IKEA
1,170 reviews

IKEA United States Employee Reviews

Productive and team Oriented
Cashier (Current Employee), New Haven, CTApril 28, 2015
-Simple work day with great management staff
-Work goes by smoothly and quickly when everyone is working as a team
-most coworkers are team players and get along well with others
-unruly customers can make the job undesirable but that"s in all retail
not productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: compensation
i hated working here because everyone there was immature including the managers, they never agree on anything and hard to get a day off if you was not a favorite
Overall Experience with IKEA Direct Customer Support Center
Backline Resolutions Advisor (Former Employee), IKEA Direct Customer Support CenterApril 27, 2015
Pros: I love IKEA as a company
Cons: Management, Constant Changes, No work life balance, Unfair treatment, Favoritism, Etc.
I initially loved working for IKEA Direct in Baltimore,MD, but the management isn't for their employees. I was fired while under FMLA and approval from a manager to leave the premises, my manager did not speak with me in regards to the reason why I was late on the two occasions. When I attempted to explain the reason why I was late the date the manager gave me approval her response was "Well you can peer review it" I wanted to appeal it, but the lack of concern for their employees concerns me and I would never want to work for IKEA Direct ever again and I do not recommend anyone living in the Baltimore area to work for IKEA Direct Customer Support Center
Great customer service and discounts
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2015
It was an amazing company to work for and enjoyed in helping customers the best way possible. In Cash Lanes we worked together as a team to bring the lines down and be able to help our customers with their purchases. I would say the hardest part of the job is on weekends when we had shortage of cashiers and or registers. Enjoyed interacting with customers, co workers and management.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: whole team fully engaged
Cons: moved to another area
All management on the same page
To be an effective leader where team was very engaged and motivated
Great mentors to learn from
Team members that were accountable
just work
Got promoted to Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: never can get a promotion
I go in at 3am work until i'm finish with stocking the store sometimes
I work untill1 pm then do trash learn how to stock a store with maps over the 10 yrs their really can't talk about the management really good cause they are only talk to you if you are in their circle of friends my coworkers are ok the hardest part of the job is going up and over the standards to try and get a higher job the best part of the job is the benefits and Vacation that we get I just want a career that looks at their coworkers that work hard and that I can move up at and retire for then with promise and
Best Job during College
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 16, 2015
Worked here during my time in college enjoyed my time working there was able to work my way up to increased pay. Very competitive work environment to prove your self to management which I enjoyed.
Cashier (Former Employee), philadelphia,paApril 13, 2015
Even though each manager doesn't like the same style of working they are easy to get along with. They are sympathetic to the hours their workers work.Sometimes it can get a little busy but the managers try to come down and help.
Productive and fun to work
After Sales Advisor (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDApril 13, 2015
Great place to work with great people and structure through out the building. Im blessed to be albe to have the chance to work at IKEA.
Not to difficult
Logistics (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Discounted prices
Cons: 10 min breaks
The job is not all that difficult, you get up early in the morning and work like any other 1st shift job. I restocked shelves. I learned that boxes can be deceiving. My coworkers are fine, all older than I am, but I expected that. Managers are perfectly fine. The job isn't difficult. I mostly enjoy the short days, and the opportunity to be home by 11 am.
Not a very promising job
FSmaland Co-worker (Current Employee), USAApril 10, 2015
Pros: The benefits, and the pay is alright
Cons: Inconsistent schedule always for full time, hard to move up, management, raises
I sign children in and out of the play area. Everyday I get yelled at by angry customers because their child cannot come in to play because they do not meet the qualifications. The management doesn't seem to understand what we all actually go through on a daily basis and it makes working there much harder. It is almost impossible to move up or get raises. Always understaffed.
Challenging and Educational
Kitchen Cabinet Assembler/Installer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: unorganized, low hours
I am an expert in Scandinavian design cabinetry. I can assemble and install all Ikea products. I have exceptional customer service skills and can operate professionally in a customers home. I enjoy resolving the unique problems that arise in each job. The hardest part of my job is working at the pace of other contractors.
productive, and beneficial
Packing Operator (Former Employee), Ringgold, VAApril 4, 2015
Pros: benefits and management team
Cons: employees and lack of communication with supervision
It was a great job and had great benefits. The management team was great. Teamwork with fellow employee could had been a lot better. Learned how to operate the machines, tcart and labeler. The hardest part of job was no communication. I enjoyed operating the machine and accomplishing hitting the numbers and getting the product into the warehouse at the end of the night.
Those higher up make it a difficult place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on peak days
Cons: managment
Co-workers are easy to get along with. Management had extreme difficulty with communication, Hours were all over the place. The company as a whole has a great culture
nice place
Customer Service Representative, Cashier (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDMarch 29, 2015
I loved working for Ikea. It was very family oriented. Management was great, the pay was good and overall my 8 years there were fun.
I love IKEA.
Logistics (Former Employee), Covina, CAMarch 26, 2015
IKEA has the best people working there. They strive for customer satisfaction. They strive for a great work/life balance. It's easy to see why IKEA made the Top 500 list of employers to work for.
goal driven
Self Serve Team Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: goal driven
Cons: fast pace
IKEA is a great retailer to work for. This company offers great benefits to its coworkers. As a manager, the foundation that this company has put in place is great for developing co-workers and managers.
It can get a little busy but it had a great outlook on customers and employees
Cashier (Former Employee), East Palo Alto, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The break room had hot food and vending machines that were affordable.
Cons: Would of liked more hours.
You come into work greeting all your co-workers. Have your day set out for you. I usually worked the cashier area. It was an active job and the customers were always nice. I would ring up their items take their money or credit card. Try to answer all their questions about the products and its location. Items would be sometimes heavy but thankfully there would always be someone around to assist me if I needed help. I enjoyed working there for the short period of time that I was there because Ikea really has there business well put together.
Good Temporary Job but no advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounted furniture
Cons: short breaks, no schedule flexibility breaks, needed more staffing
A typical day at work would consist of an endless lines of customer waiting to be checked out. It was the most hectic work environment I have encountered at the time due to when IKEA first opened.
IKEA, Not as Good as it looks.
Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: fellow employees, 15 min breaks, & 15% discount
Cons: no hours for part-time, average pay, feeling like you don't matter at times
1. Only 4-5 hour schedule work shifts, maybe 3 days a week.
2. The pay isn't too bad, but dealing in the crazy world of retail IKEA could offer more.
3. 15% Employee Discount, 3.00 Employee lunch menu, 15 min Breaks, & 30 min lunch breaks (If you work over 6 hours)
4. Some managers are Awesome, but then you have your managers that you can do without.
5. If you ever have an issue at Ikea, don't even waist your time with Human Resource They never do anything.
6. Basically if you are full-time at IKEA then your in good hands. Part-time at IKEA just doesn't cut it to survive. I've seen employees quit, resign, or go elsewhere.

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more

IKEA Salaries