IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,360 reviews matching the search
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 18, 2017
good place to work if your going to school but this job just goes to show you how not smart people can be. great job but you wont see me in customer service anymore!
IKEA is a great place to work
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2017
I loved working at IKEA, My co-workers and customers were the best. Any job will have some bumps in the road. But my overall experience at IKEA was great. I was pregnant while working there and the managers made sure I was comfortable, got plenty of breaks and They do provide maternity leave up to 6 weeks or so, then you can use your PTO if you're not ready to go back yet.
Pros
Discount lunch, 15% Off all items, Great Benefits, good pay, Good people
Cons
Fun place to work and always busy but can be overwhelming and stressful at times
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
I learned how to manage my time even more. Multiple customers would approach me to ask about a product and I would assist them to the best of my abilities as efficiently as possible while always aiming to meet their needs so the customer can have a satisfying experience leaving happy and more inclined to visit again. The hardest part of the job was working the weekends when it was full of people. Overall it was fun and enjoyable at times and I really appreciated the benefits offered to me, but I wanted to take a different career path more suitable for my goals.
Pros
Free lunches, discount on lunches, discount on merchandise, generous benefits, good people
Cons
Overwhelming customers, lack of support at times, mandatory weekends
great retail experience
IKEA Business Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIAugust 17, 2017
I got to be a part of the opening in 2006. It was exciting and fun. This was my first experience working retail, and even though there were tough days, I would recommend working there. I actually think I wouldn't mind going back there some day if I don't find anything else that is a good fit.
I initially left for another job opportunity and plus the last 2 years I had a manager that was not a good fit for the position. The store management changed a couple of times and it was never the same.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, cafeteria on site, employee discounts
Cons
had to work weekends, didn't like having to wear uniform
Best job I've had yet!
Ikea co-worker (Current Employee) –  Spanaway, WAAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits are great. The culture/values are great. Only criticism I would give is that some of the management could use some training on their leadership skills. For the most part I am very happy working for this company and am looking forward to continuing my career with Ikea.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2017
Fun environment and relaxed atmosphere. A lot of room for growth and advancement. If you work hard and take the time to learn about the products and people it's easy to succeed
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Retail
A enjoyable and competitive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAAugust 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working for IKEA. I enjoyed the coworkers and managers both and for such a big company you never felt like you were just a number and there was always someone around willing to help if you needed it.
Overall, a good place to work.
Restaurant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 16, 2017
The benefits are great and the co-workers were, generally, great to work with. The company does have a "European" culture which can, especially to an American worker, seem like an effort to force employees to be friendly and Scandinavian egalitarianism can seem merely to reinforce, however inadvertently, the hierarchy. On the positive side, there are chances for advancement in order to move up that hierarchy.
Pros
Good Benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons
European Culture can be a bit off-putting
Ikea Atlanta
Kitchen Seller and Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
There is no positive business direction or business drive. Seasoned, knowledgeable workers/managers are constantly let go and replaced by inexperience. Dedication is never rewarded. It's a horrible place to be. Employees work so hard and are treated like lesser beings. You're a great applicant but once accept the position, you're immediately a lesser employee.
Pros
Cons
Pay check and benefits
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 15, 2017
It's physical job! It's always a job were you use power tools. But overall it's a great place to work. You have a great balance of life and work balance.
What happened to Old IKEA
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 15, 2017
I used to love coming to work but with the changes happening in the workplace, I am ready to move on. The managers are un-educated and need more training. They are bias and not for the employee.
Pay Was Good
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2017
I was paid $13/hr working at IKEA but I was through a temp agency. It was fun seeing all the customers flock in for food and the laughter of children playing.
Pros
Seeing happy customerd
Cons
Discounts and managment
Cool Place to work
Sales - Kitchen Seller (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company, it was only due to distance that made me choose a different path in regards to my career. I enjoy the work atmosphere.
Great Culture
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
The culture at Ikea is fun, diverse, and extremely productive. I truly enjoyed working there and learning so much. I was able to expand on so many skills and abilities.
Excellent Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 13, 2017
IKEA Paramus is a great place to work with outstanding benefits and many other attractive features. The variety of jobs and likable coworkers allows for pleasant work days.
Sales
Showroom Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 12, 2017
Need product knowledge on material, learn about the designers and their products. Sales, Friendly work environment, work life balance,
better pay than most retail companies.
productive and skillful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 12, 2017
you must be productive and skillful when it comes to sales as well as able to sell the product the customer is interested in. Anybody that knows IKEA knows that it can be confusing at times when it comes to explaining to customers that items do come in multiple pieces and can be found is separate locations. Must be able to be very detail oriented.
Pros
great time working with others and assisting customers
Cons
doesn't pay very well for the knowlege you must remember
fast paced
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2017
i like working here its very fast paced keeps me busy and love learning new things and gaining new experience.I love how while working you meet new people and they're willing to help you grow in different areas if interested
Pros
great food and benefits
Cons
no overtime
Safety & Security (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2017
I could honestly say that I enjoy coming into work every day. Great benefits, great workplace, work life balance, competitive pay.

It is hard to first get into the company, but once you're in the possibility of transferring to other departments is very likely
Could be a good place but managers play favorites
Frontline Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2017
Worked here for over a year while part time coworkers and coworkers from other departments passed me up for leadership roles. The first time it was because I didnt know enough about IKEA. After spending a year sponging up every bit of knowledge I was passed up and the job was given to someone who had never set foot in out department. Bad management, good place to work if you are just looking for a job.