iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Face paced Newsroom.
Executive Assistant to News Director (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 19, 2016
Met with the news director daily to go over schedules, anything currently pressing and new hires.

Filled out excel worksheets for FCC guidelines.

Ordered supplies for newsroom.

Greeted news guests.
Was a great place to work
Production Director (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 25, 2016
Used to be one of the best jobs a person could have. I enjoyed this job more than any other job. Allowed creativity, as well as being around very creative people
Board Operators....Low on the totem pole
BOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 20, 2016
Mass firings
frequent schedule changes
no insensitive
high employee turn around rate (people quit frequently)

I thought it'd be amazing, but it was a nightmare.
Worked during layoffs
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 13, 2016
When I worked for this company, it was owned by Clear Channel Communications. I worked mostly alone on Sundays and nights operating the sound board for football games. It was a great way to confirm that I wanted to get into media while in high school. I fit in with most of the radio personalities, so that made it more enjoyable. I was laid off in 2008 when Clear Channel laid off most of their part time employees throughout the country.
Pros
Solidified my want to get into media
Cons
Relatively short experience
Sales People Run Amok
National Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2016
I loved the managers that I reported to, felt great about my work output most days, but the sales staff had no respect for the company procedure and were often empowered to push the support staff around to meet the unrealistic demands of the customers that they managed to hook.
Pros
Tons of learning opportunities available
Cons
No restraint on sales team, anything goes attitude for earners, almost no time off due to poor staffing
Flexible - lacks growth potential
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2016
laid back environment, flexible work schedule, casual attire.

could be a great place for someone with few year left to their career or someone just looking to earn a pay check not worried about growing their career.

not a great place someone looking to expand their knowledge and climb the ladder. few promotions, raises or bonuses paid to the office staff. no cost of living increases.
Pros
laid back environment, flexible work schedule
Cons
lacks any potential growth in career path or salary
Productive and enriching work space
Digital Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 24, 2016
I learned from working in the environment that a career in radio was something that I wanted to pursue. The management at the workplace provided intelligent conversation, while fostering a safe and collaborative work space.
Pros
Great environment to work in, with plenty of friendly people
Cons
There were no conflicts while I worked there
Good summer job
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2016
It is a lot of fun working at different events for the radio stations. Not that hard if you are a people person and very outgoing.
This company was my passport to success
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2016
A day for me Monday through Friday was fast past. Learning everyday and changing companies for the best. Branding to no end to make a difference for New Buisness to stand out and shine over the competition. Learnining from some of the best in the business to build long term relationships with the top leaders of corporations in the local community. I loved meeting new people and being that difference that made thier company more successful.
Very laid back atmosphere
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 13, 2016
I came to iHeart Media as an intern. From that I was hired as a part-time promotions assistant. The team at iHeart Media is like a family. A regular shift in promotions can be labor intensive at times, but generally laid back. This was a perfect job for me to be my extroverted self and build relationships with people.
Fun Place to Work with good people
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2016
At times it seemed that working in promotions could be a little slow and sort of a drag at times, but it is definitely a position that allows one to do things most people wouldn't get to do. Working the street always gives an opportunity to experience a new event with new people and new clients.
Pros
Access to local Events around town from the Rodeo to any concert in San Antonio
Amazing job for college students but little advancement
Producer/Promotions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
iHeartMedia is an amazing place to work for a young college student who has minimal bills and is working on advancing his/her career. There is little room for advancement, but the management, coworkers, and culture are all great. I really couldn't ask for a better place to work during my early years of college than iHeartMedia, formerly Clear Channel Communications
Pros
culture, enjoyment, fun, management, ability to learn new skills
Cons
compensation, opportunity for advancement
Micromanagement
Tax Department (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2016
Great coworkers, flexible work schedule. High turn over rate with employees. Some Managers micromanage. Very easy to move forward if you are friends with the managers.
100% Commission
Account Executive WMGF/WXXL (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2016
This is a tough position with no designated territory and 100% commission. There are constant commission changes in an unstable environment
Pros
Healthcare available
Cons
100 Commission
Very Team Driven
Proposal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2016
At iHeartMedia, everyone is always in a great mood. The environment is very relaxing although the work can be much at times, but the people you work with make the day a bi easier.
Pros
Fun and challenging environment
Cons
New department in development.
Fun Company
Promotions & Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2016
I have worked for iHeartMedia for almost 7 years. I have been able to grow my marketing skills and experience a lot of different challenges.
Very focused on digital sales. Taking a path away from standard radio advertising.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2016
Transitioned from traditional radio commercials to digital marketing. Went to an automated system that excluded outside sales to a web-based system that lowered comission, customer experience and focus.
Pros
Many stations and formats to offer customers.
Cons
Many management changes and constant revolving doors with staff and management.
Power 105.1 (WWPR) Programming Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2016
If you ever find yourself with "nothing to do", step out of your comfort zone and ask EVERYONE if they need help with anything
great place to work
Local Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 10, 2016
this is a wonderful place to work. the staff is great and the clients were wonderful. I would highly recommend working for iHeartMedia.
Would not do again.
Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
If you are new to media or are a recent graduate, you will have an opportunity to work 70 hours a week in order to rise through the ranks making very little money and creating not very good content.

Should you succeed, and if you network, you will be able to create a stable career where you make very little money. If you're talented and gifted and also create opportunities outside of iHeartMedia you may also be given a chance to leverage your brand into a larger salary with a decent work schedule.
Pros
Sometimes sponsors would provide free food and other goodies.
Cons
Horrible pay, Few advancement opportunities, Lack of employee enrichment or training opportunities, Constant fear of station or division being laid off or terminated, Horrible benefits, Poor management, Competitive environment for lateral moves that may provide more career enrichment, Lack of raises, When given, paltry raises