IKEA Employee Reviews

ikea work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be just me making sure things stay fully stocked, cashing out customers, maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant. I learned how to be a busser. Management are very good there. The co-workers are very friendly, welcoming, and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was finding something to do when its slow. The most enjoyable part was the work/life balance.
Very relaxed enviornment to work in but productive at the same time
Quality Purchasing Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Swedish culture
Cons: Flat organization so no growth locally
Fun work place with supportive management. Very mobile workplace. Office location moves very frequently. Culture and work environment is enjoyable.
Great Chance For Advancement
Risk Prevention Advocate (Current Employee), Merriam, KSAugust 27, 2015
Good work atmosphere. There are a couple of overbearing managers. But for the most part you are trusted to do you job and not hassled. Other departments managers are generally easy going and nice to work with.
Typical Day
After Sales Team Lead (Current Employee), Centennial, COAugust 26, 2015
Pros: pretty good benefits
Cons: communication from management
An average day starts with being told how good/bad the performance of the store from previous day. Goal, expectations for the day and staffing situations. Dealing with escalated customers in the returns area, home delivery and full serve handout.
Good part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), College Park, MDAugust 25, 2015
A typical day working at IKEA usually consists of straightening and organizing products to look more commercial, reviewing and preparing for shipments of products coming the next day, changing space capacities for specific products as needed, and providing assistance to customers. My coworkers are a diverse group of people ranging from all ages. The management is that to be expected of a retail company. The most challenging part of my job is creating space for incoming products which have no clear marked space. This involves moving many other products around in that area to see which method of organization works to create the most free space. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job for me because I welcome all challenges in the workplace.
Best job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Palo Alto, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts on products and food
Cons: Confused and demanding customers
Great place to work. Helpful and supportive managers, great coworkers.
Creativity is emphasized over rigidity.
Lots of flexibility for such a big company. I really enjoyed educating customers on the products we offered and learning all I did about every facet of the company.
fun workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: none
hot prep for from menu using recipes. cook food raw bar and hot line for dinner and bunch service also re stock food. The co work I work was very easy to work with will help if you need the help. The Chef had a knowledge for food.
Great work environment with great co-workers
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Carson CA USAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Awesome progressive company
IKEA is a great place to work for. I worked 24 years with the company and relocated 4 times. They take care of the co-workers.
Very Interesting Place To Work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Nice Break Room.
Typical day we are very busy. Learned almost everything I know about a job at IKEA. Hardest part is the customers, we have the most rude customers EVER! But I'm able to deal with that.
very fun, loving productive place
Cashier (Current Employee), baltimoreAugust 17, 2015
Pros: co-worker meal, discounts, healthcare benifits, other benfits outside with ikea
Cons: short breaks, sometimes lack of team works, stressful days with avaiablitity
everyday is always a adventure I work at Ikea and the loft. I am very a hard focus type of person. when it comes to work, I am very fast into what I need to do to get the job done. My managers are very helpful and they are willing to let their co-workers give them suggestion to make the business grow. Working with Ikea the most I learn to be a consist co worker and never stop trying. I do volunteer to help out other department and to get involve with the community. my co-workers are exactly like me in a way we are out going, very fun, talkative type of people. we love to make each other smile and laugh but if one of us is struggling then we a team so everyone is struggling. the most enjoyable part is that I am getting good benefits but I am willing to be a part to a great company and is known from all my peers that I am willing to do more and better things. especially if I willing to change department or help with volunteering to deliver soft toys to Kennedy Krueger institute.
cool company/pay sucks
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLAugust 16, 2015
Pros: 50 cent hotdogs
Cons: schedual sucks
starting pay is horrible and to move up in the company you have to sell your soul and deal with weird expectations. they barley have their employees back when dealing with customers.
Great staff, fun and energetic work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits, coworker meal discount, great staff
Working at the restaurant in IKEA has taught me a lot about working as a team player and knowing when to take initiative in any given situation. I greatly valued the leadership and support from my managers and the friendly demeanor of my coworkers.
Fun job, fun people
Carts/Restaurant Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Fun place, fun people
Cons: Long distance from home
My department had me doing a lot of physical work, like heavy lifting and many cart runs. It was about 2/3 physical labor and 1/3 customer service. A great 1st job.
Great benefits and paid time off, but lacks connection to reality
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Canton, MIAugust 11, 2015
The benefits at IKEA are great. The medical coverage is great and so is the PTO. There is room for improvement when it comes to adequate resources to meet the customer in a good way.
Flexible hours and competitive pay
Customer Service (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 10, 2015
Ikea offers a lot of great benefits and pay. Their minimum wage is over $12/ hr and is going to rise again. The people there are nice and there is plenty of opportunity to switch departments or just work in other areas on some days to get more hours. You also have the opportunity to work at other stores or move up and become a manager. They have a great holiday party in December and throughout the year they have fun activities and give away prizes. They also donate money and help to local charities as well.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Rich Culture
We definitely are a good team and believe in teamwork throughout the store. We have over 200 co-workers, so communication is key with all departments. There is never a boring day, and it is always busy throughout the day.
Friendly and caring
Packer (Former Employee), Hampton, NJAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Very few interuptions when working
Cons: none
Ability to work in an environment with friendly coworkers and managers. Being able to work independently and maintain a pace suitable to company standards.
Easy going work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Environment, Safety in the workplace
Cons: $$
Interesting culture and always something new to see in the workplace. Pretty laid back atmosphere even on the busiest days
VERY STRESSFUL
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), College Park, MDJuly 28, 2015
Was a customer service employee in charge of exchanges, returns, and complaints. I actually saw over 300 customers in one 8 hour shift, as an example of how busy it gets. This position was very stressful and I did not feel I could continue working there while i was in school, I did not feel that the pay adequately reflected the amount of work actually required
IKEA takes employee satisfaction seriously!
Customs Compliance Coordinator NA (Current Employee), Westampton NJJuly 27, 2015
IKEA is a fantastic company! It is a very laid back and flexible environment. Flexible hours and wearing jeans really takes the corporate out of a "corporate" environment.

IKEA also allows opportunities to volunteer your time to help the community as well as help with many IKEA sponsored events throughout the year. And, although, it doesn't impact my work directly, it goes a long way to support my mental well-being.

I have learned so much in my few short years here. Training and personal development are also a huge priority. It's great to see a company invest that much in their employees!
Revenue