IHA Employee Reviews

Internal Medicine multi provider office
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 1, 2017
Multi-tasking and Teamwork was key to taking care of our patients. Clinical and Administrative duties were expected of Medical Assistants to provide great customer service to coworkers and patients.
Pros
Practice Manager
Cons
short staffed
Iha
Clinical Data Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 30, 2016
Very good place to work to get experience. It is a company that allows you to grow, and continue your education. In fact, they encourage you to continue your education!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 25, 2016
They really care about taking care of the staff. Rewarding work, professional work environment, bonuses, staff satisfaction is always a priority from the top down.
Very productive and a great environment to work in.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIAugust 29, 2015
I had a great experience learning from a great team at IHA during my externship. I learned a lot during this time. I never missed a day. I also loved working alongside the staff when it came to charting and rooming families and their children.
Ideal learning opportunity
Volunteer Health Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 5, 2015
Monitor seminar, workshop, discussions as a time keeper and note taker. Meeting with professionals and advocates from nation wide.
Pros
Excellent learning opportuniites
Cons
not enough time
IHA/ St.Joes
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 5, 2015
rooming patients
injections
calling medications
pulse ox testing
oxygen set up
EMR charting
calling patients with basic results.
All RMA duties in the scope are used on a weekly bases.
Pros
its a fast paced clinic
Cons
far drive, oncology gets heavy after awhile
Like most companies
Electrical Engineer' RF (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLApril 22, 2015
IHA corporate culture and management are average not bad but self motivation and career direction is up to you par for the course. Easy to talk too at least. Work colleagues were very nice work with and liked to look out for each other. Benefits are good especially these days with medical.
Pros
Medical benefits and taking time off
Cons
Management does not look out for you or warns if there is funding difficulties
Good place to work for overall
MA/LPN (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIOctober 6, 2014
Most days are calm but see interesting cases sometimes.
- like working the diverse patient population
Customer Service Great
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 11, 2014
I worked for IHA for a total of 1 year. In the beginning things were GREAT! I loved the work I did, helping provide excellent customer service however the office and the politics that came along with it was extremely stressful on daily life. The office went through Several management changes one after the other, It was no one to turn to if you had a problem with an co- worker because we were often in between managers. Also they begin implementing new hours and therefore we had to comply or be let go, life became extremely stressful toward the end of my tenure with the company balancing family life and work life. On the other hand I worked with a FEW wonderful doctors that I could easily tell enjoyed patient centered interaction. All in all I say if you work for this company good luck, one thing I have noticed is the turn over rate is extremely high be come and go like clock work. However if you love to be busy then thats a PLUS, and if you like patient interaction ++.
Pros
luncheons, bonuses
Cons
hours, turnovers
Productive and fun place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 25, 2014
I have learned to be very hardworking and to get the job done right working here. It required a lot of patience, weight lifting and focus. I worked by myself... got a little lonely but it was relaxing listening to my ipod while working. The thing I most enjoyed about my job would be the flexibility, I would go to work every day of the week but once awhile I would have a doctors appointment or things I had to do after school and my boss would totally understand which was great!
Internship at IHA
Intern - Compliance and Coding Department (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 21, 2013
I did a 4 month internship at IHA in Ann Arbor, MI. I worked in the Compliance and Coding Department. I did coding and reimbursement audits, worked on special projects i.e. Modifier 80 research project, reviewing any modifier updates using CMS and WPS Medicare websites.
Pros
Great experience, always new information to learn, and great people to work with
Cons
Laptop was old, had to restart it at least 5 times a day.
Iha
Panel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 4, 2013
Good place to work, coworkers are great. Opportunity to advance.
Great Place To Work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 24, 2013
IHA is a great place to work. They offer great benefits and are constantly growing.
Multitasking in a busy 4 physician Pediatric Office, including a Nurse Practioner. Phones, appointment scheduling, patient/parent education/procedures
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI May 20, 2013
Excellent and supportive management as well as superb core values. Workplace atmosphere conducive to productivity and performance. Office staff professional, welcoming, working exceptionally well as a team.
Pros
Opportunity for continuing education
Cons
No complaints
Overall a very good place to work
Full Time Contingent Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 8, 2013
Everyone within the company is very nice and go out of their way to hepl
Daily
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 7, 2013
I am usually rooming patients, charting vitals, renewing Rx's, answering phone calls, calling patients with negative results, referring patients to specialist, ordering lab req, diagnostic req's, letters to patients and looking into the paq.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
short lunches (10 mins)
Very busy pediatric clinic
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborNovember 8, 2012
Pediatric clinic wirh clinical duties such as physicals, lab draws, finger pokes, and sick and well child visits
Pros
full time, benefits
Cons
long lunches, evenings shifts
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 24, 2012
IHA is a very interesting company to work for. They are very good at creating new positions for what they need.