IKEA
1,027 reviews

IKEA Employer Reviews

nice enviroment
Office Support (Former Employee), Forest Park, GADecember 24, 2014
Replenishment Specialist Responsibilities included restocking store items in self-serve and market hall department.Retail furniture sales
Management Team
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee), Nottingham,MDDecember 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, co workers, close to mall
Typical day at work of a Aftersales Advisor consist of taking calls from customers with multiple problems. Anything that a average customer service representative could handle. as far as the "IKEA Way" of things. The management team SUCKS. it mostly consist of who like who more or whose friends with who. Your work ethic means nothing at IKEA, you can – more... be the worst problem solver and still surpass a qualified candidate for promotion! This job would be a lot easier or work better if the whole HR and Management team were replaced. There is more I could say about this unethical company, But I do not want to waste any more of my time.. – less
fast pace and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: cheap and delicious lunch
Cons: somewhat hectic environment
As a cashier at IKEA i was required to handle a minimum of 34 customers an hour,my average was 38-45.IKEA helped me in retail alot because it made me become more effective faster.My supervisors were awesome! they were hands on and informative and showed a great deal of respect.My co-workers were even better i've developed great relationships even 2 – more... years after i ended my tenure there.The hardest part was getting a feel for everything in the beginning and keeping up a steady pace.The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and having the customers leave with a smile on there face – less
A Family-friendly place to work
Commercial Swedish Food Market & Bistro Asst. mgr (Current Employee), AtlantaDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at IKEA is opening the store starting your routines, preparing for the customers, I have learned a lot about sales, how to sale steer your product etc. The coworkers are the best and the most enjoyable part of a typical day at this store. The hardest part of the day is dealing with a difficult customer.
One of the Best Jobs
Food Service Cashier (Former Employee), West Chester, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, snacks were provided, good salary, crosstraining
Cons: closing down the whole dinning room by yourself, working with dishroom staff
I really loved working for Ikea. I got to learn a lot about the Swedish Culture as well as work with great customers and managers. Unfortunately I had to leave because there were no full time jobs available in my department.
Diversity, culture and values
Safety, Security, & Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2014
Busy, fast paced, changing environment.IKEA is a culture and values driven company. Excellent benefits and paid time off. Promote work life balance for their co-workers.
Very productive, willing to work with your daily life schedule.
Cashier (Current Employee), Elizabeth,NJDecember 12, 2014
One morning i came to work and we had 2 call outs. i took it upon myself to close the staff cafe for the day and send the employee to the restaurant and serve the customers. I figured they would rather lose $3. from employees than to lose more money from a valuable customer.
The best retail job I've had yet.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDDecember 11, 2014
A typical day at work I would do inventory in the morning. Also help customers. I worked in the lighting and storage department so I would help people find the right storage systems for their needs. My manager was nice and understanding if I needed a day off or asked for more hours.
productive career building job
replenishment (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free gifts, ikea parties
Cons: pay rate is not so good .
great atmosphere, good people, great way to build a career if interested. learned so many things, came in with no experience and now i have knowledge in driving forklifts. ikea really cares for workers!
Fast paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 8, 2014
A typical work day at Ikea included but not limited to, inventory control, providing excellent interpersonal skill, maintain health of the department etc. The best part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life.
Good Job security
Showroom Sales Associate (Former Employee), Emeryville, CADecember 5, 2014
Ikea is a nice stable place to work. Everyone cares and the meal compensation is rad
productive and fun workplace
costumer service rep./ self serve warehouse (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 5, 2014
I worked in the cash lane and self-serve warehouse department helping customers with their shopping and directing them around the store to get what they need. A typical work day is fun, productive and satisfactory. I work and average of two hours on the phone receiving calls from costumers and the rest of the day i work on the floor making sure costumers – more... in the store are properly attended to. – less
Great culture and company
In-Store Logistics Manager (Store Steering Member) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: technology
Great opportunity to mentor and grow people through training programs. We need to take the customer experience at IKEA with newer technology for a better overall customer experience. The best part of my job is the ability to transfer knowledge on a daily basis to co-workers for their development as well as making the customer experience a better experience – more... overall. – less
Fun place to work!
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free uniforms, benefits
Cons: retail hours
I was in Customer Service at IKEA for 7 years: it was a fun place to work. Very fast paced on the weekends: always something to do in a store that received more than 2 million visitors per year! I worked there part time: I wished there were more full time positions available: if there had been, I would still be there!
Fun work place
Full-time/part-time (Former Employee), ElizabethNovember 24, 2014
Pros: do what you can
Cons: no cleaning
Verify the order
proceed to pack it and ship it

The environment wasn't good, no cleaning stuff

the manager was ok, he did force you till the limit

the hardest part was on the lifting part. sometimes it was to heavy and some cooworkers were to busy to help you
fun workplace
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Canton, MINovember 22, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with such amazing coworkers. I did not like working in the department I worked in though due to not so understanding parents.
Great place to work amazing managers, benefits, and pay
Cashier (Current Employee), Centennial, CONovember 21, 2014
I love working for IKEA they treat there employees extremely well! There benefits are unmatched. Amazing coworkers and Managers!
very diversifed fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Westampton, NJNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay, vacations, benifits
i had the best experience working there at ikea. the management were very professional gave great feedback and cared for the employees
A fun and exciting place to work!
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2014
A typical work day at IKEA involves a lot of customer interaction as well as attending to the task at hand which is to make IKEA the best home furnishing store in the world. I've learned a lot of core values with my time at IKEA such as togetherness&enthusiasm,leadership by example and cost consciousness.
Enjoyed Workin here
Frontline Cashier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: busy and fun
Cons: tenpted to buy all the furniture all the time
Great place to work! Always a lot of customers and I enjoyed looking at and purchasing new furniture on my off days.

1 2 3 4 5

About IKEA

IKEA is a Swedish company registered in the Netherlands that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs, – Read more