iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Goal-oriented company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2016
The work I do impacts many facets of iHM. Cooperation and teamwork are stressed. I have had the pleasure of meeting friendly professionals with many levels of work knowledge and experience. The work-day can be stressful, but we succeed.
Pros
Lunch vendors each day; Security on-site; Quarterly fun activities
Cons
Raises, advancements
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 1, 2016
Excellent place to work. Great people and working environment. Loved coming to work everyday! Great co-workers...very friendly.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
lots of excel
Campaign Support Specialist (Marketing Assitant) (Current Employee) –  Cameron Park, CADecember 1, 2016
always sitting
learned about marketing
management was cool
co workers are self involved
hard part is the drive
fun part is bbq fridays
Positive and fun enviornment work place
Sales Representative Elite Marketing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2016
A typical day at work we stand at a kiosk along, with labtops to convince customers to sign up for a miles credit card. I learned that this sales environment helps you learn a lot about people along with yourself, you must be very confident & self motivated. Management is very helpful on assisting yourself improvement, that is if you are teachable. For the most part my co-workers & I are a small sales team, that is packed with a punch. We learn from each other to better each others craft. The hards part about the job is just getting over the "No's" that customers may say. Being able to overcome the no & understanding it is a numbers game. Will make your day a lot smoother. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people. I love talking to people, everyone has their own story.
Fast paced environment in a great media company
Controller, Business Manager, Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 10, 2016
A good company with the best radio stations in town. Well respected and known in the area. Recommended if you like the radio industry.
Great place to work and buidl a career in radio
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2016
iHeart radio, formally Clear Channel Radio has some of the best people in the business to work with and the most talent individuals to learn from. Really glad I got my experience from such great management.
Fun and exciting, but corporate
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 4, 2016
There is much flexibility here in regards to what you get to do every day and how you do it. For a driven employee you can grow within the company and make a great salary.
Pros
Free concert tickets
Cons
Large staffing cuts come down from corporate
Its a good place to work with the personnel.
Promotions Technician / Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2016
Got to know all lot of listeners meet & greet bands, artist ,team players from the Chicago Fire ,White Sox. Its fun to be out in the streets giving away free give aways. Interact with the clients , customers.
Pros
Free Tickets give away, concerts, big venues rodeo's
Cons
Not available
Radio broadcasting ad sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2016
Interesting job. Spent most of my time as a newbie searching for new clients to turn into advertisers.
Management was interesting, although a shade prejudiced toward old friends. But the constant mantra of "don't leave any money on the table" when deal g with clients got a bit old.
People were fun to work with, although a bit single-minded.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad corporate attitude.
VERY Poor leadership in Human Resources
HR Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2016
The management is very poor. Some of the leaders are very disrespectful and rude, not to mention gossipy. The favorites are protected, but fair treatment is not consistent for all employees within some departments.
Pros
Cool industry
Cons
Poor management; political good ole boy network, leadership could not be trusted
Unhappy
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2016
The management only pays attention to friends (other managers, 'boys club') and relatives in the company and treats assistants and coordinators with no respect and give them no recognition for their hard work. This is shown in how quick the turnaround is in those positions. Hardest part is doing the work of four people in an 8 hour day, and no overtime - extremely overworked for an hourly employee. Learned different programs, which taught self mostly since training was not officially provided. Enjoyable part was meeting singers/performers, but that is all. Compensation was extremely low.
Pros
Once in a while there will be team outings, but that is all
Cons
From low compensation to no recognition
Mostly a fun yet challenging environment.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 8, 2016
The job was great, loved working with the advertisers. Co-workers were amazing, too. Compensation and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Requires patience and multitasking
Productive & Fun place with radio stations
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2016
Answering phones, sorting mail, ordering office/toner supplies, greeting winners coming in to pick up their prizes, logged in incoming checks, Greeting artists as they arrived to the studios was one of several exciting things. Going to concerts & setting our tent at different location for different events was so fun. My co-workers were fun to work with. We became a family!
Pros
Free concert/events tickets
Cons
was a long drive to work
Face paced Newsroom.
Executive Assistant to News Director (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 19, 2016
Met with the news director daily to go over schedules, anything currently pressing and new hires.

Filled out excel worksheets for FCC guidelines.

Ordered supplies for newsroom.

Greeted news guests.
Work environment
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2016
Great work environment but pay is lacking. No dress code which is great staff is friendly, if they paid you for what you actually do it would be one of the if not best company.
Pros
Tickets to events
Cons
not enough pay
Was a great place to work
Production Director (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 25, 2016
Used to be one of the best jobs a person could have. I enjoyed this job more than any other job. Allowed creativity, as well as being around very creative people
Board Operators....Low on the totem pole
BOARD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 20, 2016
Mass firings
frequent schedule changes
no insensitive
high employee turn around rate (people quit frequently)

I thought it'd be amazing, but it was a nightmare.
Worked during layoffs
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 13, 2016
When I worked for this company, it was owned by Clear Channel Communications. I worked mostly alone on Sundays and nights operating the sound board for football games. It was a great way to confirm that I wanted to get into media while in high school. I fit in with most of the radio personalities, so that made it more enjoyable. I was laid off in 2008 when Clear Channel laid off most of their part time employees throughout the country.
Pros
Solidified my want to get into media
Cons
Relatively short experience
Sales People Run Amok
National Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2016
I loved the managers that I reported to, felt great about my work output most days, but the sales staff had no respect for the company procedure and were often empowered to push the support staff around to meet the unrealistic demands of the customers that they managed to hook.
Pros
Tons of learning opportunities available
Cons
No restraint on sales team, anything goes attitude for earners, almost no time off due to poor staffing
Flexible - lacks growth potential
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2016
laid back environment, flexible work schedule, casual attire.

could be a great place for someone with few year left to their career or someone just looking to earn a pay check not worried about growing their career.

not a great place someone looking to expand their knowledge and climb the ladder. few promotions, raises or bonuses paid to the office staff. no cost of living increases.
Pros
laid back environment, flexible work schedule
Cons
lacks any potential growth in career path or salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iHeartMedia, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.