IGT Employee Reviews

Be Aware
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 17, 2014
The company itself and overall staff were professional. Some departments had a much higher percentage of female gender like 90% and thus very men in management. Most of the female were professional as they should be. Unfortunately, I was not so fortunate and had an immediate supervisor that was degrading to men in her language and was spiteful, damaging my credibility by pulling in a private room and yelling at me telling me that I am worthless when in fact her bosses were using my work as an example for the rest of the group and gave me good reports. She was driven by jealousy and I finally had enough and left after 6 months straight of the terrorizing of my soul by her without anyone knowing about it until I quit. I later found out that I was not the only man she did this too but she also had a female friend to replace me. It all started when I was trying to take upon their encouragement of applying to supervisor role after a year and I was trying to this to get out of her wrath. I did not do a grievance because this supervisor was there terrorizing the souls of men for 15 years and the department was 90% women.
Pros
bonuses, benefits
Cons
poor supervisors that are allowed to terrorize anybody they choose
IGT Stable, well compensating employer
Sr. Systems and Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2013
My time at IGT was marked by turmoil and clash of a traditional company acquiring an Internet property (Wagerworks). IGT seemed to take a lot of time to determine where to place all of the new talent they had and tried to find a place for the Internet technologies. A lot of talented people work here, and they have very nice compensation and management as with most places can be hit or miss. I enjoyed my time at WagerWorks, very valuable learning, hard but rewarding work. Integration into IGT was another matter, they have a talented team but a stable and repetitive product so the work was standard, easy and less intellectually rewarding, though the compensation was very good.

IGT is a very good company, just not the same as the company for which I was originally hired, so the culture shock may have me rate them a tad lower than they should be.

I would recommend for anyone to work there.
Pros
pay, bonuses, profit sharing
Cons
repetitive, easy
I do not support working for IGT. They are not a friendly employee company.
Route technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2012
This company has poor management which reflects in the employees overall rating of this company.
When I went to work at IGT I saw numerous violations in safety and did not understand why employees did not advise their supervisors. Once working I saw employees fired for showing management weak areas.
Such as working with sign companies that employ under qualified people who end up working above you and dropping tools, equipment and 1000 pound signs on you. IGT employees are directed to work under them in unsafe conditions.
I advised the top manager in the service department and she ignored my warning, The very next day a Center Stage 103 inch monitor was dropped on an installation technician, who was afraid to do anything about it because he knew he would be fired for some made up reason. Just one of many violations I witnessed.
OSHA should be watching IGT closely.
Cons
bad management
Reno 911
Director (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 3, 2014
Do you love politics? Are you a great butt kisser? Can you deal with a new boss every 6 months? Constant reorgs? An endless rotation of clueless new managers telling you what to do? Do you know how to look busy but not do anything? Are you fluent in monkey? Does your family have 4-generation deep roots in Reno, Nevada -- ideally the same block (you better not pronounce it wrong) with only subtle inbreeding?

If you said yes to these ... this is the place for you!

Superbowl of politics ... they have a 'peak performer' program which is an internal joke -- employees who get recognized for that are just great butt kissers .. the list of idiots given that 'honor' is a mile long.

Looks good on a resume, do your year or two here then move on.
Pros
free parking; zero accountability; if you dont like someone you can just ignore them
Cons
soul crushing morale, reno mentality dominates, tech wanna be, incompetent management team, zero innovation, losing market share by the minute
able to work in different areas so less down time learn new things
Assembler/Dis-assembler-Production (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2015
I was a temp. employee for the duration of the time I worked there

i worked in several areas so I was able to learn more of what needs to be done for the company. this allowed me the chance to be more viable and not bored. I enjoyed staying busy and working with an assortment of people and thus I learned a lot more. depending what needed to be done to complete orders (slot machines) I could always find something to do.
the atmosphere was at sometimes stressful but for the most part things were progressed well and that made for a less stressful work environment. most everyone worked well with eachother so there wasn't a lot of personality conflicts.
management was very supportive regarding any personal matters either at work or outside the company.
Pros
always had work
Cons
lack of communication regarding orders several mishaps
The worst company I ever worked for!
VLT Technician (Former Employee) –  Batavia DownsJune 29, 2012
IGT is by far the worst company I had ever worked for. The endless back stabbing by both the employees and management was unbelieveable. My lead tech was so jelous of my abilities that she would back stab almost daily. She made up lies about what I was doing and her girlfriends supported her in an effort to try and get me fired. I could not do anything about it because she is a black female and I am a white male. Two years of nothing less than harassment and abuse I had to endure to the point I walked out and filed a law suit against the company with the NY State Department of Human Rights. The district manager thought he was Hitler and said his supervisors and lead technicians were his Guistapo. STAY AWAY FROM IGT that company lives for greed and hurts ever honest employee it has sucked into its deceptive web of decite. RUN DON'T WALK!!!
Pros
non
Cons
never ending list!
God-awful stone-age environment
Former temporary contract employee (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 31, 2014
The main function of this company is ensure that all incompetent managers, especially if they are related to any of the executives, or members of the Church of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons), or have family members employed at IGT, are kept employed under all circumstances, and all perceived threats to this clique are dealt with harshly, but legally. Employees who are threatened most are those who are intelligent, candid, innovative, caring, good team players, goal oriented, truly care about quality and good customer service, and who value their self-esteem.
Pros
good variety in the employee cafeteria.
Cons
dealing with unfriendly, incompetent, egomaniac, management.
Central Design Engineer
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2013
Performed schematic capture and PCB layout. Testing and diagnosing field problems. Worked closely with purchasing to resolve component sourcing issues. Learned to work with a broader swath of people on multiple issues. Got along fine with all three managers and all employees. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if I was going to have a job the next day. IGT was in the middle of large scale layoffs and slowly transitioning workforce to China. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the primary source for all board designs (PGIC not IGT).
Pros
built-in cafeteria, built-in workout area, large bonuses
Cons
pcb development in las vegas was being phased-out
Productive and fun place to work
Hardware Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Some of my responsibilities at IGT included:
• Designed and drafted complex parts in ProEngineer
• Designed and drafted complex parts in Solidworks
• Assisted engineers with part assembly
• Assisted engineers with modifying sheet metal and plastic parts
• Performed tests on different games and machines to figure out effectiveness of designed parts
• Designed How-To instructions manuals for assemblies so that parts could be effectively and efficiently put together
• Learned time management skills by handling multiple projects at one time
• Learned how to effectively communicate ideas and opinions in a group setting
You will receive a paycheck.
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 17, 2015
This company will underpay you and still claim it is paying you competitively. In addition, the job culture is horrible. It's not what you know, or even your attitude, skills or tenure. If you want to get ahead in this company, you better rub elbows with the right people. Management on all levels and in all departments is an absolute joke. They are not only out of touch with their employees, but with reality. This is a technology company that makes its employees use 7 year old computers and programs on them that conflict with one another so they never work properly.
Pros
great people.
Cons
everything.
OK opportunities if you're originally from Reno
Senior Artist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 28, 2013
IGT in Reno is typical of most Reno businesses, but the dysfunction is more pronounced because of the corporate environment. That is, if you were born in Reno, went to a Reno high school, and took at least one class at UNR, you're golden. Managers are threatened by outside talent and will fabricate conflict or flat out lie through their teeth to keep others from revealing their incompetence. IGT has lost millions due to shoddy management, yet most of these people are still in key positions.
Pros
ok pay and benefits
Cons
unqualified managers, cut throat enviroment
This is a great place to work.
Quality Assurance Inspector I (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that nothing gets sent out without being of very high importance to me. Knowing that we are supplying and providing different levels of value to our customers. I have learned how the machines work, and how they get built also how the programs are burned and installed into the machines etc. I started off as a Front Receptionist and moved my way up to a QA Inspector I. My co-works are up beat and very fun to work with.
Pros
Baseball Games, Field Day's, BBQ's and Holiday fun.
Cons
Healthcare, and Cash Sharing
STAY AWAY! With IGT, innovation = copying the competition.
Quality Tester (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaApril 4, 2014
Imagine working your duff off for 2 years, then having the company bring your entire department into a meeting just to tell your group, that everybody is fired. All just for politics. Read all of the other Indeed reviews with regard to job security the the company.

I see creative, productive people get fired while the worthless duff-kissers keep their jobs. If you want to get into Slot Machine Development, try WMS, Bally, Aristocrat, or Konami.
Pros
free parking. flex hours, casual dress code, and reno's climate.
Cons
everything else.
Fun place to work.
Administrator Field Svcs Process III (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work was like any other job you go in do your work and go home. Management and co-workers were fun to work with. We would always have something to celebrate from a birthday to any holiday or a just because get together. The most enjoyable is having the get togethers so we could have a break in the work day. The hardest part of the job was finding out that the production line was moving to Reno which means I will be laid off.
Pros
get together with the co-workers at work for birthday, holidays etc.
Cons
being laid off
Never work here, the worst place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 26, 2012
Bad management, CEO approval rating is about 20%. No body has clue what they are doing. All the benefits are getting cut, no raises. More work, less benefit. The company is shrinking very rapidly from all directions.
Pros
i do not know. if you play good politics, not to work, then it is right place for you.
Cons
the benefits gets smaller, work gets more with the time, they can not produce anything which stands out, no future, lot of politics in the company, stay away from this company
Great place to work with constant change of scenerary
Field Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2015
Come in early to load and prep jobs for the day. Great co-workers and very knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is the constant changing hours along with the Las Vegas heat and bad vehicles. The best part of the job is the new locations nearly everyday.
Pros
Fast paced and new locations daily
Cons
bad management and no accountability
Fun place to work
Senior Video Graphic Artist IV (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2015
IGT was a fun place to work. Fun people! Fun work! Great experience!
There was a constant stream of new technology and many talented people to learn from. It was a valuable experience that I am very thankful for.
Pros
Great exposure to new tech and creative thinkers
Cons
Towards the end, before IGT was sold, it seemed like there were too many Chefs in the kitchen.
Best company I ever worked for.
Casino Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 22, 2014
There was nothing about this job or company I didn't enjoy. I learned a great deal about managing through company classes and my immediate boss, But with the economy the way it is at this point unfortunately we experienced a company wide layoff. A1 company to work for.
Pros
the company allows you to run your area like its your company.
IGT Laid off Employees to Meet Wall Street
NA (Former Employee) –  Las VegasNovember 16, 2013
Many employees were laid off and health benefits were lowered for employees that are still there all to meet wall street expectations, There is no 360 management review, so as long as a manager or director manages "up" well, s/he can abuse their direct reports without repercussion.
Pros
pay, great peers
Cons
cut-throat, not employee-centric at all
A company in transition - Big Companies do not handle change well
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  las vegas, nvOctober 21, 2013
Trying to transform itself from a manufacturing company to a software as a service provider/interactive content (gambling) provider. Extremely political with lots of entrenched middle managers trying to project themselves and their salaries.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
extremely political