IKEA Employee Reviews

fun productive pleace to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2016
Typical day at work hands on,planing, setting up display boards, creating displays, space planning. Learned how to space plan commercial areas. Good coworkers.
Na
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDSeptember 23, 2016
Its a great job to work at.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Have special and unique benefits
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I can be myself around here.
Fast paced work place with great benefits.
WMS Superuser (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDSeptember 22, 2016
The best part about working at IKEA is the work life balance. The amount of PTO you receive is second to none. For the most part, IKEA has a very friendly work environment. The Starting pay could be a bit better, but after a few years of service, it pays off.
Pros
Ample PTO, Store discount, Great Benefits
Cons
Starting pay, Managment
great place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Career advancement can happen fast if you know your stuff ! Open- door policy through the organisation .

401 (k)
Dental
Vision

Opportunity to move up in the company. Managers are friendly and care about coworkers
The IKEA restaurant is efficient, a lot of hard working people.
Customer Relatios/Public Relations/Cash Handling (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 16, 2016
My typical day at work is constant, with a high flow of customers. The most important thing in running a restaurant is cleanliness, as well as being efficient and great food at a great price. Also, when you give great customer service, they will always ask for you when they return. Make sure the stock room is full and organized at all times. The management is great as well. The hardest part of the job is standing at the same place all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is the working with great people and helping meet the customers needs.
Pros
The IKEA has a great staff-cafe, they have their own chief and service great food.
Cons
The standing for long periods of time and working late night shifts as well as week ends.
Very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2016
I love this job, I've been there for 8 years, unfortunately i had to relocate so I have to leave. I learned a lot about how a business is run and about customer service overall. Its a great job with great benefits
Pros
Staff cafe, many activities, game room
Cons
short breaks
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 14, 2016
I liked working for this compnay because they had a lot of room for advancement. with nice pay. Co-workers were always helpful.
Pros
free lunch and quick promotions
Cashier/back of house staff (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 13, 2016
IKEA was oe of the best Jobs I've ever had, wished to be compensated more for a kitchen job. Other than that it is an amazing environment with extremely diverse coworkers. Everyone is happy working there, it's amazing!
Fun place to work
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2016
Everyone is nice here. Some management have issues but hey, that's everywhere.

This is a warehouse so it is not an easy job, but it the atmosphere is easy going...
Fun
Home Delivery (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 6, 2016
They give great feedback and room for growth within the company. Managers are smart and very helpful. The location i work at is clean and very friendly environment
messy work place
co worker food (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 1, 2016
really short of co workers ,inexperience management ,bad scheduling, a lot of rude customers ,very little opportunity for advancement ,little training for new recruits, not many co workers stay long except a few unambitious persons very high turnover of co workers
Pros
$3 lunch
Cons
very unhelpful management
A good company with good values
Sales Coworker (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 1, 2016
I really liked working in my department. I had a lot of freedom to make my own executive decisions and I was trusted by most of the coworkers and managers. I met a lot of very good people there and generally speaking, everyone was genuine and friendly. There was always something to do and I loved getting to build furniture several times a week. The pay was outstanding for a retail job, and the benefits were great. I didn't pay into the health insurance, but I heard it was pretty good and had low co-pays. Not to mention the fact that I had my own 401K. You get 30 hours a year of sick time that you don't have to fight with anyone to use, and you build PTO fairly quickly. Also, you get a 20% discount as an employee and you get to deck out your house with Ikea furniture! But what I loved most was that they actually listened to your ideas and implemented them. They encourage individuality and intelligence, something that is hard to find in retail. The only negative thing I could possibly say is that favoritism among the higher-ups was a huge issue. If you weren't close with them, then you were never going to move up. They also liked to hire managers externally, instead of promoting internally. And those managers were HIGHLY UNQUALIFIED for the roles they were put into. But overall, it is a great place to work, there was always something to do, and you got to feel like you were a part of something bigger than yourself. It was refreshing working for a company that is extremely eco-friendly, innovative, and very creative.
Pros
Great benefits, nice atmosphere, fun job
Cons
Unqualified management and nepotism
SWEDISH FOOD MARKET CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work, great benefits, compensation is awesome. Management great, team leads cool to work with. overrall store great place to shop although confusing store layout to customers.
Wonderful people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 30, 2016
So wonderful working environment you have the ability to move into new positions new departments meet new people learn a new trade also help costumers fufill there wildest Home furnishing needs
Good company with great benefits.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  E Palo Alto, CAAugust 28, 2016
Good Swedish company to work with. Good starting pay.

Company encourages co-workers to be themselves and not to be afraid to make mistakes.

Hardest part of the job is not to have a stable schedule.

Enjoy working with people and co-workers.
Pros
Have a great working philosophy
Cons
Schedule for workers not stable
Punctual and reasonable
Helper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
It was a very organized company, supervisor were very clear and hard worker. Co-workers always cooperate each other and we did a very good team.
There was a place were I learned a lot about working in a team.
Pros
It was very steady.
Cons
Very far from home
Excellent upbeat workplace!
Goods flow co-worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at IKEA was extremly fast paced, challenging and fun. The co-workers were friendly and knowlegable. IKEA taught me the intricacies of a high flow warehouse/retail store. Due to the lack of proper computer technology, executing my daily duties often became challenging. My most enjoyable part of working for IKEA was a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
Discounted food prices for employees, excellent benefits, fair wages, positive work environment
Cons
Outdated equipment
Always evolving company
Frontline Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 22, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the antique computer equipment that is unreliable or incompatible with anything hardwired to the company. Held several jobs in different functions and all have pros and cons but the culture and people you work with are amazing. It's your second family. And if the steering management team jives well and is family focused it remains a common thread throughout the store. I would say some of the best managers came from the Dallas, TX store in Frisco.
Pros
Coworker focused
Cons
The general public and I.T.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 16, 2016
Handled all transactions with customers. Handled cash daily. Very high volumes of customers. Declared monies and till at the end of shift. Kept area clean and put items left by customers in the correct locations.
Pros
Staff Cafe, Benefits
Great People
Home Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 15, 2016
The coworkers were great friendly people.
The managers were hit or miss. When they were a hit, they were fantastic.
The store is so large by the time the customer is able to leave they turned into the most irritable unreasonable, people at times.
Getting them to hire people is a painfully long process.
Pros
Descent pay, and benefits for retail
Cons
Slow Process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.