iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

A great company to begin your Ad Sales Career!
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I worked as a Coordinator when the company was Clear Channel. This was my 1st career after graduating college. I started out a Sales Assistant. The AE's were veterans and coached the newbies very well. The training provided was very thorough. I moved up quickly, however the poor compensation and medical benefits were not enough incentive to convince me to stay. I loved working as a team. I loved the company outings, community involvement with volunteer projects such as The United Way of New York and many networking opportunities.

Sales Managers and VP'S were extremely supportive and motivated the sales team to strive for success and meet goals. This is a great company for a recent college graduate but not necessarily a place to advance or support a family.
Pros
Networking events, Swanky after work outings, Supportive staff, great hands-on training
Cons
Healthcare costs, low salary
Fun place to work, low pay and poor managment
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 29, 2016
Pay and benefits are terrible compared to market average, management is very disconnected.

It is a fun place to work with some fun perks, but that doesn't outweigh other issues
Sales Assistant/Promotions Crew (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 5, 2015
If you are looking to work your butt off and get taken advantage of, then IHeartMedia is for you. The management is absolutely ridiculous. The whole company, over all, is absolutely ridiculous. They are all for themselves, and don't care one bit about ANY of their customers, clients, and listeners. They just care about money. It is awful that with this billion dollar company, they have such awful benefits for their employees, and their management (and all employees) only care for themselves. It was over all an awful experience and I will NEVER support any IHeartMedia or IHeartRadio stations EVER.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Horrible culture of micromanagement at debt ridden company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Poor culture, horrible management from the top down. Multiple layers of management and adding and each has to justify their existence by adding to the micromanagement.
Pros
a lot of great coworkers
Cons
everything else
QA Mobile Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
I learned a lot there. My co-workers are extremely helpful. I started my career in software testing from Deutsche Bank. My training time was extremely useful for me.

Hardest part was for me - Commute.I had to travel long to reach office.
Pros
Very good cafetaria
Cons
Other benefits was very less
Casual workplace, made for relaxed environment
Networks Accountant II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 31, 2015
Great management which made for a good place to work. With so many departments, made for opportunity to grow. Hiring managers did a good job of hiring employees, which made for great co workers.
Pros
Casual dress, community corporate culture
Clear Channel Radio is now part of iHeartRadio
Remote Technician & Special Events Liaison (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 15, 2016
I worked for this company when it was still Clear Channel Communications. It was a wonderful learning experience and working in radio was very fulfilling. Each day was different and even though I wasn't compensated very heavily monetarily there were still a lot of fun and exciting benefits that kept me loving my job.
Worked during layoffs
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 13, 2016
When I worked for this company, it was owned by Clear Channel Communications. I worked mostly alone on Sundays and nights operating the sound board for football games. It was a great way to confirm that I wanted to get into media while in high school. I fit in with most of the radio personalities, so that made it more enjoyable. I was laid off in 2008 when Clear Channel laid off most of their part time employees throughout the country.
Pros
Solidified my want to get into media
Cons
Relatively short experience
Flexible - lacks growth potential
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2016
laid back environment, flexible work schedule, casual attire.

could be a great place for someone with few year left to their career or someone just looking to earn a pay check not worried about growing their career.

not a great place someone looking to expand their knowledge and climb the ladder. few promotions, raises or bonuses paid to the office staff. no cost of living increases.
Pros
laid back environment, flexible work schedule
Cons
lacks any potential growth in career path or salary
Job experience similar to the 'real world'
KISS108 Internship (Former Employee) –  medford MASeptember 27, 2015
Working at IheardMedia I had legitamate responsibilities which made me feel confident and want to work harder and prove myself. I learned to balance my personal, school and work life. I was treated like an equal which allowed me to learn the politics of a work environment. The hardest part of my job was learning the new software that I hadn't used before in order to produce the show, however I was able to pick it up very fast thanks to the help of my supervisor. I enjoyed being treated like a professional, and learning new skills.
Productive & Fun place with radio stations
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2016
Answering phones, sorting mail, ordering office/toner supplies, greeting winners coming in to pick up their prizes, logged in incoming checks, Greeting artists as they arrived to the studios was one of several exciting things. Going to concerts & setting our tent at different location for different events was so fun. My co-workers were fun to work with. We became a family!
Pros
Free concert/events tickets
Cons
was a long drive to work
A media Giant with a great leadership and innovative ideas to move the company in leaps and bounds!
Employee Services Associate / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Great company to work for! The culture is one of total diversity and the fact that this is a media giant with so much to offer should be an incentive for anyone to become an employee with.
Pros
Greatest folks to be co-workers among.
Would not do again.
Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
If you are new to media or are a recent graduate, you will have an opportunity to work 70 hours a week in order to rise through the ranks making very little money and creating not very good content.

Should you succeed, and if you network, you will be able to create a stable career where you make very little money. If you're talented and gifted and also create opportunities outside of iHeartMedia you may also be given a chance to leverage your brand into a larger salary with a decent work schedule.
Pros
Sometimes sponsors would provide free food and other goodies.
Cons
Horrible pay, Few advancement opportunities, Lack of employee enrichment or training opportunities, Constant fear of station or division being laid off or terminated, Horrible benefits, Poor management, Competitive environment for lateral moves that may provide more career enrichment, Lack of raises, When given, paltry raises
Great experience and exposure to corporate restructuring
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2016
This company is in the midst of going through a plethora of financial challenges but overall it is a great way to get your feet wet in a lot of great experiences. A lot of office politics and selfish natures.
Great Culture, Not Enough Advancement Opportunity
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsAugust 3, 2015
I loved working at iHeartMedia. In my entry-level position, I learned everything i needed to know to become a competent administrative professional. My coworkers were great and I made some fantastic professional connections. However, I and many of my other coworkers were passed over for advancement opportunities time and time again in favor of outside hires, which was a struggle.
Pros
good benefits, great culture
Cons
not enough advancement opportunities
iHeartMedia is the industries leader excellent company
Regional Market President (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 16, 2015
Company is engaging in events as a national revenue driver. Local markets will continue to experience the benefits of one of a kind promotions. The broadcast industry is undergoing rapid change as a result of technology.
This company was my passport to success
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2016
A day for me Monday through Friday was fast past. Learning everyday and changing companies for the best. Branding to no end to make a difference for New Buisness to stand out and shine over the competition. Learnining from some of the best in the business to build long term relationships with the top leaders of corporations in the local community. I loved meeting new people and being that difference that made thier company more successful.
Amazing job for college students but little advancement
Producer/Promotions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
iHeartMedia is an amazing place to work for a young college student who has minimal bills and is working on advancing his/her career. There is little room for advancement, but the management, coworkers, and culture are all great. I really couldn't ask for a better place to work during my early years of college than iHeartMedia, formerly Clear Channel Communications
Pros
culture, enjoyment, fun, management, ability to learn new skills
Cons
compensation, opportunity for advancement
Sales People Run Amok
National Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2016
I loved the managers that I reported to, felt great about my work output most days, but the sales staff had no respect for the company procedure and were often empowered to push the support staff around to meet the unrealistic demands of the customers that they managed to hook.
Pros
Tons of learning opportunities available
Cons
No restraint on sales team, anything goes attitude for earners, almost no time off due to poor staffing
Company culture is fantastic, pay and benefits not so much
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  MNAugust 17, 2015
I've been working with iHeart for just under 2 years in the promotions department. My team is hands down the most fun, most hardworking, and most overworked team I've ever been on. It's a very classic situation of "overworked and underpaid". I love the job and I love my co-workers, but the work-life balance is a struggle when events are being added last minute and we're already stretched thin as it is. It is a very common thing for my team to have to help other stations because their team is already completely booked, yet the sales team is pressured to sell as much as they can so they keep throwing events at us. Not to mention that we (part-timers) are very strictly reminded that we are not allowed to clock over 29.75 hours per week.
Pros
Work Environment, Free Concerts, Great Co-workers
Cons
Zero room for growth, no job security, always being given more responsibilities for no pay increase