IHS, Inc. Employee Reviews

very good work experience
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 14, 2017
the management made sure every member on the team knew what they were doing and exactly how to do it as well was provided all tools in order to do your job and very organized and professional
Pros
the employees
Cons
they had trouble with the checks
Very high stress, competitive atmosphere.
Medical Billing Ckerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2017
The company is high stress. They hire batches of people through temporary services on a regular basis. They pick the ones they feel are the best for the position and fire the rest. It makes for a competitive atmosphere.
Pros
6 weeks of Medical Billing Training
Productive and relaxed workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Everyone knew each other well and enjoyed working together. There was no office drama or any issues that could hinder your work experience. Management was very kind and understanding as well.
typical government job
Consultant Pharmacist Crownpoint EMS (Current Employee) –  Crownpoint, NMMay 29, 2017
not bad for a government job. the work is at an ihs facility an Indian health service hospital. Very rewarding to help people with serious need. expect usual government bureaucracy
Ihs
appliance repair assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 11, 2017
we would get calls or have appointments made for us to go work on appliances I learned how to take appliances apart and how to fix some things on most appliances. The management was good. The workplace culture was ok. The hardest part of the job was how far we would travel sometimes for us to get to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the things I learned while there.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
I couldnt get more hours
Laid back routine work easy going
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Breingsville PaApril 24, 2017
I worked as a crew member n in 2 months became a supervisor my skills attendence meet all criteria i am very humble and follow direction and make suggestion to help decline the spending and keep up with all rules also encouraging others to acheive their best in all job tasks. I am a leader with confidence to acheive all i can with in a timely manner...To enhance up in the buisness and company and remain teachable thru it all
Pros
To be able to sit in my cubical and get all paperwork done in quiet n peace
Cons
No breaks due to high performance duties
working at IHS was good
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2017
the work experience at IHS was good also and the work history with the colleague was very interesting and I develop a log of knowledge when I was there.
Great place to work, horrible place to advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 27, 2017
If you wish to achieve a steady state in your career with great benefits. IHS Markit LLC is a great place to do it. You will have great benefits but little advancement opportunity.

If your job can be done overseas it will be done overseas.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement? Lateral move? Not likely.
umm
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 27, 2017
this was a good company to work for I never had a problem with them. I went and filled out the app and they had me a jo the same day. they have a great staff.
its great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown delawareMarch 9, 2017
Its a great company. All ways striving to be the best. It is a great company to grow with. They are will to teach and train you to be the best that you can be.
Comfortable place of work, friendly atmosphere, company gives chances to grow up, learning courses are granted
Customer Executive (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDFebruary 27, 2017
The company growns up in a dynamic way, it gives chances to extend your experience, to extend area of responsibility, to become more flexible to changes.
Pros
medical injurans of high quality
Fun place to work at.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 21, 2017
The training was very easy and simple. The employees are very friendly. Working with the public was the best part. Calm place to work at. Simple Job. This place was excellent, only thing it was a little too far from home. But i liked it.
Good company until they merged
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CoFebruary 8, 2017
Seems their biggest focus now is outsourcing all the jobs to Malaysia. No longer committed to their employees. When I first started working for IHS they were very focused on building their business and taking care of their employees. Once the company merged with Markit they only seem to be cutting jobs. There are many people who were worked there 20+ years which is what made me want to work there; job security. Not anymore.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many layoffs
Work hard, get promoted
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I worked here for almost 18 years. I went from he lowest grade level to an officer of the bank in 15 years. Managed 3 divisions at the time. I left due to pay and an offer I couldn't refuse.
Treats you like a criminal at your last day
Principal Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2017
The company have lots of interesting technology and a huge variety of business units. The culture of Agile development is pushed hard and we received Rally training.

Management is very political and you need to really watch your back at all times.

The day you get laid off due to mass reduction in workforce, you pretty much get hand cuffed and walked to the door.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very political atmosphere
loved the job and people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 18, 2017
the place was beautiful and the people was amazing the job didn't pay enough so i had to leave other then that i wish i could have stayed i miss everything. and everyone.
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
It was a nice environment to get your foot in the door to learn the oil and gas data. I learned a lot while I was under Geo Tech supervisor.
Pros
Social Gathering
Cons
Upper management never recognize those that work hard.
Great Place to Work
Records Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
I worked at IHS for 5 years. I was onsite with client and enjoyed my time there. Benefits were the best I've had thus far after being in the Oil and Gas Industry for 10 years.
Pros
Benefits, Work-Life balance, great culture
Cons
Management, Team Lead, Compensation
Excellent Place to Work
Vanguard Product Master Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 21, 2016
I have been at IHS for a little over 3 years now. I enjoy coming to work and spending the day with my co-workers. My manager is the BEST manager I have ever worked for, she is understanding and always there when needed. IHS seems to value their employees and that means a lot.
Exploration & Production (E&P) Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
Very relaxed working environment. A very large company with good health benefits. Pay is not attractive / competitive. Promotion of employees is not their highest agenda
Pros
Job work / family life balanced
Cons
pay is not attractive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHS, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval