IH SERVICES, INC Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Bad
Lead General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 20, 2017
This job is not worth the time to over do your job. To impress your account managers. They say they see it but then complain when you give them the best you can and still say that you didn't do your job right. Under paid under appreciated over worked. When your honest to the manager they made excuses. They would rather save themselves then the employees and of course they play the favoritism game then deny it. It's hard to deny something when their body language says it all. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at IH Services
Janitorial work is....
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCSeptember 4, 2017
Janitorial work is a job. A nasty job where you are rarely appreciated, but always in demand. The pay is minimum wage and unless you climb the ladder, that's where it stays and the ladder is usually already taken up for what very little advancement there is. Plus the pay doesn't quite go up in proportion to the extra responsibilities and stress that go with advancement. Other than that, the pace is usually slow if you end up on a third shift. Still there is no glory to be found wiping up the mess made by others and it's hard to maintain self esteem when you know the people missing the toilet are getting paid WAY more than you were to make that mess. Considering the nastiness, having a strong stomach and an even stronger immune system is a must or the next mess might be your own. Granted this merely my own experience in one facility and it might be different at another location. Still, I wouldn't recommend this unless you are desperate for a paycheck til you find that elusive "something better".
Managers that steal time and money at Amazon bwi
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2017
It was a alright place to work at but the two female managers there was nasty. Also they stole time to add to there checks and gave time to family members that was not working at all for three months. Go to lunch for 3 hrs and stole supplies from the job....always lied and lied on employees. Glad they got caught and I hope they get what they deserve for how they treated employees what comes around goes around...
Things could be a lot better
Housekeeping Lead (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 30, 2017
Working for the company is ok you seem to move up pretty quickly but the downfall is there's no benefits.
The position I'm in requires a lot of walking lifting and bending
Pros
Being off 3 days out the week
Cons
No health benefits
Lame
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 30, 2017
Hard to do my job if they wont get me my supplies if you try to better yourself with another company in the same facilities they will throw you under the bus and the supervisors suck
I do not enjoy working here
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lockheed Martin SyracuseAugust 10, 2017
Management is horrible I felt as if I was getting singled out. For example my management was following me around because they didn't trust me to do simple tasks like vacuuming and wiping down tables. They checked my work and told me (after I had already done it) that I hadn't done it and I need to do it again.
No promotions and no support for managers
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 16, 2017
Working for IHS a little over a year now was promoted twice to a department supervisor then to shift supervisor then after serving in those compasities I was demoted and black balled. Later offered a night shift supervisor job turned it down to avoid being fired. All night shift supervisors were fired after 3 months of work. Not falling for the trap. Pay not great but it's a job. Working in Carlisle at Amazon PHL 4. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Management and company culture is poor at best.
Pros
No pros just a paycheck.
Cons
All cons
Fair Work place
Warehouse Worker/Selector (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2017
IH is very inconsiderate of it's employees personal issues. They will execute a write up0 for not bringing in a doctors note however the insurance provided will take half of my earnings.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Ok place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 13, 2017
It's a job. Not really something you want to do if you have a family. Long work hours and short breaks. Pay is ok but could be a lot better. Unorganized management team can be confusing at times.
Pros
Only work 4 days
Cons
Long hours short breaks
alright
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 13, 2017
they dont work very well with having children or having to miss work. not very respectful manager. When i quit they were very disrespectful by saying i figured that would happen.
Hard work
INDUSTRIAL CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 4, 2017
A typical day included walking around inspecting messes around equipment. I learned how to communicate with coworkers and to be aware of my surroundings as ther was heavy forklift traffic. The hardest part of the job was the heat. There wasn't proper ventilation. The thing I most enjoyed about this job was the employees.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
the heat
I love the people I worked with
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJuly 3, 2017
I love my job and where I work which was in a nursing home their staff and the residents made the job worth coming too I just don't like the management and the pay
Pros
Where I worked
Cons
My pay
Alot of nice , outgoing people
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 28, 2017
IH services is a good job , I have learned some skills there , there is no room for growing with the company , my pay was topped out and there was no room for raises ! I was advanced as much as I could go ! I could not get a higher position . I want to grow with a company and make a career , I need foundation and stability ! I want things out of life and I need room to grow for myself as well as my family ! I got to meet a lot of nice people . I worked 10 months with no weekend off ! I never complained . that was part of my job and I did my job ! Again there is no room for growth at IH services..
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
No room for growth, no holiday pay, no raises .
This job is good when you can talk to the older people and learn what they have went through
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Silver, SCJune 13, 2017
Working with ih is wonderful im learning alot just by watching what the other workers are doing. The hardest part about the job would probably be not able to talk to anyone while working.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Not able to talk
Positive workplace
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Schedule was easy to work and work was not over barring. My supervisor was very hands on and informative. Would recommend this place of employment to anyone.It also has great benefits
benefits
Cons
heat
worse management ever
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCMay 16, 2017
work 12 hour shifts three days a week and 6 hours on day four which i loved the scheduled hours. also the work environment was decent because no one was breathing down your neck as long as you get your work done. Management is the main problem. The manager doesn't know how to speak to employees or anyone in general. If you have a question she doesn't know the answer.
Pros
shifts
Cons
pay, benefits, lack of training and management
Good
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  DundalkMay 6, 2017
Everything is ok , overtime needs to be more flexible when employes ask . Lots of drama within the company , but overall nice company to work for , pay needs to go up to atleast 10 or 11.50 ! Lots of work is done for little pay
Dont believe a word of what they teel you.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bowling green factory.May 4, 2017
This was hands down the worst company I ever worked for. They lied to us about everything and my check was short every pay period.Horrible managment for even worse company's.
Pros
You could get all the work done and still have a few hours to do nothing.
Cons
Exactly ! Cons are who run this place
Very unclean workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 25, 2017
You have to work hard and put safety as your number 1 priority because you can easily get hurt. Hands and working tools should be cleaned at all times.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Company is bad with keeping assigned equipment
casual job with no benefits
Smog Technician (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARApril 23, 2017
no review to write. The job its self was ok but the company was terrible to work for. you never got paid over time even when they asked you to come in early or leave late.
Pros
you
Cons
the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IH SERVICES, INC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8