IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,228 reviews matching the search
no opportunity
Packer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 28, 2017
typical day at work very slow, very dusty dirty. learned how to package furniture and load them into a truck and wrap pallets. management belittled employees. workplace culture was fun.
hardest part loading the trucks. most enjoyable wrapping pallets.
Great place to learn about retail structure
Co worker 2 (Former Employee) –  BurbankMay 28, 2017
I learned allot about how to successfully operate and stage a retail store. I enjoyed the diverse culture that was within the stores employees. It was a great place for young employees to grow and move up in.
Pros
Culture, Opportunity to Learn marketing skills
Cons
Management didn't walk the walk.
Productive And Safe Work Place All About Safety,Qulity,Performance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 26, 2017
I Enjoyed The Whole Three Years I Was There.Because I Didnt Interact With Anyone Who Couldnt Give Me Knowledge.I Stayed To Myself And Observed What Was Going On From Production Veiw So I Could Help Everyway I Could.But They Need Better Cross Training With Operators And Team Leaders.Because In My First Year There I Was Identifying Thing That The Team Leaders Didnt Even Know.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Lunch Breaks, Not Very Well At Training
Wish I never left!
Sales- IKEA Business (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 26, 2017
Coworkers are by far number and treated really well. The pay was good for the job, lots of great benfits and perks working with the IKEA group. Held various roles in customer service for 8 years.
State great company values, but these are not lived by - all for show
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
I was excited to work at a company that had great reviews, but this one did not live up to expectations. The PTO and benefits are good, and it would be a great place if they practiced what was preached.
N/a
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 26, 2017
A great place to work, if you're not temporary. A lot of potential. Hard to get hours and to move up. Overall, its a great place to work and I enjoyed working there.
Kids overload, best part of the job
IFS Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 24, 2017
The hardest part of my job was when I had to work both staff cafe and the restaurant. I was constantly going back and fourth which was the most stressful thing to do. I would always be closing by myself and all the work just piled on me.
Pros
Food
Cons
Water proof shoes
Overall its a great place!
Cashier/ Facilities Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Over all it is a great company to work for, I enjoy our policies and the freedom I have. I get to have my fantasy hair color, my facial piercings and my tattoos can be in the open. I have been there for 2 years mainly because of the freedom of expression around there.
Not fair
CDC Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAMay 24, 2017
I felt like there's was alot of favoritism. For example people that rarely put out as much orders as me and some of my co-workers would always receive standing ovations.
cowokwers are wonderful
Child Care attendant/ Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 24, 2017
Ikea Is an okay company but working with certain management they really don't understand the true meaning of working as a team the co-Workers are wonderful to work with.
A nice place to work with a staff cafe for coworker
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 24, 2017
Ikea its a best place for more experience they coworker we very friendly and the per hours very good Ikea family its the best furniture store i know in tne state
Amazing Experience!!!
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 24, 2017
Working at IKEA was a lot of fun and I was able to meet with all kinds of cultures and experience different foods. Every day was fun and everyone I worked with was like family.
Pros
$3 meals, discounts, awesome benefits, Pto
Cons
Great for job security...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2017
IKEA is a great company, with a great idea, but lacks great management. I wasted about 3 years there before I realized it was a waste of time. The pay is "OK" if you are happy with it, because it won't change much unless you are FRIENDS with management outside of the business. There is a very bad issue of collusion going on there between management and some lower level employees causing an unfair situation with promotions as there is a lot of family and friends working together.

But, if you are friends with the right people, it can be a promising career until you aren't friends anymore.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
Collusion between management and some employees under them.
A fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDMay 23, 2017
Even though we were always busy, we met a lot of people from all over the world. I got to experience and be trained in a lot of areas in my department.
Pros
employee cafe, free gifts, benifits
Cons
long hours a lot of standing
Great Company
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2017
Constantly changing environment. The company is supportive and unlike any other company. Benefits are great. Company treats you like family. Pay is fair and it is hard work
benefits
Cons
hard to move up
offers excellent benefits but low pay
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 22, 2017
Excellent place to work for a working student. Benefits are excellent for full time employees. Work culture is ok. Very liberal, so come as you are.offers flexible schedule.
excelent
Sales & Supply Support (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
my experience is wonderful logistic
my job place my manager
my coo-workers I enjoy complete my job
my costumers is a really work place
I need to come back
Pros
excelent
great place
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 21, 2017
I worked in a couple of departments in ikea. I started out in the restaurant and worked my way into a new position. I love the work environment its one of the best companies to work for.
Pros
discount, enviroment
Cons
not a lot advancement after a certain point
Fun place that works with you
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2017
IKEA is a cool place to work, fast paced on the weekends mostly. The environment is friendly and welcoming. It is very diverse and they allow you to be yourself.
cares for epmloyees
Smaland Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
This job is very simple and comfortable. I supervise children while the customers shop. I also help at the cash lanes when busy. I really enjoy working at IKEA, because the entire team works together to provide an excellent and easy shopping experience. The most enjoyable time is the breaks, working an 8 hour shift entails two 15 minute breaks and an unpaid thirty. These breaks are luxurious, the break room is large seating area in the AC with food to purchase just for us! I am not used to taking more than one break!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.