IHSS

IHSS Employer Reviews

Love
Cook (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: work anytime
Cons: dont no when we get paid
Love Love Love. Taking care of people is my passion.

Cook
Clean
Run errands
Meal prepare
Shop
Ok job but no opportunity for advancement.
In Home Care (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: very easy
Cons: pay and no management opportunity
My work day is pretty routine. I cook breakfast then do the daily chores. My daily routine consists of washing dishes, wiping down counters/appliances, sweeping/mopping, and cleaning the bathroom. I also do the shopping and prescription pick ups. This is a dead end job that has no opportunities for advancement.
Productive, hard working, and working alone
In Home Care (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: having lunch with my boss
Cons: health care, full time hours
Maintaining a clean work environment. Learning new things in life with the stories of adventures and hardships from an very intelligent person that i get to enjoy making his last days as comfortable as i can. While i get to enjoy the wonderful feeling of helping others.
nice,calm enviroment, love being a help to others
Provider (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: adjustable hours
A typical day at work consist of helping an elder groom themselves , I also prepare meals and clean. There is no dull moment while working as a provider. Im the only worker, so I make sure my job is always complete.The most enjoyable part of my job is just being able to be a help to others
I love working with the elderly and disabled it gives me a since of being.
caregiver (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: i love the independence of it.
Cons: the time sheets and check take to long to be prossed and sent out.
I love this company because it gives the elderly a chance to remain in the comfort of their home and feel safe. It makes makes me feel like im making a difference. The wisdom that you learn working with these people is amazing, its like having and extra grandparent.
Fast paced
Care Provider (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Blood collection by venipuncture from patients of all age groups, processing of specimens for analysis which consist of Blood, Urine and Stool. Good supervisor support.
great learning
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJanuary 2, 2015
In casas I have learn a little of everything and also my first moments of being on my own as a medical assistant and administrated
productive work enviorment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: getting to work with alot of different people
Cons: not job security
clean cook,assist with showers,dressing,cleaning house and preparing meals.didnt have co-workers.hardest part of the job can be when client doesnt want to do the daily tasks.enjoyed working with disabled
NA
Medical Assitant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 31, 2014
i have learned how to work and treat the old people , i always enjoyed working and helping them .
Typical day at work.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: just helping someone in need
My Typical day at work is making sure my client is doing good,and taken all his med's and eating as he should be. and that his home is clean and he is clean. Just a normal typical day as a caregiver
Learning Experience
Care Provider (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2014
Long and stressfull some days but fun and educational :) You learn a lot about how to deal with people with disabilities. You dont have many co-workers so iyts just you and your consumer. Seeing them smile through it all, especially pain, is the best part
feeling needed
Caregiver Assistant (Current Employee), Pomona, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: a good feeling of helping somebody in need
Cons: no benefits
do light cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. drive client to Dr. appointments, assist client with hygiene and meal preparation.

I am learning to work with individuals who require a helping hand in many daily necessaties of life my patience and understanding for the elderly and needy has grown to a better understanding.
Very rewarding job working with the mentally disabled adults
Caregiver (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of cooking,cleaning,preparing meals,distributing medication,washing cloths and engaging in activities with clients indoor/outdoors. I learned that my heart is compassionate and I love to help other people who are less fortunate than others. The hardest part about my previous job was learning all of my clients behavior charts. The most enjoyable part of my previous job was learning how to care for the mentally disabled and giving them hope.
Great work place
caregiver (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: very low pay
I love working with this company great people as well as clients. I love taking care of people and putting a smile on their face.
was a good job
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Diamond Springs, CADecember 16, 2014
the job was a good paying job but there was a lot of situations that could have been handled better
Very rewarding job
Care Provider (Current Employee), Hemet, CADecember 14, 2014
I would prepare daily meals and help with medication. Transport client to and from daily errands or medically appointments. Would complete light house keeping for client.I really enjoy this job because i am able to make a difference in someone life just be providing them with help in their time of need.
I like helping children and older people so I really Enjoyed the work environment
Special Needs Caregiver (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: working with children, no over time
Cons: no room for moving up
A typical day at work consisted of getting the kids ready for school and preparing their meals for the day. Light house cleaning until they got home from school. When they got home I helped him with their homework, gave them their medication, and fed them their snacks.
The hardest part of the job only would be when one of the kids would act out but I usually calm him down pretty quickly. He was very close to me. the most enjoyable part of the job was when I helped them accomplish things and see a smile on their faces. I learned that all kids can accomplish goals and be happy, regardless of their mental or physical state.
front desk
care provider (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: loved my job
taking phone calls, making appts. for patients room patients ,billling charts, therpy, and filing
Easy Going
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Redding, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: easy pace
Cons: slow or no advancement
Typicaly you clean house and assist in whatever the client has available for you to achieve that day. You work alone along with the client. There's nothing really difficult and the pace is easy going. Enjoying the company of the client could be the most difficult or the most enjoyable
Great place to work for fast paced individuals
In Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: great people better salary
Cons: long hours, some rude clients
Going to work was as pleasant as going home, all staff where friendly and kind. Management was strict but good natured.Hardest part of the job was the hours could get a little hectic and sometimes the customers could be very rude but it was nothing that couldn't be handled

1 2 3 4 5