Technology is pretty up to date
- Very solid support system in place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGT. Our community is ready to answer.