IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
very exciting place to work
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 26, 2017
I liked working at IKEA...I met all types of people. I enjoyed helping and talking to people. They had a lot of new items coming in the store. The best part I like, that they have what they called CO-WORKERS APPRECIATION DAY. It was a fun place to work.
The ikea vaules are great
Swedish Food Market Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2017
I really do not have anything bad to say about the ikea company. It was first job in South Philly being that I am from NYC.

I loved all my coworkers.
Pros
Healthcare, when u are full time. 80% covered
Cons
Managers are so-so.
Cart Coworker
Carts Coworker (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 26, 2017
This is a newish department for the Schaumburg store. The frontline managers are inadequate at coordinating their workers. Carts coworkers are constantly outside in the heat and cold lifting furniture and pushing carts. The managers sit behind a booth all day and complain about the workers with no understanding of the difficulty of the job. Pushing carts and loading U-Hauls is easy, but doing it for hours on end in the freezing cold or boiling heat is not. It's like an 8 hour workout. Definitely takes a grind at you, especially if you're doing it a few times a week. The store itself is great, with discounted food for employees. I just wished that the managers had more empathy for the carts workers. Pushing 100s of lbs worth of carts for hours everyday isn't easy and they should see that when they send out Cashiers to assist and the cashiers are having a hard time pushing the carts.
Pros
Discounted lunches, uniform is free
Cons
Poorly trained managers, most of the workers are snitches
It's great
Home Delivery Associate (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 26, 2017
It's great. I would recommend anyone to work here. They are pleasant, I get to put in time off without a hassle, and the pay is great. I wouldn't leave here until I know what exactly else Im doing.
Pros
the staff cafe
Cons
can't work overtime when i want
Excellent workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  HickvilleApril 25, 2017
Flexible work schedule, generally pays attention to employee wellness. More employee friendly than any previous workplace. Very good European values that benefit everyone.
Pros
Friendly workplace, employee discount, tuition reimbursement
Cons
inconsistent rules at times
Productive/Fun Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 25, 2017
I've been here for 3 years now and counting I love it but need another job to supplement my expenses and so far IKEA has helped me figure what I want in my future
Pros
Staff Cafe
Great first job
Home Furnishing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Great place to work, amazing benefits. Great value and culture. Really get into the Swedish culture with the furniture and the food. Coworkers are amazing, management can be clique(y) really have to brown nose or show favoritism to be noticed. Some people will move extremely fast in the company, others stay in the same position for years. Jobs are straight forward. Product knowledge, and customer service. Things can get repetitive and so will customers.
Pros
Great benefits
fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93309April 24, 2017
the co workers are great to work with and are willing to help people out when they need it. the company is pretty easy going and you can were regular clothing.
Productive and a fun place to work at.
Dishroom Attentant (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 21, 2017
Ikea offers many different things as an employee. You get rewarded for time spent at the company. I just had my 10 year anniversary and was given a gift card to the store.
Pros
Free lunches on peak days.
Cons
Short lunch breaks only 30 minutes.
Great job, great growth.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 20, 2017
This is definitely a customer oriented job. You are always working with customers in some facet or another. There is no shortage of questions or concerns.
The company is great, it takes care of it's employees, and offers some pretty amazing benefits. But, you do work a lot of hours here, and they aren't the most ideal. So if you want a flexible schedule, this probably isn't the first place to look.
You are offered a lot of potential to grow, and succeed here though. There are many opportunities that are given to you to become a leader, and to move up in the company. You can work hand in hand with management to work in many different areas in the store.
There is a culture of love, and acceptance at this location as well. You will find that there are very little restrictions placed on you as an employee. If that sounds like something you want, then I would give this job a try!

Want to know more about IKEA?

Ask a question
cool place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 20, 2017
students part time workers would love to work here. Learn to work with customers and become a leader.flexible hours and get great discounts. The products are also great.
Pros
greal lunch for staff
Cons
lots of standing and lifting
Very good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 19, 2017
the company invests a lot of time and money into making sure the employees are properly trained, and are motivated to complete their work in a timely and orderly fashion.
Pros
compensation is great
Cons
retail is not as easy as the training makes it seem
Fantastic place to work for most.
None (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAApril 18, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work with great benefits. Be warned they will schedule you for way more hours you're supposed to and not pay overtime unless you've been working a ridiculous amount. Extremely fast-paced job none of the work their is easy. Almost everyone is nice the pay is great.
Pros
beautiful breakroom, friendly associates, offer training, advancement friendly
Cons
the bad associates will have you going home crying, overworked
Good proposed company culture that just isn't there
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAApril 17, 2017
The management team was great as far as those that were on the floor dealing with the employees, anything beyond that was intolerable or nonexistent when it came to a problem or needed help of any kind. Compensation was a bit slow but the benefits were good at the time. Too much gossip there and there is no way around it, eventually either you with be a part of it directly or indirectly. If you attempt to become part of the solution, you become the problem. Also there are some employees there that live to try to get others in trouble or fired.
beautiful
Kitchens Designer (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAApril 17, 2017
a lot of time on your feet, merchandising...

you reap what you sow here. when i work there i feel like a glorified shopper that just looks around while i work. customers come up and ask me to do stock checks, etc. i do what i can. sometimes customers get frustrated because the item that is displayed is out of stock./
Pros
inspired by products
Enjoyed My Time There
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDApril 17, 2017
Filled Internet Orders/Department Trouble-Shooter/Management Trainee.I really enjoyed my year at Ikea. Things were going along quite nicely when i was injured in a Freak Accident limiting my lifting capabilities.
Not What I expected
Store Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDApril 16, 2017
I feel like I was mislead during my interview as to what my job and duties would be. They keep changing the way things are done and adding on responsibilities but with no incentive or pay increase. Difficult to advance. And everything is tracked. If you take a 4 min break to use the bathroom and it wasn't a scheduled break time, it throws off your adherence and gets you into trouble......
Cons
Short breaks, get dinged for unscheduled breaks
Loved the job and hours
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAApril 14, 2017
Excellent place to w0rk great management and the were willing to make sure your were comfortable with everything before releasing you to work on your own.
Almost a great job
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2017
This is a great, great company to work for. IF you work for them outside the US. Inside, all stores have the same problem: It's a Cast System. Those who work upstairs in the offices are so far above you, even if you've worked there for 20 years, that they will never care who you are, or what you do. Those without offices: Well, enjoy your slave work. Very very low pay, but incredibly good benefits. Can be a fun place to work! Best as a second job, unless of course you can find a way in to the "upstairs jobs"... i.e. Management, HR, Accounting, Com-In, or anything that does not require you to lift a box. But again, goooooood luck with that.
Pros
Health insurance, lunches, employee purchase plan
Cons
Very low pay
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2017
Work hard have good attendance and you will succeed.
Company pays decently, Has good benefits . The ikea culture is great they are very welcoming. I learned a lot working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.