IHS Markit Employee Reviews

Fun to work with
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 10, 2017
The company benefit, management and job culture are great and the people who work here are very outgoing and professionals. Overall I have enjoyed working for this company even though it was for a short period contract.
Challenging place to work at times; funactics day for employees, i.e. broaday movie, ead (employeed appreciation day)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJAugust 7, 2017
Many perks was to be able to work from home when especially needed

CTO - Company time off; FTO Flex time off of 8 days per year. Profit Sharing from company; i.e. company stocks.
Pros
Free lunches when entertaining customers, clients.
Cons
healthcare benefits good
Good culture
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLJuly 14, 2017
Very proactive culture but my particular division is a very flat structure- no room for advancement. The upper management is very focused on individual professional growth.
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Difficult to advance upward
A great place to learn and grow!
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 30, 2017
This is a great first job to have because there are a ton of really smart people that are willing to help you learn. The company is also really good about knowledge transfer and training. They went through a merger a couple of years ago and brought IHS and Markit together into one company. They were a little too secretive about some of the management decisions they made and I would have appreciated some more transparency in that respect. They also started cutting back some of the perks we used to have before the merger. The pay is probably a little below average which is why so many younger people tend to work there. Lastly, the culture is really awesome! People are generally very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great place to learn, good culture
Cons
Lowish pay, some perks removed due to merger
Best Place To Work!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 27, 2017
When I started working at IHS Markit it was R.L. Polk. R.L. Polk was a very well know, established company. It was family owned and was known for taking excellent care of their employees. When the Polk family decided to sale the company, we were bought by IHS (Information Handling Services). One year after the acquisition, we merged with a company out of London called Markit.
Now we are known as IHS Markit. I love people. A typical day at work consist of directing guests, assisting colleagues and keeping up with my day to day responsibilities. I have learned so much here. I work with intelligent people who will help you and answer questions whenever needed. Management is outstanding. I think the best thing a person in management can do is be fair with their staff. This is something that continues even through the changes the company has been through the past couple of years. IHS Markit has a culture of diversity that is a strong part of the company. We have a melting pot of colleagues throughout the company world wide. The hardest part of the job is to see employees let go when overlapping in staffing occurs with an acquisition and/or merger. By far, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and greeting new customers, interacting with my colleagues and knowing that I am the friendly and helpful face of the company. I make sure that everyone that comes through the doors of IHS Markit feels welcomed and knows their potential and or existing business is appreciated.
Pros
Masseuse - In house - twice a week. Building Fitness Center
Cons
Healthcare coverage
Disfunctional HR Team
Indvidual Contributor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
In my experience, this is a dreadful environment. It is very flawed. This is not a positive environment. They suffer from poor communication overall. The folks in Human Resources do not tell the truth, actually lie. The junior person on HR team lies to make their mistakes unknown and blames others / the employee.
Pros
Cons
Management, Hr
Good work/life balance, bad culture
Editor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 30, 2017
While I appreciate the work/life balance and benefits that come with this large company, the culture in the office is far too corporate. Management is out of touch with their employees, and communication is severely lacking throughout the company. It's a good place to work for a little while, but job security is also a major issue.
Pros
work/life balance, global company
Cons
management, poor communication, no job security
Overall Good Company
Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
IHS Markit is a good company but there is always the threat of layoffs and re-organizations. Have to worry when the next one will come and hard to do a good job when you don't know when one is coming. Very good people and hard working teams.
Pros
Good benefits, flex time, great co-workers
Cons
layoffs, job insecurity
Heavy detail/data enty work as Markets Editor. Great company to work for.
Petroleum Markets Editor (Former Employee) –  worked remotelyApril 8, 2017
Great culture and strong management team.
The work is very detail oriented and requires a lot of redundant data entry.
Many wonderful people to work with.
Laid back
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
Job is decent, gets the bills paid. After Oil and Gas industry went downhill employees have not received raises or bonuses, when before there was a good raise every year. Once you know your job its a piece of cake. and if you would rather stay in your comfort zone this may be good for you, because you can only advance so much here.
Very good benefits
Sales Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
OK place to work, but not stable since the merger. Shared services and finance jobs being off-shored to India and Asia. Good location (Energy Corridor) in Houston
Relaxed
Remediation Outreach Analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 5, 2017
Friendly and relaxed atmosphere, mix of very repetitive tasks depending on volume of client documents. Good job to start working fast
Technical dream job
Principal Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2017
Engaged in new eCommerce project that requires integration with many systems. Required new technical learning at a fast space. Great benefits and vacation policy!
Pros
Flexible work from home policy
Cons
Distant upper managment
good
Maintenance ServiceI Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 25, 2017
Mondays we have weekly meeting, returne time card, work orders
get new work orders.
Rest of the week first to the office, call tenants then go on the road.
Too much driving is the hardest. Troubleshooting and repairing.
previously growing company with stalled growth
Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 20, 2017
generally a good place to work but core revenue streams have matured. investment wasnt properly made during the growth period so infrastructure is not in place and is leading to client dissatisfaction. this had led to increased scrutiny on operating teams to cut costs and increase efficiency, but operations were already bootstrapped to a critical level. work-life balance however is quite nice.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
infrastructure, business outlook
Stepping Stone
AVP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Good place to start your career. Learn what you can and get out as soon as possible. Terrible compensation, solid benefits. Poorly managed integrations.
Watch your back!
Sr. Finance Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 10, 2017
Company talks out of both sides of their mouths. Nobody trusts Sr. Management! Great work/life balance but that is about it!
Pros
Cons
Terrible Mgmt and Moral
No Career Progress
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
Have been in this company for over 3 yrs, No increase in compensation, have been pushing off raises saying its due to market down turn. No clear career path has been layed out. Its always work.. work work... dont expect pay raise nor a promotion if you join this company.
Good company to work for
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 14, 2016
This is a great company to work for and is ideal for those starting their careers. The company is beginning to transition to using some of the latest technologies.
Not a positive experience
Director, Alliance Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
I did not like my time at Markit. Difficult work culture, poor management with short sighted goals and objectives. No focus or direction