iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical radio station atmosphere
Outside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2017
I loved the job, meeting business owners and helping them with their advertising needs. Most of the staff was wonderful, but there were a couple of people who behaved inappropriately. Their language and actions made it uncomfortable at times. I liked the fast pace of radio, scheduling spots, having clients record their ads and the promotions were always fun.
Pros
Meeting clients, promotions and events, helping people with their businesses
Cons
poor behavior of some employees
Great workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2017
A good environment and a great team to work with. I love that each work day is a little different. A great company to move forward with. I hope to continue to learn with this company.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Part time
Rare combination of a top of the line product and top of the line culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Working internally at iHeartRadio allotted me the opportunity to get into the weeds of an organization and understand the business purpose behind certain decisions. I learned a tremendous amount from a team of senior recruiters from diverse sourcing methods to interacting with c-suite executives and hiring managers.

The job itself was seamless because of the people and culture created by them. Everyone from the engineers, to HR, to the support staff all had a common goal, which was providing the best experience and product for the users.
Management didnt communicate
Coordinator - Key Accounts (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 19, 2017
It was very tough working for this company. No one was ever on the same page and only cared about sales and adds. No team building exercises were ever offered,.
Pros
free tickets to baseball games
Cons
no breaks
Fun Environment
Create lead (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 15, 2017
I emjoyed all the people that I worked with and I was passionate about helping others. My supervisor was an exciting woman to work with and I really loved all the events that we took part in.
Great Place to Work
Marketing and Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 14, 2017
If you are looking for an opportunity to work while having fun the apply to work at iHeart Media. I enjoyed going to work every day. Your talent in regards to sales will grow exponentially while working here.
Pros
Uncapped Earning Potential
Stressful
Accounts Recievable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Certain managers are too much into gossip than being a manager.

They play favoritism (then again which company doesn't) and their raises are rare, unless you would like 5 cent raises please apply here.
Work hard, play hard
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 11, 2017
As a marketing consultant for Clear Channel, I was part of a fast paced, exciting company. I had the privileged of traveling around the world, selling airport advertising.
Overall decent sales job, however management can be deceitful
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2017
iHeart has some great employees. However, management can sometimes be purposefully secretive when their is no need to be. There is not as much ability to move to different divisions as there would seem to be for a company that size. It is secretly frowned upon.
Sales Coordinator
Sales Coordinator/Assistant to the VP of Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Great environment, great people! Lots of computer work in excel so be prepared to learn some formulas and refresh those skills. Overall amazing place to work.
times are changing
Capitol Account's Payable (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2017
company debt starting to affect daily operatins. benefits declining. manager is awesome department great to work in no advancement potential. flex time to care for elderly parent
Pros
flex time to care for elderly parent
Cons
pay rate under industry average
excellent
Marketing - Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2017
Challenging and rewarding!
Always learning in the quick pace environment. Management allows you to achieve high goals with the proper support team to follow- through!!!
very competitive company, not beter than clear channel.
Productions Director (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Clear Channel Radio, was a better company than I Heart Radio, over all, benefits, salaries and job culture was much better .
Needs to hire fun people to work and at the same time, to have fun, but after all.....it all about the money.
Pros
free water, coffee, promotional items
Cons
low salaries
Productive & Fun
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2017
It can be fun when you work fun events. Also get to work with fun people & get to see a lot of artist. Learn how to be organized & also how to proactive.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Can Be Stressful Sometimes
Productive, and Fast Paced Work Environment
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
iHeart is an amazing company to work for. It's on of those company that constantly keeps you on your toes!

On a typical day, I would create event plans for all 7 Radio station in the Chicago Markets, pack for said events,and attend on site remotes I had been assigned to. During the remotes, I would set up, brake down, and transported promotional event equipment as required, set up and ran audio and other types of equipment, hang banners and other staging elements, recorded and created recaps of events for clients (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions), and supervise interns, prize inventory, in-studio prize sheets, as well as awarding of prizes at events.

The workplace is definitely a hard-working, fast paced environment, but; once you become accustom to it, you'll be thankful for all the new knowledge, and certainly the experience.

I had the pleasure of working with some of the most influential people in Radio from Production, to Sales, and Promotions.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people. Of course meeting the celebrities were a plus, but I honestly enjoyed meeting different clients, hearing their stories, and learning different cultures.
Fun and Productive work environtment
Advertising/ Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2017
iHeart Media is a good company to work for, i thuroughly enjoyed my time there and now its time to find my next adventure in the great world of media/marketing and sales.
Pros
Great events and Great products
Cons
Hous
Dedicated to quality work
Writer, National Desk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2017
I wrote news and was usually given assignments. I learned to write quality work under quick and constant deadlines. Management was fair and the culture was relaxed. The hardest part of the job was working the overnight shift. The most enjoyable part is that I love to write.
Pros
relaxed culture
Cons
overnight hours
Good company
On-Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 25, 2017
I did not work there long, but good company and ambitious. Really looking for top talent I n the on-air industry. They are focused on the overall prize in relation to which market segment they are in.
No Raise in years
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
Good place to work however no effort to keeping employees happy.Other departments gain bonuses each year and the main department always gets over looked.
Enjoyable place to work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
Enjoyable company to work for. Holidays and time off is very generous. Management tries to keep communication open. Employees work together as a team. Managers work alongside employees to get things done.
Pros
Great holiday schedule
Cons
Poor health benefits, no increases or career advancement