iHeartMedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 21, 2017
iHeart Media is a fun cool place to work, but the sales department can be stressfull. The payment method is on a drawer method. You negotiate a monthly rate, and from that rate you will be paid every month; however, the money being paid is a "loan". Your drawer gets paid back ot he company when you make sales.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Commission only
Great place to work!
Air Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 21, 2017
Enjoyed the people and atmosphere. Very detailed computer work. Daily deadlines. Very challenging work. Willingness to take on more responsibilities.
Pros
Self management, learned something new every day, opportunities with volunteer work and benifites
Cons
Small local market.
Typical Day
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2017
My typical day consisted of calling on local businesses and selling them advertising. I also wrote commercials and proposals.
I was told I could be on air but then only had a few hours a month.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay and work environment
Fun
Music Director / On Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2017
Working at iHeartMedia was a fun experience for me as I was able to gain vast broadcasting knowledge from great radio programers. Absolutely would work for the company again.
Pros
Great Tools
Cons
Budgets
Management was good to work
Temp - Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2017
Management was good to work for but asked to much from anyone person on the billing teams. and they were just started bringing the billing from the stations. I enjoyed the people there.
Pros
managers listen to everyone on the group.
Cons
to much work.
Internship
Programming Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
Great Internship environment! I enjoyed doing my internship at each radio station I interned for! I really enjoyed producing the radio shows for Chicago's top Radio Personalities!
Pros
Free Breaks
Cons
Interns aren't often hired
Great people to work alongside
HR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
I love the people I work with, but the lack of career advancement is a problem with this company. Also, the financial stability seems to dictate bonus payouts, performance pay and promotions w/compensation commensurate with experience and market.
Pros
Autonomy; People; Name recognition
Cons
Healthcare, Financial Stability of Company, Lack of Pay Raises; Career Advancement is rare
Good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
Fair wages, good benefits, and steady work. Management was ok, didn't really interact with staff much. Company offered many incentives, annual company picnic, Christmas party, thanksgiving luncheon, annual bonus. I left because of the commute. Would definitely work there again.
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 1, 2017
Enjoyed my time there but high turnover from within company leads to employee feeling a lack of company stability. Also training for the position was subpar to none.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Slow market area
Productive and positive environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  SacramentoJuly 25, 2017
Clear Channel is a nice place to work at I actually enjoyed working there because it always had a positive environment. Management was great and they will help you with what you need.

Want to know more about iHeartMedia, Inc.?

Ask a question
Fun place to work but very demanding and not a place where you can turn it off
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
I spent a year working with iHeartMedia and loved a lot of my job. So many cool perks, amazing culture and awesome people. However, this is a job that is 24/7 (depending on the role you work) and is very demanding.
Pros
Great people, great management (for the most part), great benefits
Cons
Demanding, stressful, never turns off
Amazing company
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 18, 2017
My position with iHeart Media has allowed me to learn and grow my skills. My management team is amazing! I have an amazing support system that always encourages me to reach my maximum potential!
Radio is like a Frat Party
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2017
Its interesting handling Information Technology for iHeart Media Denver because I get to be around radio personalities all day long. They are some of the most comical, interesting, entertaining people to support technically. I hear music, jokes and laughter all day, which makes this gig incredibly fun. Things get serious when there are technical issues and it requires blocking out hysterical panic attacks when things go sideways. Still, I love this group, including the sales people, my red headed step children. Managing and maintaining just over 250 Audio, Software and Administrative servers, as well as network, wi-fi, printers, conference rooms, streaming kiosks, news, weather and sports for a few hundred people is no joke.
Pros
Entertaining, Free Concert Tickets, Industry Specific Software
Cons
Budgets and equipment, Benefits, Industry Specific Software
Creative, Talented Staff
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 11, 2017
A very competitive company, Radio is fast paced fun atmosphere. People of iHeart are wonderful and bond like a second family.
Very structured for an outside sales position w/o vehicle compensation. Daily mandatory meetings making it difficult to be in the field selling.
Pros
The perks are endless / the people are wonderful
Cons
Compensation low, every day meetings A.M & P.M consistantly pulled out of the field selling
High stress on hitting unreasonable sales goals
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 11, 2017
Sales Manager is the ultimate micro-manager. Very difficult to work with and loves to get in your face. The culture is tense and morale when I left was very low. The most enjoyable part on this job was working out of the office and staying away from the pressure.
Exciting place to work
Executive Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2017
iHeartMedia is a wonderful and exciting place to work. The employees are driven, creative and fun loving individuals. I love its postive and relaxing atmosphere.
Radio advertising company with a heart
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2017
Truly enjoyed working for this company. The station manager was phenomenal and cared for his staff. Very supportive. Radio advertising is a difficult career to begin with but can be very lucrative. Be prepared to call, call, call on clients (sales 101).
Great people, good work/life balance
Regional Digital Strategist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 7, 2017
Fun yet challenging atmosphere
Room to grow, learn and excel
Great people/teams, flexible hours once earned
Likes to promote within
Access to fun events
Great!
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER / PAYROLL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 6, 2017
Fun atmosphere to work at! Great people, perks such as tickets to concerts, performers coming in. I went through a series of large layoffs though which was a bummer for many!
Not the best environment for entry-level candidates
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 5, 2017
Not the best working environment for entry-level candidates. Your superiors treat workers differently based on rank. The top superior was often pompous and arrogant. Seemed like the sales team cared more about making money than they did about the well-being of their employees. There was no structure or direction in some of the newer positions so at times it seemed like you were doing nothing. Many of the meetings consisted of workers talking about each other and going off topic.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No structure or direction in positions, Excessive unnecessary meetings, workers would complain about other workers