IHOP
1,698 reviews

IHOP Employee Reviews

Horrible manager
Host and Server (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYMay 24, 2015
Cons: no a.c
A typical day would be one of cleaning tables, rolling silverware, and guiding customers to their seats. The manager had a very bad attitude and was quite mean in her words and actions. Other than that, it was a very demanding work place and a high-labor one at that.
productive, fast pace , suitable restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work is greeting all the regulars or new customers. introducing myself asking them how their day as been. making sure they leave IHOP happy and content with the service I am providing to them. My co-workers aren't really co-workers there more like family. We all get along great,the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are just really negative and have a bad energy automatically when entering the restaurant. The most enjoyable part of working there is seeing a family leave with big smiles in their faces and tummys full because of the great food that we have and the outstanding service that they get.
I enjoyed working around food
Server (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: none
I loved working a IHOP. I got a lot of tips and I was able to have flexible hours. I always had great reviews and my customers were always happy. I rarely had any problem with serving food to customers and I was quick on my toes
fast going
Server/Hostess/Busser (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAMay 20, 2015
outgoing, fast and never slow on weekends. you can make good money, if you work hard. the side work is not the best . You learn how to work with others and great a connection.
Great Oppertunity
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMay 20, 2015
I appreciate the opportunity and enjoyed working there. It was conveniently located close to home, so getting there was easy
great work place
Waitress (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Lunch specials depends on the day
Cons: short breaks
I really like the job a lot. However yes I do think it is a learning experience. Each day that I work there I do learn new things. A typical day at work can be fun or boring just depends. The management there is ok I do think sometimes it could be a little better.
It is a fun work place !
Server/ Waiter (Current Employee), College Park, MDMay 20, 2015
I enjoy serving and customer service however it can be very stressful and unreliable money and hour. Very friendly work environment and plenty to learn!
fun workplace
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
jhbkjsbfjk;fbawjk;bawejbfawekj;bfawjbfkawjbfjka;webfawk;jbfkawejebfkawjbfkjawbefkjawbfk;awejbfkj;awebfawefaweeafwefvaev
Great enviornment
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 18, 2015
I love guests! they come in happy and leave happy and i wouldn't change meeting new people everyday! I love the manager there never had any issue with them in any way shape or form!
Better than expected
Server (Former Employee), Union City, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free meal per work day.
Cons: Had to do graveyard shifts when starting for a long time. Cheap tables
Depending if you work in the morning, afternoon or graveyard, the shift runs very differently!!But overall the work environment is great, except that you can never ask for a day off, or they'll make sure to have an excuse for you to work that day or make it up to them somehow. I guess the management issues can be summarized in them "getting back to you" when you have done anything that they do not like... The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers. The worse part of the job...CHEAP TABLES/NON-TIPPERS... lots and lots of them... but the table flow was for the most part fast, so you kind of make it up (most of the days). I remember the job got really annoying once they removed the gratuity included automatically on tables of 6+... but I guess it was something that changed in many places as well.
This was a fun paced job and a great opportunity for customer service experience.
Hostess (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: The experience overall
Cons: Screwed up my meal charges every pay check
A typical day at work was very fast paced but I liked it this way. I learned how to deal with customers and developed overall great social skills. The management was strict but I prefer it this way. My co workers were hard working and always helping of me. Hardest part of the job had to be holidays where we were packed out the door. The part I most enjoyed of this job was meeting new people and and the upbeat atmosphere.
cool place
Server (Former Employee), Grandview, MOMay 16, 2015
It was a cool place but it was very unorganized. As the days went by it was very irritating. the managers we're alright, the co-workers was fun working with. the hardest part of the job was being rushed on things that i shouldnt have been doing even though i dont mind doing team work. the most enjoyable was meeting new people and helping others.
Negative work enviornment
Host/Cashier/Expo (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Great for first job
Cons: Unorganized
Bad management left me dissatisfied
Only positives I gained from that experience was gaining customer service experience and gaining awesome relationships with people.
fun place to work and a learning experience
server (Current Employee), Springdale, OHMay 15, 2015
Pros: discounts on lunch
Cons: no breaks really
serve tables...make customers happy...saticfie everyone .the hardest part of course was trying to make everyone happy.but the most enjoyable part was to see people leave with smiles on there face.
Productive, fast moving, fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 15, 2015
Management was awesome.
coworkers were awesome.
wish I could have stuck around longer.
lots of things to do outside of work to help the community, that the managers would put together.
Trips to cedar point were always awesome
Easy going and social.
Waitress (Former Employee), American Fork, UTMay 14, 2015
Waitress
• I tended to customers’ needs/wants.
• I also answered telephone calls concerning any customer questions/complaints.
• Maintained a clean environment for both employees and customers.
family environment where you can enjoy yourself with the kids
Great customer service (Current Employee), staten island nyMay 14, 2015
very friendly atmosphere, We work as a big family being there for so long not only is it a job, but others know us on a first name basis. We are recognized for our abilities to manage the restuarant with no supervision.
Ihop was an okay place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Newark, DEMay 14, 2015
Pros: Pancakes
Cons: Management
Hot work place. I learned how to short order cook. Management wasn't the best. Co workers were miserable and under paid. Hardest part of the job was coming in and the most enjoyable was leaving.
Has potential; not quite there yet.
Waitress (Current Employee), Manchester, CTMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Uncooperative teammates/staff
When I first started working there, it wasn't all that bad. The money was good, employees weren't arrogant and the food was great but with all the recent changes...it's not exactly the place I want to spend 50% of my day.
fun place
Server (Former Employee), fort worth txMay 13, 2015
its always a good experience working for this company the staff is always nice and managers are all helpful they are nice and very fun to work with the wok load is very manageable, only down side is that some holidays you will have to work one of the things that i dislike the most

1 2 3 4 5

About IHOP

This company shows an equal bias for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. DineEquity is one of the leading chain restaurant companies – Read more

IHOP Salaries