IHOP
1,608 reviews

IHOP Employer Reviews

Great job to get through college!
Server (Current Employee), McHenry, ILMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great food and coworkers!
Cons: No healthcare and not much room for advamcement
I have enjoyed working with customers and building my communication skills! I love my coworkers and the job is fairly simple. On the downside, serving is very exhausting!
enjoyed working in a resturant where i knew alot of my guest
General Manager (Former Employee), Mooresville, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great bonus and uppermanagement
Cons: was owned by out of state people which never came and saw how things was ran
the paper work and the inventory was a everyday thing to me I had a steady group of people that worked under me. the hire management was always there when I needed any help.
Ihop world
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Spanish Fort, ALMarch 30, 2015
each day at work I ensure we are inspection ready, I execute company plans, I keep log of business and company numbers, I work on higher sales and less cost, it is a time consuming management position that takes about 70 to 80 hours out of my week, the most enjoyable part of the day is the busier time because there are more people to help each other and the envirament is a lot less stressful, the hardest part of the day is usually the deep cleaning and clean up, this can be a stressful time when doing 70,000 a week in a restaraunt
Love my job!
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 30, 2015
I love being a manager on duty, helping guest and employees is something I live for. Over the five years I've worked here I have learned exceptional customer service skills.
fast paced work environment with many educational tools
General Manager, District Coordinator (Former Employee), Lantana, FloridaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: working with team members and customers
Good work environment and great hands on experience. Managed 30 all aspects of the restaurant. Team leadership and coaching, hiring, training, inventory.
Part-time job
Waitress (Former Employee), Sand Springs, OKMarch 29, 2015
Ihop is different in the way that they want each waiter/waitress to take on more responsibilities than other restaurants do. Being a waitress there can be split up into three different jobs: Hostess, waiter/waitress, and busboy. You have to sit your customers at a table in your section, wait on them, clean up the table, set up the table again and start over.
Nice place to work but, does not pay its employees very well.
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great food and atmosphere.
Cons: short breaks, low wages and no benefits such as vacation pay or health benefits.
A typical day at work consists of working long hours without a break. I learned to be patient and to work as a team with my co-workers.
Management team does not help the employees out when they are behind on their job tasks. The hardest part of the job was not being appreciated or compensated for doing my job well. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with my co-workers.
Horrible management
Server (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: 50% of food (but only on the clock and you were unable to take it home)
Cons: Horrible management, no bonuses/raises/benefits
If not for the poor management, Ihop would have been a wonderful place to work. However, management was extremely rude, yelling and cussing at employees. You never received any kind of raises or bonuses and moving up in the company was almost impossible. If you had children or attended school, the manager did not like working with you and your schedule. If you asked for a day off, the manager would get mad and give you almost a full week off.
Long Hours but, Awesome Co-workers
Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Lunch could be free, drinks, co-workers
Cons: Long hours (insanely long)
A typical day included; cleaning tables, greeting customers, writing orders, memorizing new specials/menu, getting drinks, dealing with payments, and getting food out to customers in a quick manner.

My co-workers were amazing, they were all about teamwork and making sure the tables were taken care of.
Suitable entry level job while in school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bryant, ARMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Learned how to deal with high volume of customers, multi tasking, speaking comfortably and communicating effectively with groups of people. Co-workers varied, lots of traffic employee wise. Most enjoyable part of the day was having a pocket full of cash after, nothing in the job was hard.
Hard, stressful, unorganized, and demanding environment to work.
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: No breaks, stressful, hostile environment, etc.....
Open and prepare for daily shift. Cook to order, manage and train kitchen staff. Maintain quality, productivity, and food safety procedures while maintaining cleanliness throughout the kitchen. Prep and stock for the week and next day.
fun and live place to be on the weekend
Dmo/ Server (Former Employee), Columbia SCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short shifts
While working here i lea rend customer service and how to serve people of all different backgrounds and attitudes. When i wasn't serving i mastered washing dishes at a fast pace while getting the duties posted for me done such as trash runs clean ups and table clearing.
pancake love
Server (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COMarch 26, 2015
great tips bgreat staff always the hours are awsome free uniform great entry level position for servers trying to \enter the industry
One big family
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2015
This company was fantastic to work for. All workers were treated like family, very friendly and enthusiastic. Management was wonderful. Very supportive group to work with. Customers were very polite and respectful. There were a few who were rude, but management did a wonderful job at helping all workers with disrespectful customers.
good staff and loyal guest base
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Hollywood , floridaMarch 23, 2015
have a good staff and loyal guest base. hours are long and holidays are a must. must love this industry to be in it.rewards are few. must be a breakfast person to want to work at IHOP
a very easy and fun place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), District Heights, MDMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: short breaks dentalcare
A very interesting and fun place to work.
I learned how to clean and mop.management was pretty cool.the co workers were also pretty cool.the hardest part was cleaning the rugs. the best part of the job was the breaks.
IHOP review
Server (Former Employee), Canton, GAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no healthcare and not what i wanted
My typical days were hard since I was pregnant at the time but I worked as hard as everyone did and enjoyed the flow of work. The job didn't offer what I needed since I stayed for training but wasn't showing progress of remembering the menu.
IHop
I was a cashier and a waitress (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: we had a free meal before we got off
Cons: not to many bennifits
i worked at iHop for a month over all ihop is a great place to work.
Every now and again you get those really rude customers,but i think you have that in all jobs. If you don't mind standing on your feet all day and talking and meeting new people then i would reccomned working at IHop.
fast pased, always on the go
Cook (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great food, great management, if you enjoy to cook it is a good place to start
Cons: fast food wages
A typical day for me was arriving at the kitchen and talking with the night cook on what needed to be done for the day. From prepping vegitables, making pancake batter, prepping meats and cheeses and even rotating cooled and dry stock as well as making the customers food orders at the same time.
I learned how to multitask, react fast on my feet, be comfortable working with language barriers, and being accountable and friendly.
The manegement staff was very understanding and would do anything for you if they could. They were able to work around my multiple jobs and my school schedule the entire time I was employed with them.
My co-workers were all unique characters of the team and all of them came from different places and spoke different languages but they all helped one another to get the job done fast and clean.
The hardest part of the job was working the line, cleaning the kitchen, and helping the servers resolve problems.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was always changing, it was always fast, and at the end of the day you knew it was a hard days work.
nice place to work
employee (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDMarch 19, 2015
Pros: family place to work
Cons: no break
wash dishes and clean tables and put up the truck nice place to work and family atmosphere. i learned how to run a section and have everyone work as a team and learn how to speak a little spanish as well..

1 2 3 4 5

About IHOP

This company shows an equal bias for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. DineEquity is one of the leading chain restaurant companies – Read more

IHOP Salaries