IH SERVICES, INC Employee Reviews

I found IH Services to be like getting a new Smart Phone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, Spartanburg and surrounding areasFebruary 6, 2013
All of us can relate to getting a new phone/smart phone. The first few days are the toughest. The more time, thought and effort we put in to listening and learning the more we tend to like our new phones. When I first started with IH Services I was young thought I new it all. I almost lost my job standing in a dumpster thinking I was doing right by stomping on boxes to make room for more boxes. Little did I know at the time I was in a confined space and could have been seriously injured or killed. Moments like that I thank God for. For opening my eyes and making me realize I have much to learn. There is no free lunch these days. A job is like a bank you have to put money in to take money out. I learned that the hard way. The more thought, effort & listening I did at IH Services the more I got out. After 7+ Years working at IH Services I am not swimming in a tilt cart full of coins. I have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience that no one can take from me. IH Services has been and will be a great employer. No they are not perfect but who is. Thanks IH Services for all you have done for me and my Family.
Pros
advancement, started hourly now salary!
awful management, low pay, 12 hour shifts
janitor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 19, 2015
Got a call back almost immediately but when I went in for "orientation" the managers hadn't been in contact with each other so I sat around and waited for an hour while people in the warehouse had to search for them. Working 12 hours a day was ridiculous considering all of the spaces that needed cleaning could have been done in 6 or 8 hours and that included checking and re checking to see if they were clean. Management was rude and unprofessional and spread lies and drama to other employees that almost caused altercations. Myself and another coworker were the ones doing most of the work while the other employees sat around in the office chatting with the manager and took their own breaks during time that should have been spent working. If you want to work for a company that values and respects you look somewhere else. IH Services is terrible.
laid- back work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 8, 2015
A typical day would be sometimes laid-back if you were very consistent most of the week. Never a dull moment its always something to do. I learned how to be a leader and a stronger team player. I also learned to keep your personal issues to myself, and communication skills, Management did there job most of the time. Never been the type to supervised over your shoulder. Co-workers were fun to be around and work with. Had differences but I believe that's normal, but everyone worked and played a there role to get things done. The hardest part at first was cleaning up the mess the last company had. We worked hard to get where they are now, and also making the staff satisfied. I loved making friends, and getting the privilege to be a part of parties and different events. Gaining trust.
Pros
working events, extra pay
Cons
healthcare
not a fun place.
worker (Former Employee) –  nyNovember 5, 2015
They had just started a new contract, severely understaffed. They overwhelmed any workers they did have by being very unorganized.most workers were very frustrated and either quit or wanted to quit. Company "cares" about the worker supposedly, but reward for good work is more. My job was never done cuz I was cleaning instead of being in a higher job classification. The acct. manager hired many of his friends which could do no wrong. The walking alone was slave labor. I was questioned why I had a cart. I had work tools on it and it helped my fatigue, hanging on to it. I finally had to leave cuz it got the best of me.
Cons
Management does not care or appreciate thier employees. there is no chance for advancement or in pay.
Team Leader/ Janitorial Services and cleaner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2014
Very unproductive because company is short staffed. Learned a lot about cleaning and janitorial experience. Didn't learn anything from management because they are not supportive of their employees because of the turn over rate. I was team lead and worked well with my employees because I gave them positive feedback and appreciation that was not given from upper management. Hardest part of job was being able to communicate with employees because of the size of facility you had to look for them could not call because most employees didn't have phones and company did not supply radios.
Cons
the company has no positive recognition of the employees and no wage advancement.
Bad experience
District Manager (Former Employee) –  GreenvilleNovember 13, 2013
I was in upper management with this company, I would avoid at all costs, They run a cut throat business and will do anything for the almighty dollar. They lost tons of good managers by running rough shod over them, treating them like children and I am talking mangers that never had an issue with their contacts only issue these managers had is with the VP and CEO..I learned a lot but only due to the fact I had a great District Manager whom they ran off also... Again avoid at all costs..
Pros
not many they dont care about people only the almighty dollar
Cons
very poor upper management....
Not a fun place to be
Palet Picker (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 4, 2014
A typical day at work is long 12 hours. I do my Job duties which is handling trash and putting pallets on trucks. The management is not all that great and They dont really care if you leave or fire you. My co workers for the most part I enjoy working with because I get along with all of them. The only enjoyable part of the job is that I get to take as many breaks that i want when i finish my work.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
long hours short pay
This job was horrible.
Porter (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCOctober 5, 2015
I worked at the McLeansville location. The pay was $7.75 and the amount of work they had us do for the money was not worth it.

We had to clean 3 floors for this pay.

The management was horrible. He was a bi-polar person. He said one think and did something else. He was a two faced boss also.

The turn around for employees was horrible. He must of went though at least 10 people within 2 weeks, this was crazy.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Horible working environment
Loved the company IH services had the contract with but felt somewhat bullied by this company due to my age.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAAugust 12, 2015
I began IH Services as a custodian/floor person. within a few months became assistant account manager, and with in a couple years the account manager.trained employees in proper and safe custodial practices, trained my employees in plant requirements and regulations,trained employees in floor striping,buffing,and waxing ( floor maintenance) and trained employees in OSHA regulations and policies. conducted safety meetings. Met with Plant manager weekly to insure client satisfaction.
Pros
i advanced at a rapid pace
Cons
mutual seperation.
Great!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midway, GAAugust 28, 2013
I started my day by checking all areas of the warehouse. Then I assigned all areas to employees that needed to be worked. then I checked on them and went behind them to make sure it was right. I learned that taking on a bigger role in a company is a great learning experience. My co-workers were a great crew, and got the job done. The hardest part was making sure everyone was taking care of. The most part I enjoyed about the job was the environment.
Pros
nice pay and good hours
Cons
long comute to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  florence scMay 5, 2015
Doing housekeeping it was always something to do. Stayed busy sometimes it was some down time. I learned how to be a leader. Co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was getting complaints but that's most jobs. Overall just being consistent and staying on top of the job is what made the job not hard. Management was awesome.
Pros
allowed extra hours, worked weekend events, holiday dinners
Cons
healthcare
Horrible place to wirk.
Recycle Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYMay 3, 2015
I will not consider recomending anyone to work there. You are treated unfairly if you wernt a firend or family member of the supervisor or lead. Employees look for ways to get you in trouble instead of doing their own jobs. You get your but chewed out just because someone said you done something without being asked your side of the story.
Pros
Cons
Favortisim, harassment, backstabbing, No raises.
Productive and fast pace
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 27, 2012
Daily maintenance around G.E facility. Without experience I learned how to drive tractor with bush hog attached. Management was good enough for G.E approval. Co-worker were great to get along with. The hardest part of the job was performing the jobs by myself, but I could create my own hours.
Pros
three day weekends
Cons
bad weather conditions
worst mistake you will ever make
former employee (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLDecember 24, 2015
Terrible company no money long hours and yet they expect everything to be perfext and never had anything I needed cause I never saw management or they simply didnot care
Pros
Cons
no money, long hours, everyone hates you, your just a cleaner so your not important, noone even knows you exist until you mess up or they need something done.
Great job with limited benefits
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYJune 16, 2014
The job itself is great with an amazing team and wonderful district manager. There are limited benefits however and limited pay increases. However, once you are an employee it is like having a second family that will always have your back as long as you are doing your job and understand the importance of teamwork. The safety program is unmatched and will always make you feel like you matter.
Pros
great team, great management, and wonderful learning oppertunites
Cons
limited benefits, complicated schedules
Fun Work Place
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 26, 2013
I had the best co workers and management i have ever had!! Typical day at work . Clean 6 bathrooms and breakroom and security are. help on the production floor when needed. dust mopped
Pros
laid back fun and no drama!!
Cons
health care, they took an hr pay out of our pay checks when it should of only been 30 mins
stay fromthe onein robbinsville
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  robbinvilles njMarch 2, 2015
First 12 hours and check be short lead and supervisor don't help when short staff also the hiring manager only give lead and supervisor position to males she like big boss don't kind nasty and disrespect mouth it suppose to 15people to each shift but it aint its only 7or8 need better management also need to be organize better
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay and mangament
Decent Company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 21, 2014
Every day you pick up trash, clean windows, etc (basic janitor stuff). Management is fairly hands off. As long as place is clean management doesn't really care. Co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job is the monotony and low pay. Most enjoyable part of job was knowing you left the building in better shape than you found it.
Odd workplace
Utility (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 17, 2013
An employee typically got to do what ever they wanted, I did learn a lot about cleaning in a workplace, supervisors didnt really keep great watch over the employees, the hardest part about the job was the work was hard for the pay. Supervisors were hard to find and talk to, even by phone.
A typical day with IH Services and Management are when assigned duties from client's list are completed.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCSeptember 29, 2015
Although IH Services was a fairly new sub contractor job within the Bridgestone Plant in Graniteville, SC, what I have learned from personnel of what is expected and services rendered in contractual cleaning services

2.9