IHS, Inc.

IHS, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great Development opportunities
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYMarch 5, 2015
IHS offers excellent personal and professional development opportunities. While news is communicated well, communication between corporate and acquisitions could be improved in terms of project management and expectations.
OK
Analyst (Former Employee), USAMarch 3, 2015
Not bad but corporate culture is poor. Frequent layoffs diminish morale. Job is a bit repetitive. Co-workers were really nice. A lot of people get to work with very exciting industries, others really boring ones.
good compensation
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 22, 2015
Its a company in turmoil as far as meeting deadlines. My project left a trail of dead. This is an international company so you will be working with a lot of offshore people. The hours can be very long because of this.
Experienced and Dedicated LPN with a strong work ethic & principles.
LPN-Clinic Nurse (Current Employee), Pawnee, OKFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: off every federal holiday with pay
Cons: limitations in growing professionally and developing new skills
I have enjoyed my time at Pawnee IHS very much. It was a much different work environment than I was accustomed to; but after a little time it seemed like I had worked in a clinic forever. I had worked in the home health field for apx 15 yrs and at first I felt confined and limited. However over the course of 2 1/2 yrs I came to realize that I was a vital member of a very large healthcare team & that we all shared a common goal: Improving Patient Care and helping our patients attain & maintain the best health possible. The biggest challenge was learning the IHS referral system; but I tackled the referral system & overcame it.
it's okay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Gouldsboro, PaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: management lacks stability
low pay not able to sustain life/ balance bills etc.
no job security here at all
no organization here it's just confusing
Professional, Excellent, Maintains Core Values
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 16, 2014
As the premier provider of global market, industry and technical expertise, IHS understands the rigor that goes into decisions of great importance with solutions that meet the needs of their customers.
Not writing review
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 18, 2014
Not writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing reviewNot writing review
Constant Growth
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, benefits package
Cons: personal development path, poor internal communication
Information and insight company focused on continued growth. Low stress and great place to work and develop as a self-starter. Extremely diverse company of companies which gives employees several career path options.
IHS Inc is an excellent place to work
Tier II Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Englewood, COJuly 25, 2014
IHS Inc is a great place to work. If you see an opportunity to work for IHS expect an excellent environment, benefits and management.
technically behind other staffing cos
Accountant (Current Employee), simpsonville, scJuly 11, 2014
Pros: easy going management
Cons: easy going management
people work hard to get jobs for applicants but do not have an up to date data base system to do the best job.

co-workers very good and personable

no hard parts of the job
Very Nice Client & Friendly Work Environment
SAP-ABAP Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee), Englewood, COJuly 8, 2014
Good Company to Work but looking for some new opportunities.
A wonderful experiance to lern from.
Caregiver (Former Employee), California City, CAJune 20, 2014
A typical day at work would in tell helping with meal preparations. Assisting in medications, on when to take and how many. Also to clean the home. Also to provide transportation to and from doctors appointments.
Overall this is a good company to work for.
Field Support Engineer (Senior IT Associate) (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Overall this is a good company to work for. They offer a flexible schedule and management is easy to get along with.
a business unlike any other
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood, CO 80112April 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: growing too fast
IHS provides information, analytics, and expertise for main-stream industries through subscriptions to online applications.

IHS is growing through acquisitions and is attempting to integrate data, products, and a broad user base in a very aggressive/fast pace.
aggressive with inorganic growth
Senior product manager (Former Employee), NY, NYFebruary 27, 2014
people are nice there. they are trying to integrate many cos. that they purchased
Shareholder-centric
Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: shareholder-centric, inconsistent culture
IHS is a giant public corporate monster that works very hard to convince employees it's small and friendly. Your entire professional trajectory at IHS -- what you're paid, if and when you're promoted, your internal opportunities, your paltry raises -- depends on stock price movement and the size of major shareholders' returns. Pressure to increase revenue is everywhere, and constant. I was lucky to have two good managers who encouraged quality work and tried to temper the buzzword-packed corporate messaging. My team was also filled with smart, dedicated people who generally enjoyed their jobs but struggled with IHS as a company. Upper management frequently come off as aloof, out of touch politicians obsessed with revenue. IHS continues to favor acquisitions over organic growth, resulting in a fragmented, disorganized, and inconsistent company culture.
A fun work place.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Sells, AZNovember 18, 2013
My day was an 8-5 day came in an stocked after breakfast an set up for lunch. I learned how and what to make for different patients with different symptoms, our director was a very hard working woman. she always came in on time made sure we did what we was suppose to do an she also showed me what to do, my co-workers were also hard working women. they worked long and tiring hours and sometimes 7 days a week. the hardest part was leaving. I had got use to working there. it was hard for me to say good bye. the most enjoyable part was me being able to make somebody smile when they seen me at the register every morning.
Fantastic Company
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 1, 2013
Fantastic company. Did not like the way the possibly of outsourcing was handled in my department but one of the richest companies I have ever worked for!
Information Operations Analyst
IHS (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great people to work with great communication from ceo
Cons: job security
Last position held at IHS Information Operations Analyst (1yr)

A typical day as an Analyst my team members worked in other states and overseas with the exception of my supervisor. I worked on
Customer Survey results analyzing and reporting information to the departs that were impacted by the survey.Offering recommendations on were they might work on to positively impact customer delight.

The hardest part of my job was I didn't have enough work, although I repeatedly request additional work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other teams. Setting up projects and bringing groups together to work towards customer delight.

Prior to working as an Analyst other areas I worked in were Supervising team in Content Experts for Data, Retail Purchasing and Inventory Control, Order Fulfillment of retail orders, Receiving of goods including retail data, and Quality Assurance.

Due to organizational changes my last team I supervised (Content Expert Data) was disbanded and absorbed into existing groups. At this time I was moved to an Information Operations Analyst under a different part of the business and under a new team of management.
Professional and comfortable with a variety of bright people from all parts of the world to work with.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: convenience! lunch rooms with coffee, water etc. on our floor. free parking.
Cons: health plan was not good. deductible was extremely high, so you has to always pay out of pocket.
Great working environment. Professional and pleasant working atmosphere. Fellow employees were a pleasure to work with. They offered me a job at their corporate office in Colorado, but, it is necessary for me to stay in Texas, if my aging parents should need me. I am an only sibling. I enjoyed going to work everyday.

1 2 3