IHS, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Good work/life balance
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
Very laid back culture. Good challenging work, but not much of a place to make a career. You'll get stuck in position with no chance of promotion or pay raise.
Pros
Laid back, work remotely, know what is expected from you.
Cons
No advancement and low salaries.
Got me a job
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 11, 2016
They placed me at a company that was horrible. I called to discuss it with them; they never replied to my emails or voice messages. They didn't care at all.
Pros
got me a job
Cons
no response
good
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 12, 2016
work was usually repetitive but coworkers were excellent, Usually worked with another employee work hours were good overall not a bad company to work for
Pros
nice facility
Cons
no health care
Good Company
Order Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 20, 2016
Started as a mail clerk and retired from the finance department Good company with good goals and opportunities. Good overall company
Productive and laid back environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 9, 2016
Overall this company is a great company to work for. The job culture is great, everyone is friendly. Management seeks out the best for you, something that is not often seen in a lot of places. Various options to branch out within the company.
Pros
Great environment to work for, no micromanaging. Free food every once in a while.
Cons
Salary is comparatively less
Challenging
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Working for IHS represented many challenges. As part of an acquired company, there was the general level of uncertainty that follows any acquisition. I was also working for the first time with a remote supervisor and team. Developing a sense of team spirit and knowledge of who to lean on was difficult in this atmosphere.
Ihs
sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2016
IHS offers a quality work environment for those that want to succeed and advance. They have many divisions to work in. I enjoyed working with my co workers.
I was a temp through Office Team
Contract Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Enjoyed position while I was there, but there really wasn't enough to keep me busy and it went from 5 days a week to 3 then finally ended all together.
Great potential, flawed execution
Managing Director, Product Management (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 23, 2015
Not really one company, but many. Acquisitions have resulted in huge number of relatively senior people that have risen above their Peter Principle level, but are able to blame others for their failures.
Great place to work.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 29, 2015
Has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Denver for the last couple of years. I learned a ton from working at IHS, i was able to grow and develop my professional skill set.
Constant change, multi-tasking and never ending deadlines
Director, TMT (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 23, 2015
It's exciting to perform various syndicated and custom consulting projects from conception to the final product including promoting and selling to customers as well as collaborating with global analyst teams, product management, sales and application development teams. It's a lot of fun to be part of analyst council groups that implements best practices as we collaborate & exchange insights with several experts.

Once acquired by IHS, be prepared to be "leveled" down. Career path is restricted to either analyst or manager roles.
Pros
Teamwork and "roll up your sleeves" results oriented attitude
Cons
Lack of promotions in the mid manager level and up.
Learning experience
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 11, 2015
Learned alot from working as a caregiver. Different situations and different task everyday always kept the work load consistent.
Travel to and from different work locations on a weekly bases
Volunteer LiUNA IHS National Council (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2015
This was a great place to that offered great benefits. All friendly employees and a great boss. Constant travel is why i left the job and i wanted to be more of a family man.
Good place to work in Denver
Director - Global Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2015
Good company to work for in Denver. Going through a few growing pains currently as a result of an aggressive acquisition plan over the last decade.
Away from Cities
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New Mexico and ArizonaJune 15, 2015
The job was reviewing Rx, compounded Rx, counseling patients. Mainly verifying Rx. Occasional data entry that was out of date. Clinical aspect was challenging and satisfying.
Pros
Car park, lunch and tea breaks
Cons
Travelling for daily needs being in Indian Reservation.
A fun place to work with new ideas and innovations
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  LagosJune 2, 2015
My daily routines is as follows:

Preparation of site maintenance and deployment related invoices and ensure error free same day .Posting of all submitted invoices.

Maintaining and updating the accrual schedule and agree same with the G/L. I also prepare monthly revenue accrual and book same in the system. Make sure all invoices are submitted as and Follow up payments and remittance advice.

Working in a Telecoms sector for me enhanced my intellectual acumen in telecommunication and has boosted my career growth. My co-workers are hardworking with right attitude to work. Part of my difficult task is learning the technical skills in managing service provider and with proper guidance i learned very fast. What I enjoyed in the job is meeting new customers and been able to provide them with good services
Pros
Free Lunch is available for staff
Cons
Health care and Insurance was available with good logistics
I started working here after I got laid off from another job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 1, 2015
My job at IHS is a stepping stone while I am attending school. I enjoy working and meeting new people. The hardest part of my job is having people looking down on me because they think they are better than me because of what I do. Management always let me know that I am doing a great job. My co-workers always encourage me to stay strong and keep my head up. I thank God that I have a job to pay the bills and put food on my table. I am blessed.
Pros
Allow me to go to school while working.
Cons
Low salaries, no benefits
Constant Volatility
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 23, 2015
The company is often advertised as a top 10 employer in Denver. Don't be deceived. They advertise internally for voting on this. They are marginal at best. They sway with the price of oil. The annual RIF is the constant. Salary variance is high between employees.
Interesting work - good work life balance and great benefits
SR. TALENT ACQUISITION ACCOUNT MGR - AMERICAS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
Good place to work; able to make to make an impact on the business at almost all levels.

Stock share program based on customer satisfaction survey is rare in the business and a great addition to total comp at all levels.
Great Development opportunities
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYMarch 5, 2015
IHS offers excellent personal and professional development opportunities. While news is communicated well, communication between corporate and acquisitions could be improved in terms of project management and expectations.