IKEA Employee Reviews

Found 1,299 reviews matching the search
One thing they say and another thing do!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
Unbelievable management , not in a good way. Hard to believe all of these people are in one place. I think if you work and only expect a paycheck - this is the place for you!
Pros
cool merch
Cons
crowded, dirty.
Productive workplace
Recycler (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDJuly 17, 2017
Separating recycle items, doing the bailer like the strap and the wrap and doing loading ledges. My day went alright. I learned how to do things. Work experience was not hard.
A nice place to work
Daily food prep for service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2017
Working at Ikea was very fast-paced and busy. We would have huge rushes of customers and I stayed calm and focused in order to get through service. I was valuable to my team because I had experience in all positions in the kitchen.
I can do anything
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 14, 2017
I got to learn how to work a hotline and cold cases, I also learned how to run a restaurant dishwashing machine, I also learned the cash registers and how to bus the tables.
Pros
a wonderful place
Innovative
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 13, 2017
A great working environment committed to growth and development of its employees. With a great home life balance, IKEA strives to emphasize the importance of a family unit.
Fast paced and never dull
Safety & Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 13, 2017
Busy from the time I would get into the office (sometimes even before I get into the office) but it was never a dull moment. IKEA has a philosophy of hiring a person for who they are and not just what they can do. The best part of the job were my amazing co-workers and manager.
learn alot about retail, and comraderie
Goods Flow Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2017
It is a good place to work. I feel the management is there to help and steer you into a great future! The co-workers are all fun to work with and there to help you when you need help. Company has great benefits and lots of perks. They truly do care for their employees as well as their family needs.
Pros
great co-workers, benefits. An a great opportunity to advance into a steady career
Cons
hours change daily, long commute
IKEA Atlanta
Logistics Coordinator/Replenisher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
It used to be a fun place to work. Things have changed at IKEA Atlanta. Benefits are Excellent, the work is usually not hard, dealing with the customers and management is the hardest part. I spent 5 years with them. They stay busy so it's always something to be done. The culture is like no other place in the world, but here in the US we have different values & capitalism is what makes our job & experience bad. They start you off making at least $11 an hour. Summer picknic, Christmas gift, PTO, health benefits, are the best parts of this job. Make it a temporary job. Turnover rates are high right now (60/40). Changes are happening and this is not the same company I began working with in 2012. They use an outdated system and barely have new technology.
benefits
Cons
management and their computer system for logistics
Love the people.
Småland/ Greeter coworker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 11, 2017
Flexible work shifts. Plenty of job and company education. Preparing crafts was enjoyable. Coworker were friendly and fun. Management was fair and accommodating when possible.
Pros
The coworkers and benefits.
Cons
Impatient customers.
Great company, but logistics is problematic
Forklift Operator, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 10, 2017
I was informed that, at every other IKEA, that if, as an equipment operator, one accumulates too many points on their operators license, they're moved off of the machines, into another dept. At IKEA Centennial, despite the cries of the whse/logistics mgr, operators over their points are fired. Also, the pay isn't terribly competitive, though the matching 401k funds, up to 6%, as well as other benefits (health care, 15% discount, etc.) are nice. Decent corporate culture, as well.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Logistics: Early hours, Many things to crash into (especially summer displays in the self-serve whse)
Great Retail Environment
Safety and Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 10, 2017
Provides decent pay with great benefits for those who even just work part-time. Fast paced and always evolving, the IKEA culture focuses on developing its coworkers in an ever changing retail environment.
Nice environment with great staff
Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at Ikea was very interactive. Customers ask for assistance often and my job was to assist them or guide them to where they can be assisted. I've learned various things from working at Ikea. I learned about food preparations, inventory, marketing, and furniture assembly. Ikea prides itself on being customer friendly. There's always a way to deal with a situation respectfully even when the customer may be unruly. The hardest part of my job was stocking, having to strategize and place all our items away in a timley manner. Most enjoyable part of the day was serving customers and seeing smiles on their faces.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2017
Was actively approaching customers making sales learning a lot of new things from customer and the employees i was working with made it very interesting
Loved this place
Sales Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2017
If IKEA had a been starting rate of pay, I would be working there now. I love this company and not just for their products. They are good people and they care about their employees. Every great benefit the Federal Government offers me at my regular job was offered here to employees. Even better if you ask me as every employee was offer some sort of health insurance and leave. I started at a store opening and if I could have made more money I would have stayed. I ended up going back 4 times to work holiday help, just because I enjoyed the place so much. Some of my best friends today are people I worked with there.
Pros
Discount, cheap meals & good different meals, pro employee
Cons
lower starting pay, too long (for me) to work to get to manager wage
Great benefits
Kitchen Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
Management may need to walk the talk more. From top management to bottom management position. Hiring process can be adjust to fit the right people to right work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
To move up is base on who you know not the quality of your work.
Lesson learn
Frontline Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2017
Preaches great values but lack at following through. Management can use improvement. Coworker should receive more appreciation. Benefits provided are good.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 5, 2017
This job was great i loved the environment and i loved that they had an indoor gym. The staff is also very friendly. I had an over all great experience here.
high paced
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 3, 2017
Worked overnight shift. Communication is terrible here. 3 years of driving the forklift. the job is pretty basic, they just refuse to see it's the same operation everyday.
benefits
Cons
2am work start time
Ikea
Coworker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2017
Great benefits, cool place to work, work life balance for full time coworkers can be difficult, and pay is good compared to comparable retail locations.
Good place to work. Fun environment.
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2017
This is a good company. The people are friendly and the starting pay is competitive for retail. Escalated customers are the hardest part of the job. The co-worker are the most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.